Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My local Dunnes has the €4 pouches of quality street and roses. Not the tubs the pouches. I imagine the tubs are coming next though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    My local Dunnes has the €4 pouches of quality street and roses. Not the tubs the pouches. I imagine the tubs are coming next though.

Saw them in Blanch too over the weekend, they're usually the gateway to the tubs appearing.

FTR they've already appeared in the UK and have been delivered to stores in the ROI so they wont be long in appearing now i suspect. :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I was channel flicking last night and noticed one of those shopping channels (QBC?) has started segments of Christmas gift ideas for various items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

With the years that in it will 'out of season' finish earlier this year??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    With the years that in it will 'out of season' finish earlier this year??

Nah I think it’s good to stick to the Nov 1st being The start of in season. Purely cause Halloween gets in the way. Eliminate Halloween and we can start the season earlier :P

• Advertisement

Nah I think it’s good to stick to the Nov 1st being The start of in season. Purely cause Halloween gets in the way. Eliminate Halloween and we can start the season earlier :P

I'll get working on it :D

Be interesting to see how Halloween will be affected by Covid19, cant see the traditional trick or treating going ahead under the current circumstances. I'm sure the kids will want us to rig up the halloween decoration & lights but i'll miss the stroll around the local area with the kids checking out all the lights & suchlike as most out our way (& 1 or 2 in particular) make a great effort to decorate the houses & theres always a great vibe with all the kids out dressed up in costumes. I'd love that to happen but just cant see it unfortunately.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how Halloween will be affected by Covid19, cant see the traditional trick or treating going ahead under the current circumstances. I'm sure the kids will want us to rig up the halloween decoration & lights but i'll miss the stroll around the local area with the kids checking out all the lights & suchlike as most out our way (& 1 or 2 in particular) make a great effort to decorate the houses & theres always a great vibe with all the kids out dressed up in costumes. I'd love that to happen but just cant see it unfortunately.

Yes, hard to know how it will go. I'd say we'll still put up the decoration as normal and leave out sealed packs of sweets. They usually do fireworks on the green at the end of our road. I guess this could still go ahead as can social distance etc.

TRS30 wrote: »

Love that first Jack Skellington one... already fighting the urge to order it!!

Now want the house from up, the wall-e & other Jack Skellingtone one as well.....:o

• Advertisement

Now want the house from up, the wall-e & other Jack Skellingtone one as well.....:o

Tell me about it DvB, luckily its not payday for another week so the urges hopefully will have died down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pennydreadful

Out of interest, is anyone going to start their Christmas shopping earlier? Given all that is going on, I think I'd rather have everything bought and ready for wrapping early just in case there was any barrier to getting to the shops. Thinking of starting the list this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Out of interest, is anyone going to start their Christmas shopping earlier? Given all that is going on, I think I'd rather have everything bought and ready for wrapping early just in case there was any barrier to getting to the shops. Thinking of starting the list this week

I'll probably start earlier, but it will be on online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought the OH's main pressie already. Just trying to find in on shop and ship...

We tend to start ours in September for the kids, have already identified about 90% of what to get them so once we get paid at the end of the month they'll be ordered. The smaller bits we pick up along the way as they'll just be small stocking fillers etc.

For extended family it'll mostly be vouchers or cash, we dont do the siblings anymore just the nephews/nieces so will pick them up closer to the time as well, though they tend to be cash/vouchers now as well as they've all grown up and dont really want 'presents' as such :(

They're amazing... I really like the Frozen, Up and Wall-E ones...

MUST... NOT... BUY.....

.....THEM ALL.....

Watching a Christmas episode of family guy and the school principal brings up the fact that die hard is a Christmas movie haha

EDIT: I found the clip.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love it. :D

Watching a Christmas episode of family guy and the school principal brings up the fact that die hard is a Christmas movie haha

Don't think I have ever laughed at a show so much when really I know I shouldn't be laughing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

This Christmas, Songs of Praise will be counting down the UK’s Top 10 most popular carols based on your votes
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/fMMwKzS1N84cyMXFWMLjqT/vote-for-your-favourite-carol

Likely the vote is only allowed for UK viewers,
    however I thought interesting seeing the list of the 50 Christmas Carols.

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    This Christmas, Songs of Praise will be counting down the UK’s Top 10 most popular carols based on your votes
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/fMMwKzS1N84cyMXFWMLjqT/vote-for-your-favourite-carol

Likely the vote is only allowed for UK viewers,
    however I thought interesting seeing the list of the 50 Christmas Carols.

Yeah some interesting choices in there, some I never would have expected alongside all the old classics.

Might actually watch that particular episode now.

BTW, was in a local shop over the weekend to pick up a card for my nephews confirmation & noticed that christmas cards are back in stock, i didnt think to take a photo as I was in a hurry but will be back in this weekend to pick up some more cards & will try & remember to take a sneaky pic!

I can no confirm they are no longer in the shelves in my local Dunnes. Don’t know if they were a Mistake last week or not but they’re gone this week.

I can no confirm they are no longer in the shelves in my local Dunnes. Don’t know if they were a Mistake last week or not but they’re gone this week.

Sold out?

Sold out?

Possibly....

Possibly....

Sweet. It'll encourage them to put the tubs out!

Don't lie- they are all in your house, aren't they?! :pac:

I wish haha :)

John Lewis online christmas store open from noon today.

https://www.johnlewis.com/christmas/c5000025

• Advertisement

Visiting a Christmas shop is essential travel, right? >_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement