Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

History will show that Trump did not substantially alter the way America operates, despite his unorthodox and often crazy comments, which has given so many so much enjoyment particularly in the last few weeks.

Historians examine trends, not daily press conferences.

And yet FDR's fireside chats are considered broadcasts of major historical importance. Trump's tweets, conferences and clashes with the press will be analysed in detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Has he gone into hiding?

Apparently not.

Please check out his twitter feed atm.
    Comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's quite the outburst. A "Noble" prize level of outburst!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

kowloon wrote: »
    And yet FDR's fireside chats are considered broadcasts of major historical importance. Trump's tweets, conferences and clashes with the press will be analysed in detail.

The worry for the U.S right now is that the future analysers might be the ones usually found sitting next to the analysts couch and not history buffs.

The reference earlier to rubbernecking is probably true, with people [not necessarily English-speakers] waiting to see what he'll do next.

That's quite the outburst. A "Noble" prize level of outburst!

I’m fairness I’d struggle with the correct spelling.
    Then again, I’m not the president of the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I’m fairness I’d struggle with the correct spelling.
    Then again, I’m not the president of the USA.

Would you know the difference between a Nobel peace prize and a Pulitzer?

robinph wrote: »
    Would you know the difference between a Nobel peace prize and a Pulitzer?

Most certainly, why?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Most certainly, why?

Just that Trump doesn't, yet still went on a rant about the wrong award and spelt it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Feds interrupting and sometimes redirecting PPE shipments to 'the stockpile.' My conspiracy theory: I found out what Jared's been doing lately! Bringing his crack organizational, speechmaking and management abilities to this crisis, by interrupting delivery of PPE to retarget Trump-friendly areas! Go, Jared, Go! https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fema-hijacks-masks-for-veterans-hospitals_n_5ea4c72dc5b6805f9ece2bc3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Christ the man has no empathy, no class and no what we refer to here in Limerick as "Cop on"...

To whinge and whine about how he is portrayed and perceived in the media?
    Whilst the number of dead Americans approaches 55000, and the mile stone of 1 million infections has been passed!

An absolute disaster as a person and a failure as a president.
    But hey it's all about "owning the libs"maybe if those 55k dead were a little more Republican, red and right wing, they'd have beaten back the commie virus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,784 ✭✭✭✭briany

banie01 wrote: »
    Christ the man has no empathy, no class and no what we refer to here in Limerick as "Cop on"...

To whinge and whine about how he is portrayed and perceived in the media?
    Whilst the number of dead Americans approaches 55000, and the mile stone of 1 million infections has been passed!

An absolute disaster as a person and a failure as a president.
    But hey it's all about "owning the libs"maybe if those 55k dead were a little more Republican, red and right wing, they'd have beaten back the commie virus?

If Trump comes in at under 100,000 dead, he's going to call that a victory. He's going to say that America has 330 million people, and although it was sad that people died, he managed to protect everyone else, and that's a lot of people, folks. Way, way more than those who died. A tremendous job. But the fake news media won't give him credit for that because they're out to get him.

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Nah, no way.

'When will the nobel committee demand the prizes back'

He's surely messing here. I mean I do think he's stupid but no way the president of the US tweets that. Its still there too.

He's trying to distract from something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I think the past year he's been getting crazier and crazier. He's more outlandish and brazen. He doesn't give a toss about medical opinion or the concept of government checks and balances. His supporters probably love it, their man is "telling it like it is". He's juggling with the lives millions of Americans. America is completely f**cked.

robinph wrote: »
    Would saying to take down the wall and let all the Mexicans in even be twisted to somehow fit as if his position had never actually changed?

No.

Trumpism doesn't exist just because. His stances on immigration and guns and trade are what gives him currency with his supporters in the first place and makes them do mental gymnastics for everything else he says and does.

He can't row back too much on his core policies without his support collapsing spectacularly, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Verbatim:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."

A 1 minute consultation with a qualified MD, let alone a person with a brain in their head would have dismissed this out of hand.
    briany wrote: »
    No.

Trumpism doesn't exist just because. His stances on immigration and guns and trade are what gives him currency with his supporters in the first place and makes them do mental gymnastics for everything else he says and does.

He can't row back too much on his core policies without his support collapsing spectacularly, imo.

Does he have a discernible policy apart from the performance of the stock market and clamping down on immigrant labor?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They do. You add nothing to the debate in here during your weekly visit.

At least Pete tries.

Just ignore my posts from now on please.

You seem to be taking everything personally.

I don't even know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Rumours are Health Secretary Alex Azar is up for the chop.
    Dr Brix is one of the people rumoured to takeover.

Looks like Trump has found his scapegoat.

Aidric wrote: »

Does he have a discernible policy apart from the performance of the stock market and clamping down on immigrant labor?

He has a policy on getting tough with trade for one.

I don't think Trump has any policies that he's truly married to, though. He just successfully identified a few which put him on top of a tidal wave consisting of the alt-right, Tea Party, rust belt voters and some trolls. It turns out you can make all kinds of crazy promises when you're a narcissist who doesn't give a f*ck, and an atmosphere of ignorance has been carefully fostered in your country.

Probably a more pertinent question is what policies have been enacted by members of the Republican party who see Trump and his followers as useful idiots?

He's clearly getting some very bad polling data. He's now gone on a tangent about Fox News attacking him. Looks like he's set to burn all bridges.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254520889212837890?s=19

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus christ, going on about ratings again.

You really could not write a more outlandish parody of a presidential character because you'd be laughed out of the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just ignore my posts from now on please.

You seem to be taking everything personally.

I don't even know you.

Bit of projection there.

We've done the speech patterns already. Are you reading them from a cue list?

He's clearly getting some very bad polling data. He's now gone on a tangent about Fox News attacking him. Looks like he's set to burn all bridges.

Trump's got a new squeeze on the news front - One America News. They make Fox News look like PBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And Don Jr is certainly having a go at, I dunno, something:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1254032473941585920

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

And Don Jr is certainly having a go at, I dunno, something:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1254032473941585920

Eh?

Yeah Epstein hung himself with poison. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree with low intelligence. I was just thinking today how Trump tweets absolute rubbish like his daily rants and stuff about HHH and how the few times I have come across Obama's social media it is to recommend books he read or positive things to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

##Mod Note##

Please don't just link dump.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

He's really letting go on Twitter this evening. I really wish someone would show him how to use his instagram account, could be good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What is he having a go at Fox over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Blueshoe wrote: »

What is your opinion of this? What is the point in posting this? Is this your attack on the "lamestream media" or pointing out how everyone that was fired he said the same thing or the turnover in the WH is ridiculous or there are already so many positions not filled or filled by temps to circumvent proper approval to those positions. Don't leave us in suspense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

FrostyJack wrote: »
    What is your opinion of this? What is the point in posting this? Is this your attack on the "lamestream media" or pointing out how everyone that was fired he said the same thing or the turnover in the WH is ridiculous or there are already so many positions not filled or filled by temps to circumvent proper approval to those positions. Don't leave us in suspense.

Any one of these things are virtually impossible for an American president to pull off. Himself and Obama had 8 years in office yet what did they achieve.
    Whether it's Trump, Biden or a.n other it's all just spin and empty talk.
    Unachievable

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1254465766444789760?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Roanmore wrote: »
    Rumours are Health Secretary Alex Azar is up for the chop.
    Dr Brix is one of the people rumoured to takeover.

Looks like Trump has found his scapegoat.

Allegedly Alex Azar has been in Don's bad books since Don's return-trip from India two months ago when Don heard about a doctor from CDC talking about a possible Covid-19 epidemic breaking out in the U.S, got angry and wanted to fire her but was persuaded not to. Instead he turned his anger on Alex Azar, blaming him for the doctor talking about a possible outbreak back then.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-cdc-doctor-fire-nancy-messonnier-alex-azar-a9480371.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement