Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I see Cuomo saying there earlier that ventilators have gone from 20,000 to 50,000 dollars (i had no idea they cost this much) and he says it's due to states and federal government all competing for same supplies from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah and incredibly the states are actually competing with each other as well as other nations on the open market.

Capitalism in action.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Water John wrote: »
    The notion he floated yesterday of stock being hoarded is abhorrent. Why can't he do, one press conf without dumping on someone?

His style is to create enemies for his supporters to focus o. If he's fighting the enemies he can't be all that bad, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭eire4

Yeah and incredibly the states are actually competing with each other as well as other nations on the open market.

Capitalism in action.

Disaster capitalism at its most pure.

I totally agree with the Spanish foreign minister whom I saw talking about how this crisis showed that there were certain things in the world today that needed to not be about one country v another or anything else along those lines but needed to be dealt with co-operatively on a world scale. Pandemics and climate change being 2 things she mentioned. Sadly I do not see that happening and the result is more death and poverty as a direct result of the mixture of greed, ignorance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I usually head to bed around 9.30 due to being swamped in work/long days but I'm finding myself staying up later just to watch Trumps pressers. It's car crash T.V at it's finest until you remember that this is actually the real POTUS and not a SNL skit.

It'd be far better if he'd just send Fauci out there to deal with the press. Or even Pence and Fauci. If he made himself invisible it'd be better for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭looksee

But this isn't about informing the press or serving the people, its about his hour in the limelight. Coronavirus is a gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,619 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It'd be far better if he'd just send Fauci out there to deal with the press. Or even Pence and Fauci. If he made himself invisible it'd be better for everyone.

Except him. And that, at the end of the day, is what is is all about.

His ratings, his poll numbers and of course blaming everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

duploelabs wrote: »
    At this stage, I'm not sure if he knows the difference between viewer figures and approval ratings

That's because it's all just one big reality TV show to him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Except him. And that, at the end of the day, is what is is all about.

His ratings, his poll numbers and of course blaming everyone else.

Exactly, and why for the same reason he's insisting the Stimulus cheques being sent out to people have his signature on them.

Normally payments from the Federal Government would be signed by some Civil Service functionary but Trump wants people to see his name on the cheque so they think it's from him.

It's all about the optics for his re-election campaign , not getting them the money ASAP..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭blackcard

It will be interesting to see how many of the speakers congratulate Trump on the great job he is doing

• Advertisement

Sounding good tonight IMO, seems at least bought into the threat of the virus now. Felt the same thing happened with Boris, he had a turning point where he realised how serious this thing is. The models they are getting shown must be awful to look at.

And some good news with that 5min testing equipment. And the sterilisation piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So his story is that he'll save a million lives, not the 100,000s that will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I suspect it may eventually come out that Fauci is smarming after Trump - he really gets it etc - in order to keep his job for the good of the country. Not because he is a toady, but because if Trump takes exception to him and throws him out he could give the job to an intern or the guy who cleans the windows. I don't blame him at all, but it can't be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Fauci and Brix will do what it needs to save lives. That's the lens one has to use.
    Just switched back to CNN, are they cutting out the CEO parade and going back for questions?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I thought this morning that the USA would, in two days time, have more deaths due to corona than died in 9/11.

It looks like they will surpass that by the end of the day :(

This moron must be stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

looksee wrote: »
    I suspect it may eventually come out that Fauci is smarming after Trump - he really gets it etc - in order to keep his job for the good of the country. Not because he is a toady, but because if Trump takes exception to him and throws him out he could give the job to an intern or the guy who cleans the windows. I don't blame him at all, but it can't be easy.
    Fauci and Brix will do what it needs to save lives. That's the lens one has to use.

That's the unfortunate reality these experts are facing. Trump is an amoral cretin with a skin as slim as a rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I'd really hate to be one of those guys who said the elderly should be prepared to die for the economy, now that Trump has changed his mind about that. Can you imagine being so obsequious that you'd go out and say that, and then just be left high and dry.

Did he just say the population of Seoul is 30ish million? Or what did he say there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Yip, 38 million. Its 9.7 million.

He preceeded it by saying he knows more about Seoul than anyone.

Felt a bit sad when they filmed him walking off, maybe the quarantine is getting to me, but to be so ignorant on so many things and have to speak in front of people like that must be awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I usually head to bed around 9.30 due to being swamped in work/long days but I'm finding myself staying up later just to watch Trumps pressers. It's car crash T.V at it's finest until you remember that this is actually the real POTUS and not a SNL skit.

Here's todays. It's just ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ufQUAq9kY

---

He left on a "appreciate me more" rant.

blackcard wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how many of the speakers congratulate Trump on the great job he is doing

First speaker, unsure of his name (Steve something), congratulated Trump and Pence on their leadership.

And has now gone on a whole pro-capitalist speech re the new tests.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Felt a bit sad when they filmed him walking off, maybe the quarantine is getting to me, but to be so ignorant on so many things and have to speak in front of people like that must be awful.

Snap out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Hilarious to see how anti Trump CNN is and how pro Trump Fox News is.

America is such a mess of a country led by a mess of a president and a mess of a biased media.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I thought this morning that the USA would, in two days time, have more deaths due to corona than died in 9/11.

It looks like they will surpass that by the end of the day :(

This moron must be stopped!

His dressing up keeping deaths below 100k or 200k as a potential win...
    And its being left hang out there by the White House Press corps rather than their taking every opportunity to repeat his own words back at him.
    To use his own oblivious blundering narcissism to eviscerate him is shameful.

A free press is a strong and necessary arm of a healthy democracy.
    That Trump gets to label any dissent as "false news" or "MSM lies" undermines one of the core values of any democracy.

The powerful must be held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

He took two questions in a row that asked him serious questions (But fair ones).

He lambasted the journalists, and then sulked and walked away. How very presidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The OAN questions at these press conferences are adding an extra level of farce

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

So his story is that he'll save a million lives, not the 100,000s that will die.

Nobody is even meant to still have it at this stage...like a miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

OAN shouldn't be allowed a TV licence, they are like the gateway pundit of cable news.

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    He took two questions in a row that asked him serious questions (But fair ones).

He lambasted the journalists, and then sulked and walked away. How very presidential.

"I can cause panic... much better than even you... I can do much... I woudl make you look like a minor league player... but you know what, I don't want to do that. I want to have our country be calm and strong and fight and win... It will go away [aggressively points at journalist]... and it is incredible, the job, that all these people are doing..."

All because a journalist asked him about his statements he made, and that he shouldn't ask a "nasty and snarky question".

It has to be nearly over, this waking nightmare.

---

Still peddling the missing equipment line in NY.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement