Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Did Trump spend 2.5 hours in his press conf today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Also the republicans are so good at voter suppression... I think that will kill Bidens chances

It's hard to decipher whether you are praising and like the idea of the GOP destroying the freedom of U.S citizens to choose their president or whether you are accusing the GOP, as a U.S political party, of actively subverting the U.S constitution and the U.S voters freedom.

Water John wrote: »
    Did Trump spend 2.5 hours in his press conf today?

Possibly. He, and the GOP planners behind the latest version of Trump Admin media briefings, are simply trying to grind down the interest of reporters and the public in the Admin acts and failures by a daily dose of B/S.

Ron Paul is getting in on the B/S act as well claiming that Dr Fauci is trying to tale over control of the U.S by way of his push to suppress the passage of the virus from person to person. Remarkable when his son, Rand Paul, has been diagnosed as a victim of the virus, while dad accuses Dr Fauci of being a fraud. https://www.newsweek.com/rand-pauls-father-wrote-coronavirus-hoax-article-days-before-son-tested-positive-covid-19-1493662

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anti biotics ? It's a virus so they wouldn't work. Anti virals yes but not anti biotics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭I see sheep

fullstop wrote: »

He's from the future and his logic is too advanced for us to understand

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Danzy wrote: »
    Anyone could struggle in that situation, no one without a serious cognitive problem would do in the way he did.

He may well not know why he is on stage with Trump in a debate, it's that serious.

No it isn’t. That’s absolute nonsense.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Is there not some kind of basic intellect or IQ you need to be president. :)

It's so hard to believe what I am seeing. And his staff must be embarrassed. To be so ignorant on so many issues is bad. But to be so ignorant on this very important ongoing issue, with so many opportunities to get up to speed is just ridiculous. Insulting to everyone on his team.

Zero redeeming qualities shown the last few weeks.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Is there not some kind of basic intellect or IQ you need to be president. :)

It's so hard to believe what I am seeing. And his staff must be embarrassed. To be so ignorant on so many issues is bad. But to be so ignorant on this very important ongoing issue, with so many opportunities to get up to speed is just ridiculous. Insulting to everyone on his team.

Zero redeeming qualities shown the last few weeks.

Rabbitting on no-stop is all important when it comes to viewer-approval figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He meant smarter than him, clearly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

banie01 wrote: »
    He meant smarter than him, clearly ;)

He has been wrong on just about everything to do with CV, but of course that doesn't mean he was wrong so it must be that this is the smartest virus ever.

It must be smarter than SARS and H1N1 since they didn't cause the same problems and thus were easier.

Another classic example of Trump blaming something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

I just posted a bit of a sarcastic message in another Trump thread in regards to trumps re election..... But doesn't it make sense to let Trump in office for another4 years ? .... Look what Biden has to deal with if he would get elected in November ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

weisses wrote: »
    I just posted a bit of a sarcastic message in another Trump thread in regards to trumps re election..... But doesn't it make sense to let Trump in office for another4 years ? .... Look what Biden has to deal with if he would get elected in November ? ...

Without in any way shape or form being hyperbolic, the elections in 2024 may be nothing more than a notional idea if there's another 4 years of this **×!$¥.

Look back at 2016, and there were dire forecasts about what he would get up to. People at the time called those who said so over dramatic. Turns out they were spot on.

The country is on a steep downward trajectory. It's awful to think were it might be after 4 more years of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He is destroying the journalists in these briefings and he will destroy Biden in a debate

Hopefully not. He's an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

He is destroying the journalists in these briefings and he will destroy Biden in a debate

I'm sorry, what? I've watched them all. He interrupts many journalists in the middle of their question, goes on a minutes long rant about something unrelated, then moves to something else. If you think that will stand up in a (properly) chaired debate, then you're sorely mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Pedro K wrote: »
    I'm sorry, what? I've watched them all. He interrupts many journalists in the middle of their question, goes on a minutes long rant about something unrelated, then moves to something else. If you think that will stand up in a (properly) chaired debate, then you're sorely mistaken.

And then cuts the journalist off and moves on to the next.

He gives no right to reply or follow up when he doesn't like the question (or the reporter/their agency).

I agree in properly managed debates his way of "debating" will be called out. Or I hope it will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

At least Trump's heart is in the right place.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1248620923248205824

It's hard to get your head around how self-absorbed Trump is, and how anyone can defend him or claim he is some sort of selfless leader doing it for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

kowloon wrote: »
    At least Trump's heart is in the right place.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1248620923248205824

It's hard to get your head around how self-absorbed Trump is, and how anyone can defend him or claim he is some sort of selfless leader doing it for the people.

Never a truer word said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

As far as he’s concerned the press briefings are a TV show and he’s the star.

Thinking about Don and his "it'll be the biggest decision I'll have to make" in respect to re-opening the market, as it'll need opening the shops again for trading, I hope the governors continue to take the initiative and order the shutdown to continue at states levels until the virus is on the back foot. Don can't argue against them with any touch of honesty as he's been on about the states being responsible for fighting the virus at local level.

• Advertisement

He’s trying to save the economy because he knows that since he bungled the response to Coronavirus if he wants to have any chance of reelection he needs a strong economy. He tried to downplay the seriousness of the situation for as long as possible for the same reason. What he doesn’t seem to realise is that recession is inevitable and there’s nothing he can do about it just like he didn’t realise Coronavirus was inevitable. He’s always reacting instead of being proactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

amdublin wrote: »
    And then cuts the journalist off and moves on to the next.

He gives no right to reply or follow up when he doesn't like the question (or the reporter/their agency).

I agree in properly managed debates his way of "debating" will be called out. Or I hope it will!!

You should check out the recent John Oliver piece on that network that he gives lots of question asking opportunities to, OAN. An absolutely disgusting eye opener:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnSILVWDKL8

The bilateral meeting of so many governors looking to the Federal Govt [Don] for funding to help them get out of the mess the virus has landed the states in will probably be put on the back of the Dems holding out on agreeing with the funding plans of Mitch & Co for the private business sector until extra funding is also set out for the states. I've no doubt that Don will point a finger of blame at the hold-outs, saying it's all their fault that things are going to hell in a hand-basket.

A rep from the Fed was on Bloomberg [financial] news last night giving the Feds side of things it's done to date. Mention was made that the interest rate it sets is almost at zero point of interest. Funny thing was that the gent was speaking with a European accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

He really is a fukking idiot...no way of hiding it either.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

While this is from a news source, it seems of import as it claims 16.2 million Americans have applied for unemployment claims, up from both the sets of figures from the Admin [as personified by Don] and federal sources. X amount of those are furloughed workers. There's another probable clash coming up for the Admin, and that's with a triumvirate partnership from within California: the State, L.A County and the RC church there, in respect of families and people who are jobless, undocumented and hungry there.

Adding to that is the seasonal bad weather heading for Louisiana, which will result in loss of homes, meaning families will need temporary rehousing just when the bad effects of the coronavirus [Covid-19] is starting to increase there. Living in close quarters in poor conditions is a boon for the virus chances to pass between humans.

I posted recently about the contradictions between the statements of Don and one of his financial advisors, Peter Navarro, made about the virus outbreak [Pete's leaked Jan memo]. It now seems that Peter Navarro made contradictory statements himself about the effects and power of the virus on the U.S economy and population - when the statements were made either privately [worried] and publicly [not worried]. It must worry the thinking U.S citizen to see that Don and Pete cant play from the same "save the U.S public" script.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gavin Newsom is doing a great job because...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249117097365508097

---

It's so transparent it's frustrating!

I just laugh at him now to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

MadYaker wrote: »
    I just laugh at him now to be honest

But that is the problem. Too many people just laughed at the start, too many thought that at some stage he would become 'presidential'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But that is the problem. Too many people just laughed at the start, too many thought that at some stage he would become 'presidential'.

Too many laughed, yes for sure but in a lot of ways what can you expect? The man was and still is a joke.

Who thought he would become presidential though?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I thought people elected him because he wasn't presidential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement