Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Any one of these things are virtually impossible for an American president to pull off. Himself and Obama had 8 years in office yet what did they achieve.
    Whether it's Trump, Biden or a.n other it's all just spin and empty talk.
    Unachievable

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1254465766444789760?s=19

So don't bother trying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

So don't bother trying?

That's the point. He won't. It's unachievable
    A government that works for all, not just the powerful. Lol.
    The powerful lobby the government. The powerful are part of the government.
    The repeated calling to end gun violence. There are more guns than people in the US. That's like saying we will end all traffic collisions. Impossible.

Spin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So don't bother trying?

So we shouldn't try?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Any one of these things are virtually impossible for an American president to pull off.

So give up without trying? Even small steps would be great progress. Obamacare as an example. It has many flaws but secured a greater right of health care that even Republicans don't want to remove at this point.

Improve on that step by step and you get something great. Give up and you get nothing.

As for what he did. Obama made big strides with Obamacare. Get a sensible government in and vast improvements can be put on top of that. Bit by bit is how this will work instead of the current regimes attempts to speed up climate change and remove health care from people.

So let's ignore climate change, gun control and healthcare? He won't try to change any of that and you know this because?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Any one of these things are virtually impossible for an American president to pull off. Himself and Obama had 8 years in office yet what did they achieve.
    Whether it's Trump, Biden or a.n other it's all just spin and empty talk.
    Unachievable

So you just quote Russian bot talking points or one liners I see.

So let's ignore climate change, gun control and healthcare? He won't try to change any of that and you know this because?

He won't ignore it. But he won't get anywhere. Republican or democrat. The US is ran by big business and money.
    Watch and see.
    He'll be in the Whitehouse by November. It's almost guaranteed

You left out the fourth point about the government working for everyone not just the powerful. Did you ever hear such rubbish.
    Similar to leo and the people who get up early every day. How did that work out.
    It's just spin. Unless there is an overall in how America functions nothing really changes. Won't happen. Impossible

Just off the top of my head Obama had mpg goal that makes no sense to circumvent, why would you want to pay more for petrol? Affordable care act for healthcare and it is hard to go against the hurlers in the ditch on gun control (sorry blueshoes that is an Irish expression)

He won't ignore it. But he won't get anywhere. Republican or democrat. The US is ran by big business and money.
    Watch and see.

You left out the fourth point about the government working for everyone not just the powerful. Did you ever hear such rubbish.
    Similar to leo and the people who get up early every day. How did that work out.
    It's just spin. Unless there is an overall in how America functions nothing really changes. Won't happen. Impossible

Your insight is something. If only we could all be like you.

---

The US is a nonsense politically, but to criticise for Biden for trying to rise above it is insane.

Sure he could end up being Pol Pot crossed with idi Amin when he gets elected, but we can literally only go on what he has said and his actions thus far and they are pretty favourable when compared to the 11yo in the Oval office right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Looks like he was being sarcastic again:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254544354603143168

I'm starting to get a bit lost here. What is the relationship with the journalists and the Nobel Prize? Is it a particular journalist he is having a go at?

• Advertisement

Watch and see.

It's just spin. Unless there is an overall in how America functions nothing really changed. Won't happen. Impossible

Indeed the system in the US has been proven to be defective as a democracy by the Trump administration. But at least Biden has the right ideas. At least it looks like he will try. At least he has the right intentions. Especially compared to the present incumbent - an egomaniac without a shred of principles.

hetuzozaho wrote: »

I'm starting to get a bit lost here. What is the relationship with the journalists and the Nobel Prize? Is it a particular journalist he is having a go at?

I really do think he's become even more psychologically unwell. His performances at the pressers was increasingly dysfunctional. His tweets are clearly unfiltered and are more shrill by the day. It's obvious that his ego is collapsing, especially after Dettolgate, and he's lashing out in response.

Indeed the system in the US has been proven to be defective as a democracy by the Trump administration. But at least Biden has the right ideas. At least it looks like he will try. At least he has the right intentions. Especially compared to the present incumbent - an egomaniac without a shred of principles.

He will get nowhere. Trump has sown some serious seeds of division. Joe Biden will be a box office flop. "He will try" . I think you already know yourself but anyone but Trump. Am I right.
    The Us economy will falter right up to the election because of corona virus and Joe will inherit a lame duck with no money or cross party support. He hasn't a prayer. After Trump leaves and the party dies down let's hope the media keeps the spotlight on Biden with the same intensity.

He will get nowhere. Trump has sown some serious seeds of division. Joe Biden will be a box office flop. "He will try" . I think you already know yourself but anyone but Trump. Am I right.
    The Us economy will falter right up to the election because of corona virus and Joe will inherit a lame duck with no money or cross party support. He hasn't a prayer. After Trump leaves and the party dies down let's hope the media keeps the spotlight on Biden with the same intensity.

I'm not 'anyone but Trump'. However, I can't think of a US politician that I would have less respect for. Maybe Nixon...hmmm.....no I'd prefer him to Trump.

The media will of course keep the spotlight on Biden. And I think he'll do badly simply because I don't think he has that statesman quality and he's inheriting a sh1tshow. Would love to see someone like Cuomo. But it will be Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Biden shouldn't even bother, sure hasn't the greatest negotiator ever failed to get Mexico to pay for his wall. Sure he couldn't even move the CNN reported from one end if the room to the other.

Damn Biden and his ideas if grandeur of having an actual functioning government.

I'm not 'anyone but Trump'. However, I can't think of a US politician that I would have less respect for. Maybe Nixon...hmmm.....no I'd prefer him to Trump.

The media will of course keep the spotlight on Biden. And I think he'll do badly simply because I don't think he has that statesman quality and he's inheriting a sh1tshow. Would love to see someone like Cuomo. But it will be Biden.

I see your opinion of Cuomo but that is only compared to BJ and Trump my dog seems smart. Cuomo is doing great during the crisis which seems original but he is not a good guy. He was hated by a good section of New York, not talking about the Trump deplorables.

I'm not going to pretend that Biden will face the same spotlight from the like of CNN. Sure he is their guy. I know I wrote it before but it's a classic.
    "A government that works for the people not for the powerful" lol it's America. Who is he kidding.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I see your opinion of Cuomo but that is only compared to BJ and Trump my dog seems smart. Cuomo is doing great during the crisis which seems original but he is not a good guy. He was hated by a good section of New York, not talking about the Trump deplorables.

I'm basing my opinion on his media appearances recently. Compared to the egomaniac, he was like JFK.

Unlike Trump, Biden will be legitimately able to blame his predecessor for all his problems. If he is elected of course.

I'm not going to pretend that Biden will face the same spotlight from the like of CNN. Sure he is their guy. I know I wrote it before but it's a classic.
    "A government that works for the people not for the powerful" lol it's America. Who is he kidding.

No he won't face the same scrutiny from CNN. However, from my perspective, an imperfect Biden administration is infinitely more preferable than Trump, his family and his cronies. They are the worst possible kind of people.

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »

I don't know anything anymore.

What is this world?

No he won't face the same scrutiny from CNN. However, from my perspective, an imperfect Biden administration is infinitely more preferable than Trump, his family and his cronies. They are the worst possible kind of people.

Anyone but Trump again.
    Do you think Biden would make a good president? Is he suitable for the most powerful position in the world?

Anyone but Trump again.
    Do you think Biden would make a good president? Is he suitable for the most powerful position in the world?

Yes.

---

Say he wasn't, and we know that DJT most certainly isn't, what do you suggest then?

I mean, these are the ACTUAl choices ahead for the American people. So why crib over Biden when you have a moron in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

You wouldn't feel any animus against Don for running the U.S population's health into the ground, sowing serious seeds of division there as well and failing to ensure the U.S economy is fit for purpose then? You wouldn't want the media continuing with it's interest in Don's activities to ensure your interests get their day in court by making Don answer for his actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Is he more suitable than Trump? Which is the binary choice the US voters get faced with.

If that isn't a rhetorical question they may as well do away with the meaning tbh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Anyone but Trump again.

Biden is better than Trump. You see, your argument about '"anyone but Trump" doesn't hold water. Given a binary choice, it's precisely because Trump is such a terrible POTUS and a terrible human being that makes it easy to choose someone other that Trump. It's because they are all better politicians and better human beings. No brainer.

Biden is better than Trump. You see, your argument about '"anyone but Trump" doesn't hold water. Given a binary choice, it's precisely because Trump is such a terrible POTUS and a terrible human being that makes it easy to choose someone other that Trump. It's because they are all better politicians and better human beings. No brainer.

You didn't really answer my questions though. In fact you completely ignored them. Im aware at this stage about your feelings about Donald trump.

Do you think Biden will make a good president? Most powerful position in the world.
    I'm not trying to trick you or anything. I'm just curious.

Imagine Air Force One instead of Harrison Ford was a Trump like character.

You didn't really answer my questions though. In fact you completely ignored them. Im aware at this stage about your feelings about Donald trump.

Do you think Biden will make a good president? Most powerful position in the world.
    I'm not trying to trick you or anything. I'm just curious.

As bad as Biden is, he is at least a good person and will surround himself with people who will benefit America and the World. Trump can never be accused of that.

• Advertisement

FrostyJack wrote: »
    As bad as Biden is, he is at least a good person and will surround himself with people who will benefit America and the World. Trump can never be accused of that.

I don't understand what you mean by "As bad as Biden is"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement