Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

amdublin wrote: »
    Did you see what he did to that reporter from CNN?? Kaitlan Collins.

Enough!
    And held his finger up at her

Tonight was bizarre. An absolute sh1tshow

Can ya find a clip? I have to see this!

Gbear wrote: »
    He's a soldier in the army of God.

That's literally how these people see the world. There is virtually no depths they won't sink to, because the Democrats are baby-murdering apostates, and whatever he personally thinks of Trump, keeping the Republicans in power is key to creating Gods new kingdom on Earth.

We laugh at the Healy-Rays for being daft, but ultimately powerless amusements, at the fringes of our politics. In the US, they'd be high calibre politicians in charge of a few House and/or Senate committees, or members of the cabinet. And in this cabinet, they'd be seen as some of the best of the lot.

It's easy to forget when you see people like Pence talking like a normal human, and walking around, and not running naked down Pennsylvania Ave. frothing at the mouth, but he, and quite a few other US officials are literally completely insane. Probably more so even than Trump. If anything, it's more insidious because they can essentially pass for normal.

January the 20th will do. Unless Trump wins. Then all bets are off about a lot more than the Supreme Court.

I suppose, I was merely just thinking of a possible confirmation. :)

CNN Desperate for as many people as possible to not listen to Donald..they seem so pathetic and child like as they know they're fighting a losing battle..
    Trump Rocks.. and he is also so up to CNN propaganda and fake news.

Do tell us more.

Have you got anything to contribute outside of soundbites?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm watching live on tv. In the USA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,627 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1249838528315510789

• Advertisement

I'm watching live on tv. In the USA :(

I don't know which part is what you're sad about...

Oh wait...

:P

---

I switched over, I assumed it was long finished at this stage.

EDIT: Tell me how posted it above.

From the same Press Conference.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1249827976272916482

And this is what CNN did with their chyron during the broadcast. That was after they had cut from it when he was going through his re-election spiel.

https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/status/1249827745938505730

Although, to be fair, everyone watching CNN already has their mind made up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Imo those 4 chyrons are exact accurate depiction of what occurred tonight.

Is it legal to use white house staff to make campaign or propaganda videos???

And this is what CNN did with their chyron during the broadcast. That was after they had cut from it when he was going through his re-election spiel.

Although, to be fair, everyone watching CNN already has their mind made up on him.

Until he showed that video it hasn't "technically" been propaganda.

The gloves are off now. The "MSM" has had enough.
    Imo those 4 chyrons are exact accurate depiction of what occurred tonight.

Is it legal to use white house staff to make campaign or propaganda videos???

NOPE!

Gets caught out. Screams fake news. Incredible. Defend that one Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Watching it now. This is incredible. Asked what he did in February. Refuses to answer the question.

You expect him to just list off what they did in Feb??

Here's a list:

Feb.png

We know what the democrats were doing in February too. Nancy was ripping up the SOTU address (in which Trump spoke of the administration's plans to tackle the Coronavirus) and also begging people to come to Chinatown. Joe was focused on how xenophobic Trump's travel restrictions were but good to hear that he has apparently apologised.

Trump was awesome with this (mostly) hacks tonight masquerading as journalists. They've been (as I said earlier yesterday on the thread) just using this crisis as a way to bring down Trump. Which is what made it rich when one of them suggested the pushback clip compilation was akin to a campaign video.
    Nit picking at every turn and 99% of their questions have been attempts to divide the team than anything else. The gall of these "reporters" whose networks have have done nothing but lie about the President in a clear and concerted effort to damage his chances in November.

Fauci was amazing also. Didn't take their bs for a second. These people have been lying about him from the start also. Saying he was muzzled early on and tonight suggesting he was being put up to say what he did re mitigation efforts. They have no shame. Chastising rather than asking legitimate questions. "Poor Fauci" as so many on the left obnoxiously called him, suggesting he wasn't being let do his job. Well, tonight he made it clear that that particular narrative emanating from the left is nonsense, much like all the rest.

So you don't think Fauci is a deep state plant there to undermine Trump like your MAGA friends?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Headshot wrote: »
    Its going to be done by video conference

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/supreme-court-to-hear-arguments-over-trump-tax-records-remotely.html

I'm interested in finding out how experts in law see this case going

I was watching oral arguments over in the 9th Circuit last week, they seemed to have the three judges at home, the respondent's counsel in his office, and the plaintiff's was actually in the courtroom, with the court clerk and one or two other officials. It seemed to work reasonably well, barring the rare request by the lead judge to have the respondent speak up a bit, who was, in fairness, a bit soft-spoken.

We'll be able to tap into the live audio feed for the Supreme Court, but they are going to continue their 'no-cameras' policy, the video feed for the teleconference will not be released to us. Still, a new precedent for the Court, normally live audio is not permitted. I'm not sure why they have decided to do it on this occasion.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's remarkable that anyone can think that 99% of negative coverage of Trump is purely down to a political agenda. The amount of things he's done since taking office that would sink most political careers can't even be counted at this stage. He isn't even close to being fit to be a small town mayor, never mind president of the US.

Give it a try sure. List them.

Be interested in reading them.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Are you saying that Dr Fauci carries as much blame as Don for the present virus outbreak situation the U.S finds itself in? If so, do you also include the members of Don's Admin team who have been found to have had current knowledge of the emerging outbreak situation since Dec last? One thing I haven't been able to find is the date Dr Fauci joined/became a member of the presidents advisory group on Covid-19.

You say "as much to blame" as if it's a given that somebody in the States is to blame for the current crisis. The truth is it could have been much worse and so why not ask does Fauci deserve as much credit as Trump?

Afterall, per capita (1m) they have had less deaths than we have had here. As we speak we've had 74 to their 71 but yet I'm not hearing people up in arms at our Government the way they are at Donald.

We';re still waiting to hear about all the great things he's done?

Also, I believe everlast is waiting on some answers for you?

• Trump says there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville
    • Trump implied Frederick Douglass is alive
    • Trump appears to reject a handshake with German Chancellor Angela Merkel
    • Melania Trump swats her husband's hand away
    • Trump pushes prime minister of Montenegro aside
    • Trump tells French first lady Brigitte Macron that she's in "such good shape"
    • Trump tosses paper towels into a crowd of hurricane survivors in Puerto Rico
    • Trump tells children "you have no weight problems," as he hands them Halloween candy at the White House
    • Trump supported an accused child molester.
    • Trump pardoned a soldier who was implicated in war crimes
    • Trump says he takes no responsibility for the US response to Covid-19
    • Trump suggested people take unproven medications as treatment for Covid-19
    • Trump made a joke about dating models in the same sentence when talking about 1-2 hundred thousand Americans dying.

Not to mention how many times he has claimed to know more about things than experts in that area.

• ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
    • Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
    • Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
    • Lawsuits: "Who knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
    • Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."
    • The visa system: "Nobody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
    • Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
    • The U.S. government system: "Nobody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)
    • Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
    • Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
    • Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
    • Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
    • Infrastructure: "Look, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
    • Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)
    • Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."
    • Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)
    • Construction: "Nobody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
    • The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
    • Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
    • Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
    • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

Now, why don't you list some things he has done which are praiseworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've given up arguing at this stage with Trump supporters.

They are the equivalent of flat earthers.

Every time you present them with indisputable facts, they pivot and argue a tangential point.

To be honest with you, I admire the resolve of flat earthers more than Trump supporters, as the latter will stay quiet when there is an argument they know they can't win and only resurface when it suits. Flat earthers have to be on it, 24/7 - that's commitment!

Ironically, given the current lockdown, I have more time online to argue if I were so inclined, but I've realised there will be no "gotcha" moment with anyone who remains a supporter of his. They are so far down a rabbit hole there is no way out. If they haven't smelled the coffee after 3.5 years, it isn't going to happen in the next 6 months.

Dealing with Fauci for example. It is clear to everyone that he is a man walking a line, straining to say the right thing so that he isn't fired. But no, that's not what Trump supporters see. It is all the media's fault.

The man clearly cannot speak his mind. Trump fires anyone that disagrees with him or makes him look bad. There are dozens of examples. But that context is absent from any analyses of what's going on. Trump good - media bad. It's literally that simplistic to them.

The role of U.S. president is one which will place you under tremendous pressure and can make the man. On a lesser scale, even the role of Governor in a time of crisis has earned Cuomo praise from those that didn't like him before.

But for Trump, he will be remembered as the man, who when placed in the crucible, instead of being forged into a great man, a true leader, was instead shown when the thin veneer cracked to be an utter coward, an ignoramus, a brute, a bully and someone who relied on bluffing instead of hardwork all through his life.

When he does fall, they will make excuses for him, blame the media, blame the Dem party in general, blame China, blame Obama, blame the Governors, blame voters, blame Hillary, blame Mexico, blame the newspapers, blame voters.

Sure didn't they learn that from 45 himself, Mr. "I take no responsibility" Trump?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Now why did Trump retweet someone suggesting that Fauci be fired?

To highlight that DeAnna was only calling for Fauci to be fired as a result of what was a FAKE NEWS story !!!

Hence Trump saying "Sorry fake news, it's all on tape" - can't believe people are struggling with this.

Fauci gave an interview to Tapper on Sunday and right after it the liberal media all started to report in unison that Fauci had said that if Trump had listened to medical experts earlier, more lives would have been saved. DeAnna repeated that bs in her tweet:

https://twitter.com/deanna4congress/status/1249457858686656512

So Trump quoted her and said "Sorry, fake news.." given that it's clear from the interview (which is "all on tape) that Fauci never said anything of the sort.

I think the issue is that some people are just so blinded by their hatred of Trump that they can't be objective about anything he says or does, and can only ever see and think the worst of him with regards to his intent and motives.

For Trump to have quote retweeted DeAnna as a show of support in her call for Fauci to be fired, that would mean that Trump would therefore have to also believe that Fauci had said what the media were claiming he did, but why would Trump do that? Only those blinded by anti-Trump bias could possibly watch that interview and think Fauci was being critical of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Wow, Trump going into full on meltdown. When was the last time you saw a political leader so unhinged.

He should employ Pete to defend him because he's really bad at doing it himself.

That female reporter was excellent. Pressed him and made him look like a clown to the world.

It's an interesting dynamic. He wishes he didn't have to do these briefings but he has no other way to communicate with the electorate.

He's handling them terribly though.

I'm sure he's investigated if he can just kick everyone except fox and OAN out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Here's a list:

We know what the democrats were doing in February too. Nancy was ripping up the SOTU address (in which Trump spoke of the administration's plans to tackle the Coronavirus) and also begging people to come to Chinatown. Joe was focused on how xenophobic Trump's travel restrictions were but good to hear that he has apparently apologised.

Trump was awesome with this (mostly) hacks tonight masquerading as journalists. They've been (as I said earlier yesterday on the thread) just using this crisis as a way to bring down Trump. Which is what made it rich when one of them suggested the pushback clip compilation was akin to a campaign video.
    Nit picking at every turn and 99% of their questions have been attempts to divide the team than anything else. The gall of these "reporters" whose networks have have done nothing but lie about the President in a clear and concerted effort to damage his chances in November.

Fauci was amazing also. Didn't take their bs for a second. These people have been lying about him from the start also. Saying he was muzzled early on and tonight suggesting he was being put up to say what he did re mitigation efforts. They have no shame. Chastising rather than asking legitimate questions. "Poor Fauci" as so many on the left obnoxiously called him, suggesting he wasn't being let do his job. Well, tonight he made it clear that that particular narrative emanating from the left is nonsense, much like all the rest.

Here's another list

February 1st: golf

February 2nd: golf

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 10: Trump campaign rally.

February 5th: Democratic Senators propose emergency funding bill to prepare for virus.

February 15: golf

February 19: Trump campaign rally.

February 19: “I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along”

February 20: Trump campaign rally.

February 21: Trump campaign rally.

February 23: “We had 12, at one point. And now they’ve gotten very much better. Many of them are fully recovered”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.” “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.” “We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

WH @PressSec @kayleighmcenany: “We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here, we will not see terrorism come here, and isn’t that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?”

February 26: “The 15 [cases in the US] within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.” “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: Trump campaign rally. “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

February 29th: ”This is their new hoax," he said, referring to the coronavirus.

February 29: “STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus” –U.S. Surgeon General

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

It will take a female reporter to make him look really stupid as he always talks down to them

You say "as much to blame" as if it's a given that somebody in the States is to blame for the current crisis. The truth is it could have been much worse and so why not ask does Fauci deserve as much credit as Trump?

Afterall, per capita (1m) they have had less deaths than we have had here. As we speak we've had 74 to their 71 but yet I'm not hearing people up in arms at our Government the way they are at Donald.

The per capita rate is likely to surpass Ireland this week. Also anyone who didn't get tested and has died isn't included in official figures. So the current numbers are far lower than the reality and won't be realised for months.

He hasn't done anything Outlaw, the measures that have been most effective have been as a result of governors and individual states.

What did you do in February? - we had zero cases in January.

What did you do in February? - The MSM are awful

What did you do in February? - but what about Joe Biden?

What did you do in February? - nobody likes CNN

What did you do in February? - A lot! Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »

But for Trump, he will be remembered as the man, who when placed in the crucible, instead of being forged into a great man, a true leader, was instead shown when the thin veneer cracked to be an utter coward, an ignoramus, a brute, a bully and someone who relied on bluffing instead of hardwork all through his life.

I was reading the Journal.ie this morning, when something sounded a bit familiar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,718 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Posts deleted and sanctions issued. Be civil please and do not use abusive language. This includes comments about political figures.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Here's a list:

Trump does not need to name every step taken. Saying a few things would have been sufficient. Even some generalities about what was going on behind the scenes. Trump managed nothing (maybe the US should not have shipped reagents off before it had a working test BTW from your list there). The next question is why the US fell so far behind on a per capita basis for testing. However since Trump obviously doesn't have a clue what is going on I am not sure there is much point asking him.

The guy has outright stated he should be a dictator at this point and completely dodged clarifying this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Pardon me for pointing out that you, in your [but the point I was making was that it doesn't make sense to suggest (as it was) that Fauci was being diplomatic with the truth and blames Trump for not doing things which he had apparently suggested (such as social distancing etc) when we have the guy on camera at the end of Feb clearly saying that he didn't feel that was necessary at that time.] seem to be saying that Dr Fauci deserves as much blame for the present situation as Don. Re your "diplomatic with the truth" quote, I get your not using the first word used in the usual version of that quote as it could be seen as reflecting on Dr Fauci's character. Re the credit question you asked, I'll leave you to answer that one yourself.

Ref the per capita death numbers between Ireland and the U.S. you raised, in Ireland the head of Govt is NOT claiming responsibility for all the work done by the medics and ancillary services in and out of medical centres as distinct from the way the head of the U.S. Govt has. We see the responsible difference in approach from both heads of Govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So based on his briefings and including last night's one;

As President he has total authority
    ... but no responsibility

The Governors need the Federal Government
    ... but States should be doing everything themselves without needing the Federal Government

He acted quickly by shutting down travel from China
    ... but then did nothing else for about 6 weeks

He knew it was a pandemic before anyone else knew it would be a pandemic
    ... but held several rallies in the meantime

He'll listen to doctors and medical experts when it comes to when to re-open the economy
    ... but appoints none of them to his council on doing so, instead appointing his daughter to a position on it, and also says he'll just use his intuition.

No wonder his supporters are struggling so much to defend him, instead relying on picking apart minor points which are subject to interpretation. The man is contradicting himself so much that all he can do is shout at the media when they point out his errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Penn wrote: »
    No wonder his supporters are struggling so much to defend him, instead relying on picking apart minor points which are subject to interpretation. The man is contradicting himself so much that all he can do is shout at the media when they point out his errors.

So exactly like everything else over the last three years then?

It's hard to tell if they're knowing lying to others or even lying to themselves, but Trump supporters do not believe in honesty nor in what they say. Just look at the fiasco in Wisconsin for proof, no criticism of forcing people to potentially die en masse in order to vote because they know democracy wouldn't favour them.

That was a test run for when Trump suspends the elections in November or takes measures you would expect to see in Russia. Just wait for it, and wait for them to row in behind and support if when the time comes.

The truth is not convenient for them, nor is democracy, and so they have and will continue to abandon both. These are extremists that the US is dealing with, and who will be happy to see people die if they do not vote Republican, as literally evidenced just last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement