Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Rallies aren't good for the country.

Natural selection maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Christ almighty again with the guns. Any proof that the Virginia governor is doing anything to restrict gun laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

he couldnt wait to get away from the liberation tweets question there and back to 'steve'

Oh great he saw a ship off.

Could mike pence not answer the question ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He didn't want to bring it up apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Beautiful ships. Check.
    Restaurant seats. Check.

He's a simple man. Admirable.

what is china hosting in 2022 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

what is china hosting in 2022 ?

Winter Olympics - had to Google it.

Did Fauci just dispel the conspiracy about it being created in a Chinese lab, that the reporter and Trump pedalled earlier? Love it.

• Advertisement

Thank you Dr Fauci.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

He didn't want to bring it up apparently.

To paraphrase. ."Course I didn't, but since you mention it.. ."

Winter Olympics - had to Google it.

Did Fauci just dispel the conspiracy about it being created in a Chinese lab, that the reporter and Trump pedalled earlier? Love it.

Sounded like he did.

The numbers will be lower in spite of you not because of you Mr President.

Fauci rubbishes the lab stuff brought up last night? He'll be in trouble.

Q Mr. President, multiple sources are telling Fox News today that the United States government now has high confidence that, while the coronavirus is a naturally occurring virus, it emanated from a virology lab in Wuhan. That, because of lax safety protocols, an intern was infected, who later infected her boyfriend, and then went to the wet market in Wuhan where it began to spread. Does that correspond with what you have heard from officials?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I don’t want to say that, John. But I will tell you, more and more, we’re hearing the story. And we’ll see. When you say “multiple sources” — now there’s a case where you can use the word “sources” — but we are doing a very thorough examination of this horrible situation that happened.

source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-26/

Also "herd mentality" :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trump saying negative stuff about the witch hunts... Where he was impeached. As in you were guilty.

Don't make it political. During one of his propaganda pressers.

Another task force meeting over. I was expecting it to be more explosive :)

Think I've watched pretty much all of them now. The guy is an idiot isn't he? Everyone in the room knows it. Everyone working with him knows it.

Really odd times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

paddythere wrote: »
    1917- the spanish flu

I think it wasn't a pandemic until 1918 when demob spread it but may have been around from 1916/17.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trump making a complete balls of this now. Deborah Burke doing an amazing job. Then trump tries to interject and blame states with high coronavirus counts and totally confused the matter. Deborah on damage control.

Absolute moron.

And he is back doing it again. Doesnt know when to shut up. I mean it takes a spectacular amount of stupidity to not realise you made a mistake and leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If he gets elected again this year, America deserves to go down the toilet.

Worst president ever.
    Also a dreadful human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Water John wrote: »
    The tweets by Trump are really outrageous. He's blatantly reaching to his base and undermining Governers and their authority by encouraging the breaking of the law.
    Straight out of the Putin playbook, it's very like what the Russians did in Ukraine in 2014 when they tried to take over half the country.

They tried to foment fake "uprisings" in about nine or ten provinces by sending in astro-turfers to take over local parliament buildings. Sure the Michigan thing was a complete fake and organised at a local level by Betsy De Vos.

Russia's fingerprints are all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Straight out of the Putin playbook, it's very like what the Russians did in Ukraine in 2014 when they tried to take over half the country.

They tried to foment fake "uprisings" in about nine or ten provinces by sending in astro-turfers to take over local parliament buildings. Sure the Michigan thing was a complete fake and organised at a local level by Betsy De Vos.

Russia's fingerprints are all over this.

Also noticed a lot of folk stiring up support for Cuomo as a Presidential hopeful for 2020. Nice play if your aim is to divide support for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If he gets elected again this year, America deserves to go down the toilet.

Worst president ever.
    Also a dreadful human.

Once again he'll win because his opponents are worse.

Same with the Tories in Britain, they didn't have to be average to good, the opposition were so off reservation that there was no choice.

A lot of the more insanely free market extremism by many Democrats will also be a non runner in a year where unemployment is so high.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Also noticed a lot of folk stiring up support for Cuomo as a Presidential hopeful for 2020. Nice play if your aim is to divide support for Biden.

Cuomo could win it, Biden isn't credible or capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Danzy wrote: »
    Biden isn't credible or capable.

That wasn’t a problem for Trump

salmocab wrote: »
    That wasn’t a problem for Trump

No, but it is a problem for Joe.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Aye, check out the two posts after your one.

Right-wing politics of the Republican variety has always been about creating division and making division as bitter as possible.

Right-wing culture warrior politics is a disaster for the world, it's as simple as that.

People need to understand the framework in which it operates. There is a concerted strategy by right-wingers the world over to divide people, to vilify the disadvantaged in society, to distract people by using bogus narratives, always using fake enemies.

The end goal of this is always the protection of untrammelled corporate power, privilege and corruption, protection of inherited wealth and the perpetuation of inequality.

And they use repetition, repetition, repetition.

The propaganda techniques are always the same in nature, whether it’s the US, the UK, Russia, Brazil or Ireland now, or 1930s Germany.

The only difference is in degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Danzy wrote: »
    No, but it is a problem for Joe.

I’m not sure it actually is, people seem to have decided he’s not going to do well but I think that’s mainly a mixture of pro-Trump and people not being a fan of Joe. The reality is Trump didn’t win the popular vote and took some states by relatively small margins, he’s more likely to have lost voters than picked some up and Joe would be a lot more popular than Hilary was.
    I wouldn’t be as stupid as to say it’s in the bag but it’s not where a lot think it is.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m not sure it actually is, people seem to have decided he’s not going to do well but I think that’s mainly a mixture of pro-Trump and people not being a fan of Joe. The reality is Trump didn’t win the popular vote and took some states by relatively small margins, he’s more likely to have lost voters than picked some up and Joe would be a lot more popular than Hilary was.
    I wouldn’t be as stupid as to say it’s in the bag but it’s not where a lot think it is.

The question is not who has more real support - Biden has.

The question is whether the election will be a Russian style simulacrum, ie., a fake election.

The likeliest outcome is the fake, rigged election, and thus the likeliest outcome is a fake Trump "victory".

The future of the international alliance of kleptocrats depends on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement