Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Not worth "my time"?

So basically he's being held accountable during necessary daily briefings designed to disseminate public information. A con man to the core, he implicitly understands that his supporters actually listening to valid and pertinent questions being put to him is helping pull the rug from under his honed BS. That old public service remit during a Pandemic ie give daily updates, make them free to view is what these briefings are for.

However as he is embarrassing himself he's so narcissistic that if he can't be there then no one can take the limelight in his absence so the whole thing gets shut down. Not even the public servants who would be relived to have him sidelined so that they could deliver fact based, unambiguous and straight talking information are allowed to do their job to protect his giant ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It's far from pointless...

Trump said that he had spoken with Bryan (before the presser) about UV light's impact on Coronavirus and had said to him "supposing you brought the light inside the body" and that was an astute question from Trump no matter how many people laughed at him for asking it. You can try and excuse your buttplug post if you like but you clearly posted it to mock the notion that UV light could be used internally, not sure why you're trying to act like you weren't.

So, Trump mused about two things 1) is it possible to harness the disinfectant abilities of UV light inside the body and 2) is there "something like" external disinfectants that could be used internally, be they injected or otherwise.

On the first musing: he gets a gold star as it turns out there might just be a way to to use UV light inside the body to treat people and even if nothing comes of it, that doesn't matter, as just the fact that it's something scientists are developing is more than enough to show that it wasn't the dumb question many felt it was, including myself. If only one of the docs there had read one of the articles that had been written about it just a week before.

The second musing is somewhat more difficult to call as Trump speaks about disinfectants knocking out the coronavirus and asks is there a way to do "something like that" internally "by injecting inside or almost a cleaning" and again here sadly his inarticulation has let him down again and the left of course have capitalized, but I guess maybe Eucalyptus oil in hot water and inhaling the steam would be the closest that we as humans get to using disinfectants internally, so no gold star for that particular question, but harmless enough all the same.

Harmless enough all the same usually, I should say, but we're not living in usual times, and Trump is in a situation right now where liberals in western society are salivating for his demise. They'll do and say almost anything to get rid of him and indeed they have been doing just that for three years now, but all to no avail, so far at least. Which is all the more reason they are as ruthless as they are right now.

To twist that man's harmless two questions, which spanned a whole 55 seconds, into the outrageous claim that he told people to inject bleach, just sums up the left today and what they are about, and of course how low they are willing to go in order to fulfill their nauseating objectives, which in this particular case of course is to oust an elected President from office because his politics aren't appreciated, but mostly because he doesn't kowtow to the left.

I shouldn't really be surprised at what's gone on the past two days though. Sanctimony and feigning outrage are almost a constant in the arena of politics these days. Be quicker counting the days when such things are not on display compared to when they are. They are after all, their weapons of choice. From Jussie Smollett to Russiagate, the principals are the same. Just as a child will scream and claim their sibling hit them when they didn't, just so they can get their way, the left too will similarly employ the same tactics and claim something has happened which hasn't just so they can get theirs. That's bad enough of course, but's what's worse, is that they seem to be able to convince themselves that what they are claiming happened, actually did. One thing gives them away though: their glee.

All you are doing is trying to show that he really is off, because he said he was being sarcastic, so making fun and ridiculing what you are bending over backwards to show.

Two words for you "cognitive dissonance", look it up and take some deep breaths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Wow! You can't use even the basic objective analytical capability encoded in your genes, and YET, you claim to know what I'm trying to say? What a demonstration of extreme hubris and arrogance on your part!

You haven't a clue about what I'm trying to say at ANY time. And if you somehow got a clue, your recent posts provide NO evidence that you have the analytical skills to understand it.

So spare me your arrogance and hubris..

You can wow all you like but if your posts don't make sense don't expect me to just go along with them.
    Because I don't agree with whatever you write doesn't give you a platform either. I'm not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

valoren wrote: »
    Not worth "my time"?

So basically he's being held accountable during necessary daily briefings designed to disseminate public information. A con man to the core, he implicitly understands that his supporters actually listening to valid and pertinent questions being put to him is helping pull the rug from under his honed BS. That old public service remit during a Pandemic ie give daily updates, make them free to view is what these briefings are for.

However as he is embarrassing himself he's so narcissistic that if he can't be there then no one can take the limelight in his absence so the whole thing gets shut down. Not even the straight talking, fact based public servants are allowed to do their job.

Yes, the self proclaimed genius is incapable of navigating a briefing and Q and A without messing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Multiple sources are now reporting that the catalyst to the abandonment of the Daily press conferences was Kaitlan Collins refusing to be moved to the back of the press seating from her allocated seating.

https://www.boston.com/news/media/2020/04/25/trump-cnn-reporter-kaitlan-collins

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/25/white-house-attempts-humiliate-cnns-kaitlan-collins/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

duploelabs wrote: »
    Multiple sources are now reporting that the catalyst to the abandonment of the Daily press conferences was Kaitlan Collins refusing to be moved to the back of the press seating from her allocated seating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/25/white-house-attempts-humiliate-cnns-kaitlan-collins/

With no rallies or briefings how will trump vent ??? Twitter only goes so far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Hintel

"The official then suggested the matter would be resolved by the Secret Service, though no action was taken"

• Registered Users Posts: 54,292 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

With no rallies or briefings how will trump vent ??? Twitter only goes so far....

It must be killing him, can't go golfing, can't go to his Nuremberg Rallies and the media destroying him for his stupidity

Headshot wrote: »
    It must be killing him, can't go golfing, can't go to his Nuremberg Rallies and the media destroying him for his stupidity

Nuremberg rallies? Ah here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Taking Pete's Olympian level mental gymnastics attempt to alter reality itself all for glory of Trump; is there a real danger that similar Trump acolytes will not accept the reality of the results in November when their chosen one loses? Is there also a real danger that Trump himself may refuse to accept the reality of his defeat in November given the tantrums we have witnessed throughout his Presidency? Is there a possibility that some level of violence could occur if things don't go the way Trump and Trump's followers want?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Nuremberg rallies? Ah here.

In effect that`s what they were/are. This was arguably always true to some extent no matter what politicians were on the stage in the USA or anywhere else in the world but Trump had taken this to a whole new level before the virus caused them to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump said that he had spoken with Bryan (before the presser) about UV light's impact on Coronavirus and had said to him "supposing you brought the light inside the body" and that was an astute question from Trump no matter how many people laughed at him for asking it. You can try and excuse your buttplug post if you like but you clearly posted it to mock the notion that UV light could be used internally, not sure why you're trying to act like you weren't.

So, Trump mused about two things 1) is it possible to harness the disinfectant abilities of UV light inside the body and 2) is there "something like" external disinfectants that could be used internally, be they injected or otherwise.

On the first musing: he gets a gold star as it turns out there might just be a way to to use UV light inside the body to treat people and even if nothing comes of it, that doesn't matter, as just the fact that it's something scientists are developing is more than enough to show that it wasn't the dumb question many felt it was, including myself. If only one of the docs there had read one of the articles that had been written about it just a week before.

The second musing is somewhat more difficult to call as Trump speaks about disinfectants knocking out the coronavirus and asks is there a way to do "something like that" internally "by injecting inside or almost a cleaning" and again here sadly his inarticulation has let him down again and the left of course have capitalized, but I guess maybe Eucalyptus oil in hot water and inhaling the steam would be the closest that we as humans get to using disinfectants internally, so no gold star for that particular question, but harmless enough all the same.

Harmless enough all the same usually, I should say, but we're not living in usual times, and Trump is in a situation right now where liberals in western society are salivating for his demise. They'll do and say almost anything to get rid of him and indeed they have been doing just that for three years now, but all to no avail, so far at least. Which is all the more reason they are as ruthless as they are right now.

To twist that man's harmless two questions, which spanned a whole 55 seconds, into the outrageous claim that he told people to inject bleach, just sums up the left today and what they are about, and of course how low they are willing to go in order to fulfill their nauseating objectives, which in this particular case of course is to oust an elected President from office because his politics aren't appreciated, but mostly because he doesn't kowtow to the left.

I shouldn't really be surprised at what's gone on the past two days though. Sanctimony and feigning outrage are almost a constant in the arena of politics these days. Be quicker counting the days when such things are not on display compared to when they are. They are after all, their weapons of choice. From Jussie Smollett to Russiagate, the principals are the same. Just as a child will scream and claim their sibling hit them when they didn't, just so they can get their way, the left too will similarly employ the same tactics and claim something has happened which hasn't just so they can get theirs. That's bad enough of course, but's what's worse, is that they seem to be able to convince themselves that what they are claiming happened, actually did. One thing gives them away though: their glee.

Hey Pete, when it comes to the end game, please do not drink the Kool Aid
    There is no heavens Gate UFO coming to transport your soul to paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nuremberg rally = Large scale mostly propaganda event.

It ain't too far off to be perfectly honest but I do prefer to just refer to them as Trump's pity parties myself as that is how I see them. A grown man, whining about how things are so unfair and he gets such a rough time of it, and his criminal friends too of course. How someone else is always to blame and how the answers are always so simple yet just out of reach because of some hidden enemy, not to mention the real enemy of the people of course, the free press. Ramblings of a mad man and hysteric euphoria of his cattle? Not too far off at all, what I would say though obviously is Hitler was actually by all accounts an impressive orator, Trump is of course not. Just a rambling stream of consciousness kind of guy.

I guess if you want to be really critical of the comment you could say that the Nuremberg rallies were a lot less regular than the Donald's pity parties. They were only annual events from memory? The Don needs his fix of cheering masses a lot more regularly than that to parrot along to the Lock Her Up (Why did he never do that actually?) and the other stupid chants and super cool nicknames like Sleepy Joe, or Creepy Joe depending on what the narrative is that week.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Taking Pete's Olympian level mental gymnastics attempt to alter reality itself all for glory of Trump; is there a real danger that similar Trump acolytes will not accept the reality of the results in November when their chosen one loses? Is there also a real danger that Trump himself may refuse to accept the reality of his defeat in November given the tantrums we have witnessed throughout his Presidency? Is there a possibility that some level of violence could occur if things don't go the way Trump and Trump's followers want?

I think it will be more a case of if rather than when as Trump could physically attack people live on TV if he thought it would boost ratings and still would be cheered on by a large proportion of his followers. Should he lose the election there is very much a possibility of everything you stated in your post happening. Scary times ahead for the USA quite apart from the virus outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,915 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well then good for her for not moving from a WHCA assigned seat. The White House tried to move a news organisation that asked uncomfortable questions to the back which would have made it easier to ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see US debt is hurtling towards 25 TRILLION.

So much winning.

I'm now convinced your entire persona on boards is an exercise in creative writing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If someone doesn't understand the difference between a man musing about whether some treatment he heard about in passing might work for a particular virus, and the President of the United States during a press briefing where he speaks to the media and the public on the on-going global pandemic saying that they're looking into that particular treatment... then there's just no hope. Speaking extemporaneously or not, he should not mentioning possible cures or treatments, whether it be hydroxychloroquine, disinfectant injections or UV bulbs down a breathing tube, until and unless they're actually a) proven to be effective after rigorous scientific and medical testing, b) going to be implemented and c) he has a doctor or other professional with him to discuss it and inform the public what they should or shouldn't do.

He's the President, at a press briefing, during a global pandemic. "Musing" is not f*cking good enough. "Our teams are working hard, we're exploring many options, some conventional, some even unconventional, but we're doing everything we can to find a range of treatments and cures as quickly as possible". That's all he has to say on that.

But of course, he was being sarcastic as he directly stated himself, so he wasn't musing about it at all. He was being sarcastic. So anyone defending what he said is actually accusing him of saying it earnestly in the first place.

Nuremberg rally = Large scale mostly propaganda event.

It ain't too far off to be perfectly honest but I do prefer to just refer to them as Trump's pity parties myself as that is how I see them. A grown man, whining about how things are so unfair and he gets such a rough time of it, and his criminal friends too of course. How someone else is always to blame and how the answers are always so simple yet just out of reach because of some hidden enemy, not to mention the real enemy of the people of course, the free press. Ramblings of a mad man and hysteric euphoria of his cattle? Not too far off at all, what I would say though obviously is Hitler was actually by all accounts an impressive orator, Trump is of course not. Just a rambling stream of consciousness kind of guy.

I guess if you want to be really critical of the comment you could say that the Nuremberg rallies were a lot less regular than the Donald's pity parties. They were only annual events from memory? The Don needs his fix of cheering masses a lot more regularly than that to parrot along to the Lock Her Up (Why did he never do that actually?) and the other stupid chants and super cool nicknames like Sleepy Joe, or Creepy Joe depending on what the narrative is that week.

"The Nuremberg Rally was the annual rally of the Nazi Party in Germany, held from 1923 to 1938. They were large Nazi propaganda events, especially after Adolf Hitler's rise to power in 1933"

That is an offensive comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Midlife wrote: »
    And if you read say, the hill's first story today that talks of Trump's bully pulpit and the bizzare statements he makes, do you ever question yourself?

I'm just wondering how you seem to be a capable person but don't seem to ever be harsh on your beliefs.

I mean do you ever give any of it a second thought. When an impartial news agency and the entire world say 'trump said some pretty weird **** there', then he lies and says 'I was just kidfing', then he stops giving public conferences....

I mean can you not accept the reality that even he and his party have accepted... 'that was some weird stuff he was saying'

Yeah thats what I don't get. And the talk of liberals and the left think X. Has that just become a term for people who don't get their views from gab.com or thedonald.win sites. You'll see all the same talking points there. Some great interest in Healight there all of a sudden. Its so strange.

• Advertisement

"The Nuremberg Rally was the annual rally of the Nazi Party in Germany, held from 1923 to 1938. They were large Nazi propaganda events, especially after Adolf Hitler's rise to power in 1933"

Why would it be?

Trumps comments regarding Mexicans and Muslims are fairly similar to Hitler's comments regarding Jews.

Hitler believed that he knew more than his military advisors and surrounded himself with yes men who personally benefited from being so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It really isn't.
    The rise of Nazism, its populism, it's Demagogue leader, it's wolf-whistle racism and xenophobia, it's make Germany great again policies and its capacity for presenting outright lies as their truth is all very, very relevant in any discussion of Trump and his use of rally politicking, distraction and scapegoating.

Those who forget their history are oft doomed to repeat it.
    Comparing the similarities of Trump to the Nazi party isn't at all insulting, if one thinks it is?

A better understanding of comparative history and political science and psychology may help.

Although, Hitler has achieved one US honour that still eludes Trump...
    He was a Time man of the year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If Trump loses (fingers crossed) I will honestly have popcorn at the ready as I await his epic man baby meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Nope!

Clinton won the election. By millions of votes...

Trump won the office... By astute state EC vote management...

Fúck, are people still doing the "Hillary won" thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

There are many parallels with Hitler's rise to power and Trump's rise. Note that's not saying Trump equals Hitler. And it's specifically about his rise to power not what he did in power as a fully fledged dictator. While Trump openly admires dictators he can only dream of their power at the moment; hence his many many tantrums. He's a frustrated Dictator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

banie01 wrote: »

Although, Hitler has achieved one US honour that still eludes Trump...
    He was a Time man of the year ;)

Trump was Time man of the year in 2016 actually, he was a few times according to his hotel where he had fake covers printed around on the walls, which is not all embarrassing. But one of them actually wrote a book and was a war hero for his country. Hitler would be embarrassed by the comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

In effect that`s what they were/are. This was arguably always true to some extent no matter what politicians were on the stage in the USA or anywhere else in the world but Trump had taken this to a whole new level before the virus caused them to be shut down.

Usually when people make comparisons with the Nazi era, they haven't read any other sections of history.

They know nothing else but Hitler.

The only people that will be annoyed about the cancellation of the press conferences are those Trump fanatics that watch very minute of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Stop being such a snowflake. You can't say anything nowadays without the politically correct mob shrieking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,292 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Why would it be?

Trumps comments regarding Mexicans and Muslims are fairly similar to Hitler's comments regarding Jews.

Hitler believed that he knew more than his military advisors and surrounded himself with yes men who personally benefited from being so.
    banie01 wrote: »
    It really isn't.
    The rise of Nazism, its populism, it's Demagogue leader, it's wolf-whistle racism and xenophobia, it's make Germany great again policies and its capacity for presenting outright lies as their truth is all very, very relevant in any discussion of Trump and his use of rally politicking, distraction and scapegoating.

Those who forget their history are oft doomed to repeat it.
    Comparing the similarities of Trump to the Nazi party isn't at all insulting, if one thinks it is?

A better understanding of comparative history and political science and psychology may help.

Thank you folks, this is why I made the comment, nail on head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement