Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252204786059018240?s=20

Someone has to take his phone away from him.

It’s a pretty funny ad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You'd have to question your belief system if you voluntarily went to a voting booth and cast your ballot for someone like Trump. I really find it hard to understand how any sane person could do that, regardless of his election opponent.
    Well seeing how the protesters against the Covid isolation write on their trucks "Jesus is my vaccine" I think it's safe to say facts and figures don't play a big part in their daily life or worldview.

https://twitter.com/miguelmarquez/status/1252262768591491072

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You'd have to question your belief system if you voluntarily went to a voting booth and cast your ballot for someone like Trump. I really find it hard to understand how any sane person could do that, regardless of his election opponent.

40% of the people will tick X for the Republican without even having to think about who the candidate is. It's not so much party politics, as identity politics. Many educated and otherwise people in the US abhor to various degrees the idea of government influence in their lives.

There's a similar bandwidth on the Democrat side who will always vote for their nomination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nody wrote: »
    Well seeing how the protesters against the Covid isolation write on their trucks "Jesus is my vaccine" I think it's safe to say facts and figures don't play a big part in their daily life or worldview.

https://twitter.com/miguelmarquez/status/1252262768591491072

I'd scarcely call myself a hypochondriac, and I've been at pains to keep my distance when I go out. At least here we have broad public adherence to the lockdown making it "easy": I feel sorry for those in the US trying to do the same while surrounded by those who'd wear their disobedience like a medal. American individualism has finally shown a key flaw and my sympathy goes out to those doing their best over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

For the most part I actually say more power to those who want to congregate and protest like that. That is natural selection in action right there, the information is there if you choose to ignore it then off you go. The people who need the do not drink label on the bleach bottle are protected from their own ignorance or stupidity as much as humanly possible at this point. Let them at it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For the most part I actually say more power to those who want to congregate and protest like that. That is natural selection in action right there, the information is there if you choose to ignore it then off you go. The people who need the do not drink label on the bleach bottle are protected from their own ignorance or stupidity as much as humanly possible at this point. Let them at it.

Nope. Easy to say but we don't know what those people do for a living, or what their social network looks like. Drinking bleach only hurts the drinker, whereas these idiots are putting themselves and everyone in their daily interactions at risk. No less flippant than the "let them shoot each other" argument re. criminal gangs here. The protests should be disbanded with prejudice, though that would probably just martyr the whole cause, Tucker Carlson feigning outrage at their rights being impugned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1252345491464962056

Incredible when you see the oil drop today on a chart. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

40% of the people will tick X for the Republican without even having to think about who the candidate is. It's not so much party politics, as identity politics. Many educated and otherwise people in the US abhor to various degrees the idea of government influence in their lives.

There's a similar bandwidth on the Democrat side who will always vote for their nomination.

This is true . Staunch republicans or democrats. Doesn’t matter who the leader is

pixelburp wrote: »
    Nope. Easy to say but we don't know what those people do for a living, or what their social network looks like. Drinking bleach only hurts the drinker, whereas these idiots are putting themselves and everyone in their daily interactions at risk. No less flippant than the "let them shoot each other" argument re. criminal gangs here. The protests should be disbanded with prejudice, though that would probably just martyr the whole cause, Tucker Carlson feigning outrage at their rights being impugned.

They most likely mix with their own type of people and I genuinely feel like, leave them at it. I sway back and forth on this so tomorrow may be different but that's how I feel.

We may not know what they do for a living or what their social media looks like or how educated they are or any of that stuff, but it is what it is in my eyes. Leave them to it, leave them mix among their own. They will learn, the hard way as they say. Be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

They will also contribute to shrinking the vote share for Trump in certain swing states and again, I know what I am saying seems callous and horrible and it probably is but it is how I feel right now. I have sympathy still for those who are duped and those who are unable to critically think or look outside the daddy of all the mainstream media, Fox news, for their info but sometimes you just have to cut people loose. You can't save everyone from themselves.

It won't take long, I am not wishing death on them all for the record. Michigan is now the 3rd hardest hit state in the country I believe, with either cases or deaths and I am certain that once these people feel the virus hit them and those they care about they will start to think twice and this may spread to others who live in that bubble, there is always hope but I would just leave them to it and let nature take its course.

They shouldn't be interacting with many people in their daily lives who are adhering to social distancing and stay at home orders.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

"Millions, more than any other country, add them all up and they don't catch us." - Trump on testing, just there now. He can just ramble on saying anything :) Facts and data be damned.

Roll on the Q and A !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dope

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    This is true . Staunch republicans or democrats. Doesn’t matter who the leader is

Its actually less, its closer to about 30% for each party. The biggest section of voters in the country is the independents or swing voters who represent roughly 40% of the voters and decide each election.

The overall point doesn't change, but I would say that it is different for Democrats and Republicans. Republicans, sure they have shown they will vote for anything with an (R) next to the name. Holding the nose, mental gymnastics, whatever it takes they will do that. Democrats don't, the protest vote in 2016 who just voted for nobody or Jill feckin Stein show you that more the Democrat voting base do not just vote for any Dem that's put forward. This is another reason why Republicans went on such a tear from 2010 onward in terms of electoral victories, well beyond what is normal for the opposition party.

They may fight among themselves but when it comes to the crunch they get out and vote for their team because they are clear eyed on who their real enemy is and they don't need a perfect candidate, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the US actually from the last time I looked. They just do a better job getting the votes out (and suppress the other of course). Democrats are often too quick to take one character flaw, or latch onto one imperfection or thing that makes them uncomfortable and thats it, that person has to go away. That comedian who became a Democratic Senator, who actually did a good job but name escapes me right now and resigned when the lynch mob descended from the picture he posted as a comedian years beforehand with the sleeping soldier would still be in office if he was a Republican without a shadow of a doubt and the wagons would have been circled around him. Al Franken!

There are different rules for the parties, and that is down to the voters they appeal to I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This is erm... Pure normal in a functioning western country .

https://mobile.twitter.com/shanedunlap/status/1252273164274536449

Liberate them wha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

They most likely mix with their own type of people and I genuinely feel like, leave them at it. I sway back and forth on this so tomorrow may be different but that's how I feel.

We may not know what they do for a living or what their social media looks like or how educated they are or any of that stuff, but it is what it is in my eyes. Leave them to it, leave them mix among their own. They will learn, the hard way as they say. Be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

They will also contribute to shrinking the vote share for Trump in certain swing states and again, I know what I am saying seems callous and horrible and it probably is but it is how I feel right now. I have sympathy still for those who are duped and those who are unable to critically think or look outside the daddy of all the mainstream media, Fox news, for their info but sometimes you just have to cut people loose. You can't save everyone from themselves.

It won't take long, I am not wishing death on them all for the record. Michigan is now the 3rd hardest hit state in the country I believe, with either cases or deaths and I am certain that once these people feel the virus hit them and those they care about they will start to think twice and this may spread to others who live in that bubble, there is always hope but I would just leave them to it and let nature take its course.

They shouldn't be interacting with many people in their daily lives who are adhering to social distancing and stay at home orders.

I'd have a lot of sympathy for this point of view and would be quite happy for them to cull themselves if it ended there.

However, as soon as one of these Neanderthals are infected , they'll be straight into the health service and further stressing an already over-stretched system. Think of all the front line health professionals being killed by Covid potentially getting infected by one of these morons.. And THAT'S the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How many grizzly bears and mountain lions wander around New York or Los Angeles?

Give it a lockdown and some time and there will be mountain lions trotting around LA. There's already a huge amount of cougars roaming the place.

kowloon wrote: »
    Give it a lockdown and some time and there will be mountain lions trotting around LA. There's already a huge amount of cougars roaming the place.

I think the cougars use sites like Tinder these days rather than roaming wild...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'd have a lot of sympathy for this point of view and would be quite happy for them to cull themselves if it ended there.

However, as soon as one of these Neanderthals are infected , they'll be straight into the health service and further stressing an already over-stretched system. Think of all the front line health professionals being killed by Covid potentially getting infected by one of these morons.. And THAT'S the issue for me.

I agree. The way I see it is if they were stupid enough to think they would not get the virus or that it would not kill them or make them very ill and they keep acting if everything is normal and get it because of this then why should some health worker have to put his or her life at risk for this idiot? It is a selfish, mean and disgraceful way to act If they are stupid enough to go on like that then maybe the world would be better without them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Zzzzzzzz......he's such a SPOOFER

Did they get rid of Fauci?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

AMKC wrote: »
    The way I see it is if they were stupid enough to think they would not get the virus or that it would not kill them or make them very ill and they keep acting if everything is normal and get it because of this then why should some health worker have to put his or her life at risk for this idiot?
    Thankfully healthcare workers don't think like that, and don't refuse treatment because of stupid behaviour of patients.

• Advertisement

Hope not. He's probably the only one who speaks sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bloody Nora, was I was going report that post for memes, but ... like. It's an official tweet from the US president. I had to stop and think if that technically went against the charter because IIRC his tweets are official record (or were: I think that might have been stopped after the volume became laughable).

I had some thoughts about Don's twitter account, the one he's using with the I/D of @RealDonaldTrump. If he opened it with Twitter and agreed to Twitters rules on its use before he became President, say before June 2015 when he announced [via twitter] his run for the presidency, then it might NOT have Presidential privilege if he was using it before becoming president. He might have used an entirely different twitter account back in June 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I think the cougars use sites like Tinder these days rather than roaming wild...:D

So glad someone got that before it was pointed out cougars are mountain lions :D
    serfboard wrote: »
    Thankfully healthcare workers don't think like that, and don't refuse treatment because of stupid behaviour of patients.

I'd be in an urn by now if they did.

Has someone told Don to dial back the personaL attacks on the reporters? It seems like it so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

listermint wrote: »
    This is erm... Pure normal in a functioning western country .
    https://mobile.twitter.com/shanedunlap/status/1252273164274536449
    I wonder would the white cops have been that tolerant if it was a group of black guys going around wielding guns like that. Somehow, I suspect not.

"Did I have a rally? What's a rally? Are you a rally?"

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1252345491464962056

Incredible when you see the oil drop today on a chart. Insane.

Incredible also when Saudi Arabia and Russia were undercutting each other and OPEC in a row over a new deal. I thought that a price war would be good for the US driver and economy, and could be used to buy oil for the U.S reserves when it was going cheap.

Edit: I think the U.S probably has a glut of oil now that there's a mini-recession and a sharp reduction in travel/use of vehicles AND that the U.S is probably running out of storage space for its product. So there's [I think] two ways out of this for the Admin & US oil Co's. Reduce the production rate and use the excess it has as a weapon against the other producers who obviously don't give a fig for the U.S AND use the excess as a strategic barter tool with countries who have materiel the U.S needs now and who also want oil to keep the wheels of their industries running. Use U.S engineers expert in water, crops etc as advisors in those countries as pals would. The CDC is already in country helping the countries with Ebola and other natural disasters.

I have no idea how else the U.S is going to be able to reduce the unused oil product caused by the Covid-19 outbreak.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-13/trump-s-oil-deal-the-inside-story-of-how-the-price-war-ended

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/business/energy-environment/opec-russia-saudi-arabia-oil-coronavirus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

CNN chyron
    US DEATHS DOUBLES IN A WEEK
    while Trump is praising himself

Did he just say "if we didn't have the guard up, AND HAD RIDDEN IT OUT we'd have had a million dead" after he advised in Feb/March to ride it out AND now suggesting to open things up again while railing against the governors who have the power to keep the GUARD UP by staying in lockdown? He's not just in denial, he's sick in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It will be 50k total deaths in US before the end of this week no matter what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement