Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

VinLieger wrote: »
    No no the rules are we have to wait for the daily talking points emails to go out so we can then be told by his supporters what he meant to say or how it was meant to be interpreted.

Unfortunately it looks like todays email may have sent a unready draft because the sarcasm defense seems to have taken even his supporters by surprise.

He didnt say anything tonight, the overtime bill must be too high so Trump was told to keep his mouth shut and give everyone a weekend off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Made a lot of people disappointed by not talking for an hour again tonight. They have nothing to complain about tomorrow. Although it's that predictable that they will complain about his lack of talking instead. He can't win
    Damned if he does. Damned if he don't

Think some of the Task Force have come across quite well IMO. Think they showed you can speak and answer questions and not be damned. Trump struggled with it obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Think some of the Task Force have come across quite well IMO. Think they showed you can speak and answer questions and not be damned. Trump struggled with it obviously.

Pence did a good job. I missed most of the others.

Do CNN have an article released yet complaining that Trump didn't say anything that they could spin 6 more articles on?

The journal.ie (worst news website in Europe) will have 4 trump articles tomorrow instead of 7

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trump has set a precedent here. Before this America has presidents of a certain calibre. From now on everyone will look at an American president and think yeah this guy is ok but what if we get another Trump in 2/3/4 years? F*ck that, let’s look to China for help instead. The CCP are going nowhere. Confidence of trust has been shattered.

Trumps botched handling of this is going to lead to a deep recession that probably won’t manifest itself fully until late this year as America will be grappling with this virus for most of 2020. Meanwhile the Chinese are back in business for over a month now.

This is it - For some time to come the US will still have the largest Military and a massive economy , but the damage that Trump has done in in soft leadership.

Other countries will no longer look to the US for direction or leadership in Global policy - They will look elsewhere , whether that elsewhere is China or the EU perhaps remains to be seen.

That's the loss - not a loss of direct power , but he has dealt the US a massive loss of influence.

Pence did a good job. I missed most of the others.

Do CNN have an article released yet complaining that Trump didn't say anything that they could spin 6 more articles on?

The journal.ie (worst news website in Europe) will have 4 trump articles tomorrow instead of 7

He did i felt. Has been good each night IMO. Donald struggled the most for sure.

I don't frequent CNN or the Journal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Going forward this man of few words is a better tactic since he will be hammered at every opportunity. Save the speeches for the election trail.

Better have someone think you're a fool than to open you mouth and remove all doubt, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Made a lot of people disappointed by not talking for an hour again tonight. They have nothing to complain about tomorrow. Although it's that predictable that they will complain about his lack of talking instead. He can't win

If he's going to stand in front of the world and make a fool of himself, people will report on it. His total lack of any redeeming qualities as a human being does mean that he'll always be a target for negative reporting, but it's not like he's doing himself any favours either, is he. The sooner he cancels those propaganda rallies from the White House, the better. They're doing nothing only making him into a global laughing stock, if he wasn't that already.

Better have someone think you're a fool than to open you mouth and remove all doubt, I suppose.

Indeed. A billionaire and elected to the most powerful position on the planet is being called a fool by some rando on an Irish forum.

If he ever found out he would surely be inconsolable

That's only because he's deficient in so many areas of human personal development. An average enough President like Bush, either of them or even Reagan would have been able to handle this without wondering to themselves if they should get their medical experts to look into getting disinfectant and UV rays into the human body.

They would never have had you feel so compelled to make such silly excuses as you are now.

That's only because he's deficient in so many areas of human personal development. An average enough President like Bush, either of them or even Reagan would have been able to handle this without wondering to themselves if they should get their medical experts to look into getting disinfectant and UV rays into the human body.

They would never have had you feel so compelled to make such silly excuses as you are now.

• Advertisement

Indeed. A billionaire and elected to the most powerful position on the planet is being called a fool by some rando on an Irish forum.

His status as a billionaire can only be taken at his word and this is the guy who thinks that it's a good idea to look into getting disinfectant and UV light into the innards of the human body. He also says a lot of things that are plainly untrue.

His status as a billionaire can only be taken at his word and this is the guy who thinks that it's a good idea to look into getting disinfectant and UV light into the innards of the human body. He also says a lot of things that are plainly untrue.

It is bothering you more than it should be. There is no point in repeating it to me. Peace

Do we have any proof that it wasn't mcmoustache that caused him to do a runner tonight :P

Going forward this man of few words is a better tactic since he will be hammered at every opportunity. Save the speeches for the election trail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Of course with Donald and his supporters that would need to be updated to

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to tweet and to remove all doubt

Do we have any proof that it wasn't mcmoustache that caused him to do a runner tonight :P

It's definitely possible. He seems pretty wound up by it all. Which is pointless. It's far far away . I'd be more concerned about Eamonn Ryan and whats beginning to take shape here to be honest. But that's for a different thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

banie01 wrote: »
    UV light for surface disinfection is a known and widely used technology.

It's used for rapid disinfection of a surgical instruments, rooms and other surface uses.

Unless and until that company produce a UV butt plug, I don't see how they are scammers?

Butt plug not needed:
    Cedars-Sinai-Developed ‘Healight' Medical Device Platform Technology Being Studied as a Potential First-in-Class COVID-19 Treatment

Led by Mark Pimentel, MD, the research team of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai has been developing the patent-pending Healight platform since 2016 and has produced a growing body of scientific evidence demonstrating pre-clinical safety and effectiveness of the technology as an antiviral and antibacterial treatment. The Healight technology employs proprietary methods of administering intermittent ultraviolet (UV) A light via a novel endotracheal medical device. Pre-clinical findings indicate the technology's significant impact on eradicating a wide range of viruses and bacteria, inclusive of coronavirus. The data have been the basis of discussions with the FDA for a near-term path to enable human use for the potential treatment of coronavirus in intubated patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). Beyond the initial pursuit of a coronavirus ICU indication, additional data suggest broader clinical applications for the technology across a range of viral and bacterial pathogens. This includes bacteria implicated in ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).

"Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells," stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai. Ali Rezaie, MD, one of the inventors of this technology states, "Our lab at Cedars-Sinai has extensively studied the effects of this unique technology on bacteria and viruses. Based on our findings we believe this therapeutic approach has the potential to significantly impact the high morbidity and mortality of coronavirus-infected patients and patients infected with other respiratory pathogens. We are looking forward to partnering with Aytu BioScience to move this technology forward for the benefit of patients all over the world."

Seems Trump's question wasn't so dumb after all.

It's definitely possible. He seems pretty wound up by it all. Which is pointless.

I didn't think that.
    I'd be more concerned about Eamonn Ryan and whats beginning to take shape here to be honest. But that's for a different thread

Indeed.

Back on topic. Here's Trump explaining what we watched last night :pac: Crystal clear!

I didn't think that.

Indeed.

Back on topic. Here's Trump explaining what we watched last night :pac: Crystal clear!

Did you read the post above my last one? Re the UV light.

Butt plug not needed:

If only Trump had the capacity beyond an 11 year old to explain that this is what he really meant

Butt plug not needed:

Is that what Trump meant about injecting disinfectant and UV light?

Or was this just the best fit that you could find for his ramblings?

I mean, he could have just stated the study if he was aware of it. Instead he said that people should look into getting disinfectants inside the body.

Hang on a minute, didn't he just say that he was being sarcastic? Did you miss that? At this point you should be trying to pretend that he was being sarcastic and that you knew all along.

I have a bad feeling that you went looking around the internet for something that was kind of closer to what Trump was suggesting and missed out on his comments a couple of hours ago where he said that he was being sarcastic.

Congratulations. He wasted your time.

• Advertisement

He wasted your time.

He's wasted a good few hours of your time too. Let's call a spade a spade

He's wasted a good few hours of your time too. Let's call a spade a spade

I had my fun. That's all that matters.

I had my fun. That's all that matters.

Goodnight Mrmoucstache Tomorrow is another day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

A lot of airtime given over to this latest Bullsh1t from trump. Question is, what was it done for? What did he need to draw attention away from?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You know, I know your sneer is just that but the funny thing is he is that much of a thin skinned insecure little man that probably would be bothered by it alright.

The world laughs at him, despots manipulate and toy with him, history will refer to him forever as the worst president to ever hold office (which is an achievement
    i'll grant you).

As I have said many a time, the sooner he can go back to having his pity parties and leave the actual grown up stuff to the non malignant narcissists in his administration the better. Ride out the last few months with them then and chuckle over the years to come where you get the staunchest supporters claiming they never supported the idiot.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wait, hang on now, has it already swung back to not being sarcasm or are you just behind in the information cascade? :confused:

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Wait, hang on now, has it already swung back to not being sarcasm or are you just behind in the information cascade? :confused:

It's like Michael Scott said something stupid and Dwight takes it upon himself to find something, anything to show that Michael wasn't being stupid.

Only that poor Dwight missed out on hearing that Michael was only joking and still rushed to his defenses only to find that that he was the butt of the joke at the end of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hahahahaa how long did it take you to find that Pete?? I admire your dedication to the cause. It's truly impressive, but Trump wasn't talking about that. It was just more of his usual verbal diarrhea. A word salad of whatever random bits of info he was able to remember from the briefing before the press conference. Everybody knows that UV light can kill viruses. It also causes cancer. I note those tests were pre clinical...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭amandstu

Very sarcastic apparently according to Trump.

Funny how no one else in the in the room got the point that he was being sarcastic towards them.

They must be extremely thick skinned.

Anyway ,yes it was is just sarcasm.He didn't really say mean it.(it was in context but the context was strong sarcasm even if that went over everyone's head)

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hahahahaa how long did it take you to find that Pete?? I admire your dedication to the cause. It's truly impressive, but Trump wasn't talking about that. It was just more of his usual verbal diarrhea. A word salad of whatever random bits of info he was able to remember from the briefing before the press conference. Everybody knows that UV light can kill viruses. It also causes cancer. I note those tests were pre clinical...

It took so long that he missed out on Trump admitting that he said what he said but that it was sarcasm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement