Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Incitement to armed protesters by saying their second amendment rights are under attack too.

Well that's just straight out of Mussolini playbook with the Squadristi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

It looks like Trump is using this crisis as a way to launder a lot of money, this appears nothing short of revolting.

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/18/trump-admin-awards-n95-contract-far-above-normal-price-to-bankrupt-company-with-no-employees-report/
    Trump admin awards N95 contract far above normal price to bankrupt company with no employees: report

Trump administration awarded an N95 mask procurement contract worth eight times the usual price to a bankrupt company with no employees which has never even manufactured the respirator masks, according to a new report.

The company, Panthera, claims to provide tactical training and "mission support" for the Department of Defense and other government agencies. However, it has no experience with manufacturing or medical equipment, The Washington Post reported this week. Panthera's parent company filed for bankruptcy in the fall, and it has not employed anyone since May 2018.

According to the contract terms, FEMA will pay Panthera $55 million for 10 million N95 respirator masks, or $5.50 a mask. 3M, one of the nation's largest manufacturers, charges the government between $0.63 and $1.50 per N95 mask, depending on the model. Prestige Ameritech, the largest U.S. mask manufacturer, charged FEMA about $0.80 cents per mask in an order of 12 million.

In response to questions about persistent mask shortages, President Donald Trump suggested, without evidence, that individuals might be taking the masks "out the back door" of hospitals. The president also often complains that healthcare workers will not sanitize masks for multiple uses.

FEMA are claiming this company is a distributor and not a producer, meaning the best case scenario is that they are getting these masks at a low cost and then selling them for about 5 times what anyone else is.

This remind me of a few similar cases seen during the Puerto Rico disaster not too long back.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Cut out the personal attacks

Play the ball not the man

Cards will be next

• Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭briany

Incitement to armed protesters by saying their second amendment rights are under attack too.

And unfortunately that's nothing new because when he was on the campaign trail back in 2016, he was riling up the second amendment crowd over gun control and insinuating they should take up arms if Hillary came for their guns.

Trump doesn't give a f***. As I've said before, I think he'd be ringleading the protests if he lost the election in November. No retiring to a quiet life for him. He'd be founding his own news network and holding weekly rallies (assuming the Covid fear has died down, of course). He'd start another American Civil War if he thought it'd keep his profile high.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Several posts deleted and a ban has been issued. No more sniping please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

briany wrote: »
    And unfortunately that's nothing new because when he was on the campaign trail back in 2016, he was riling up the second amendment crowd over gun control and insinuating they should take up arms if Hillary came for their guns.

Trump doesn't give a f***. As I've said before, I think he'd be ringleading the protests if he lost the election in November. No retiring to a quiet life for him. He'd be founding his own news network and holding weekly rallies (assuming the Covid fear has died down, of course). He'd start another American Civil War if he thought it'd keep his profile high.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a weekly slot on Fox News called 'The President Speaks' once he is out of office.

He is going to re-write the book on former presidents carrying themselves with dignity, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

briany wrote: »

Or the bracelets off him.
    Remember Trump is looking at two pretty serious charges (off the top of my head) being placed on him that have been deferred due to him being sitting president. Campaign finance Violations (unnamed indicted co-conspirator in the Cohen case) and Obstruction of Justice based off Mueller's direction in his testimony).
    He'll continue forment distrust in the justice system ('it's all a hoax') so when he does leave office, he's banking on some kind of protection from them types since he's had the senate majority protecting him currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a weekly slot on Fox News called 'The President Speaks' once he is out of office.

He is going to re-write the book on former presidents carrying themselves with dignity, that's for sure.

I'd imagine he will continue with his idea of having a media outlet that is to the right of fox based on his brand.

Sinclair broadcast network may be a potential partner in that. He isn't capable of carrying himself with dignity so yeah, it will be a **** show alright but at least he will be out of office. He becomes no less relevant to his base but a whole lot less relevant to everybody else.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I watched an interesting segment on CNN earlier where Brian Stelter interviewed Piers Morgan who has been a friend of Donald Trump for years. Piers had some very good advice for his friend that echoes what many of us have been saying in here about Trump's nightly craziness on the Administration's Covid response.

It's worth a watch, even if Piers normally makes you sick. I wonder will Trump listen and take heed...

https://youtu.be/jv1gCFy3iMI

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I watched an interesting segment on CNN earlier where Brian Stelter interviewed Piers Morgan who has been a friend of Donald Trump for years. Piers had some very good advice for his friend that echoes what many of us have been saying in here about Trump's nightly craziness on the Administration's Covid response.

It's worth a watch, even if Piers normally makes you sick. I wonder will Trump listen and take heed...

https://youtu.be/jv1gCFy3iMI

Well not normally a fan of Piers Morgan but with the coronavirus he seems to be on the side of the majority.

Edit: just watched it and piers Morgan may have to consider trump a former friend after that interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well not normally a fan of Piers Morgan but with the coronavirus he seems to be on the side of the majority.

Odd that he is risking his access to Trump by being a dissenting voice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Edit: just watched it and piers Morgan may have to consider trump a former friend after that interview.

Embedded:

Will Trump even see it? I'm not sure he watches CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Odd that he is risking his access to Trump by being a dissenting voice

Piers Morgan has no other motive than to be the centre of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Morgan is always on the side of the majority. He is blowing smoke up the ass of Trump and Johnson one minute and then hammering them the next minute. He is as much a narcissist as them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can't help but think that Piers is band wagoning a bit on what is now an obvious position in both the UK and the US.

His previous support for both Trump and the Tory government can't be ignored. In that interview above, he still spoke about what Trump needs to do in order to win the election in November. If Piers was being honest, he would have said Trumps behaviour (as with Johnsons) has shown them to be unfit for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭eire4

Can't help but think that Piers is band wagoning a bit on what is now an obvious position in both the UK and the US.

His previous support for both Trump and the Tory government can't be ignored. In that interview above, he still spoke about what Trump needs to do in order to win the election in November. If Piers was being honest, he would have said Trumps behaviour (as with Johnsons) has shown them to be unfit for the role.

He behaves a bit like Lindsey Graham in how he flips at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I absolutely hate Piers Morgan but he's quite right in what he said in that interview, even if he didn't mean a word of what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

everlast75 wrote: »
    Do I have to spell it out for you?

Firing of any people who criticize him.

Surrounding himself with fawning sycophants.

Removal of Inspector Generals.

Exposure of whistleblowers.

Appointment of judges from whom he expects favorable results.

Criticism of the free press.

Affiliation and admiration of out and out tyrants. It goes further in fact. There is envy.

So, you can dismiss these as ridiculous but the writing is on the wall and it is absolute nonsense to ignore it.

None of this looks like power grab. This stuff looks rather tame to be honest.

Politicians criticising the press... eh that happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

40,000 plus dead in the US, and Trump wants the country to get back to work!!!???

Without bothering going through them one by one or adding my own to them, if NONE of them look like a power grab at all to you then nothing will to be honest and a made up mind is pointless to change. Or to put it in the nicest terms I can, the mask is gone, it fell off when you clicked post.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

40,000 plus dead in the US, and Trump wants the country to get back to work!!!???

Trump wants to get re-elected, that's all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Don't be disingenuous, you know Trump's attacks on the press has been more than mere criticism. "Enemy of the People" n all.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Don't be disingenuous, you know Trump's attacks on the press has been more than mere criticism. "Enemy of the People" n all.

I am quite confident he choose that one as it was an easy bait to move off having to defend a position where you state that purging the system of those who are not loyal to you (rather than the country) or stacking the judiciary with judges that all share a specific viewpoint and would presumably rule in your favour should the need arise for example, firing AG's who do not break or bend enough rules to defend you (not their job) and cry out for your own Roy Cohen etc and the countless other actions he carried out look ANYTHING LIKE A POWER GRAB.

Something Trump would do actually, fair play. Grab hold of the narrative and direct it toward a place you feel you have advantage. This is before you even get into how Trump has been a little worse than simple "critical of press" or whatever he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What time's tonight clown show due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What time's tonight clown show due to start?

20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭eire4

His provocative tweets saying Liberate Minnesota, Virginia etc were outright criminal IMHO as he is inciting directly people to behave in a manner that could well lead to violence and at the very least will spread the virus and kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

MSN covering Huntington Beach, California anti-lockdown protest yesterday and it's well-equipped participants. Don should be proud of this gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Really angry to see people in the US having to ration their medications eg insulin, as the Govn't payments haven't come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Water John wrote: »
    Really angry to see people in the US having to ration their medications eg insulin, as the Govn't payments haven't come through.

The cheques will at least have his tremendous signature on them.

---

Earlier in this thread I asked why everybody was getting cheques rather than getting the lodgements put into their account instead as it seemed a bit inefficient in 2020, but it is ‘Murica anyway…

I was looking at one of the press conferences last week and in the YouTube comments on the right hand side a statement by someone who was is obviously of Trumpian bent stated that “no way would I get my $1200 put into my account because I don't want the deep state IRS to have any of my details; always a cheque thank you very much.

I mean, does he know how cheque-clearing works?

They truly are a special people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    20 mins.

When the Q&A starts can you guys holler.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement