Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

peddlelies wrote: »
    Solely because of California. Moral victories and all that.

Is California not part of the US anymore? If you remove Texas from the count, she won close to 4 million more votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Penn wrote: »
    He even mentions her by name. "Deborah, have you ever heard of the heat and the light relative to..." etc
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1254146549627490304?s=09

As he says though, he's not a doctor, he's... like a person with a good... you know what...

Ability to tell lies and act like a toddler when called out on said lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

fullstop wrote: »
    I’m sure when Tony Holohan starts telling people that taking disinfectant or shining UV light inside the body can cure Coronavirus, or that we’re doing the best job the world has ever seen ever, he will get asked the sort of questions the man child is getting asked by the media.

Tony Holohan is the chief medical officer... not the President... your what/if is not applicable...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hilary got 3m more votes.

Trump welcomed and benefited from Russian interference.

How has he done on electoral promises?

He ran on "I will drain the swamp" and didn't.

He ran on a platform that he knew the best people and he did not.

He ran on building a wall and Mexico paying for it and that didn't happen.

He ran on locking Hilary up and hasn't.

He ran on halving the deficit and has increased it many times over.

He ran on repealing and replacing Obamacare and hasn't.

As for 2020...

His opponent in 2016 was hated. Biden isn't.

Trump has been impeached and with bloody good cause.

He is currently fighting 2 issues in the SC trying to hide his taxes and bank accounts, which should ripen just in time.

His personal lawyer is in jail. His campaign chair is in jail. His foreign advisor went to jail. His national security adviser is awaiting jail. His political ally is awaiting the start of his 40 month sentence.

Trump suffered the worst mid term defeat in 2018 since Nixon.

All he has is racist tropes and bullsh1t sales techniques. That works with 30% of the population.

Let's see what the other 70% say.

Yowzer. I can't argue against that.

I haven't decided yet.

It sounds like you're eminently qualified to replace him...

If not you, then who?

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Trump won the 2016 election

Nope!

Clinton won the election. By millions of votes...

Trump won the office... By astute state EC vote management...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Remember folks, stay off the bleach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Nope!

Clinton won the election. By millions of votes...

Trump won the office... By astute state EC vote management...

Popular vote is what you are trying to say.
    Trump won the election though

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Don is on Twitter saying he wasnt asking Dr Birx about sunlight and injecting bleach, he was talking to someone else.

Even though we have video footage of him looking right at her, and her even responding to him.

I guess he just can't help himself.

If you break down the commentary from Trump, I also believe that he was looking at the Homeland Security person when his off the wall lunacy was being trotted out. He then tried to engage Birx in the madness but she wasn't really playing.

It doesn't matter who the **** he was looking at. He said it... His word salad created the problem... He owns it!

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Popular vote is what you are trying to say.
    Trump won the election though

Wow! You can't use even the basic objective analytical capability encoded in your genes, and YET, you claim to know what I'm trying to say? What a demonstration of extreme hubris and arrogance on your part!

You haven't a clue about what I'm trying to say at ANY time. And if you somehow got a clue, your recent posts provide NO evidence that you have the analytical skills to understand it.

So spare me your arrogance and hubris..

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hilary got 3m more votes.

Trump welcomed and benefited from Russian interference.

How has he done on electoral promises?

He ran on "I will drain the swamp" and didn't.

He ran on a platform that he knew the best people and he did not.

He ran on building a wall and Mexico paying for it and that didn't happen.

He ran on locking Hilary up and hasn't.

He ran on halving the deficit and has increased it many times over.

He ran on repealing and replacing Obamacare and hasn't.

As for 2020...

His opponent in 2016 was hated. Biden isn't.

Trump has been impeached and with bloody good cause.

He is currently fighting 2 issues in the SC trying to hide his taxes and bank accounts, which should ripen just in time.

His personal lawyer is in jail. His campaign chair is in jail. His foreign advisor went to jail. His national security adviser is awaiting jail. His political ally is awaiting the start of his 40 month sentence.

Trump suffered the worst mid term defeat in 2018 since Nixon.

All he has is racist tropes and bullsh1t sales techniques. That works with 30% of the population.

Let's see what the other 70% say.

Simply awesome post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Trump is now giving up on the daily press conference as it is a waste of his time i.e. it wasn't helping his reelection like he thought it would. He must have found out what the phrase sunlight is the best disinfectant means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Trump is now giving up on the daily press conference as it is a waste of his time i.e. it wasn't helping his reelection like he thought it would. He must have found out what the phrase sunlight is the best disinfectant means.

Disappointing.
    Gonna miss his comedy/propaganda show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

I wonder will they decide to bring in some type of aptitude or IQ test for when u run for president ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

banie01 wrote: »
    That the Cedars Sinai option may lead to a therapy, is pointless in the context of what Don said and whom he said it too.

It's far from pointless...

Trump said that he had spoken with Bryan (before the presser) about UV light's impact on Coronavirus and had said to him "supposing you brought the light inside the body" and that was an astute question from Trump no matter how many people laughed at him for asking it. You can try and excuse your buttplug post if you like but you clearly posted it to mock the notion that UV light could be used internally, not sure why you're trying to act like you weren't.

So, Trump mused about two things 1) is it possible to harness the disinfectant abilities of UV light inside the body and 2) is there "something like" external disinfectants that could be used internally, be they injected or otherwise.

On the first musing: he gets a gold star as it turns out there might just be a way to to use UV light inside the body to treat people and even if nothing comes of it, that doesn't matter, as just the fact that it's something scientists are developing is more than enough to show that it wasn't the dumb question many felt it was, including myself. If only one of the docs there had read one of the articles that had been written about it just a week before.

The second musing is somewhat more difficult to call as Trump speaks about disinfectants knocking out the coronavirus and asks is there a way to do "something like that" internally "by injecting inside or almost a cleaning" and again here sadly his inarticulation has let him down again and the left of course have capitalized, but I guess maybe Eucalyptus oil in hot water and inhaling the steam would be the closest that we as humans get to using disinfectants internally, so no gold star for that particular question, but harmless enough all the same.

Harmless enough all the same usually, I should say, but we're not living in usual times, and Trump is in a situation right now where liberals in western society are salivating for his demise. They'll do and say almost anything to get rid of him and indeed they have been doing just that for three years now, but all to no avail, so far at least. Which is all the more reason they are as ruthless as they are right now.

To twist that man's harmless two questions, which spanned a whole 55 seconds, into the outrageous claim that he told people to inject bleach, just sums up the left today and what they are about, and of course how low they are willing to go in order to fulfill their nauseating objectives, which in this particular case of course is to oust an elected President from office because his politics aren't appreciated, but mostly because he doesn't kowtow to the left.

I shouldn't really be surprised at what's gone on the past two days though. Sanctimony and feigning outrage are almost a constant in the arena of politics these days. Be quicker counting the days when such things are not on display compared to when they are. They are after all, their weapons of choice. From Jussie Smollett to Russiagate, the principals are the same. Just as a child will scream and claim their sibling hit them when they didn't, just so they can get their way, the left too will similarly employ the same tactics and claim something has happened which hasn't just so they can get theirs. That's bad enough of course, but's what's worse, is that they seem to be able to convince themselves that what they are claiming happened, actually did. One thing gives them away though: their glee.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Trump said that he had spoken with Bryan (before the presser) about UV light's impact on Coronavirus and had said to him "supposing you brought the light inside the body" and that was an astute question from Trump no matter how many people laughed at him for asking it. You can try and excuse your buttplug post if you like but you clearly posted it to mock the notion that UV light could be used internally, not sure why you're trying to act like you weren't.

So, Trump mused about two things 1) is it possible to harness the disinfectant abilities of UV light inside the body and 2) is there "something like" external disinfectants that could be used internally, be they injected or otherwise.

On the first musing: he gets a gold star as it turns out there might just be a way to to use UV light inside the body to treat people and even if nothing comes of it, that doesn't matter, as just the fact that it's something scientists are developing is more than enough to show that it wasn't the dumb question many felt it was, including myself. If only one of the docs there had read one of the articles that had been written about it just a week before.

The second musing is somewhat more difficult to call as Trump speaks about disinfectants knocking out the coronavirus and asks is there a way to do "something like that" internally "by injecting inside or almost a cleaning" and again here sadly his inarticulation has let him down again and the left of course have capitalized, but I guess maybe Eucalyptus oil in hot water and inhaling the steam would be the closest that we as humans get to using disinfectants internally, so no gold star for that particular question, but harmless enough all the same.

Harmless enough all the same usually, I should say, but we're not living in usual times, and Trump is in a situation right now where liberals in western society are salivating for his demise. They'll do and say almost anything to get rid of him and indeed they have been doing just that for three years now, but all to no avail, so far at least. Which is all the more reason they are as ruthless as they are right now.

To twist that man's harmless two questions, which spanned a whole 55 seconds, into the outrageous claim that he told people to inject bleach, just sums up the left today and what they are about, and of course how low they are willing to go in order to fulfill their nauseating objectives, which in this particular case of course is to oust an elected President from office because his politics aren't appreciated, but mostly because he doesn't kowtow to the left.

I shouldn't really be surprised at what's gone on the past two days though. Sanctimony and feigning outrage are almost a constant in the arena of politics these days. Be quicker counting the days when such things are not on display compared to when they are. They are after all, their weapons of choice. From Jussie Smollett to Russiagate, the principals are the same. Just as a child will scream and claim their sibling hit them when they didn't, just so they can get their way, the left too will similarly employ the same tactics and claim something has happened which hasn't just so they can get theirs. That's bad enough of course, but's what's worse, is that they seem to be able to convince themselves that what they are claiming happened, actually did. One thing gives them away though: their glee.

OK, so you're giving him a gold star. Well done both of you.

Pete, can you name for me any US or international non- partisan media sources. Like any media who call it straight down the middle and are fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

All that rambling might mean something if the person didn't talk constant rubbish all the time and came out and said he was being sarcastic. Gold star for clutching at straws though, you must be on your last one.

Fake news, I'm afraid.

Politico initially had "Owes" in the title but changed it to "Owed" after they found it was largely nonsense.

Hope you're okay with a Breitbart link:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/04/25/politico-edits-false-story-claiming-trump-owes-millions-to-china/

Midlife wrote: »
    Pete, can you name for me any US or international non- partisan media sources. Like any media who call it straight down the middle and are fair.

Well, The Hill have a broad selection of journalists and so you'll get a good mix there. Washington Examiner I think is quite balanced.

I know people will scoff, but John Solomon's objective with JustTheNews.com is to be an impartial news source:
    JusttheNews.com is committed to just reporting facts from journalists with a long record of public trust and excellence. In an era where opinion and supposition are too often substituted for fact and where journalists rush to get things first and hope their stories are correct, JusttheNews.com tries to stand out by returning to the bedrock promise of getting news first, but first getting it right. We try to deliver exclusive news you can trust.

JusttheNews.com is a back-to-the-future initiative where old-fashioned, honest and exclusive reporting is delivered in a neutral voice, but delivered through the modern channels of YouTube, podcasting, e-books and social media. And in a twist of old and new, JusttheNews.com journalists deliver unprecedented transparency by offering a Dig Deeper tool on their Web site that allows consumers to see the underlying core materials and evidence that substantiate each story. These embeds replace the shaky promise of modern journalists to "just trust us, we're right" with "we trust readers to look at the facts and make up their own minds."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

But he was being sarcastic...unless those words have been misconstrued also?

Look, you need to stop digging on this one, its embarrassing and frankly makes the rest of us (well me anyway) a little uncomfortable watching you realise that the boss has thrown you under the bus with his sarcasm comment and you just ask for another shovel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

2016 followers - "I'm voting for Trump 'cause he says what he means"

2020 followers - "let me explain what he meant..."

There are two options here

1) the video is correct and he posited a dangerous idea live on TV while the scientist to whom he was speaking (thankfully ALSO on camera) and we see her reaction to the nonsense coming out of his mouth (quite likely when you consider he posited nuking a hurricane)

2) he DIDN'T mean what he said/he was misquoted or, as HE SAID, he was begging sarcastic.

Now, that means he is either grossly negligent (option 1)

or he, as leader of the U.S., is incapable, even after 3.5 years, of meaning what he says
    (option 2), or worse, that he was joking!!!

Either is completely unacceptable, at a minimum he should apologise and we can all move on.

But that's not gonna happen is it?

We saw the guy speak, we saw the reaction, we can watch the footage any time we want through the marvels of technology.

You, or anyone else, can come on here and blame the press, the tv stations, Senators, Obama and sure why not, throw in the email lady for good measure.

Unfortunately for Trump, quite like products from multiple Trump ventures that went bankrupt - no one's buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Pete, you do understand that he was being sarcastic?

So even Trump admits he was only messing.

Why are you trying to prove him right on something he was only doing to upset the journalists?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There should be a cover charge to see these mental and lingual gymnastics that are posted here to try to somehow establish or explain Orange Man's constant fcuk ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Well, The Hill have a broad selection of journalists and so you'll get a good mix there. Washington Examiner I think is quite balanced.

I know people will scoff, but John Solomon's objective with JustTheNews.com is to be an impartial news source:

And if you read say, the hill's first story today that talks of Trump's bully pulpit and the bizzare statements he makes, do you ever question yourself?

I'm just wondering how you seem to be a capable person but don't seem to ever be harsh on your beliefs.

I mean do you ever give any of it a second thought. When an impartial news agency and the entire world say 'trump said some pretty weird **** there', then he lies and says 'I was just kidfing', then he stops giving public conferences....

I mean can you not accept the reality that even he and his party have accepted... 'that was some weird stuff he was saying'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Your post above is obviously intended as a defence for Don and is predicated on three things.

1st is that NO doctors read any of the articles you say were written about UV light being used internally as a cure. You do not mention any articles by name. You provide no proof that doctors DID NOT READ any articles on the use of UV light on patients sick with Covid-19. You just put out the inference they did NOT and use that to give Don a "Gold Star".

2nd: You avoid the mention of disinfectant in the way that Don "understood" it could be physically applied to sick patients as a cure. You avoid the medical advisory issued by the makers of the disinfectant themselves as to how it should NOT be used in the way Don "understood" it could be used as a cure, not even making a mention of them being "lefties" because they advised against the musings of Don on the use of their product because you know they are right and Don is wrong. You use, as a subterfuge, the use of Eucalyptus oil with hot water as an aide to assist in easier breathing to cover Don's musing. It's not a difficult one at all to call on if one took the time to read the label on the side of the box or on the container before use.

3rd: What Don said is NOT in the least bit harmless. Curing sick patients is what the doctors, incl Drs Birx and Fauci, are trying to do all the while there are virtual quacks on the sideline offering their musings on what the best thing is to use to "cure" seriously ill patients. It would have been sensible for Don to have sat down with his Covid-19 medical advisory team first [for all the covid-19 afflicted patients and those who are walking around unknowing that they are next to sicken] and discussed what he was musing about first before revealing it live. Don's on-air "musings" and question certainly seems to have caught Dr Birx on the hop, that she wasn't expecting them at that moment, whatever about the chances that he did discuss his musings with her earlier in the day.

There is a term for what Don had in mind and it's clinical trials, best done in clinical laboratory settings, not in isolation wards trying to keep the patients alive. I'd like if you would take time to read my post through, google on the best practices for patients measures in it before coming back with a response please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Pete, your selectivity in what you choose to answer really is comedic.

Would you care to address the rest of that post of mine you again, selectively addressed?

Rather than try and spin Trump's brainfarts into a therapy or valid suggestion.

Go back and address the points and questions addressed to you, that you have specifically, repeatedly and deliberately ignored.

You are becoming a rather poor attempt at a troll at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The utterly deluded ramblings of a madman. You are not even touching on reality with this nonsense. As I said a couple of days ago (which obviously you didn't reply to) you're now so totally committed to defending Trump no matter what he does, he could mow down a line of pedestrians on the GW Bridge and you wouldn't bat an eyelid. You'd say that Don wasn't actually holding the gun, or was somehow driven to the act through the unfair coverage of the "Mainstream Media".

I'm really not sure why people engage with you anymore. I think this will be the last time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Mate, you are putting words in his mouth. That is flat out not what he said. And it isn' t what he tried to say either because if it was he could have easily corrected himself either at the presser or on twitter. He hasn't and has tried to go the sarcastic claim so we can discount your translation as being wrong given the man himself doesn't claim it.

Honestly that paragraph at the end describes Trump brilliantly. All he does is moan about how people are mean to him and don't give him enough stuff. And it works. Whenever he manages to string several coherent sentences together the media fawn over how presidential he is. The bar for him is so low at this point for even the left wing media.

I mean it isn't hard to convince ourselves it happened. He was on video talking about injecting bleach. Very little convincing needed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sarcasm has consequences when you have an audience of hundreds of millions:

Calls to poison control centers spike:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2020/04/25/calls-to-poison-centers-spike--after-the-presidents-comments-about-using-disinfectants-to-treat-coronavirus/#605aaeeb1157

I wonder if the resident Trumpologist still believes Dr's and Nurses coming out against the #IMPOTUS's absurdly dangerous statement were 'crying in their hankies' over the 2016 results. I imagine there are a fair number of people crying today because Granny believed Trump and mixed Lysol with her nightly JD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

RTE reporting the briefings might be cancelled. Shame, really, it's important to get information out. Maybe if #IMPOTUS would simply deputize and start them with a taped announcement from himself about casualties and how he offers condolences to families of the victims, something new for him to try.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0426/1134853-us-coronavirus/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement