Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

You do realise the Ukrainians had already the evidence and were a couple of years into this case before it blew up on Trump.
    The Ukrainians couldn't get the Trump administration to listen, that doesn't surprise me as they were looking for their money back.
    There is enough for a case against Biden and more Democrats but it's explosive. It required a tactical approach especially as there were Democrats involved.

Ta. I take it from the above that you see Don is no angel. It does confirm my impression that Rudy's activities were totally out of order and Don's giving them the nod makes him complicit in the unnecessary stupidity of Rudy's "covert" activities.

BTW: I've edited my last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You do realise the Ukrainians had already the evidence and were a couple of years into this case before it blew up on Trump.
    The Ukrainians couldn't get the Trump administration to listen, that doesn't surprise me as they were looking for their money back.
    There is enough for a case against Biden and more Democrats but it's explosive. It required a tactical approach especially as there were Democrats involved.

A plot to create a made up scandal involving the Bidens has been uncovered and backed up by documentary and verbal evidence under oath and your takeaway from it all is that there is a case against the Bidens?

Good job there.

Anyway, for those interested in what actually is happening, here's the link to tonight's submission from the House Intelligence committee. It's not long at all and contains text messages and images of notes from Parnas. Parnas is sill talking and sharing so it would be sensible to expect more of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 autumneyes

Absolute rubbish. Trump and the Republicans are actually taking apart the usa's democracy as we speak. The widespread corruption, gerrymandering etc. Its appalling to watch. If I was American I'd be far more worried about violence from the right wingers and white supremacists than the likes of antifa.

Absolutely correct, just look at the "Rapture" lunatics Trump has encircled himself with. Trump is exactly the same as the rest of the warmongers who came before him, anyone who believes anything otherwise is a deluded fool...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A plot to create a made up scandal involving the Bidens has been uncovered and backed up by documentary and verbal evidence under oath and your tak

Anyway, for those interested in what actually is happening, here's the link to tonight's submission from the House Intelligence committee. It's not long at all and contains text messages and images of notes from Parnas. Parnas is sill talking and sharing so it would be sensible to expect more of this.

Where are getting that the whole Biden thing is made up? I don't think anyone thinks there's nothing to see.

I've read through those 38 pages, fits in with my thoughts from the start. Nothing significant there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,559 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hopefully it stays that way for another 4 more years. They are living in a somewhat free society, were unfortunately not and it's only going to get worse here until we have our Trump moment.

Person who worries about not living in a free society also says that he would vote for Putin.

Okay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

everlast75 wrote:
    Person who worries about not living in a free society also says that he would vote for Putin.

Trump putin free society! WTF! People still believe in this crap!

Trump - 'I said us" - do us a favour though, to Zelensky. Not "me", us in that call'

Do ye remember Trump spouting thay as the proof he was doing this all for America?

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1217228717031772160?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

So this was part of the impeachment document released yesterday: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xgqdz7/house-democrats-dropped-impeachment-documents-lev-parnas-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-zelensky?utm_source=reddit.com
    In messages with Parnas sent in the spring of 2019, Hyde responded to negative articles about Yovanovitch by with: “Wow. Can’t believe Trumo [sic] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that.”

He then sent a series of messages that appear to suggest someone was watching her location, and a cryptic note saying: “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price.”

Hyde followed that up with: “Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money… what I was told.”

Parnas wrote back: “LOL.”

What... The...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fonny122 wrote: »
    Parnas and Hyde discussed putting a hit out on Maria Yovanovitch

In March 2019, Mr. Parnas communicated by text message with Robert F. Hyde about former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch. In response to some articles, tweets, and videos accusing the Ambassador of being disloyal to President Trump, Mr. Hyde wrote “Wow. Can’t believe Trumo [sic] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that.” Mr. Hyde then sent a series of text messages suggesting that he had Ambassador Yovanovitch under physical surveillance in Kyiv and that “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price.”

From their texts:

Robert F. Hyde: **** that bitch

Parnas: [links multiple articles]

Robert F. Hyde: Wow. Can’t believe Trumo [sic] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that.

Robert F. Hyde: [Links multiple articles/pictures]

Robert F. Hyde: She under heavy protection outside Kiev

Parnas: I know crazy ****

Robert F. Hyde: My guy thinks maybe FSB..?

Parnas: [Links articles]

Robert F. Hyde: [Links picture]

Parnas: Interesting

Robert F. Hyde: [Links to article]: www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/white-house-personnel-official-described-trump-gop-nomination-as-end-of-the-world

Robert F. Hyde: What should I do with this?

Robert F. Hyde: They are moving her tomorrow

Robert F. Hyde: The guys over they asked what I would like to do and what is in it for them

Robert F. Hyde: Wake up Yankees man

Robert F. Hyde: She's talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off.

Robert F. Hyde: She's next to the embassy

Robert F. Hyde: Not in the embassy

Robert F. Hyde: Private security. Been there since Thursday.

Parnas: Interesting

Robert F. Hyde: They know she's a political puppet

Robert F. Hyde: They will let me know when she's on the move

Robert F. Hyde: And they will let me know when she's on the move

Parnas: Perfect

Robert F. Hyde: I mean where if they can find out.

Robert F. Hyde: That adress I sent you checks out

Robert F. Hyde: It's next to the embassy

Robert F. Hyde: They are willing to help if we/you would like a price

Robert F. Hyde: Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money... what I was told

Parnas: Lol

Robert F. Hyde: Update she will not be moved special security unit upgraded force on the compound people are already aware of the situation my contacts are asking what is the next step because cannot keep going to check people will start to ask questions

Robert F. Hyde: If you want her out they need to make contact with security forces

Robert F. Hyde: From Ukranians

Robert F. Hyde: What's the word bro

Robert F. Hyde: Any good stuff?

Parnas: Call you soon in studio

Robert F. Hyde: Let's go Holmes

Robert F. Hyde: RG was good. But Ingraham had some hard questions

Robert F. Hyde: Nothing has changed she is still not moving they check today again

Robert F. Hyde: Hi buddy

Robert F. Hyde: It's confirmed we have a person inside

Parnas: [Links youtube video]: "Trumps takedown of FBI (Winning montage!)"

Robert F. Hyde: Nice

Robert F. Hyde: Hey brother do we stand down??? Or you still need intel be safe

Robert F. Hyde: She had visitors

Robert F. Hyde: It's confirmed we have a person inside

Robert F. Hyde: Hey broski tell me what we are doing what's the next step

Putting a hit out on her, let that sink in........Associates of the personal Lawyer of the President of the United states discussing killing a key witness in the impeachment process.

I guess this puts weight to her testimony when she was told to get of Ukraine at the next available flight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

duploelabs wrote: »
    Putting a hit out on her, let that sink in........Associates of the personal Lawyer of the President of the United states discussing killing a key witness in the impeachment process.

I guess this puts weight to her testimony when she was told to get of Ukraine at the next available flight

Is this the same Robert F Hyde living in Simsbury, Hartford County, Connecticut, running for a congress seat for the GOP this year with him standing next to Don Trump on a poster in front of the US and Presidential flags?

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    Is this the same Robert F Hyde living in Simsbury, West Hartford, Connecticut, running for a congress seat for the GOP this year with him standing next to Don Trump on a poster in front of the US national flag?

The very same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump - 'I said us" - do us a favour though, to Zelensky. Not "me", us in that call'

Do ye remember Trump spouting thay as the proof he was doing this all for America?

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1217228717031772160?s=19
    Wonder if this was Rudy's insurance? Guess he didn't know others had it too.

Rudy has to be thrown under a bus at this point. If he isn't fired and arrested it is an admission that Rudy was working for the President and conducting foreign affairs for the benefit of Trump personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

duploelabs wrote: »
    Putting a hit out on her, let that sink in........

Fruitcake. Chap (Hyde) was pretty much sectioned at a Trump resort last year. Was running around saying he was about to be whacked. Maybe he thinks he's Tony Soprano or something.

Fruitcake. Chap (Hyde) was pretty much sectioned at a Trump resort last year. Was running around saying he was about to be whacked. Maybe he thinks he's Tony Soprano or something.

Well there's the other side of that conversation, with the associate of Rudy (and therefore trump), now do you mind answering the questions I asked a couple of pages back or are you doing this scarpering ploy when challenged ad nausum?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Not all Terrorists use guns, it's more the damage they can do to society, I'd be fairly easygoing live and let live but I just can't get on board with some of the woke agenda and that's 100% coming from the left.

You stated that you feared the violence from the left. Now you are simply worried about using 'they' instead of 'her' whilst you have no issue with far right terrorists carrying out terrorism in the US?

You seriously need to think about your priorities and stop being made scared because of what others are telling you be be scared of.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They don't need to it's old news. They have Uncle Joe snookered, Bernie and the Apache are tearing themselves apart and Nacy is going to shaft the pair of them with the Impeachment to help Joe. All Trump needs to do is sit back and watch. I'd love to see someone give him good run but the left has become such a dumping ground for what's wrong with the modern world they'll never find a candidate they all can agree on.

##Mod Note##

Drunkmonkey will be taking an extended break.

Yavanovich was told to get on a plane at 1am because of fears for her security.

That ties in with these series of messages and the implications.

Are you saying that those concerns were not real?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yavanovich was told to get on a plane at 1am because of fears for her security.

That ties in with these series of messages and the implications.

Are you saying that those concerns were not real?

I've no doubt it will be played off as locker room talk or they were just kidding.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v74dvb/impeachment-team-assemble-pelosi-just-tapped-these-7-democrats-to-take-trumps-trial-to-the-senate?utm_source=vicefbus&fbclid=IwAR0wnVEkK6wTgl4KOcGFOaeIzteGZNM8KNT9WIaGEG4-H6tkq78K0IaB5c4

Adam Schiff of California, House Intelligence Chairman

Jerrold Nadler of New York, House Judiciary Chairman

Zoe Lofgren, a member of the House Judiciary Committee and House Administration Chairwoman

Hakeem Jeffries, Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus

Val Demings, a member of the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees

Jason Crow, member of the House Armed Services Committee and former Army Ranger and Iraq War veteran

Sylvia Garcia, a member of the House Judiciary Committee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Diverse, 3 first termers on the team too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

So is my understanding correct: Its tried in the Senate, but prosecutors are from the House?

Do the senators get to ask questions themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So is my understanding correct: Its tried in the Senate, but prosecutors are from the House?

Do the senators get to ask questions themselves?

Yes the senators get to ask questions. The prosecutors are from the house because the house is given the job of building a case for impeachment. The senate tries the case the house makes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not that it was ever remotely likely or possible under the current political climate, but the fact there are no Republicans in that list is depressing. Obviously it allows the whole narrative about it being a partisan coup to continue.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Not that it was ever remotely likely or possible under the current political climate, but the fact there are no Republicans in that list is depressing. Obviously it allows the whole narrative about it being a partisan coup to continue.

Maybe if any one of them behaved in a responsible or competent way...

Also the communication between John dowd and Jay Seculow kills the attempts by trump to claim outside of photo that he doesn't know Lev Parnas. If he didn't know him like he claims why was he consenting to John Dowd becoming his lawyer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

This stuff about conducting a survaliance operation on Yavanovich is insane. This alone should be enough to remove a president. The net is closing in on Giuliani......

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

This This alone should be enough to remove a president.

I don't think it's an exaggeration go say we may be closer to 100 instances of this than 0 at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Trump and the GOP have never sought to defend vs the evidence presented. They don't have one. It's attack the personalities, promote conspiracy theories, muddy the water with whataboutery and above all, tis a witch hunt worse than xxx, and Trump instead of being the cause is actually the victim.

We'll see does Mitch get his way about not calling witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING:
    Lev Parnas & his attorney to appear as guests on The Rachel Maddow Show tonight

This should be good.

• Advertisement

BREAKING:
    Lev Parnas & his attorney to appear as guests on The Rachel Maddow Show tonight

This should be good.

Good thing I'm subscribed to the podcast version of her TV show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement