Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is he the full quid?

Nope, my moneys on syphilis

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also,Donald trump didn't create this virus obviously and no world leaders can be blamed for it's creation but what they will be held responsible for is the way in which they tried to deal with its spread and Donald trump is doing a disastrous job of solving this.

I'm reading quotes from his press rambling last night and he blames the Obama administration for the testing issues which is funny because how can you blame a president for a test that didn't exist three months ago never mind three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I do like how Fauci shut down the rabble during a Fox and friends interview

“That was not a very robust study,” replied Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force. He also pointed out that while there’s still a possibility of a “beneficial effect,” the scale and strength of the evidence is not “overwhelmingly strong.”

“But getting back to what you said just a moment ago that ‘X percent’—I think you said 37 percent—of doctors feel that it’s beneficial. We don’t operate on how you feel. We operate on what evidence is, and data is,” he continued. “So although there is some suggestion with the study that was just mentioned by Dr. Oz—granted that there is a suggestion that there is a benefit there—I think we’ve got to be careful that we don’t make that majestic leap to assume that this is a knockout drug.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-fauci-shuts-down-fox-and-friends-on-coronavirus-cure-says-we-dont-operate-on-how-you-feel

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You know when you see a graph that wildly makes you raise your eyebrows at Trumps current predicament.

This has to be it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThingsWork/status/1246150462073536512

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Trump is firing the intelligence community inspector general who flagged the Ukraine whistleblower complaint according to NBC news. So you get fired for doing the right thing in this administration but that's nothing new.

Now now! I'm sure some trump follower will be by to tell us how he was right in doing so, something about a letter being sent to someone who he shouldn't have and there was zero malice in the action.

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

everlast75 wrote: »
    Now now! I'm sure some trump follower will be by to tell us how he was right in doing so, something about a letter being sent to someone who he shouldn't have and there was zero malice in the action.

FFS.

Oh don't worry they'll find a way like they always do. Trump's digital character assassination squad are experts in it. See the current online attacks on captain Crozier as an example. A man who saved possibly 100s of his own crew from coronavirus infection by blowing the whistle on how the Navy were leaving a nuclear submarine with a pandemic outbreak on board completely on their own and not allowed to dock. Apparently, according to the Trump fanatics he is now a traitor who is a national security threat and should face trial for treason because he aided the Chinese in letting them know a nuclear submarine was essentially non operational.

The mental gymnastics these people go through to defend the current administration is admirable to a certain degree, regarding cult like loyalty, but still very much a sickening indictment of just how far gone America is.

I still remember G.W Bush being considered the worst president in American history. He's looking more and more like JFK every passing day of this shambles of a presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I don't understand the premise, his handling of this has clearly already been a failure, it's damage limitation at this point. There is no scenario left to play out that can be deemed a success given it is already damage control.

The success for Trump in all this will be any number lower than 2.2mln dead.
    Every "mitigation" is being labelled as a presidential instruction rather than best scientific advice.

Even when that advice is to wear a mask when in public, Trump knows better.

The US and Trump in particular have made a complete balls of this, that Trump then pointed the finger at the UK for how poorly they handled it?
    Is laughable, the US response was far worse and at least the UK have an organised and integrated response.

Trump is harping on comparing the 100-240k dead as some kind of victory versus the 2.5million projected should the distancing measures be halted on 12/4.

The US had their 1st case of community transmission in late January.
    The tone for how the individual states approached this crisis was set by Trump.
    Look at how some of the red states are still approaching this crisis, it is an incipient disaster.

The US had one of the best epidemic response strategies in the world.
    Dismantled and eviscerated under Trump.
    That treatment of the CDC and pandemic response set a bar for every other state health system.

The buck stops with Don, yet he has already disavowed all responsibility.
    He is being painted as the saviour, when in reality he is the harbinger of death for what is already far too many Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do you know what?

I'm already revolted by the apologies that have yet to be even uttered by trump supporters about their decision to follow this man, when they finally do come.

The amount of red lines they gladly ignored and stepped over throughout his presidency.

The pig headedness shown in rationalizing his outrageous behaviour.

The willingness to overlook his gross incompetence.

They were ****ing warned before he took power.

He showed us his true form, and yet they still followed him.

They can keep their ****ing apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Field east

signostic wrote: »
    Stormy?

I liked the way he was able to show how ‘ curvaceous ‘Stormy is . He just cannot help himself - I suppose he knows that he can ‘get away with it’ . I’m sure Stormy was chuffed with his ability to show the public why she is such a marvelous model!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I know we’re not allowed link dump but this is really worth watching. This is why they are where they are. I mean doesn’t trump watch this all day?

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1246146713523453957?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    ?

Are you talking abt Dr Fauci or Trump?

Donald John Trump, commander in chief.

I'm sorry, I thought I'd quoted the post I was responding to. I can see where the confusion could occur

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Runaways wrote: »
    I know we’re not allowed link dump but this is really worth watching. This is why they are where they are. I mean doesn’t trump watch this all day?

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/1246146713523453957?s=21

The Fairness Doctrine. When you watch this kind of narrative, remember this started with a conscious, deliberate decision to erode and corrupt the concept of News Media. BothSide'ists might point at CNN as having a boner for chasing Trump's incompetencies, but it's degrees of malice compared with the knowing malignancy that is Fox and its adjacent spheres. One thing's for sure, none of those quoted folk will catch this virus and if they do - you can bet they'll be at the front of the queue, demanding attention and sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This is a good critique of the whole Trump response to the pandemic. I'm putting it here for the record. Sets out in sobering detail, why Trump will have many lives on his hands.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/04/trump-coronavirus-science-analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

listermint wrote: »
    You know when you see a graph that wildly makes you raise your eyebrows at Trumps current predicament.

This has to be it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThingsWork/status/1246150462073536512

You sure that isn’t something to do with Space Force?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,679 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Trump is firing the intelligence community inspector general who flagged the Ukraine whistleblower complaint according to NBC news. So you get fired for doing the right thing in this administration but that's nothing new.

Another brick out of the wall of accountability. Hopefully the present management team in the Senate don't get to utilizing the virus to shut down sittings, even video-linked sittings, to take out another brick. The GOP is trying to insist that people turn up at voting centres in Wisconsin in 3 days time, after a federal judge ruled in favour of a delay of a week [13th April] to the polling date to allow for the extra public surge in postal ballot papers requests proceed giving the ballots a chance to reach the clerks running the centres.

The surge seems to be a move by the public to avoid queueing at the centres like the queues at voting centres last month, they keeping with the policy of social spacing against the wishes of the GOP people trying to get the extension overturned and make people turn up on the GOP's chosen day or lose their vote regardless of the public health issue crippling the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Water John wrote: »
    This is a good critique of the whole Trump response to the pandemic. I'm putting it here for the record. Sets out in sobering detail, why Trump will have many lives on his hands.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/04/trump-coronavirus-science-analysis

He and his ilk will not care.
    Not until a few people in the golden circle start getting the virus and dying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

He and his ilk will not care.
    Not until a few people in the golden circle start getting the virus and dying

He will not care unless he or his kids get it. No one else matters

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He will not care unless he or his kids get it. No one else matters

He will only care if Barron, Melania or Don Jr get it, Eric and Tiffany he couldn't give 2 hoots about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

VinLieger wrote: »
    He will only care if Barron, Melania or Don Jr get it, Eric and Tiffany he couldn't give 2 hoots about
    Nah he'd care; simply think what great viewings numbers and amount of attention he'd get from all the well wishers and then once they are cured (as they are not in the risk group) he can brag about how great the healthcare is under his reign...

• Advertisement

. The mental gymnastics these people go through to defend the current administration is admirable to a certain degree, regarding cult like loyalty, but still very much a sickening indictment of just how far gone America is.

I still remember G.W Bush being considered the worst president in American history. He's looking more and more like JFK every passing day of this shambles of a presidency.

I know the Roosevelt is still a US Navy vessel and it has a crew [regardless of numbers] inflicted by the virus but its a CVN, not a Sub. Not to worry, it probably has a sub nearby as part of its defence ring. I wish the skippers of it and the USS Ronald Reagan a fair wind in respect of their crews health.

Re presidential standards, any president would likely stand tall against Don's presidential record. With only 1 democrat as a runner on his dislike list, there's more GOP presidents on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

1,321 people lost there lives in 24hrs in the US due to COVID. Meanwhile at the COVID task force briefing:
    THE PRESIDENT:  And, by the way, the models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die.  You know what I want to do?  I want to come away under the models.  The professionals did the models.  I was never involved in a model, but — at least, this kind of a model.

And someome had to put it up here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-18/

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    1,321 people lost there lives in 24hrs in the US due to COVID. Meanwhile at the COVID task force briefing:

And someome had to put it up here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-18/

Yikes.

Other gems include:
    Q But — but do you think every state in this country should be prepared for mail-in voting in case we’re in a situation —

THE PRESIDENT: No, because I think a lot of people cheat with mail-in voting. I think people should vote with ID — voter ID. I think voter ID is very important. And the reason they don’t want voter ID is because they intend to cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Since IT and network security were mentioned earlier in the thread, has there been any more news on the earn it bill? Are there any other ropey bills trying to fly under the radar at the moment?

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Yikes.

He's still not accepting the essential fact that the virus only gets/got around the world by using humans as hosts and when they meet and greet, it transfers from one to the other at that point, total klutz.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The biggest issue is the fact that there are differing messages coming from the White House. There should not be any daylight between the president and Dr Fauci and that side on what the American People need to do but unfortunately there are substantial differences. I can understand why there is a non uniform response across the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Opinion seems to be shifting a bit

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491030-poll-majority-disapprove-of-trump-on-coronavirus?amp#click=https://t.co/WByXwhBaYY

From 55% approval of Trumps covid approach 2 weeks ago to 52% disapproval.

Didnt take long for the rally around the flag bounce to start slipping

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Opinion seems to be shifting a bit

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491030-poll-majority-disapprove-of-trump-on-coronavirus?amp#click=https://t.co/WByXwhBaYY

From 55% approval of Trumps covid approach 2 weeks ago to 52% disapproval.

Didnt take long for the rally around the flag bounce to start slipping

Biden really needs to be doing ad buys hammering Trump's response to this, before Trump has a chance for his revisionist history version to take hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

4 years to plan... and the best they can get is Biden.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

4 years to plan... and the best they can get is Biden.....

It's a free country. Anyone can run for President. Who is "they?"
    Even massively unqualified liked the #IMPOTUS can run. Was he 'planned?'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement