Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jesus that man is such a fool.

"something happened between her testing negative and then all of a sudden testing positive"..

Eh... Yeah... She caught the virus!

If he doesn't understand the basic concept of how the virus propagates at this stage of the response, then there really is absolutely zero hope.

What an utter ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    If he doesn't understand the basic concept of how the virus propagates at this stage of the response, then there really is absolutely zero hope.

What an utter ignoramus.

Ah I guess he's just playing down tests as he doesn't want the lack of them to stop the reopening of the country. He ties himself in knots with what he says and what he means and what he does and what he wants to do ha.

The two lads are doing well not to catch it though, they must be doing something right. Staff getting it now, and they seem to be constantly in rooms with groups of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »

What an utter ignoramus.

This one really does take the biscuit

"I was very far away from [the veterans] … Plus the wind was blowing so hard in such a direction that if the plague ever reached them, I'd be very surprised."

https://www.theweek.com/speedreads/913582/trump-says-couldnt-have-exposed-wwii-vets-covid19-because-wind-blowing-wrong-way

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

duploelabs wrote: »

"I was very far away from [the veterans] … Plus the wind was blowing so hard in such a direction that if the plague ever reached them, I'd be very surprised."

https://www.theweek.com/speedreads/913582/trump-says-couldnt-have-exposed-wwii-vets-covid19-because-wind-blowing-wrong-way

Jesus h Christ the guy is not playing with a full deck. It's up there with wind turbines causing cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus h Christ the guy is not playing with a full deck. It's up there with wind turbines causing cancer.

The funniest thing is, if Biden had said that we would have Trumps supporters shouting about how this proves Biden has dementia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

So trump thinks that all of a sudden the VPs press secretary tested positive ? I think Donald trump doesn't understand how an incumbation period works. And it doesn't mean there's an issue with testing, which is why just because he and the VP tested negative doesn't mean they won't test positive at some point.

Well the best part of it all is that he uses the fact that he and his staff are tested regularly as justification when they go into medical facilities without wearing masks, but now regular testing isn’t all that great because Katie was “testing very good” and now is positive “all of a sudden”. He’s a few sandwiches short of a picnic. .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

duploelabs wrote: »

It really does highlight how little Trump pays attention to the briefings he should / would be getting. To have been in the job 3 years, surrounded by any expert or information you might need, yet still blather an ignorance so profoundly off base - that takes quite a concerted level of blunt force idiocy. I can't fathom someone being that lacking in basic intellectual curiosity. I had read soon after inauguration he refused to read briefings (and required condensing to one page, sprinkled with mentions of Trump's name to ensure he read them), so maybe it's a case that he just doesn't know. Maybe his aides and attendants have given up even trying to play Trump Whisperer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It just further highlights how little respect he has for his followers intelligence tbh, and I suppose you can't say he's wrong

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

pixelburp wrote: »
    It really does highlight how little Trump pays attention to the briefings he should / would be getting. To have been in the job 3 years, surrounded by any expert or information you might need, yet still blather an ignorance so profoundly off base - that takes quite a concerted level of blunt force idiocy. I can't fathom someone being that lacking in basic intellectual curiosity. I had read soon after inauguration he refused to read briefings (and required condensing to one page, sprinkled with mentions of Trump's name to ensure he read them), so maybe it's a case that he just doesn't know. Maybe his aides and attendants have given up even trying to play Trump Whisperer.

He doesn't need Intel as he's got the biggest you know what ever and a really good aptitude for this kind of thing as the scientists all tell him.
    He doesn't need any projection figures as he's got all the metrics he needs right here (points to his head).
    He's claimed all of those things so the USA is in safe hands.

You'd miss Pete, sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are they getting swabs shoved up their noses daily or do they have a fingerprick test yet? The swab test is extremely uncomfortable and I couldn't see anyone getting a senile baby like Trump to submit to it every day, wonder if he's lying about daily testing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thargor wrote: »
    Are they getting swabs shoved up their noses daily or do they have a fingerprick test yet? The swab test is extremely uncomfortable and I couldn't see anyone getting a senile baby like Trump to submit to it every day, wonder if he's lying about daily testing?

The second type I think. It's called the abbot test or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah, here's a picture of him with one. If they're doing only one test at a time that 5 mins per test can really add up. Bulk testing would use a different setup.

GettyImages-1208677980.jpg?4ShWkZc9gvn6QmkNuF9SF5w6cMaXclxg&itok=fNcMkMxd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭eire4

You would think it would be hard to simultaneously play down the importance of testing while also conducting almost daily tests in the administration, you would think.

It is similar to his rant about how wrong postal voting is during a briefing yet he had just voted by post which was pointed out by a reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Fun fact. My next door neighbour is involved in the team who delivered that test

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A private video call of Obamas has been leaked in which he criticizes Trumps reponse to the virus.
    Former US President Barack Obama has strongly criticised his successor Donald Trump over his response to the coronavirus crisis. In a private conference call, he called the US handling of the pandemic "an absolute chaotic disaster".

Mr Obama has said he wants to play a larger role supporting Joe Biden in the presidential election in November. His new remarks were made in a call meant to encourage former staff to work for Mr Biden's campaign, CNN reports.

Mr Trump's approach to government was partly to blame for the US response to coronavirus, Mr Obama said.

"It would have been bad even with the best of government," he was quoted as saying in the call. "It has been an absolute chaotic disaster when that mindset -- of 'what's in it for me' and 'to heck with everybody else' -- when that mindset is operationalized in our government."

Mr Obama also strongly criticised the decision to drop criminal charges against former national security adviser Michael Flynn during the Trump-Russia investigation.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52602580

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Doubt if Obama or Biden are very disturbed or surprised, at the leaking. The former president will get the headlines that Biden can't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Water John wrote: »
    Doubt if Obama or Biden are very disturbed or surprised, at the leaking. The former president will get the headlines that Biden can't get.

Yeah, probably quite intentional. I don't have Twitter so won't be checking but I'm sure a tweetstorm isn't too far away, if it hasn't happened already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

CNN is reporting that both Dr Redfield [head of the CDC group] and the head of the FDA have put themselves into voluntary self-quarantine in respect of any possible infection through contact with a person in the White House, though Dr Redfield has reportedly said he would go to the White House if needed there, but wearing a mask. A name has been used in the report in reference to a person in the White House who is related to a senior advisor to Don Trump. The testing of both President and V/P has been increased from weekly to daily as mentioned here earlier by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Which gives about 15-20% false negatives...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I listened to a podcast about the trump whitehouse. It says trumps policy is guided by what he read or what someone said to him in the last 5minutes. He has a short attention span and his staff are mostly people who are loyal to him
    and right wingers. You don, t need to very intelligent or competent or an expert in any field to get a job in the white house. So of course the result is the US response to
    The covid crisis is a disaster. He wants business,s to open
    Even before widespread testing is available because he thinks it will help him to get elected. At this point many us hospitals rely on private citizens to donate gowns masks and gloves as the federal government is not organising
    a proper supply chain for ppe supplys
    He is very stupid or else he doe, s care that 1000,s of workers in shops will die for no good reason because
    they are at risk of getting the virus.
    The white house policy is a business can open it does not
    have to take certain precautions to stop the spread of the virus apart from having rules on social distancing and limiting no of customers
    Eg bars and cafes can only have 50per cent of the no
    of customers they had before covid 19 appeared
    When new shops open in Ireland there's a long list of rules they will have to follow or else they will have to shut down
    They only reason the virus is now under control in new york is because the governor took control of the situation
    and followed the advice of medical experts and closed most business, s apart from food shops and chemist, s
    Even now each state is bidding against other states to buy
    Ppe equipment and paying over the normal price to get anything. One week he says one thing and than the next week he contradicts his own opinion.
    This virus will not dissappear the only hope for America is
    every one must be tested a certain no of people will die and the virus will maybe fade away when there,s only a few people left who have it.
    It seems to be gone from new Zealand now
    But nz is a small country which is easy to lockdown
    and its far away from other country's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

riclad wrote: »
    I listened to a podcast about the trump whitehouse......................................................
    and its far away from other country's

riclad.....that was a tough read!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aloyisious wrote: »
    CNN is reporting that both Dr Redfield [head of the CDC group] and the head of the FDA have put themselves into voluntary self-quarantine in respect of any possible infection through contact with a person in the White House, though Dr Redfield has reportedly said he would go to the White House if needed there, but wearing a mask. A name has been used in the report in reference to a person in the White House who is related to a senior advisor to Don Trump. The testing of both President and V/P has been increased from weekly to daily as mentioned here earlier by others.

Fauci also reported to be in self-isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Fauci also reported to be in self-isolation.

Uh-huh, himself and most of the heads of the cdc and FDA will isolate and work from home.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I expect trump to go in on Obama today after his comments were leaked. Big League !!!

Water John wrote: »

Unfortunately Trump and his lackies will pick that “it would have been bad with the best of government” quote and convince plenty of the uneducated that Obama thinks he’s doing “the best job that’s ever been done, ever”.

signostic wrote: »
    Which gives about 15-20% false negatives...

Has a whack of the Theranos machine off it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I expect trump to go in on Obama today after his comments were leaked. Big League !!!

Can he have a go anymore than he has? Not like he hasn't put everything at Obama's feet when convenient - or not. Trump's obsession with badmouthing Obama, or rolling back his legislation was already peak. Ironically this leak mightn't have much effect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

fullstop wrote: »
    Has a whack of the Theranos machine off it.

Theranos machine wasn't even close to that accurate.

Amusingly, remember James Mattis, one time WH Chief of Staff? He was on the Theranos board. As was Henry Kissinger. A sad story of criminality pushed by stupid old white dudes drooling after some tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

How many times has Trump ever owned up to wrongdoing in his life? Regarding his response to the Coronavirus, the closest he would get to admitting he was any less than perfect would be to blame his advisors. Push him a bit more, and he'd say his failing was not to listen to his instincts (which were correct, of course), instead deciding to take on the opinion of (so-called) experts who were propped up by the fake news media.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    How many times has Trump ever owned up to wrongdoing in his life? Regarding his response to the Coronavirus, the closest he would get to admitting he was any less than perfect would be to blame his advisors. Push him a bit more, and he'd say his failing was not to listen to his instincts (which were correct, of course), instead deciding to take on the opinion of (so-called) experts who were propped up by the fake news media.

I cannot find a link to back it up. But I believe when asked if they've failed in anything in their coronavirus pandemic, Kushner replied that they could've communicated their successes better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement