Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Biden really needs to be doing ad buys hammering Trump's response to this, before Trump has a chance for his revisionist history version to take hold.

Can you imagine how much the Republicans would be going to town on this if it was a Democrat president in charge now?

The Irish journalist Marion McKeon had a line that stuck with me a few months back about how Democrats consistently fail to attack Reoublicans like they should.

"They aren't bringing a knife to a gunfight, they're bringing...a flower".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Can you imagine how much the Republicans would be going to town on this if it was a Democrat president in charge now?

The Irish journalist Marion McKeon had a line that stuck with me a few months back about how Democrats consistently fail to attack Reoublicans like they should.

"When they go low, we go high" should be shot dead and then burnt to crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    1,321 people lost there lives in 24hrs in the US due to COVID. Meanwhile at the COVID task force briefing:

And someome had to put it up here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-18/

Yikes.

I see everyone jumping on the model part, which is just standard buffoonery from him, the line after is even more damning imo. "I want much less than that. I want none, but it’s too late for that. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

This crisis of course was mismanaged, but you could the say the same about anything Trump has done, "if Obama did it..." there would be a new Tea Party type movement if not an armed insurrection. I can imagine in 40 years, those same deplorables rewriting history about Trump the same way Mao is now in China as a great leader he never was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I see everyone jumping on the model part, which is just standard buffoonery from him, the line after is even more damning imo. "I want much less than that. I want none, but it’s too late for that. "

Why more damming. Probably the only accurate thing he said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Igotadose wrote: »
    It's a free country. Anyone can run for President. Who is "they?"
    Even massively unqualified liked the #IMPOTUS can run. Was he 'planned?'

The Democratic Party really closed ranks to stop Bernie... Biden was dead in the water....that’s the “they” amongst others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Daily Presser now on...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Another Don quote from his election rally past, circa 06/10/2016, which showed his "quip" mind back then. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/oct/06/donald-trump-urges-terminally-ill-voters-to-hang-on-until-election-video

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Wtf he sounds like he's making **** up as he's going along

Wtf he sounds like he's making **** up as he's going along

He says stuff, then tags on "maybe that's true, maybe that's false". You couldn't make this up.

• Advertisement

He's pushing Chloroquine and an open door policy again while talking about how contagious the virus is. Its time for his party to remove him , depose him whatever and stop him killing his fellow citizens through his ignorant behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

aloyisious wrote: »
    He's pushing Chloroquine and an open door policy again while talking about how contagious the virus is. Its time for his party to remove him , depose him whatever and stop him killing his fellow citizens through his ignorant behaviour.

WTF is chloroquine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Off his nut, pushing hydroxychloroquine which has no clinical basis as as a treatment against this virus. He is clutching badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Donald loves his Chloroquine! Just waiting for a woman to ask a question now and he will go to town lol

What is a fake whistleblower? Is it similar to a hoax whistleblower? haha

Can Trump not stand still when Birx is speaking, whats' wrong with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

lol "biden is not even watching this now and if he was he wouldn't understand"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Aidric wrote: »
    Off his nut, pushing hydroxychloroquine which has no clinical basis as as a treatment against this virus. He is clutching badly.

And you'd think after the tragedy of that couple taking chloroquine (the husband dying, the wife critically ill) out of panicky belief in Trump's previous assertions, he'd have been told to STFU about it. Does make one wonder if after he steps down from the office if he'll be hit by some civil suits for peddling false cures. It's disgraceful ineptitude and endangerment. Not to mention causing runs on the medicine, a problem for actual patients needing the drug.

WTF is chloroquine

Its an anti-malarial drug. Think of quinine as used in Gin and Tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

It must be difficult for the two Doctors to keep a straight face when the Don starts giving a medical lecture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

He now is going religious has the man any shame

• Registered Users Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

As I said before, because of Trump's false proclamations that it's a cure, Lupus sufferers can't access their essential medicine as it's been brought out.
    Now please tell me how his words have no meaning Maniac [\Condescending wonka]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This preser is getting more unhinged by the minute.

Dr Trump now giving medical advice...

I really wish the doctors present would speak up when he starts on the medical advice.

And am I reading it wrong but is his issue with giving out ventilators that its a waste of money because your chances are so slim? Or is there a link to an article I can read to why he takes such umbrage to NY needs surrounding ventilators?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭Cody montana

How’s it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

'Some States are testing when you land. Doing very strong tests'. Trump WTF?
    It's called a thermometer.

How’s it going?

Better to ask ''hows things in Crazytown''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Maybe he needs a "cure" to assuage people, so they go "ah sure I took the stuff, back to work or me" so can keep his precious stock numbers high for the election. He needs to be seen as the man doing something solid, coming up with a cure: all this social distancing and restrictions arent good enough for the optics of him being a "man of action" he wishes he was.

But cynic/conspiracy theorist in me would say; dig around the trading of the largest HydCloro manufacturers stocks around the time Donny found out it might be a cure. Either him, Trump Inc or some buddies of his would probably feature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement