Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Personally I think Trump wants as many people as possible to die of COVID-19. African-Americans are dying at a far outsize rate compared to the rest of the population and as far as Trump is concerned, the less African-Americans around, the better.

Can you post some evidence as why you keep saying that Trump wants as many black people to die as possible. As much evidence as you can please. I'm sure you have lots given that I doubt anyone would say such a thing about another person unless they had some proof to back up that assertion.

Would seem to me though that, much like all the other outrageous claims about Trump (and this for sure qualifies as that) it holds no water and is just said to manipulate others into seeing the man as either having done something he has not, or being someone he is not, in this case: a vile racist.

Let's take a look at some things which would suggest the contrary to this view that Trump is a bigot and a racist (to say the least). He's some awards he received:
    1976: Humanitarian Award by the National Jewish Health;
    1983 Tree of Life Award by the Jewish National Fund;
    1986 Ellis Island Award given to Trump, Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali;
    1995 President’s Medal by the Freedom Foundation (Washington) for his support of youth programs;
    2007 Muhammad Ali Entrepreneur Award;
    2008 Unicorn Children’s Foundation Shining Star Award;
    2011 Presidential Hero Award by the Lois Pope Life Foundation;
    2015 The Algemeiner Liberty Award for contributions to Israel-United States relations.

Here's also some footage of Rev. Jesse Jackson lauding Trump as a friend to minorities and expressing his appreciation for Trump’s support of the Rainbow Push Coalition’s initiative, called the Wall Street Project, which aimed to help minority-owned businesses. Trump gave space to them on Wall St also:

Strange thing for someone who hates blacks to do and why did Oprah seem to have so much time for him in those years. She is hardly one to tolerate racists and yet she often had him on her show appeared quite fond of him in fact:

trop.png

Since taking office Trump has held numerous events which have honoured and supporting the black community, such as:

Hosting a Young Black Leadership Summits at the White House:

Last year he hosted Black History Month in the White House:

Even the first national monument which Trump designatedas POTUS was to honour black soldiers of the Civil War.

And why bother putting so much effort into supporting the First Step Act given that so many within the black community were fighting for it?

How about signing an Executive Order to "Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities" (leaders also brought to the White House for the signing, see below) and signing a bill which would permanently provide more than $250 million a year to the nation’s historically black colleges and universities"?

So, yeah, be very interested in seeing on what basis you assert that Donald Trump wants as many black people as possible to die from the Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He’s losing it on Twitter atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I have never said it's a slam dunk for Biden or anything of the sort though if you read my posts on the subject.

Didn't say you did! You quoted my post about the odds. Have a look at the post I was responding to with that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Can you post some evidence as why you keep saying that Trump wants as many black people to die as possible. As much evidence as you can please. I'm sure you have lots given that I doubt anyone would say such a thing about another person unless they had some proof to back up that assertion.

Would seem to me though that, much like all the other outrageous claims about Trump (and this for sure qualifies as that) it holds no water and is just said to manipulate others into seeing the man as either having done something he has not, or being someone he is not, in this case: a vile racist.

Let's take a look at some things which would suggest the contrary to this view that Trump is a bigot and a racist (to say the least). He's some awards he received:

Here's also some footage of Rev. Jesse Jackson lauding Trump as a friend to minorities and expressing his appreciation for Trump’s support of the Rainbow Push Coalition’s initiative, called the Wall Street Project, which aimed to help minority-owned businesses. Trump gave space to them on Wall St also:

Strange thing for someone who hates blacks to do and why did Oprah seem to have so much time for him in those years. She is hardly one to tolerate racists and yet she often had him on her show appeared quite fond of him in fact:

trop.png

Since taking office Trump has held numerous events which have honoured and supporting the black community, such as:

Hosting a Young Black Leadership Summits at the White House:

Last year he hosted Black History Month in the White House:

Even the first national monument which Trump designatedas POTUS was to honour black soldiers of the Civil War.

And why bother putting so much effort into supporting the First Step Act given that so many within the black community were fighting for it?

How about signing an Executive Order to "Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities" (leaders also brought to the White House for the signing, see below) and signing a bill which would permanently provide more than $250 million a year to the nation’s historically black colleges and universities"?

So, yeah, be very interested in seeing on what basis you assert that Donald Trump wants as many black people as possible to die from the Coronavirus.

Have a few photo ops and people forget you wanted people executed with the sum total of evidence being that they were black. Took out full page ads as well.

Then let's not forget. He must be a foreigner. Again the sum total of all evidence was that the person was black.

Having said that I doubt Donald wants this to kill more black people but I sincerely doubt he cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lol what now?

• Advertisement

Good! The crazier he becomes the better for Biden.

Just compare his twitter to Biden's. World of difference is the ability to look calmly at a situation.

Of course Biden might have someone managing his twitter feed but at this point that is still a bonus on the current president. Least he won't go around encouraging a revolt from several states or go around claiming the president has the ultimate authority or other such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

And thats new? The more he makes an ass of himself the easier it gets for the Dems to hammer how incompetent he is.

This tweet from yesterday:

Cuomo ridiculously wanted “40 thousand Ventilators”. We gave him a small fraction of that number, and it was plenty. State should have had them in stockpile!

Go Donald!

This tweet from yesterday:

Cuomo ridiculously wanted “40 thousand Ventilators”. We gave him a small fraction of that number, and it was plenty. State should have had them in stockpile!

Go Donald!

I think Cuomo has got under his skin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

What do you base this on?

It's my opinion based on following his presidency closely and his actions over the last two months. I don't believe for one second that we're dealing with incompetence here, we're dealing with burn it down nihilism. End times cultists fill Trump's regime and his campaign was managed by Steve Bannon who is a nihilist.

Then there's stuff like this. Trump has long fetishised societal collapse. Kleptocrats often do because it's a money making opportunity.

EV0lLsRWkAE-yha?format=jpg&name=large

EV0mQpZXYAMk80Z?format=jpg&name=large

Christy42 wrote: »
    Have a few photo ops and people forget you wanted people executed with the sum total of evidence being that they were black. Took out full page ads as well.

Then let's not forget. He must be a foreigner. Again the sum total of all evidence was that the person was black.

Having said that I doubt Donald wants this to kill more black people but I sincerely doubt he cares.

COVID-19 is killing black people at a disproportionate rate. I don't think Trump is massively worried about the racial make up of the dead - well obviously he'd prefer them to be blacks and minorities given the choice - so it suits him anyway - but a lot of dead people of any background means it's easier to introduce shock doctrine and its easier to rig the election.

Trump is far from alone in this in the Republican party. The US is currently riding the peak of a catastrophe and Republican controlled areas are opening up again. That's wanton disregard for human life at best, and far more likely actual murderous intent. These are sociopaths, nay psychopaths we're dealing with here, not rational human beings with such "snowflakey" qualities as basic empathy for human life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Suggesting Trump has good relations with the black community not only runs counter to every poll and voting breakdown going, it's also akin to suggesting the LGBTQ community love him because he once posed for a photo holding a rainbow flag. It's borderline "some of my friends are black" defence.

To crib a general piece of advice from scriptwriting: character is shown through action, not words. There's no evidence either Trump nor the modern GOP is interested or proactive in engaging the Black vote. A photo with Oprah shows nothing, only how rich peoples' social circles overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I think Cuomo has got under his skin

Yup. He won't have liked being told by Cuomo to stop watching telly and start working. Nobody gets in between Don and his daily dose of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Christy42 wrote: »
    Have a few photo ops and

Look, you can dismiss off executive orders, legislation and a long history of going out of his way to support minorities as mere "photo ops" as much as you like, but don't expect any serious person to take that as a meaningful or logical rebuttal. The notion that a racist would have supported the black community (to the degree that he did) for a photo op is absurd, given his support furthered their efforts. It's beyond ridiculous.

He didn't support it very much. There was little of substance there. Black history months are part of a presidents job. It is doubtful he came up with those ideas himself. As evidenced by the fact he doesn't really talk about it. They are literally the basics of his office for a few of them. He would if he could remember what they were given his propensity to try and brag.

You had he hugged Oprah as an example. If that makes the list you k ow you have issues. I had example he spent serious time on and spent time publishing as best he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

There's no better way to show you love black people than illegally refusing to rent properties to them.

In other news, Hitler was very friendly to the Jewish people if this photo is anything to go by: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-46192941

_104304564_bfd316f2-aede-4331-9bc6-295c38e73c9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Look, you can dismiss off executive orders, legislation and a long history of going out of his way to support minorities as mere "photo ops" as much as you like, but don't expect any serious person to take that as a meaningful or logical rebuttal. The notion that a racist would have supported the black community (to the degree that he did) for a photo op is absurd, given his support furthered their efforts. It's beyond ridiculous.

'out of his way'? Depends what you mean by out of his way. If you mean a PR exercise then he has excelled. If you mean on a genuine empathetic public servant level then only the blind would read it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Using the analogy that someone has Black friends and therefore isn't racist is akin to a defense plea of a serial killer claiming they've friends who are alive and is therefore innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that Donald trumps campaign are secretly paying both his adult sons significant others $180,000 a year for some reason. This family has one set of rules for itself and the actual rules for most other people. Ivanka went to a second home even though her reasons for going didn't fall into a category of exemptions in the state of New Jersey. I mean trump thinks postal voting is bad yet he did it himself two years ago, and when asked he didn't miss a best and said well he's allowed to.

The GOP strategy was clearly on show in the Georgia governors race where the person in charge of the election in Brian kemp purged voter rolls because signatures weren't exactly the same I seem to recall them saying. For something that America goes on ad nasuem about democracy and the right to vote seems less like a right and not especially democratic, yet they complain about other country's elections.

• Advertisement

No offence, but it's clear you know zero about racism - about what it is, about how it's perpetuated, about its effects.

Your posts remind me of a particular episode of Father Ted.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yup. He won't have liked being told by Cuomo to stop watching telly and start working. Nobody gets in between Don and his daily dose of TV.

He thinks it's a great big reality TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh and just a heads up so people can avoid the news he's supposed to be hold a press briefing at 5pm ET so 10pm Irish time is the time to avoid the tv if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

1976: Humanitarian Award by the National Jewish Health;
    1983 Tree of Life Award by the Jewish National Fund;
    1986 Ellis Island Award given to Trump, Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali;
    1995 President’s Medal by the Freedom Foundation (Washington) for his support of youth programs;
    2007 Muhammad Ali Entrepreneur Award;
    2008 Unicorn Children’s Foundation Shining Star Award;
    2011 Presidential Hero Award by the Lois Pope Life Foundation;
    2015 The Algemeiner Liberty Award for contributions to Israel-United States relations.

I presume nicked from here: https://www.superiortelegram.com/opinion/letters/4686039-Letter-Those-accusing-Trump-of-racism-ignore-his-record

I had to have a look at a couple.
    First one I checked "1986 Ellis Island Award given to Trump, Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali"
    Trump was honored for his work as a successful developer in New York City and his German heritage, Coca said, not for helping inner city youth.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2601590439

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He thinks it's a great big reality TV show

At this stage, he probably has a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I've always found the conversation about whether Trump is a racist, at least in the context of demographics within America, to be interesting. Personally, I think if one was to accuse him of suffering from any kind of discriminatory attitude, it'd be one which is far more base, classism. You put a rich person of colour who holds a degree of power and a poor white person in front of him and I could almost guarantee you who he'd be trying to ingratiate himself with.

That being said, the occasional references to the Young Black Leadership Summits held at the White House are god damn hilarious. They're events organised by Turning Point USA, an organisation whose only redeeming feature is they had enough sense to get rid of Candace Owens. Finally, a successful Blexit, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

On the issue of Don Trump using black Americans to further his ambition for re-election, Stephen Moore's description of the protestors against the Stay-At-Home orders of some governors as modern-day Rosa Parks takes some neck.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-rosa-parks-stephen-moore-gridlock-donald-trump-a9472381.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Don is full of spice tonight... I predict heated questions

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: No more one-liners please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

'Sources say'. He is happy to go with sources if their coverage is favorable to him. Otherwise they are fake news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement