Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

duploelabs wrote: »
    'lots here'

'some people have mentioned'

'people are saying'

'everyone knows'

Notice the same language pattern?

So people here weren't watching the press conferences? I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Each state will have their own press conferences which are covered by local media. America is a federal state.

The Trump press conferences were just good tv.

If the Trump press conferences are just "good TV" the question has to be asked why the leader of the US is acting as if he were some sort of reality star during a global Pandemic? Do you believe that Trump's shows are of the standard required of POTUS?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just saw what he said on sky news re: not doing any more press briefings.

Petulant in the extreme.

If the Trump press conferences are just "good TV" the question has to be asked why the leader of the US is acting as if he were some sort of reality star during a global Pandemic? Do you believe that Trump's shows are of the standard required of POTUS?

He's giving people what they want. Good tv to make us laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm confused.

It would appear so alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So people here weren't watching the press conferences? I'm confused.

I was pointing out the similarities in your syntax and when Trump tells a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

He's giving people what they want. Good tv to make us laugh.

In case you have forgotten, Donald Trump unbelievably is POTUS. How he be came POTUS is will have historians debating for decades. However, he is technically the leader of the US. How are the utter car crashes his TV appearances all turn out to be; in anyway giving the citizens of the us what they want during this Pandemic? Do you see his performances on-screen as part of the role of POTUS?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Usually when people make comparisons with the Nazi era, they haven't read any other sections of history.

They know nothing else but Hitler.

The only people that will be annoyed about the cancellation of the press conferences are those Trump fanatics that watch very minute of them.

It's a good thing you're here now to educate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just reading the last number of posts just made me stop and think for a second how batsh*t crazy it is that the holder of the singularly most powerful office in the world has repeatedly referred to and been focused on 'TV ratings' during the worst pandemic in 100 years.
    He actually thinks the numbers who watched his briefings were doing so as a sign of his popularity. Think about that and just how unsuitable anyone who would have that take on the briefings is for any position of decision making in relation to the crisis.

In 100 years time, a synopsis may read 'As 50,000 people died in little over a month and unemployment rose by over 20M in the same period, the President thought he was doing a good job because of the numbers watching his briefings'

Fu.ck.ing Ludicrous!! And that they could add that during one of these briefings, he directed his staff to explore 'injecting disinfectant in to the skin as a potential cure along with using UV light inside someones body'

Right now, that the above could then be added to with 'And 6 months later he was re-elected as President' just seems like a complete impossibility and yet, it's still touch and go in that respect. :eek: Madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Trump looking for miracle cures live on tv is akin to Hitler sitting in his bunker waiting for a miracle weapon or phantom army to turn the tide of the war.
    Is his circle of advisors etc going to let him continue on this path?

• Advertisement

Why were so many on here watching it then, staying up passed their bed time to watch every second of it?

Why does it bother you that people did?

Why does it bother you every week?

I presume you mean the whole English speaking world because if you don't speak English, I doubt you'd be watching a press conference in English.

And no, it seemed only the Trump voyeurs were watching.

Yes. Nobody else was watching at all.

I do miss your broad unverifiable statements sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Don is on Twitter saying he wasnt asking Dr Birx about sunlight and injecting bleach, he was talking to someone else.

He right, he wasn't - that question was put to Bryan.
    Penn wrote: »
    He even mentions her by name. "Deborah, have you ever heard of the heat and the light relative to..." etc

Different part of the presser. His tweet was in response to the media saying he had asked Dr. Birx to look into if light/disinfectant could be brought inside the body by way of injection but that's not the case, he was talking to Bryan when he made that comment (which of course, has been blown out of all proportion).

Oh and by the way, something which isn't getting reported much, if at all (shock horror) is that Trump corrected himself at the presser after the ABC hack said "The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?" Bryan said No .. and Trump from behind said: "It wouldn’t be through injection" but I guess reporting that would make the outrage less rational and so best to pretend that never happened.

I note Dr. Birx has defended Trump and called out the mainstream media with regards to their purposefully misrepresentative headlines (such as the opportunistic 'Trump tells people to inject bleach' ) when she said the following:
    "When he gets new information he likes to talk that through out loud, and really have that dialogue .. I think he just saw the information at the time, immediately before the press conference and he was still digesting that information."

"I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines ... we know from millennials in other studies that some people may only read the headlines and if there's not a graphic, they're not going to look any further than that"

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

He right, he wasn't - that question was put to Bryan.

Different part of the presser. His tweet was in response to the media saying he had asked Dr. Birx to look into if light/disinfectant could be brought inside the body by way of injection but that's not the case, he was talking to Bryan when he made that comment (which of course, has been blown out of all proportion).

Oh and by the way, something which isn't getting reported much, if at all (shock horror) is that Trump corrected himself at the presser after the ABC hack said "The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?" Bryan said No .. and Trump from behind said: "It wouldn’t be through injection" but I guess reporting that would make the outrage less rational and so best to pretend that never happened.

I note Dr. Birx has defended Trump and called out the mainstream media with regards to their purposefully misrepresentative headlines (such as the opportunistic 'Trump tells people to inject bleach' ) when she said the following:

Ouch.

Lol,

'when he gets information, he likes to talk that through out loud'

What an unreal justification. Basically saying he's an idiot and must speak through stuff.

Honest question Pete, do you think he can read without moving his lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Verbatim:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Now I'm confused. Which part was it where he was being sarcastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Different part of the presser. His tweet was in response to the media saying he had asked Dr. Birx to look into if light/disinfectant could be brought inside the body by way of injection but that's not the case

Trump's tweet:
    Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!

Trump's quote at the press briefing
    "Deborah, have you ever heard of that... the heat and the light relative to, certain viruses, yes, but relative to this virus?"

Trump gives no mention in his tweet that he's only specifically talking about one part of the press briefing. In that same press briefing however, he specifically, by name, asks Dr.Birx about using "heat and the light" as a possible treatment for coronavirus.

Here it is again:
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1254146549627490304?s=20

She literally, answers him. Pete... she literally answers him. He specifically questioned her, by name, about it, and she answered him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭amandstu

Trump's tweet:
    Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!

"Deborah, have you ever heard of that... the heat and the light relative to, certain viruses, yes, but relative to this virus?"

Trump gives no mention in his tweet that he's only specifically talking about one part of the press briefing. In that same press briefing however, he specifically, by name, asks Dr.Birx about using "heat and the light" as a possible treatment for coronavirus.

Here it is again:

She literally, answers him. Pete... she literally answers him. He specifically questioned her, by name, about it, and she answered him.

He was probably being sarcastic towards her.I am sure she is a deep state doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Trump's tweet:

Here it is again:

This lame stream media thing is the most childish thing, if my 5 year old kept using it I’d stop him as being too old to keep saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People slow down in traffic to voyuer at a RTA, in a morbid curiosity, not because its good.

Trump makes rubbernecking TV

That's it, a pure televised car crash. I hope I live long enough to see this covered properly by historians and not as current affairs.

• Advertisement

Why does it bother you that people did?

Why does it bother you every week?

I never said it bothered me.

My comments do seem to bother you though.

I was pointing out the similarities in your syntax and when Trump tells a lie

Is this meant to be an insult?

kowloon wrote: »
    That's it, a pure televised car crash. I hope I live long enough to see this covered properly by historians and not as current affairs.

History will show that Trump did not substantially alter the way America operates, despite his unorthodox and often crazy comments, which has given so many so much enjoyment particularly in the last few weeks.

Historians examine trends, not daily press conferences.

Is this meant to be an insult?

As i said, I was pointing out the similarities, take from that what you will

History will show that Trump did not substantially alter the way America operates, despite his unorthodox and often crazy comments, which has given so many so much enjoyment particularly in the last few weeks.

Historians examine trends, not daily press conferences.

Paris accord
    Iran deal
    Pulling out of Iraq and Syria

Three off the top of my head that were down to Trump's whim that did significantly affect how america operates

I never said it bothered me.

My comments do seem to bother you though.

They do. You add nothing to the debate in here during your weekly visit.

At least Pete tries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Raise the standard please and refrain from Godwinning the thread.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Has he gone into hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭briany

Although his disinfectant thing was outrageous and shameful, I worry it's drawing too much attention away from any hard political policy that his administration is trying to enact to the detriment of the U.S.'s citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it better if he doesn’t hang around for questions? It seems pointless to me because nobody asks him any questions about the gov response they just call him out on the bs he spouted the day before, he throws the toys out of the pram, it descends into a shouting match and nobody learns anything which is supposed to be the point of the press conference. He should just bugger off and let the scientists and doctors answer the questions. You don’t see Leo at our Coronavirus press conferences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement