Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭blackcard

"You wouldn't believe how much ammunition we now have!"
    Great, maybe he can shoot the people who need ventilators instead.

They had no ammunition when he came to power. Ireland could have attacked the US

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I don't watch these things, but do get any of the low lights generally and it always strikes me, how painful must those pity party rallies he has all the time actually be to someone with a brain that they like to use now and then?

Jesus could he not just try explore the whole virtual rally thing? They can pump in crowd applause and chants for him surely, he can even sell it on PPV with the money going to his campaign/slush fund/whatever the **** who cares

Having him on the actual news is just a waste of time, and dangerous more often that not.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

blackcard wrote: »
    They had no ammunition when he came to power. Ireland could have attacked the US

Our cargo of bricks could have been enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This is insane!

What is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I love how Trump pointed out that one reporter had a long time on her question and it's not fair on her colleagues that she ask another, when in actual fact, he interrupted her during her question, and went on a minutes long rant at the media, and never answered her question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What is?

Almost all of it.

Especially the one were he got mad at a reporter for quoting him and as a result it being "too negative".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

His approval ratings have never been better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jayzee.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    His approval ratings have never been better.

This is going really well for him

Not informative in any real way but effective from his perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's car crash stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You people aren't watching this whole briefing live are you?

See I've been lead to believe that Trump haterz only see the certain snippets of Donnie's press conferences that the fake news media want them to see, thus giving the false impression that he makes a total bags of it on a daily basis. If you watched the whole thing you'd realise this isn't true at all.

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    You people aren't watching this whole briefing live are you?

See I've been lead to believe that Trump haterz only see the certain snippets of Donnie's press conferences that the fake news media want them to see, thus giving the false impression that he makes a total bags of it on a daily basis. If you watched the whole thing you'd realise this isn't true at all.

Most of us on here have watched a lot of these live. It's ALWAYS a car crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyZMGIntGY

Here it is if you want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

"you see the trucks come up to Elmhurst with the black body bags and and you think it must be medical supplies. But it's people!"

This one is no car crash

Not from the perspective of most American voters watching

Jayzee. wrote: »
    This one is no car crash

Not from the perspective of most American voters watching

From the perspective of educated Europeans it is though.

Most of us on here have watched a lot of these live. It's ALWAYS a car crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyZMGIntGY

Here it is if you want it...
    I've watched them live before myself but in the last few days have given up. It's genuinely baffling how any grown adult can watch them and think this clown should be in charge of anything, let alone the f*cking USA. Country is f*cked.

urgelgru wrote: »
    "you see the trucks come up to Elmhurst with the black body bags and and you think it must be medical supplies. But it's people!"
    Tremendous people?

CNN going to town on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

The standard of reporting at these ****shows is through the floor. Meek, supine, a pathetic excuse for journalism. Every single reporter should be tearing into him like a rottweiler, talking over him, and following up with hostile questions. To be a journalist you're supposed to have moxy, not behave like a petrified altar boy.

The standard of reporting at these ****shows is through the floor. Meek, supine, a pathetic excuse for journalism. Every single reporter should be tearing into him like a rottweiler, talking over him, and following up with hostile questions. To be a journalist you're supposed to have moxy, not behave like a petrified altar boy.

He just shouts over everyone though. Even when they try to be tough it doesn't matter and he ignores them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That's not a new thing though about being deferential towards to office of the president even if the president is fuller than a Christmas turkey. I mean when Nixon resigned there was the analysis by cbs which I've seen and Cronkite and dan rather were trying not to pile on Nixon(cbs had told them not to) but roger mudd had been on holiday(he hadn't heard the directive anyway for some reason) and he tore strips out of Nixon.

• Advertisement

He just shouts over everyone though. Even when they try to be tough it doesn't matter and he ignores them.

Nah. Every single time they shut up. You have to be like Andrew Neil or Vincent Browne in these situations. Be utterly vicious and say things that will wind the hell out of him.

"Deferential" nonsense is a huge part of the problem. There's been such a massive systemic failing of US journalism in this sort of setting. Absolutely useless.

"Deference" = enabling fascism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

no point in shouting when the microphone is cut though. they should be hammering him with the same questions over and over until he gives some semblance of an answer.

no point in shouting when the microphone is cut though. they should be hammering him with the same questions over and over until he gives some semblance of an answer.
    Yes there is. You attack, attack, attack, you intimidate him like he deliberately tries to intimidate literally everybody.

The bully doesn't like it when people fight back.

The content of the question is what counts

Should be incisive and rhetorical to an extent, shouting match doesn't work with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Trump’s popular because there's huge Christian demographics, and the right have collectively realised better to have a tough leader rather than a democrat.

The left side of things are gone very silent.
    The usual people who are more strong willed and let's say maybe lacking the amygdala function which makes them less fearful and they're not triggered by fear or emotions.

The likes of nurses, doctors, firemen, soldiers and other people on the front line who can switch off the emotions and function in a hostile environment.
    They're the type of people who people want in the front line, not liberals who are into red tape all gentle and unable to make quick decisions.
    Like bunny rabbits in head lights.

Say imagine if we were at war and Ireland was attacked on the Atlantic front, I'd have no problem with learning to use a gun and peppering ever god dam invader coming over the sand dunes.
    Because one way or the other if they're attacking people indiscriminately they're going to kill me, my family or friends.

Now a Liberal will either run or try to be all peaceful and think a terrorist or invader will capitulate to a hand shake, am nooo wayyy

While a person who's able to be a person of principle will stand and fight for the people and country. A Liberal will only fight with their own people and more than likely be a traitor, and go against their kin, you're not going to be hearing much from the SJW's after all this.
    Because they'll vanish out of fear stress and go backwards while the strong men and women will pick up the pieces.

All the youtube clips coming recommend by ordinary people telling people that they should stay at home are hard men, alpha men, men of leadership and empathy for their friends and family.

There's no lefties posting videos and adding a bit of humour to keep us all going, or the usual celebs who are so called Liberals and republican haters who've done nothing only the odd person trying to get one over on trump behind a TV screen or a tabloid, twitter whatever.

Mostly right wingers, working class men and women, solid people who have a pair of balls to maybe be unpopular for the right reasons, making tough decisions, no doubt it'll be hard decisions.

Trump isn't very popular and at times I think he's funny and he can say silly things, get mixed up etc

But he doesn't give a toss what someone with purple hair and keyboard warriors think.

An aul guy I know down the road could be considered a racist, misogynist, ignorant and a bigoted homophobe.
    But I guarantee that if anyone was stuck on the road, emotionally trodden or needed a helping hand, he'd help anyone.
    He'd start an engine for the gay in the village, drink pints with the pink haired social justice warrior, but because he's old school such people don't understand him. And the lefties and liberals laugh at ignorance and lack understanding.

Hatred is a grey area, people like trump are forgiving and hold out olive branches.
    He can't do everything at the drop of a hat.
    There's a lot of red tape and people pulling strings in politics.

The people who support Trump will vote a republican in the next time, there's a huge amount of red supporters in the USA.

The Christian demographics are huge, they're mostly republican.

America are all for leading the world, we all have American influences in our lives.

Imagine a nation full of liberals and social justice warriors, it would implode because these loonies will turn on each other.
    Most are addicts and flakes anyhow.

Nature never forgives, the Alpha male and female will prevail in crisis because they're willing to put their lives on the line,and make unpopular decisions.

Jayzee. wrote: »
    The content of the question is what counts

Should be incisive and rhetorical to an extent, shouting match doesn't work with him

Debating a fascist doesn't work. The fascist is never there in good faith, they are only there to shout over you and destroy you.

Trump is never there in good faith.

That's why the networks really should pull the plug on this utter ****show.

They won't though, because ratings. People watch it in the same way they watch decapitation videos online.

It's a perfect free market dystopian nightmare spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

nthclare wrote: »
    Trump’s popular because there's huge Christian demographics, and the right have collectively realised better to have a tough leader rather than a democrat.

The left side of things are gone very silent.
    The usual people who are more strong willed and let's say maybe lacking the amygdala function which makes them less fearful and they're not triggered by fear or emotions.

The likes of nurses, doctors, firemen, soldiers and other people on the front line who can switch off the emotions and function in a hostile environment.
    They're the type of people who people want in the front line, not liberals who are into red tape all gentle and unable to make quick decisions.
    Like bunny rabbits in head lights.

Say imagine if we were at war and Ireland was attacked on the Atlantic front, I'd have no problem with learning to use a gun and peppering ever god dam invader coming over the sand dunes.
    Because one way or the other if they're attacking people indiscriminately they're going to kill me, my family or friends.

Now a Liberal will either run or try to be all peaceful and think a terrorist or invader will capitulate to a hand shake, am nooo wayyy

While a person who's able to be a person of principle will stand and fight for the people and country. A Liberal will only fight with their own people and more than likely be a traitor, and go against their kin, you're not going to be hearing much from the SJW's after all this.
    Because they'll vanish out of fear stress and go backwards while the strong men and women will pick up the pieces.

All the youtube clips coming recommend by ordinary people telling people that they should stay at home are hard men, alpha men, men of leadership and empathy for their friends and family.

There's no lefties posting videos and adding a bit of humour to keep us all going, or the usual celebs who are so called Liberals and republican haters who've done nothing only the odd person trying to get one over on trump behind a TV screen or a tabloid, twitter whatever.

Mostly right wingers, working class men and women, solid people who have a pair of balls to maybe be unpopular for the right reasons, making tough decisions, no doubt it'll be hard decisions.

Trump isn't very popular and at times I think he's funny and he can say silly things, get mixed up etc

But he doesn't give a toss what someone with purple hair and keyboard warriors think.

An aul guy I know down the road could be considered a racist, misogynist, ignorant and a bigoted homophobe.
    But I guarantee that if anyone was stuck on the road, emotionally trodden or needed a helping hand, he'd help anyone.
    He'd start an engine for the gay in the village, drink pints with the pink haired social justice warrior, but because he's old school such people don't understand him. And the lefties and liberals laugh at ignorance and lack understanding.

Hatred is a grey area, people like trump are forgiving and hold out olive branches.
    He can't do everything at the drop of a hat.
    There's a lot of red tape and people pulling strings in politics.

The people who support Trump will vote a republican in the next time, there's a huge amount of red supporters in the USA.

The Christian demographics are huge, they're mostly republican.

America are all for leading the world, we all have American influences in our lives.

Imagine a nation full of liberals and social justice warriors, it would implode because these loonies will turn on each other.
    Most are addicts and flakes anyhow.

Nature never forgives, the Alpha male and female will prevail in crisis because they're willing to put their lives on the line,and make unpopular decisions.

This is a whole lot of nonsense.

You say Trump is forgiving and hands out olive branches? That's ridiculous. The man is so pretty and thin skinned that he tried to bully Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old at the time, because she won an award and he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Every single reporter should be tearing into him like a rottweiler, talking over him, and following up with hostile questions.

You think reporters should talk over the President of the United States?

I wonder would you feel the same if some Fox News reporter had done that to Obama at say the following presser re: Swine Flu?

I'm thinking not.

By the way, note how Obama says at the beginning (the date was April 27th, 2009 I believe) that while the emerging cases of Swine flu were concerning they were "not a cause for alarm". Well, 12 months later over 12,500 people were dead from it.

Now, just to be clear, I'm not having a go at Obama here, as like I said, I feel our leaders do their best in situations like this, including our own, and I feel it's cheap to use such things as a way of having a go at them, just because we don't ordinarily like them or their politics. No, the reason I reference what he said there is to make the point that no leader is perfect when it comes to what they say at these pressers. They're walking a thin line between informing the public of just how bad things could potentially get, while also trying to make sure not to instill panic, but you can be full sure had Donald Trump said that exact same quote when there was only 15 cases detected "He said there was no cause for alarm!!" would have been retweeted and repeated a million times over by now, sadly.

You think reporters should talk over the President of the United States?

I wonder would you feel the same if some Fox News reporter had done that to Obama at say the following presser re: Swine Flu?

The criticism is that Trump NEVER answers a question unless it's easy or positive for him. I the incident this evening the reporter only repeated HIS OWN words to him and he went on a mad one.

Honestly Pete, give it over at this stage. It's insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Midlife wrote: »
    Trump ignored the science, went with his gut and that shaped the US response.

Not what Dr. Fauci had to say recently, as MM already pointed out:
    f2.png
    Korea had their first case on the same day as the US. A couple of days ago they were down to 91 new cases.

By that logic the leaders of any country that doesn't do as well as South Korea somehow made the wrong choices. Ironically, a very unscientific view.
    I'm just wondering how much longer the absolute diehards like Pete can keep spinning this as not a mess up from Trump.

No spin needed. Just posting what's true in response to what's not. As ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement