Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So Trump is withholding money from the WHO while they do an "investigation". I have a funny feeling this "investigation will end when Trump will need something to distract, and the finding well after a thorough investigation they will find that the WHO do a good job but and constraint by what countries tell them and they money will now be given as normal. His supporters will eat it up and proclaim him a hero for it. While in fact it will be all optics and a distraction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

He was entitled to wind down with more Golf after getting acquitted? C'mon. It was hardly touch and go that his Presidency was actually on the line and his nerves were teetering. It was a done deal he was going to be acquitted. We were even told so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone seen these gob****es in Michigan who protested at the state capital including some who had guns ? One lad said he was afraid of coronavirus but then did research but he's wearing a mask but is still scared of it yet his mask has holes in it and the mouth is open. America, a good idea that got out of hand.

He had just been acquitted of farcical charges and so good for him if he wants to have a few rounds of golf.

A few rounds!
    He promised that he would be too busy working to play golf but he's fleecing the tax payer every time he goes golfing.

Did you not watch the presser the other night? Trump obliterated the narrative that he ignored the seriousness of the virus and that they had not:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249858152578920449

Are you for real? You don't see anything out of the ordinary with the content of this video and with POTUS playing it at press conference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are you for real? You don't see anything out of the ordinary with the content of this video and with POTUS playing it at press conference?

Blatant electioneering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭eire4

Blatant electioneering

To be expected. It is always about him and what is best for him at least in his own eyes and in this case it has nothing whatsoever to do with the health and safety of Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So he's threatening to close down Senate and House now...

Right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Did he just say the WHO helped unleash COVID 19 on purpose ?

He sounds like he is getting crazier.... but it does always seem like that

So he's threatening to close down Senate and House now...

Right!

He can't do that because the congress is a co equal branch of government. The executive part of which the president is has increased its power since its foundation but the constitution says it's a not more powerful branch of government so he can flap his gums all he wants but like his ramblings about presidential power he's wrong.

• Advertisement

CNN are showing none of it. I was watching on CSPAN.

I've stopped now, I'll wait for the Q&A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I think he just accused WHO of purposefully allowing this to happen across Europe? Will need to look at transcript later.

Did he just say the WHO helped unleash COVID 19 on purpose ?

He sounds like he is getting crazier.... but it does always seem like that

It's like an Olympic pole vault final at times with the crazy bar getting so high even Sergey Bubka couldn't get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC News keep cutting away due to rambling nonsense!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He can't do that because the congress is a co equal branch of government. The executive part of which the president is has increased its power since its foundation but the constitution says it's a not more powerful branch of government so he can flap his gums all he wants but like his ramblings about presidential power he's wrong.

I know that. You know that.

He doesn't know that.

He's been moaning that the Senate are holding up judicial confirmations.

Tell me, who has a Senate majority?

I know that. You know that.

He doesn't know that.

He's been moaning that the Senate are holding up judicial confirmations.

Tell me, who has a Senate majority?

Sorry I'm just sick of reading stupid things that he as president should know but as you say he clearly didn't know/still doesn't know and has no intention of learning these things.

The senate majority I do believe is held by the republicans and the senior senator from Kentucky is the majority leader of said body.

BBC News keep cutting away due to rambling nonsense!

It's on CNN now. They're hosting it outside for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Kelly-Anne Conway according to MSN & described as a senior White House official, has stated that the freeze on the W.H.O funding by Don is only until the investigation ordered by Don into the W.H.O handling of the outbreak is done. Seeing that K.A.C has Don's ear and is regularly quoted as a spokeperson for the Administration' its very likely she's speaking for Don. She also said the virus will return in a "reduced" way later this year. I might be optimistic here in thinking this might signal a change by Don on his block on W.H.O funding.

Dr Birk has just advised the public that the facemask policy will continue for the forseeable future, as will the social spacing policy. She asked that the public stay at home when necessary.

Separately the industry bosses are reported to have advised Don that before the re-opening of industry with the return of workers, that [edit] there must be more testing done for Covid-19 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

It's on CNN now. They're hosting it outside for some reason

Was the same last night, it's after the Monday night debacle of arguing with the journalists, outside they are not miced up so they can't keep asking questions, the mic can be pulled away

Is he PRAISING China now for something? WTF?

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »
    Was the same last night, it's after the Monday night debacle of arguing with the journalists, outside they are not miced up so they can't keep asking questions, the mic can be pulled away

Jesus H. Christ. He really does not like ANYONE challenging his AUTHORITAAY.

Jesus H. Christ. He really does not like ANYONE challenging his AUTHORITAAY.

That's hardly news though.

That's hardly news though.

I was referring to how childish that reason is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gone very grey overnight

Well it's Donald trump who can't take criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Absolutely bonkers, but that's Donald!
    Sure one question each now aswell, even last night one of the journalists had a 2 part question and kept going and didn't Trump say if you don't stop ill just walk and you can have it out with the rest of your kin, he's selective in what he answers, always is, comedy central

Well it's Donald trump who can't take criticism.

I know that too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

"The highest of the hi-tech. The level of IQ of some of those calls was about the highest you've ever seen on a phone call"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

He's just confirmed that he will not allow the senate or congress to sit unless they follow his list of nominated judges and other appointments. Not that that's the act or stated intent of a dictator in a democracy, no siree. no way. Its noticeable that the media are not pursuing him on that statement.

• Advertisement

Gone very grey overnight

Looks like that because it's outdoors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement