Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

More testing then everybody combined ?

He's been saying it all week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? It would be interesting to check that. That you're gonna have to use medical doctors with."

His supporters are going to drink bleach, aren't they?
    While shining a torch up their butthole to kill it with light.

The level of stupidity on show again is astounding. It’s like a kid who found a ticket in a cereal box to be president for a day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Andrew Cuomo's response to McConnell this evening was another example of what's sorely lacking in US politics.

If someone with that kind of attitude ran against Trump they'd easily win 30+ states.

Proper leadership.

McConnell doesn't get called out nearly enough for the utter destruction he is causing to the country he is supposed to be a "representative" of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Now trying to flog ventilators :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

fullstop wrote: »
    The level of stupidity on show again is astounding. It’s like a kid who found a ticket in a cereal box to be president for a day.

It's mind boggling.

I would sign up to some subscription for behind the scenes chats with him and other people. Meetings he has with Fauci, Birx et al. It would be a great watch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? It would be interesting to check that. That you're gonna have to use medical doctors with."

No doubt some of the more mentally deficient ones will give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Before the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

What network is the guy the beard from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trump getting a little sour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What he says has little to no relationship with reality.

From there'll be 15 cases, to, in could have been 1 or 2 million deaths.

Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 William Legrande

Who's the 'sleepy guy in a basement' that he's waffling on about? Biden?

There was a guy from Homeland Security on earlier saying that sunlight kills the virus, probably press-ganged into it.

He was then asked why the virus was prevalent in New Orleans. He did not like that one bit.

He went on to ignorantly ignore many reporters' questions like the vulgar braggart that he is.

CNN just now called the entire circus "Trump's Travelling Medicine Show" with "snake oil ideas".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 William Legrande

marno21 wrote: »
    Andrew Cuomo's response to McConnell this evening was another example of what's sorely lacking in US politics.

If someone with that kind of attitude ran against Trump they'd easily win 30+ states.

Proper leadership.

McConnell doesn't get called out nearly enough for the utter destruction he is causing to the country he is supposed to be a "representative" of.

Would love to see Trump and Cuomo go toe-to-toe.

It would be a thing of exquisite beauty. Trump would be a quivering, shaking, mumbling, twitching heap on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    It's mind boggling.

I would sign up to some subscription for behind the scenes chats with him and other people. Meetings he has with Fauci, Birx et al. It would be a great watch.

He would probably be all for it if you promised high ratings....only for a secret service agent/WH staff to lean in a remind him it would be a colossal security breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

is he suggesting drinking disinfectant and standing in the sun?

I look forward to the "what Trump really meant" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Here's the clip, in case you didn't believe it when you read that..

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1253448138813173760?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

everlast75 wrote: »
    Here's the clip, in case you didn't believe it when you read that..

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1253448138813173760?s=20

At least he specified it would be medical doctors looking into it

Look, I get why he is so desperate to find a quick fix for this. Spoiler alert - it isn't on any emotional level relating to the pain and suffering it is causing. He wants the economy back on its feet so that he can run on it in November.

I would have a modicum of respect for the guy if he took to the podium and lied and said that he felt the pain the american people felt, that he understood their concern for their family, that he appreciated the financial burden they were under, that he was aware that they wanted to be back working hard to get the US back on her feet, but that in these uncertain times, we need to listen to those who have the facts, have the experience and knowledge needed to tackle this dire threat to the health to the nation; that sometimes, it is difficult to hear the information when it is not good news; that he would love to be in a position to let them know when this will be all over, but that realistically this is a marathon and not a sprint; that people should rest assured that every resource at the federal and state level, which is considerable, is focused solely on beating this virus and they will not relent until it happens.

But no - we get this 2 hour sh1t show of "try this drug, what do you have to lose", "I am so smart", personal attacks on reporters, cries of "fake news" and "look at my ratings" and the latest word salad that could be taken as "here, drink bleach".

An absolute joke of a man.

I look forward to the "what Trump really meant" posts.

Bet they'll treat it as a credible treatment

Let's look at a real time reaction to what he was saying....

https://twitter.com/Damejones11/status/1253500416941154304?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

even by his standards that is way way way out there, totally unhinged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trumps 2 biggest supporters on here will be on shortly to tell you "what he really meant" and that he has "misspoken" (something he tends to do every night with his ridiculous testing claim) and how he is in fact right! Be prepared for links to various (very dubious) pro Trump sites that will of course have tenuous (to say the least) "evidence" that what he is saying is plausible.

Trumps 2 biggest supporters on here will be on shortly to tell you "what he really meant" and that he has "misspoken" (something he tends to do every night with his ridiculous testing claim) and how he is in fact right! Be prepared for links to various (very dubious) pro Trump sites that will of course have tenuous (to say the least) "evidence" that what he is saying is plausible.

i remember when he tweeted about his ratings during the outbreak and a guy tweeted a reply 'trump 2020 #nomatterwhat'
    imagine saying no matter what

ingesting disinfectant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Set out the floor mats, pommel horses, and springboards. Or is he just given bad advice this time chaps (as you've claimed before)?

If it's just the latter, then why does he claim he surrounds himself with the best people?

He's incompetent at best

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump is a visionary, his plan of flooding the lungs with disinfectant to kill the virus is clearly the solution we have been looking for

Most people think that might drown a person, but have you considered the possibility of using liquid oxygen to mix with the bleach?

Sure it might be a bit chilly but then you can use lasers to heat up the frozen bits again so it’s all good

Or maybe a microwave, a medical doctor should do that part

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I'm not sure if this is against the charter but at what point do we get to say, 'yes, he's an idiot'.

The more I see the more I come to the conclusion that he's not that bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

peteeeed wrote: »
    Technically it probably would kill the virus but........

No buts if it works it should be rolled out.

salmocab wrote: »

everyone who tries it will be rolled out

salmocab wrote: »

And to lead by example Trump should be the first recipient...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Akrasia wrote: »
    Sure it might be a bit chilly but then you can use lasers to heat up the frozen bits again so it’s all good

But wasn't there something about sunlight too.

Couldn't that offset the slight drop in temperature caused by the liquid oxygen.

And you could probably warm up the liquid oxygen just a bit before administering it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Midlife wrote: »
    The more I see the more I come to the conclusion that he's not that bright.

Back in the day, lots of people used to say Dubya was a bit thick, and there was a chorus who would reply that you don't get to be President if you're stupid.

Trump has put that one to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement