Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭eire4

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m just as worried at what Trump has done by normalizing outright lieing, no sense of responsibility for anything that’s not positive and bullying by the POTUS. It’s not that there hasn’t been dodgy presidents in the past, just none as brazen and very much definable mostly by these traits. I’d fear he’s opened up an opportunity for more sinister figures to really use this sort of strategy for worse....

2aoxut.jpg

Absolutely spot on unfortunately. The only way what you say will not come to pass is if he and his family are fully investigated and prosecuted where appropriate. That sadly will probably not happen as we have recent precedent with Obama doing nothing to go after any of the corrupt bank and wall street executives who crashed the economy in 2008-09.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

On another part of recent U.S history relevant to Govt service, the virus and how the Admin is currently handling it's effects, its being reported that after he fired the captain of USS Theodore Roosevelt, Acting Sec for the Navy Modly resigned from office. Modly flew down to Guam and carpeted Captain Crozier, calling him stupid and naïve, which was recorded by some-one and leaked to the media. The Admiral now investigating the case has stated he is under no pressure from any quarter as to any decision he makes/recommends ref the matter. It might be because of that statement, that its being rumoured that Captain Crozier might be reinstated to his last post. I actually don't see him being returned to the carrier. The cost of former Sec Modly's trip to Guam for the meeting between him and Captain Crozier is reported to be around a quarter million U.S $, the listing of which indicates some-one was ensuring Modly would not get off lightly..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The only prosecutions IWT will be State ones, not Federal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

listermint wrote: »
    So the cheques people are waiting on to pay for you know food rent electricity and stuff are delayed a week because trump wants his name printed on the revenue used cheques.

Manic? Anything

I would have expected the Treasury Secretary's signature, personally. Seems to me to be a vanity move, or at best a political ploy for re-election, but I gather from previous postings that you and others on this thread have concluded this already. I have never claimed any particular knowledge of the workings of the Treasury Department, so I can't help but wonder why you're asking me directly.
    On another part of recent U.S history relevant to Govt service, the virus and how the Admin is currently handling it's effects, its being reported that after he fired the captain of USS Theodore Roosevelt, Acting Sec for the Navy Modly resigned from office. Modly flew down to Guam and carpeted Captain Crozier, calling him stupid and naïve, which was recorded by some-one and leaked to the media. The Admiral now investigating the case has stated he is under no pressure from any quarter as to any decision he makes/recommends ref the matter. It might be because of that statement, that its being rumoured that Captain Crozier might be reinstated to his last post. I actually don't see him being returned to the carrier.

Not "reported", it's happened. Modly went and put his foot in it, his resignation has been accepted. Interestingly, his failing is identical to his cause for Crozier's relief: Lapse of judgement. Agreed with the last statement, however; it's unlikely the Crozier will be returned to command for two reasons. Firstly, whatever Modly went and did later had no bearing on Crozier's actions, and secondly, because the Navy doesn't like to contradict itself for a number of reasons, some prideful, some practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump assembles a task force to look at restarting the economy.

Only senator not asked? Romney.

Senators that asked? Those accused of insider trading

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1250883330955980800?s=19

"But he's not vindictive..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Thank you, on behalf of every sane person that's contributed to this thread.

Oh please don't get me wrong here. I have little issue with someone who is a Trump supporter, but what bothers me about that particular poster is the absolute and glaring hypocrisy in their posts.

The sheer ignorance of reality and seeming victim complex about poor Trump and how the MSM is out to get him. Fox News is quite literally MSM and has promoted the lies of Trump since before he was voted in.

i remember that poster claiming Mexico would build that wall, but then that changed to Mexico would pay for it via tariffs and more nonsense.

Trump spent January and February massively playing down Corvid 19, live on camera, but for some reason posters like Pete and Trumps bizarrely fanatic supporters will watch those clips and say it's fake news and he was taken out of context.

It blows my damn mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,619 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    That's the fear, that some-one like Trump could come from the Dem ranks, now that he's exploded the myth of how the constitution rules controlled how the game is played. I'd hope that both parties have learned the lesson Don has taught them but that'll have to wait until the new year after the election and swearing-in of POTUS. If they have learned it, they may see it's necessary to change the game back to when decency was the norm and Trump-ism didn't control it, that bipartisanship is the key to excluding some-one like him from public office. Maybe there'd be a need for psychological checking to be done on future candidates, same way it's needed for lesser sections of Govt service.

Why would the Dems to that? The GOP have shown them the new rules, starting back when Obama was POTUS.

You think the GOP are going to suddenly come across all moral and for the betterment of the entire country rather than themselves?

To protect themselves they will need to what Trump started but more. Load the judges, load the heads of major bodies, look after those that look after them (Fox news for Trump for example).

Trump isn't the cause. Look at McConnell, Gaentz, Hannitty, etc etc. These type of people are not going away and are in no mood to compromise. If they were they would have used the last 3 years to bring others on board, but instead they have used every trick, overlooked every previously unconscionable act, stood by when even their own members are attacked at the alter of getting what they want.

That is not going to change, and the Dems would be foolish, have been foolish, to think otherwise.

Easing the franchise for every individual, should be high on the Dems list. Much of the fights will be State by State.

Maybe it's just me but it sounds strange for Don to be involving God now in his daily speaking to the public. He's just thanked Dr's Birk and Fauci for their efforts. Mike now following up with a mention of Gods grace helping them, plus praising the governors and the states several times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Water John wrote: »
    Easing the franchise for every individual, should be high on the Dems list. Much of the fights will be State by State.

The irony being that the GOP will accuse Democrats of stealing democracy, knowing polls show general majority Dem support in many cases. They'll reframe any reforms as a coup, and it'll work thanks to decades of Trope Politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Now that it's going to the dogs, he's throwing it back to the regional governors.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/donald-trump-reopening-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html

King Trump retreated very quickly. He knows now what if feels like to be named.
    Just one shot across the bow from Cuomo and he's gone.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why would the Dems to that? The GOP have shown them the new rules, starting back when Obama was POTUS.

You think the GOP are going to suddenly come across all moral and for the betterment of the entire country rather than themselves?

To protect themselves they will need to what Trump started but more. Load the judges, load the heads of major bodies, look after those that look after them (Fox news for Trump for example).

Trump isn't the cause. Look at McConnell, Gaentz, Hannitty, etc etc. These type of people are not going away and are in no mood to compromise. If they were they would have used the last 3 years to bring others on board, but instead they have used every trick, overlooked every previously unconscionable act, stood by when even their own members are attacked at the alter of getting what they want.

That is not going to change, and the Dems would be foolish, have been foolish, to think otherwise.

I had been pondering the notion that the U.S would go after Don, if and when he leaves office, in federal court on charges related to causing the deaths of any U.S citizens who died as a result of preventable virus infection due to the inaction of the Govt under his control and management and public utterances on how it was all under control, when it was not. In effect be blinded the public to the dangers of the virus, even while the doctors at his side were trying to alert the same public to the real time dangers of it. I doubt if he will be though, due to the dislike by U.S presidents of U.S presidents being made responsible for their actions, choosing pardoning instead to prevent a precedent being set by the courts.

Great tonight to hear the science has won out. The business leaders wouldn't back Trump on his grand opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Sounds like a very cautious opening up anyway? I imagine this was Fauci's plan all along?

And Trump can use the soundbite of him opening things up every night now for the next couple of months and talk about packed arenas.

It's great to be opening Montana.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This is so awkward to watch now.

So can you give us a state that can start to open, I'd rather not. Can you give us numbers of states that are ready. No.

Hmmmm.....

Opening tomorrow, opening next week. Getting ready to open. Short period of time. A very beautiful picture. Great shape. Soon.

It's getting a little vague very fast, is this just him saying we'd be up and running for Easter again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What on earth is he sh****ng on about now

He looks like he's shuffling cards when he moves his hands

It was 20 or 28 States yesterday ready for opening. Today it's about 8, with about 5% of the pop.

• Advertisement

Oh sweet jesus. He's a joke

What in earth is on about? He's all over the shop

You musn't have watched him on Monday? That was a real sh1tshow.

Probably did. All sounds the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Monday was bad but this is just I don't know what to say, he's rambling the same crap over and over, as others have said quite vague, and of course he has had to back track over King Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh sweet jesus. He's a joke

Are you only realizing that now? I could have told you that before he became the POTUS and yet Americans voted for him unfortunately.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    This is so awkward to watch now.

I find that Major Garret's nightly podcast "Debriefing the Briefing" is very good at picking out the news from the waffle, BS and propaganda...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/debriefing-the-briefing/id1505853304

God that was pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

He looks like he's shuffling cards when he moves his hands

He's just trying to distract you before dealing himself an Ace from the bottom of the deck....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Missed it tonight, how was he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement