Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    I can no confirm they are no longer in the shelves in my local Dunnes. Don’t know if they were a Mistake last week or not but they’re gone this week.

A sly marketing ploy to identify all the Christmas fans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ashbourne bound elves..... Mr. Price has large Yankee Candle Christmas jars in stock and Card Factory has a few Christmas Card packs on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭DvB

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inside-virus-friendly-santas-grotto-22577781.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting!

Edit. Its an article about a covid safe santa school for grotto's in 2020.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

Iceland's Sticky Toffee Winter Forest Log, get in my belly!!

Iceland's Sticky Toffee Winter Forest Log, get in my belly!!

Haven't looked at it yet, will wait until lunchtime, otherwise I'll just get too hungry & the rest of the morning will drag:D

Haven't looked at it yet, will wait until lunchtime, otherwise I'll just get too hungry & the rest of the morning will drag:D

Good plan! I only had a sausage sandwich a little while ago, and now I just want everything in Iceland.

The Range christmas selection....

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/

The Range christmas selection....

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/

Oooooh baby, i do love me some of the range!!

• Advertisement

Oooooh baby, i do love me some of the range!!

Ditto. Got some great stuff over in the one at Liffey Valley last year, so will be making another visit again this year no doubt!

Ditto. Got some great stuff over in the one at Liffey Valley last year, so will be making another visit again this year no doubt!

The one near Northside shopping centre is good too, good size and good carpark.

It got a bit Pirates of the Caribbean at the end, but a good read :)

'John Lewis, the nation’s tinsel ­barometer, knew that Brits would want something to look forward to after lockdown and opened its Christmas shop early.'

Who or what would be our 'nation's tinsel barometer'?? Apart from us of course :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Who or what would be our 'nation's tinsel barometer'?? Apart from us of course :)

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop?

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop?

Yea, was first thing that came to my mind as well.

Christmas sweets tubs are in Dunnes now full force. €5.90 a tub so I will wait for that to change before I indulge.

• Advertisement

Slightly not related but is related at the same time, not sure if you may or may not have noticed but there is a distinct lack of Halloween items on the shelves at the moment, which usually would be by now.

My source in retail has said they've cut back on alot of Halloween purchases this year as they are unsure how the Halloween season will go, there's a serious question mark over if kids can go trick or treating and Halloween parties for kids will most likely be a no go.

Slightly not related but is related at the same time, not sure if you may or may not have noticed but there is a distinct lack of Halloween items on the shelves at the moment, which usually would be by now.

My source in retail has said they've cut back on alot of Halloween purchases this year as they are unsure how the Halloween season will go, there's a serious question mark over if kids can go trick or treating and Halloween parties for kids will most likely be a no go.

Hadn't really notice however I wouldnt be in the shops as often I use to be. Can understand the thinking here as been left with tons of unsold stock must be a right pain and costly no doubt as not sure sale or return operates these days in retail(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

Please don't say that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I just got a festive email from Littlewoods with Christmas decorations, toys and furniture! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was up in Sainsbury's in Newry earlier - Christmas already arrived there, bought some mince pies, look delicious!

526146.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Sony Movies Christmas launches on September 24, screening nothing but festive flicks 24/7. You can find Sony Movie Christmas on Freeview 50, Sky 319, Virgin 424 or Freesat 303.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Will the max of six from two households be in place I wonder.

That would cut down expenditure "exponentially" lol. And might keep away the serial Christmas grinches aswell. Every cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Will the max of six from two households be in place I wonder.

That would cut down expenditure "exponentially" lol. And might keep away the serial Christmas grinches aswell. Every cloud.

Just leave granny outside in the cold looking in the window!

Hone alone on e4 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Hone alone on e4 at the moment.

Ah their monthly showing :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement