Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The last administration didn't see this coming...

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/10/barack-obama-2014-pandemic-comments-sot-ctn-vpx.cnn

Yeah... No one saw a pandemic coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

Ha...comical stuff from Trump that the US is taken advantage of by other countries....American Imperialism raping the world is ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Didn't his administration dismantle the pandemic response task force in 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Didn't his administration dismantle the pandemic response task force in 2018?

Yes.

The rules are very simple with this guy:

If he blames someone for doing things; he has usually done it.

---

Journalists tonight are a lot more hardened and their questions are tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This is all such bad taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He's backed off completely on taking on Cuomo. Knew he'd lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

"Mr President, you said you're suspending funding to the WHO because they praised China's transparency. How does that stack up with your own praise for China's transparency in January?"

"Do you know how much money China have paid us, because of ME?? Billions and trillions and trillions of billions of dollars. Next question".

Rinse and repeat.

I despair for the imbeciles who vote for a cretin like this.

That was pretty embarrassing. Was it suppose to end like that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When these 29 states open and the Corona virus numbers start to soar in them I wonder who will get the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When these 29 states open and the Corona virus numbers start to soar in them I wonder who will get the blame.

Well it will be the Democrat's fault, so them obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

What a sham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's not his call to make.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1250192917781712897

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

fullstop wrote: »
    "Mr President, you said you're suspending funding to the WHO because they praised China's transparency. How does that stack up with your own praise for China's transparency in (January)March "

"Do you know how much money China have paid us, because of ME?? Billions and trillions and trillions of billions of dollars. Next question".

Rinse and repeat.

I despair for the imbeciles who vote for a cretin like this.

FYP.

He complimented the Chinese handling of the crisis on March 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's scandalously inept. He's even incapable of reading his propaganda, and his handling of the questions is disgraceful.

How anyone with any brain, conscience or morals can support this sham is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Not really following much of the WHO details. But I did see they would not recognise or respond to some doctors and officials from Taiwan. I wonder why that was. Could it be that the WHO was influenced politically

Correct, the WHO blocked Taiwan's participation, even as an observer, because it is basically controlled by China for a LONG time already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's scandalously inept. He's even incapable of reading his propaganda, and his handling of the questions is disgraceful.

How anyone with any brain, conscience or morals can support this sham is beyond me.

Because Trump`s supporter base are seriously lacking in all of those qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Wow! Awesome decision Donnie! One of your greatest great decisions! Defund the W.H.O.! Absolutely brilliant!

The World is in the middle of the greatest Healthcare fire in a century if not EVER... And you just fired the fire-fighters!

Simply, W.O.W.!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What colour paint ?

You'll be surprised how interesting watching paint dry can be. I put a Youtube video up about it, 25 minutes long, just shy of 45,000 views right now. There is a ten-hour video (Not mine) which is the best part of a half-million views.

I'm not sure what to make of the WHO business, mainly because I have only so much time in the day. They certainly seem to be having issues with the other China. (Or the other China is having issues with WHO). https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52230833

I'm fairly sure The Atlantic doesn't lean right wing (Granted, I could be wrong)
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/world-health-organization-blame-pandemic-coronavirus/609820/

Given his background and election, it wouldn't surprise me if the current WHO leadership is a tad pro-CCP. If you'll forgive the overly dramatic Daily Mail link, but I believe the history to be generally factual. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199719/Dr-Tedros-Ghebreyesus-career-politician-running-China-centric-WHO.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'll be surprised how interesting watching paint dry can be. I put a Youtube video up about it, 25 minutes long, just shy of 45,000 views right now. There is a ten-hour video (Not mine) which is the best part of a half-million views.

I'm not sure what to make of the WHO business, mainly because I have only so much time in the day. They certainly seem to be having issues with the other China. (Or the other China is having issues with WHO). https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52230833

I'm fairly sure The Atlantic doesn't lean right wing (Granted, I could be wrong)
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/world-health-organization-blame-pandemic-coronavirus/609820/

Given his background and election, it wouldn't surprise me if the current WHO leadership is a tad pro-CCP. If you'll forgive the overly dramatic Daily Mail link, but I believe the history to be generally factual. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8199719/Dr-Tedros-Ghebreyesus-career-politician-running-China-centric-WHO.html

That is all spectacularly beside the point of Trump's hypocrisy in pointing the finger of blame at them when he is responsible (despite his protestations to the contrary) for the manifest failures of how the U.S. is dealing with the pandemic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'm not sure what to make of the WHO business, mainly because I have only so much time in the day....

... but here are a bunch of links that provide cover for the President.

Look - everyone can see that Donald Trump cutting funding to the WHO is not about the WHO, but is about finding someone to shift responsibility to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Might be worth noting that Trump doesn't have the authority to withhold congressional-approved budgets, like he just did with the WHO.

and also like he did to withhold money to Ukraine, remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Has there been any follow-up on a private meeting of Michigan State Covid-19 survivors in a W/H cabinet room with Don before the media briefing? One of those was reported to be Karen Whitsett, a Democratic Party member of Congress. According to a WaPo firewalled report Karen is said to have lost two family members to the virus & spoke of how when she and her husband were diagnosed with Covid-19 they took Don's advice on Chloroquine & used it to treat the virus. WaPo also included mention of Karen being a guest of Fox News several times praising Don Trump.

MSN covered the meeting as well mentioning how Don took the mike from her then, thanked her for her mention of his advice and said he might cross the political floor to work with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

duploelabs wrote: »
    Might be worth noting that Trump doesn't have the authority to withhold congressional-approved budgets, like he just did with the WHO.

and also like he did to withhold money to Ukraine, remember that?

Not necessarily, if there is no fine specifics as to where the money is allocated he can re-route the money to another agency instead of the WHO., or their could be conditions attached to the spending which he could try saying where not fulfilled.

He did just that with Pakistan in 2017.

If that fails he can try delay funding and go down the impoundment route again.

But no doubt the Government Accountability Office will slate him once again like it did over Ukraine.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/710/703909.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GM228 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, if there is no fine specifics as to where the money is allocated he can re-route the money to another agency instead of the WHO., or their could be conditions attached to the spending which he could try saying where not fulfilled.

He did just that with Pakistan in 2017.

If that fails he can try delay funding and go down the impoundment route again.

But no doubt the Government Accountability Office will slate him once again like it did over Ukraine.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/710/703909.pdf
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Budget_and_Impoundment_Control_Act_of_1974?wprov=sfla1

I believe to impoundment act of 1974 covers this specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And the whitewash continues . 'ive no opinion on the who stuff' but I've found a load of stuff making trumps waffle look legitimate....

Is it the gun support ?

The sticking it to the perceived 'libs'

What is it I don't get it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Donald Trump is the Very Stable Genius who decides to defund the WHO during a Pandemic.

Whether or not he can is immaterial. Any lingering trace, or minuscule suggestion this man is fit for office or capable leader should be met by scolding, unbridled laugher in the face of those suggesting it. Imagine if Churchill threw a huff with the SOE during the height of the threat of invasion. Oh sure, maybe personnel got moved around after a botched operation. But scrubbing the budget on the whole lot? As the enemy was knocking at the gates (or here, with the disease cutting a swathe)

And the value of money potentially lost here is equally irrelevant; anyone posting here should know by now the value and importance of presentation. Image. The look is the thing here - that's Politics 101. Trump decided... dear lord in heaven. Donald Trump decided that as the deaths tick upwards and America slowly unravels, now's the time to make a big public declaration of "F*ck You" to the WHO.

Nope, anyone still trying to suggest Trump is maligned in the press can take a short walk. Trying to make the "MSM" the bogeyman here is a charlatan hanging on to the Sunk Cost Fallacy.

SNIP.

I'm not sure what to make of the WHO business, mainly because I have only so much time in the day.

I think he is just trying to blame someone else. I don't think there is much more to it than that. It's not that complex. He is never that complex.

From watching his Press Conferences daily - he likes to blame others and to talk up himself. If something good happens:
    I think I took my own advice on the ban. I don’t know.

if something bad happens:
    I don't take responsibility at all

he has no power / he has absolute power :)

Last two nights have been particularly embarrassing in this regard. The video!

He's an extremely insecure man - having not followed him too closely over the years - where does the insecurity come from? Any good bios/docs on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So Trump is now authorising each Governor to decide when to re-open their States and lift lockdown requirements etc.

Have to hand it to him, that's absolutely a fair decision to authorise the Governors to do something they don't need his authority to do. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and I hereby authorise him to continue being President. This is a fair decision I have made and I trust he will be respectful of my decision.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Penn wrote: »
    So Trump is now authorising each Governor to decide when to re-open their States and lift lockdown requirements etc.

Have to hand it to him, that's absolutely a fair decision to authorise the Governors to do something they don't need his authority to do. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and I hereby authorise him to continue being President. This is a fair decision I have made and I trust he will be respectful of my decision.

You are a fair and righteous leader!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Wow! Awesome decision Donnie! One of your greatest great decisions! Defund the W.H.O.! Absolutely brilliant!

The World is in the middle of the greatest Healthcare fire in a century if not EVER... And you just fired the fire-fighters!

Simply, W.O.W.!!!

It's almost entertaining that each time he gets to make a decision, he always chooses the exact worst option. There's plenty of time for looking at the WHO response after this is over, but de-funding it now is utterly dumb and will negatively affect everyone. The guy doesn't have a single clue what he is doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement