Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,549 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

mariaalice wrote: »

Am.i missing something? What's that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Well.. Fox "News" shrieked "That't just silly" for several hours across multiple shows but then Fox Entertainment/Political opinion came on (Carlson/Hannity & Ingraham) and said it was brilliant and gave out about the Terrible liberal media politicising it and attacking the president for doing it , vilifying all the usual suspects - CNN , MSNBC etc. but managing to completely ignore the fact that their own channels actual journalists were saying exactly the same thing..

They really are utter Charlatans.

Well Neil Cavuto didn't exactly shriek, but he did say very clearly that it could kill you and to ignore the President's advice.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2020/05/18/neil-cavuto-warns-viewers-against-following-trumps-advice-on-drug-be-very-very-careful/#79ffde472740

But then right enough they started to find all kinds of ways of wriggling round it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

kowloon wrote: »
    Or it could just be BS. It's not like his doctor can go telling people what he prescribed him.

I honestly don't know which is worse, either that he is stupid enough to take it, or, frankly, evil enough to pretend he is. You'd think he couldn't top the disinfectant remarks, but he may well have done it here. And yet still people will defend him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kowloon wrote: »
    Or it could just be BS. It's not like his doctor can go telling people what he prescribed him.

Firstly, I don't believe him. I think he's telling porkies and give it a couple of weeks will claim bold as brass at a conference he never said he took it (with some snipe that it was a "nasty" question from the journalist). Fox News will wash the laundry and black will be white once more.

Second, he's not only the US President, but a patently mercurial, insecure one. I daresay if the President wants hydroxychloroquine, a conveniently mislaid perscription pad will be found somewhere. I'd look to Harold Bornstein, Trump's personal doctor (a gastroenterologist IIRC). Not like we don't understand how there are one set of rules for the rich, and one for the rest of us ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

Latest tweet from Donald.

@FoxNews is no longer the same. We miss the great Roger Ailes. You have more anti-Trump people, by far, than ever before. Looking for a new outlet!

That’s quite an endorsement for Fox News. Does this mean that we now have to start taking them seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

abff wrote: »

@FoxNews is no longer the same. We miss the great Roger Ailes. You have more anti-Trump people, by far, than ever before. Looking for a new outlet!

That’s quite an endorsement for Fox News. Does this mean that we now have to start taking them seriously?

Didn’t Ailes get fired for harassing women?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

pixelburp wrote: »
    Firstly, I don't believe him. I think he's telling porkies and give it a couple of weeks will claim bold as brass at a conference he never said he took it (with some snipe that it was a "nasty" question from the journalist). Fox News will wash the laundry and black will be white once more.

Second, he's not only the US President, but a patently mercurial, insecure one. I daresay if the President wants hydroxychloroquine, a conveniently mislaid perscription pad will be found somewhere. I'd look to Harold Bornstein, Trump's personal doctor (a gastroenterologist IIRC). Not like we don't understand how there are one set of rules for the rich, and one for the rest of us ...

It's only three weeks ago that he rolled out the "I was being sarcastic" excuse when asked about the comment he made about injecting lysol at a briefing last month so he'll probably do so again soon. https://www.ajc.com/news/don-inject-disinfectants-lysol-warns-trump-raises-idea/BNJjLbhWv8XQX3bgc3T2ZN/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

We miss the great sex pest Roger Ailes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Isn’t actually commendable that he is practicing what he is preaching ? That he is actually taking this potential poison that he is advocating
    He's not. He knows that if he says he's taking it, it'll drive up sales of the drug and the stock price of the company that makes them.

He has a financial interest in it, so that'll benefit him.

It's also a useful distraction.

But he's not taking the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I've actually just gone into his Twitter page and read the last 2 days worth of tweets. To call it "scattergun" would be generous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

seamus wrote: »
    He's not. He knows that if he says he's taking it, it'll drive up sales of the drug and the stock price of the company that makes them.

He has a financial interest in it, so that'll benefit him.

It's also a useful distraction.

But he's not taking the drug.

I don't think he has a direct financial interest - His promotion of the drug is purely based on the need to have "something" that people can think helps to allow him to accelerate the re-opening of the country.

Same as the Bleach and the Torch insertion..

Just make people think that there's a "cure" , efficacy or side-effects be damned..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I've actually just gone into his Twitter page and read the last 2 days worth of tweets.

Why would you do that? I'd sooner put a ferret down my trousers. The general rule with him that if he Tweets it, or actual words come out his mouth they are generally worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I've actually just gone into his Twitter page and read the last 2 days worth of tweets. To call it "scattergun" would be generous.

That's very generous. Honestly, its better to avoid that rabbit hole. That whole Twitter account is coming from a very very dark place.

Didn't Roger Ailes leave Fox News after being sued for sexual harrassment? A great endorsement from the President once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

abff wrote: »

He has done this several times now, it is like his falling out with Barr. All pantomime. They will get back in line for a few days and then it will be business as usual. He probably still has his eye on Trump tv when he gets out of office so no harm starting to erode Fox's base. Ailes plan was not to fight for 100% of the total audience, it was to have 100% of the right wing audience as they were the only game in town. This is why they don't tell the truth, they just tell the right sides truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Barr's announcement that there won't be investigations of Trump or Biden/Obama as that would be political due to the election, is nothing more than providing cover for Trump to scream about "Obamagate" without having to actually back it up with any evidence. He can't, because Barr won't allow it. Same way he couldn't release his tax returns because they were under audit. They weren't, it was just an excuse to not have to actually back up anything he said about them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

FrostyJack wrote: »
    He has done this several times now, it is like his falling out with Barr. All pantomime. They will get back in line for a few days and then it will be business as usual. He probably still has his eye on Trump tv when he gets out of office so no harm starting to erode Fox's base. Ailes plan was not to fight for 100% of the total audience, it was to have 100% of the right wing audience as they were the only game in town. This is why they don't tell the truth, they just tell the right sides truth.

Already in the works - Don Jr. has invested in OANN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Classic Trump distraction. The media will be talking about this for a few days instead of the pertinent news regarding Barr and the IG.

This constant belief that Trump is always playing some sort of incredible 4D chess is such a reach.

Like him standing up and taking a dump on his desk in front of cameras, it is a distraction but that doesn't mean it is in anyway smart. He could have spent that whole press conference pointing to the stock market having its biggest jump in 6 weeks, the positive news on vaccines, the relatively smooth opening that states have seen so far but instead all the focus on him again potentially risking the lives of voters with magical cures.

At this stage Pompeo getting an IG fired isn't going to move the needle for voters. Trump is obviously corrupt, highlighting one more corrupt action isn't going to suddenly be the straw that broke the camel's back and have his base turn against him. What is much more likely to impact them is his followers start dying due to his lead or if they request it from their doctor they've trusted for decades and they explain how following what the president said will potentially kill them.

Add to it that the IG story isn't a one day deal that will now go away, the House and reporters will be investigating heavily and more will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That's 37 miles a month. 48 months at the same rate is 1,800 miles. Even if every single mile of the previously extant 650 needs to be replaced, the current rate would finish all construction by the end of the fourth term.

But the maths under the current construction schedule does check out.

37 miles of wall built a month is basically 2 kilometers per day, every day for 7 days a week throughout the month. Unless they are working 24/7 on this Im not seeing how they can build at that kind of pace, even the Chinese would struggle to maintain that kind construction efficiency. Plus the fact they are more than three years into it, if they havent reached this target of 2 kilometers per day by now its pretty unlikely they're going to meet it.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    37 miles of wall built a month is basically 2 kilometers per day, every day for 7 days a week throughout the month. Unless they are working 24/7 on this Im not seeing how they can build at that kind of pace, even the Chinese would struggle to maintain that kind construction efficiency. Plus the fact they are more than three years into it, if they havent reached this target of 2 kilometers per day by now its pretty unlikely they're going to meet it.

Plus , so far they've been building/re-building the easy bits - As already mentioned there's the geology/geography of some places that will make it much harder and slower.

And that's before you get into the multitude of lawsuits that will cascade down on them when they start having to issue eminent domain purchase orders for all the private land that the wall would have to go through..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That's very generous. Honestly, its better to avoid that rabbit hole. That whole Twitter account is coming from a very very dark place.

Didn't Roger Ailes leave Fox News after being sued for sexual harrassment? A great endorsement from the President once again.
    I went on to see the Ailes comment and just had a gander. I like to peak behind sometimes to see how the sausages are made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dont think Trump will be happy with Pelosi calling him morbidly obese
    Washington — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned Monday that President Trump should not be taking hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug the president has touted as a treatment for COVID-19, given his age and because he is "morbidly obese."

"As far as the president is concerned, he's our president and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group, morbidly obese, they say," Pelosi said during an interview with CNN on Monday night. "So I think it's not a good idea."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pelosi-responds-trump-hydroxychloroquine-morbidly-obese/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I got some laugh off that earlier on, can imagine his fragile ego taking that well alright :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭amandstu

I got some laugh off that earlier on, can imagine his fragile ego taking that well alright :D

Yes,was that deliberate?He is not morbidly obese ,just obese(if it is fair to use that term in a non medical way)

Is she needling him ?Will he respond that he is only a little ,healthily overweight?

Will he rather take a pot shot at her physique?

Will he maintain a dignified silence and invite further in coming fire?

Obesity is a commorbidity condition ,all the same no matter whether he is "morbidly obese" or just "obese"

Perhaps we can revisit his 6ft 2 in height controversy since it's bmi related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dont think Trump will be happy with Pelosi calling him morbidly obese

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pelosi-responds-trump-hydroxychloroquine-morbidly-obese/
    With her using 'they say' it has a nice echo with Trump's 'a lot of people are saying' type phrases

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

amandstu wrote: »
    Yes,was that deliberate?He is not morbidly obese ,just obese(if it is fair to use that term in a non medical way)

Is she needling him ?Will he respond that he is only a little ,healthily overweight?

Will he rather take a pot shot at her physique?

Will he maintain a dignified silence and invite further in coming fire?

Obesity is a commorbidity condition ,all the same no matter whether he is "morbidly obese" or just "obese"

Perhaps we can revisit his 6ft 2 in height controversy since it's bmi related.
    He's morbidly obese if you believe the people that state that his weight is a lie. There was an article the first time he claimed a weight just slightly below the 'morbidly obese' cutoff, where the writer polled a bunch of experts, including a 62 year 'guess your weight' guy from a Carnival, who, far as I can tell, was just as qualified as the Doctors they polled. That fellow guessed Trump weighed around 252 pounds, for his height well into morbidly obese. Looking at him, he sure seems to look like it especially when he's not in his baggy, custom-tailored-to-make-him-appear-slim, suits (like when golfing without a jacket.)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/10/06/just-how-big-is-trump-we-asked-5-experts-to-you-guessed-it-weigh-in/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭amandstu

With her using 'they say' it has a nice echo with Trump's 'a lot of people are saying' type phrases

Let's hope it is echoing around his head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Foxtrol wrote:
    Like him standing up and taking a dump on his desk in front of cameras, it is a distraction but that doesn't mean it is in anyway smart. He could have spent that whole press conference pointing to the stock market having its biggest jump in 6 weeks, the positive news on vaccines, the relatively smooth opening that states have seen so far but instead all the focus on him again potentially risking the lives of voters with magical cures.

I never said he was smart. But it gives the media that's on his side an excuse to focus on a lesser issue than the relevant one at hand. I'm certain it's not his doing, but it works to his advantage constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting that the USG is cutting off an emergency deployment of the National Guard in support of Covid-19 testing and other activities 1 day shy of the Guardsmen gaining 3 months bonus to their retirement time and qualifications for tuition assistance. Well, they fired an FBI director just before his retirement, why not save some more taxpayer money at some Guardsmen's expense?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514?nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=00000169-00da-d818-adef-e6fb90980000&nlid=630318

Igotadose wrote: »
    He's morbidly obese if you believe the people that state that his weight is a lie. There was an article the first time he claimed a weight just slightly below the 'morbidly obese' cutoff, where the writer polled a bunch of experts, including a 62 year 'guess your weight' guy from a Carnival, who, far as I can tell, was just as qualified as the Doctors they polled. That fellow guessed Trump weighed around 252 pounds, for his height well into morbidly obese. Looking at him, he sure seems to look like it especially when he's not in his baggy, custom-tailored-to-make-him-appear-slim, suits (like when golfing without a jacket.)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/10/06/just-how-big-is-trump-we-asked-5-experts-to-you-guessed-it-weigh-in/

To be fair - I don't think he would make it in to the Clinical definition of Morbid Obesity (BMI over 40) - for his height , even if you shave of the disputed inch or two he'd have to be over 300 pounds to get to a BMI of 40.

He definitely isn't as tall as he claims and is certainly 25 to 30 pounds heavier than he claims to be but that would still only have him somewhere around 35 for BMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I went on to see the Ailes comment and just had a gander. I like to peak behind sometimes to see how the sausages are made.

More arsehole in those sausages than the own brand in Asda. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement