Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

duploelabs wrote: »
    How is this not in breech of twitters rule of encitement to violence?

Because within 30 seconds every GOP, Trump supporter or Bad Faith contrarian would be up in arms. Plenty in America area already convinced of a "liberal bias" within the internet and its ostensible gate-keepers; Trump being banned would simply rubber-stamp that feeling & the outrage would be white hot. Plus to be fair, it's a tricky needle to thread: banning any Political Leader sends a political message, accidentally or otherwise.

The problem is just that every other political leader in the world doesn't talk like a troll, or in a manner requiring infraction on Boards lol. Dangerous and incendiary stuff. Remember when then Candidate Trump joked about shooting people on 5th Avenue and we thought it outrageous? Simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Christy42 wrote: »
    First time since 2002 March didn't have a school shooting

18yrs!
    Jesus H Christ!
    That's is a shocking indictment of the US in fairness...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    So it looks like he's encouraging more of these protesters with these recent tweets. I don't think I can say how strongly I detest this man

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169217531056130

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251168994066944003

Liberate them from what ?

Him??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Even Ben Shapiro has enough of this style.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1251178503183032325

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why is he rambling on about the Second Amendment?

He's the one who advised them to close up and issued stay at home requests. Now he's telling them to protest?

How can any sane person support and justify this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Even Ben Shapiro has enough of this style.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1251178503183032325

You know you ****ed up when Shapiro has gone against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

He's absolutely certifiable.

November can't come quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I had to go and check were those tweets real because I just had to see them for myself and jesus of Nazareth they were real. 25th amendment would be invoked in any normal US presidency at this point but not here it seems. While I was there he's still tweeting is mentioning the H1N1 and how Obama did a terrible job. He's off his game lads.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I had to go and check were those tweets real because I just had to see them for myself and jesus of Nazareth they were real. 25th amendment would be invoked in any normal US presidency at this point but not here it seems. While I was there he's still tweeting is mentioning the H1N1 and how Obama did a terrible job. He's off his game lads.

Or his meds...

Serious possibility he's having a mental breakdown. Like full on meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭briany

Or his meds...

Serious possibility he's having a mental breakdown. Like full on meltdown.

He's politicking with those tweets. It's very crass, but when he says 'LIBERATE MICHIGAN!', that's a rallying cry to his supporters. Big gamble, though. Well, actually, maybe not, because if that backfires and contagion spreads, he'll just claim he'll never said that, which his supporters will accept and those who'd never vote for him anyway will be apoplectic.

• Advertisement

Deleted post.

What do you think about Trump's latest tweets? the sign of a rational man?

Trump should sue if claims about his drug taking are untrue. Why do you think he hasn't done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Christy42 wrote: »
    When there was significant oversight and pretty much because if they didn't it would have held up all relief.

Check out the Dems demands from the process. The US would be in a better state if they had their way.

I don't buy this rationale... the Dems are lining their millionaire pockets just as much as the Reps in this measure. Absolutely disgusting to sneak it under under cover of a Covid response. A plague on both their greedy, grubby houses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cilantro54

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    A plague on both their greedy, grubby houses...

Liked for this. Nail on head. (Or both their heads if you prefer. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Why is he rambling on about the Second Amendment?

He's the one who advised them to close up and issued stay at home requests. Now he's telling them to protest?

How can any sane person support and justify this?

In any other universe he'd be removed from office under the 25th Amendment. He's a serious danger and I've no idea how or why he's been allowed to continue in office.

Those tweets today are incendiary.. a green light to all sorts of bad actors from the Alex Jones brigade to the worst of the evangelicals.. difficult to process, actually... dangerous in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't buy this rationale... the Dems are lining their millionaire pockets just as much as the Reps in this measure. Absolutely disgusting to sneak it under under cover of a Covid response. A plague on both their greedy, grubby houses...

The poster said better not perfect. I agree in some respects because the democrats are just as capable of talking ****e just the GOP do and stick a " the American people" "our great nation" and a "god bless the United States" into a an interview which seemingly makes even the biggest load of waffle okay to either base. I find the American Sunday shows as they are called at times a chore to listen to because they give no info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Ah yes the both sides answer.

The Dems were the ones arguing against Trump's personal slush fund. Kamala Harris is now trying to put through legislation to allow more postal voting in November. Shumer wanted more protections for workers and actual oversight for the slush fund. Certainly they failed but they were the ones putting that argument forward.

I am not saying they Dems are great but Republicans have put severe effort into setting a low bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    In any other universe he'd be removed from office under the 25th Amendment. He's a serious danger and I've no idea how or why he's been allowed to continue in office.

The 25th Amendment must be triggered by the cabinet, I believe. The cabinet has been filled with cronies, flunkies, and yes men. Are they all un-elected? Possibly, all are nominated by Trump, anyway. A bunch of them are only 'acting' roles too, so they may not even get a vote.

What are the chances that the cabinet will vote Trump and themselves out of their jobs directed only by their moral and ethical compass. Pretty snecking slim!

I think this just highlights how ripe for corruption the US system is. If you get in, you can do *anything* and get away with it.

check_six wrote: »
    I think this just highlights how ripe for corruption the US system is. If you get in, you can do *anything* and get away with it.

I've only been following US politics since Bush The Lesser, but there has been serious creep of presidential powers in those years.. continued by Obama.. and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

What time is this evenings White House media and nation briefing Covid-19 on at, now that a path has been laid out for one question unrelated to the virus? I'm of mixed mind as to whether it should be asked cos Don will be waiting for it to question the integrity of the person asking it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More posts deleted. Cards and bans have been issued. Please bear the charter in mind when posting.

Thanks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I'm watching CNBC,s Closing Bell Market Zone on TV. Its covering the fact that CEO's of major firms are withdrawing the guidance advice the firms had offered. I take it this refers to what the firms had intended to do at future business plan levels, though I might be wrong in my understanding of the word "guidance" as they used it. Is this an indicator that U.S firms are wary of the market and the U.S economy as they stand right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Guidance in the context of stock markets, is the predicted profit and earnings per share companies usually issue as part of their investor info.
    Withdrawal of that guidance is just a withdrawal of your predicted performance due to extreme market changes/volatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The tweets by Trump are really outrageous. He's blatantly reaching to his base and undermining Governers and their authority by encouraging the breaking of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Will he go on a mad on tonight? What are the odds?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Water John wrote: »
    The tweets by Trump are really outrageous. He's blatantly reaching to his base and undermining Governers and their authority by encouraging the breaking of the law.

What's even more concerning is that those tweets were sent about 5 minutes after the Trump campaign sent out an email shot claiming that the "Democrats are going to steal the election"

So.. We have -

"Democrats are stealing the election"
    "Liberate your state" ( But only Democrat ones)
    "Protect your 2nd Amendment"

Definitely not laying the ground work to reject the election results in November.. definitely not..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cuomo was baiting him earlier

Not "reported", it's happened. Modly went and put his foot in it, his resignation has been accepted. Interestingly, his failing is identical to his cause for Crozier's relief: Lapse of judgement. Agreed with the last statement, however; it's unlikely the Crozier will be returned to command for two reasons. Firstly, whatever Modly went and did later had no bearing on Crozier's actions, and secondly, because the Navy doesn't like to contradict itself for a number of reasons, some prideful, some practical.

Ta. I saw the news earlier yesterday and wondered why it was only popping up now, went back and saw the resignation was on the 07th. I don't know why, except for so much happening, that it wasn't on the net from the media some days back. To use a seafaring term, it must have got stuck in the doldrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Imagine having an open goal like this for the democrats and putting Joe fcuking Biden forward. Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Cuomo was baiting him earlier

Governor Jay Inslee, Washington State, has described Don as unhinged, following on from Don's "liberation" tweets. That has to get a response from Don. Seattle suffered one of the multiple fatality outbreaks at one of its elderly folks homes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement