Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I happened to catch some of trumps press conference just now and he's in his own world where all his actions are perfect and everything is and is going to be great. He's clearly not been told the reality or if he is he's intentionally not hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

da_miser wrote: »
    Its very real
    Grown women screeching at the mention of his name
    Complete 180 degree turn around on media stances on issues, Bitch about US troops in Afganistan and when Trump states he is withdrawing the troops, the media demands that they stay.

Which media?

The media were completely silent on Trumps no longer reporting civilian deaths via drones. Same media who tore Obama apart over drone strikes for 8 years yet we hear nothing about Trump on issue despite civilian deaths massively increasing under his watch..
    Melania wears a white dress, she gets criticised for being too old to wear white, a few days later Hilary wears a white pant suit, its a powerful statement, a fashion victory.

Which media?

I do remember the national crisis over Obamas tan suit and djion mustard on his burger though.
    Believe women, demand blood over Kavanaugh while turn a blind eye to Biden.

One was a solid case, the other clearly isn't. Reades gotten lots of airtime last two weeks despite flimsy evidence.

The case against Kavanagh should have been enough to remove his nomination. Trump and the Republicans could easily have picked one of a dozen+ better candidates to replace him.
    The Media has found a way to generate views and clicks from a guaranteed percentage of the public, those infected with TDS, so the media has run with it.
    Those of us not so easily taken in by spin can see what is going on, the TDS sufferers are locked in a downward spiral, and will suffer even greater when Trump wins BIG in November.

Remember the Dems just lost in their California stronghold the other day to a Republican,

California 25th is not a democrat stronghold. Each election between 92 and 2016 a Republican won. Democrats first win in nearly 30 years in district came in 2018...
    supposedly while Trump is making a disaster of Covid-19.
    How big will the victory be when covid is over and the economy is roaring back?

Ifs, buts and maybes.

What happens if economy doesn't come roaring back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

How would you rate the Irish response Covid-19. if Trump and USA is a disaster what would that make Leo and Ireland?
    Ireland 308.44 deaths per million
    USA 256.76 deaths per million

US hospitals in LA and NYC were overwhelmed and had to triage patients. Hospital ships had to be brought in to deal with crisis. There were so many deaths that they loaded dead bodies in trucks. There are mass graves in NYC area that can be seen by drones.

At no time in Ireland did our ICUs hit capacity and since forever Irish people have bemoaned our health service yet it stood up brilliantly.

The numbers per million tell you nothing. Ireland have included everyone and included those that potentially died from Covid 19, outside Belgium no other country on Earth is doing that.

The real US number is likely to be 10 times the official numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not many places can say, they got the response to Covid 19 fully right. Most places made mistakes but the US and UK are near the top of the list.
    In contrast the State of Kerela in India with a population of 35M people has had 4 deaths. The Health Minister first read about the Wuhan virus on Jan 20th. By the 24th Jan she had her action plan. She didn't hesitate or go into denial.
    It's really worth a read.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/the-coronavirus-slayer-how-keralas-rock-star-health-minister-helped-save-it-from-covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

So can we now call the Republican outcry to Obama wearing a beige suit ODS?

Not to mention the outcry over.... heavens above, a president using a selfie stick:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/4049982087001#sp=show-clips

Oh and when he saluted a marine with a coffee in his hand... oh the horror of it all
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-uses-coffee-cup-to-salute-marines

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

TDS has blinded too many posters

Is it any wonder people are going blind when the leader of the free world is advising them to drink bleach.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

You'd think that given the rate this virus is exposing him to be the liar loads of people have always said he is, some people may reconsider believing him on other things.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Anyone who has read the charter would know:
    High standards of debate and quality posts / threads are required. Repeated one liner, low quality style posts will result in a ban. Threads (and posts) that are not based on serious and legitimate Political discussion will be deleted without warning.

Posts about "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and who may be suffering from it don't belong here.

Several posters have been sanctioned and posts have been deleted.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

FatherTed wrote: »
    Not to mention the outcry over.... heavens above, a president using a selfie stick:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/4049982087001#sp=show-clips

Oh and when he saluted a marine with a coffee in his hand... oh the horror of it all
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-uses-coffee-cup-to-salute-marines

You left out one of the most heinous crimes by Obama, the time he wore a bicycle helmet when cycling:eek: The daily show have a list of them on youtube, search The Worst Scandal in Presidential History.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Hackers demanding $42 million for dirt they have on Trump, apparently this group are legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Odd figure to arrive at, and I'm not even gonna get into how to know if some anonymous"group" is legit or what the criteria is, but **** it. Pay the money :)

But only if it's something so mind-blowingly bad that state TV can't spin it. Pointless otherwise and especially if it's something morally reprehensible, they just won't care.

Matter of fact, who are they demanding it from? I reckon a go fund me could do it in a matter of weeks if not sooner. Bloomberg should just buy it, or Amazon guy. After doing the due diligence of course. I have no problem with playing by the same rules the opposition employ

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Hackers demanding $42 million for dirt they have on Trump, apparently this group are legit.

It was was 21 million previously which wasn't paid. The original demand related to data they had stolen from different companies. Now it's 42 million because they say they have info about trump now.

A lifetime in federal prison awaits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Blueshoe wrote: »
    It was was 21 million previously which wasn't paid. The original demand related to data they had stolen from different companies. Now it's 42 million because they say they have info about trump now.

A lifetime in federal prison awaits them.

I would say there is good chance that they are out of reach of US jurisdiction

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hard to know what counts as 'Dirt on Trump' these days given the precidence and his Teflon nature

I would say there is good chance that they are out of reach of US jurisdiction

The Us has eyes and ears and influence all over. Unless they are based in China they are not safe. Acts of blackmail against the president of the United States of America is a no no.

Who are they asking the money from? The initial 21 million had nothing to do with Trump so is it split or what is the story?

The Us has eyes and ears and influence all over. Unless they are based in China they are not safe. Acts of blackmail against the president of the United States of America is a no no.

Who are they asking the money from? The initial 21 million had nothing to do with Trump so is it split or what is the story?
    Who's to say they won't launder the information through a supposed unbiased hacker group like wikileaks for example?

It's a proven method

duploelabs wrote: »
    Who's to say they won't launder the information through a supposed unbiased hacker group like wikileaks for example?

It's a proven method

Possibly but that kind of set up ruined Julian assanges life. Would you be in a rush to get involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This quote is part of Don's speech in Allentown, Pennsylvania on Thursday. The topic is Covid-19. “We have more cases than anybody in the world,” Trump said while speaking in Allentown, Pennsylvania on Thursday. “But why? Because we do more testing. When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”

Taken the quote on it's own, it depicts Don as a person with the logic of sweeping the problem under the carpet instead of sorting it out will get rid of it but joining it with the second part "“So we have the best testing in the world,” Trump continued. “It could be the testing is, frankly, overrated? Maybe it is overrated. But whatever they start yelling, we want more, we want more. You know, they always say ‘we want more, we want more’ because they don’t want to give you credit.” it indicates that Don is a short attention-span person who wants the problem of having to deal with Covid-19 to just go away from his desk and thinks it will if no one keeps talking about it and dealing with it, that he thinks the "THEY" people are just ingrates who won't be satisfied with anything he does, and that the "THEY" people are the doctors. With that in mind, I wonder how he behaves towards the medic showing up with the Covid-19 swab test kit. I don't think the next president should look under the carpet Don is leaving in the office.

Actually, reading it back leaves me wondering if he was making a reference to what the testing of White House staff revealed, that Covid-19 had got inside that house and he would prefer if that testing had not taken place? That would be scary in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it would have to be something like an abortion to actually hurt Trump. I'm not sure that would do it myself, he's already the 'imperfect vessel of God' in those circles. Either way, I'll bet that hacker group is just looking to pull a fast one and have nothing.

kowloon wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it would have to be something like an abortion to actually hurt Trump. I'm not sure that would do it myself, he's already the 'imperfect vessel of God' in those circles. Either way, I'll bet that hacker group is just looking to pull a fast one and have nothing.

Or perhaps its that supposed Kompromat that's meant to exist

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kowloon wrote: »

Think that was me but I'd stand by it. Abortion is the line even evangelicals wouldn't cross for an "imperfect vessel", at least that's my perspective. They can forgive infidelity (probably cos of those impure thoughts they have for their co-workers and au pairs), but baby killing? It's second only to "taking our guns" in the paranoid screed of the anti democrat conservative. The Sunk Cost fallacy might dictate it being too late to make too much of a difference, but IMO it'd severely damage his support. Maybe, then again, it is America and you gotta pick a side.

Agree that the hackers are just spoofing, feels like a nothing story. Maybe even a false positive to prove bias or obsession from the "anti Trump" factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How many abortions do we reckon Donnie's paid for over the years?

Easily double figures for me

Former president Obama is going to give a televised graduation address to the class of 2020 for students who won't get to graduate as they normally would. It'll be across several networks in prime time. Incoming tweet storm expected from trump tonight. Over/under on obamagates ? I'd say at least ten.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    How many abortions do we reckon Donnie's paid for over the years?

Easily double figures for me

At least 250k would be my guess. Sure why wouldn't he

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Well he has called himself a defender of unborn children and said there should be some form of punishment for women who choose to have an abortion.

He's just pulling the wool over the eyes of his legions of clapping seals again I guess *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Former president Obama is going to give a televised graduation address to the class of 2020 for students who won't get to graduate as they normally would. It'll be across several networks in prime time. Incoming tweet storm expected from trump tonight. Over/under on obamagates ? I'd say at least ten.

I hope he uses it to gut Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump will already be gutted that they have not asked him :D

I doubt Obama mentions trump by name at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

At least 250k would be my guess. Sure why wouldn't he

The man has boasted the 90s were his own personal Vietnam due to all the sex he was having that he didnt get an std cus sometimes...
    "The problem is that sometimes your own chemicals take over and you can't wait."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Well he has called himself a defender of unborn children and said there should be some form of punishment for women who choose to have an abortion.

He consistently says one thing and does the opposite, that doesn't bother his followers, who either BS their way around the obvious hypocrisy or just kill it with 'all politicians lie'.
    If there was video evidence of something so terrible it couldn't be excused it would be discounted as a deep fake. Evidence just doesn't matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement