Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

When the Q&A starts can you guys holler.

Nothing has started yet never mind the Q&A lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

aloyisious wrote: »
    MSN covering Huntington Beach, California anti-lockdown protest yesterday and it's well-equipped participants. Don should be proud of this gent.

Did they really mean 'profit over people' or did they get it arseways?
    The cheques will at least have his tremendous signature on them.

And what a fine signature it is.

1127749022.jpg.0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Earlier in this thread I asked why everybody was getting cheques rather than getting the lodgements put into their account instead as it seemed a bit inefficient in 2020, but it is ‘Murica anyway…
    Over 14 million American adults do not have a bank account, of which I would imagine a large majority are welfare recipients. In Mississippi (the worst for this) almost 1 in 5 adults do not have a bank account. These people are called 'unbanked'.

An estimated 55 million are 'underbanked', which are people who may or may not have a still active account and who use pay day lenders or cash cheques services instead. This is why if you have ever been to the US you see such a crazy number of these types of (typically extremely predatory) businesses up and down the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Over 14 million American adults do not have a bank account, of which I would imagine a large majority are welfare recipients. In Mississippi (the worst for this) almost 1 in 5 adults do not have a bank account. These people are called 'unbanked'.

An estimated 55 million are 'underbanked', which are people who may or may not have a still active account and who use pay day lenders or cash cheques services instead. This is why if you have ever been to the US you see such a crazy number of these types of (typically extremely predatory) businesses up and down the streets.

I knew the numbers were bad, but never envisaged it that badly!

But the particular observatuon on YT was a guy who HAD a bank account and was just clearly tapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This is the level some Trump supporters are at!

Imagine having such a poor grasp of fiscal policy that you think Trump is actually the source of those stimulus cheques!!!

https://twitter.com/cheristandsup/status/1251550550384087040?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Don is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I knew the numbers were bad, but never envisaged it that badly!

But the particular observatuon on YT was a guy who HAD a bank account and was just clearly tapped.

Oh yeah, well it's a but if a given that a good few Trump supporters are predisposed to... Let's say, their own problems. I think the protests are evidence enough of that, and is also why they are regularly targeted by disinformation assaults from their own government all the way to Russian troll farms (and these protests have a serious reek of TENGOP to me - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/19/16504510/ten-gop-twitter-russia - and their 'lock her up' rallies - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/02/16/mueller-indictment-hillary-clinton-key-findings-415692 )

I'm not sure if it was you, but someone links to an excellent post about it on reddit, last night I think. These are scared, simple minds easily swayed and manipulated so long as you make them feel 'strong'. Hence assault rifles all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The Don is on.

Straight into the banter and how tired he is from trying to "win".
    He doesn't even mention the poor people they lost?

What is the difference between that swab and the Q-tip out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252002891742826496?s=19

If you can't see that this is beyond ****ing pathetic, then I've no interest in your opinion on anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

kowloon wrote: »
    Did they really mean 'profit over people' or did they get it arseways?

And what a fine signature it is.

1127749022.jpg.0.jpg

There used to be a trick that Jack Charlton played post Italia 90.
    Jack would walk in to a pub and buy everyone a drink. He'd then proceed to pay for the round with a cheque, banking on the publican wouldn't cash the cheque itself because of the story behind it.
    Could be an urban myth, but Trump is a fan of those myths and conspiracies

Oh dear God this is other levels of cringe tonight.

Cuomo must have complimented the federal gov in the video he was trying to show but there must have been a technical issue and the video cut off. He's so disappointed!! This is unbelievable watching every night.

duploelabs wrote: »
    There used to be a trick that Jack Charlton played post Italia 90.
    Jack would walk in to a pub and buy everyone a drink. He'd then proceed to pay for the round with a cheque, banking on the publican wouldn't cash the cheque itself because of the story behind it.
    Could be an urban myth, but Trump is a fan of those myths and conspiracies

I think I heard a similar story about Salvador Dali, he would draw something on the back of the cheque so it wouldn't be cashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

The cheques will at least have his tremendous signature on them.

It would be a lot more appropriate for Trump's signature to be on the death certificates of the 40,000 plus people who have died of COVID-19.

No substance to what he is saying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No substance to what he is saying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think it was Penn Jillette who said when he was on Celebrity Apprentice they would just film him rambling for a few hours and edit it down to a few mins of something more comprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is that presser live on CNN now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Without bothering going through them one by one or adding my own to them, if NONE of them look like a power grab at all to you then nothing will to be honest and a made up mind is pointless to change. Or to put it in the nicest terms I can, the mask is gone, it fell off when you clicked post.

I'm disputing the power grab term.

What mask?

Do you think politicians criticising the media is worthy of a power grab description?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Is that presser live on CNN now?

Only after Trump had said his bit, did they join in..

Oh yeah, well it's a but if a given that a good few Trump supporters are predisposed to... Let's say, their own problems. I think the protests are evidence enough of that, and is also why they are regularly targeted by disinformation assaults from their own government all the way to Russian troll farms (and these protests have a serious reek of TENGOP to me - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/19/16504510/ten-gop-twitter-russia - and their 'lock her up' rallies - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/02/16/mueller-indictment-hillary-clinton-key-findings-415692 )

I'm not sure if it was you, but someone links to an excellent post about it on reddit, last night I think. These are scared, simple minds easily swayed and manipulated so long as you make them feel 'strong'. Hence assault rifles all over the shop.

It wasn't myself, but I did end up staying awake for hours reading the threads. Mad stuff altogether!

• Advertisement

He just blurts out a load of waffle and waves his hands about

signostic wrote: »
    Only after Trump had said his bit, did they join in..

Missed what he had to say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I suspect a large junk of these people don't vote if they don't even have bank accounts. So it's doubtful they support anyone. They're the ones struggling to pay bills, which neither of the main parties gives a toss about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Promoting panic gun buying

If Biden gets in Japan, iran, Mexico, china and Canada would own America.

What the actual ****.

He also hates mosquitos

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not watching but the times of Israel has a story that US intellegence know something was a foot in china regarding the coronavirus in November of last year and they decided to do nothing on it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Promoting panic gun buying

If Biden gets in Japan, iran, Mexico, china and Canada would own America.

What the actual ****.

He also hates mosquitos

But Russia wouldn't? See his priorities?

Always hiding in plain sight.

What did he do?

Though that could be just a primal scream there mickey!

Just his general wallyness

Oh look.......Michael Stipe is part of the conference

As Trump himself would say, this reopening he is talking about is a hoax.

• Advertisement

Did he just mention Asians to an Asian journalist?? F**kwit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement