Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244320570315018240?s=19

What the ever loving **** is wrong with them?

I'm very serious question by the way.

There could be up to 200k fewer people available to watch these briefings if Dr Fauci's comments come to pass.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anthony-fauci-predicts-hundreds-of-thousands-american-coronavirus-deaths_n_5e80c707c5b6256a7a2c7df7

It is unbelievable that he is concerned about ratings at a time like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244309931874017280

Looks like the Task Force Briefing is 5PM ET today, so 10pm here (?) for anyone wanting to see it.

I feel sorry for regular Americans.
    This is who represents them on a world stage.

Truly disgusting, but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think the earlier tweet could be masked as a statement that lots of people watch him and therefore some networks deciding to cut him off was contrary to the public demand.

Good thing that the mop and bucket brigade didn't come out with that defence, as it's blown out of the water with that thread of 3 tweets, showing it is simply all about ratings to him.

He is a sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

His twitter going a bit mad. The briefing later could be very interesting! Or will what he's on have worn off by then?

Keep in mind that the administration [Don] took a court action to bar critics access to his twitter account and lost, then they [he] took a case to the appeals court to have the 1st court decision overturned and lost as well late last week/early this week by decision of the appeal court judges. The judge from the appeals court made it clear that in reaching their decision, the appeals court judges took guidance from USSC decisions and rulings. He's still pissed off with both losses.

Bill de Blasio made a statement New Yorkers will take to heart that a New Yorker dies every six [6] minutes from the virus. That has to have an effect on their thought processes in respect of a former NYC resident now home-based in Florida. The Holland-America liner "Vaandam" has been let through the Panama Canal on mercy grounds by Panama. its destination: Florida. The Holland-America line had the Vaandam transfer dozens of non-affected passengers to a sister-ship liner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Apparently prince harry and Meghan are moving to the USA now according to trump. I mean 1) who cares honestly and 2) there's more important things to be worried about at the moment. He's not well.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Apparently prince harry and Meghan are moving to the USA now according to trump. I mean 1) who cares honestly and 2) there's more important things to be worried about at the moment. He's not well.

Not when you're virtual-plugging the state you are head of Govt of as a tourist spot. It makes sense in that regard, especially when the family has invested a lot of capital [pun] into the US enterprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Did Trump not state the USA authorities are not going to pay for the cost of looking after them while staying in the country. That was why he mentioned them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The number of deaths in the US has doubled in two days and Trump is thinking of relaxing. Don't actually think it's his call. State Governers decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did Trump not state the USA authorities are not going to pay for the cost of looking after them while staying in the country. That was why he mentioned them.

This is not something he should even be talking about. He's the president!

Christ why do people let this stuff slide. Worst human being going tbh

• Advertisement

No tourist-visitor visa worries either for UK citizens crossing an international border from a country [Canada] which has impose border-crossings bans of its own into its territory. Edit: given the news that his family has been tested for the virus back in the UK, I'd be surprised if Harry and Meghan chose to cross the border for any reason, seeing as the international media have published the way Don has willingly compromised the medical and life safety of his fellow US citizens with his opinion that it's OK for normalcy to return to US public life soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244309931874017280

Looks like the Task Force Briefing is 5PM ET today, so 10pm here (?) for anyone wanting to see it.

It's on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyZMGIntGY

Oh my God!

"Everyone is trying to figure out how they did it."

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyZMGIntGY

Oh my God!

"Everyone is trying to figure out how they did it."

I'm not sure how anyone can watch these press conference seriously, iv stopped watching long ago. It's just a propaganda bs, I can only hear "great folks" so may times. I value my brain cells and listening to Trump wont help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jayzee.

Self-congratulatory press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

You're doing an incredible job, Mr President...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This is nuts..

With his reference to using blood etc from relatives to get over the hoop of working out how to get a natural medical remedy to the virus, Don seems to have forgotten the bar that persons of religious persuasion on using/providing blood for the improvement of related patients healthcare. He's just dumped on the NY authorities by "suggesting" there should be an investigation into what he said were thousands of items disappeared from stores in New York. I take it it's an unveiled swipe back at Andrew Cuomo remarks about a similar number of being required for NY.

Headshot wrote: »
    I'm not sure how anyone can watch these press conference seriously, iv stopped watching long ago. It's just a propaganda bs, I can only hear "great folks" so may times. I value my brain cells and listening to Trump wont help

I stopped last week as well. But I had to check in this evening after catching up on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

what's the point in a press conference in which all they do is congratulate themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

NaFirinne wrote: »
    what's the point in a press conference in which all they do is congratulate themselves.

Because he's more interested in getting another 4 years rather than saving lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

He's just cancelled his Easter plan anyway.

June 1st is when it will all be over...

I'm convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This is nuts..

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

"You wouldn't believe how much ammunition we now have!"
    Great, maybe he can shoot the people who need ventilators instead.

Trump revising the previous 2 weeks...

Apparently his ratings numbers don't matter to him!

Heavens above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jayzee.

In fairness this is working well so far

He's rewriting history and appearing to be on top of the crisis to the average voter

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

That OAN question ha, I love it.

This is insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

She's gone from tomorrow's one anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Anyone know who that ex times reporter is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement