Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Probably one of the first things a Biden presidency would do, but in the interim this could cause chaos along the logistical structure of the country's fight against CoVid (or other health related initiatives of course, it's not all pandemics). A garbage fire of a presidency, no rhyme or reason beyond sheer conspiratorial petulance.

Donald trump doesn't care though and that's the whole point. Multiple reports that if science or intelligence reports don't align with his world view then he ignores them, which is a very dangerous path to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dropping support for Hong Kong is baffling. It's like supporting china then going on a rant about making china pay. It's such a schizophrenic response.

Ending all deals with Hong Kong, talking about PRC robbing U.S tech property over the years with all other U.S Admins [except his of course] doing nothing about it.

How much does China own in the U.S and how much does it have in US$ in its foreign currency reserves? Steve Mnuchin must have some idea of how this will affect the U.S markets.

Is Trump going to authorize the sequestering of what his Treasury, Commerce and State Depts say are Chinese Govt assets on the U.S markets to stop the PRC from selling up first?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Look over here.

Look over there...

That's all hes at. He's annoyed by twitter because it's putting him on the spot and be can't do a thing is eo did nothing.

So

China.

Pulling out of who

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dropping support for Hong Kong is baffling. It's like supporting china then going on a rant about making china pay. It's such a schizophrenic response.

Trump to Hong Kong: I am going to support you in your efforts to have the Chinese Govt honour the deal it signed with the British Govt giving you independent power over your affairs for the next 17 years by cutting off recognition of your independent state and leaving you high and dry.

listermint wrote: »
    Look over here.

Look over there...

That's all hes at. He's annoyed by twitter because it's putting him on the spot and be can't do a thing is eo did nothing.

So

China.

Pulling out of who

There was a great line from one of the contributors on Nicole wallaces show yesterday in regard to the EO on social media. "A solution to a problem he doesn't have"

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    Trump to Hong Kong: I am going to support you in your efforts to have the Chinese Govt honour the deal it signed with the British Govt giving you independent power over your affairs for the next 17 years by cutting off recognition of your independent state and leaving you high and dry.

17 years ? Is it not 27 years. I'm sure I heard the deal was until 2047 but maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Trump as usual the first world leader to stand up for the rights of Hong Kong and pretty much the only leader to recognize and put pressure on the greatest threat to democracy since the start of democracy.

Took only a week for Trump himself to prove you wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

listermint wrote: »
    Look over here.

Look over there...

So

China.

Pulling out of who

The guy is an absolute joke. it's no surprise that the staff turnover in this administration is off the charts. Imagine trying to work for that. Rex Tillerson wasn't far off at all in his assessment of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Took only a week for Trump himself to prove you wrong.

Talk about a post coming back to bite you on the arsè :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's like a gaa manager complaining to the umpire because your keeper couldn't stop the ball going into the net. The coronavirus was a sliotar dropping into the square and every country had to defend against it however they could. The trump administration messed up.

This is the most Irish analogy I have ever seen in my life. 2020.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    17 years ? Is it not 27 years. I'm sure I heard the deal was until 2047 but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, you're right, it's 2047. I thought I heard Trump say 17 years during his statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

pixelburp wrote: »
    Probably one of the first things a Biden presidency would do, but in the interim this could cause chaos along the logistical structure of the country's fight against CoVid (or other health related initiatives of course, it's not all pandemics). A garbage fire of a presidency, no rhyme or reason beyond sheer conspiratorial petulance.

It won't even need to await Biden's Presidency. Any funds allocated to the WHO have been allocated by dint of Congressional approval. He can't simply decide to take funds that have been voted by Congress and pass them onto un-named actors of his choosing! IF that were the case, he could just buy another $120 millions worth of Hydroxychloroquine and call it done!

No chance he'll get away with it. .

IT'S ANOTHER 3-CARD TRICK from a carnival barking grifter, folks. Don't fall for it!

104,323 deaths in the USA due to Covid... and rising...
    Over 18,000 lies from this President.... and rising....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Quite a contrast when you look at Trump's comments when he is talking about white protesters and black.

It was about this time last week when a certain element were faux outraged by a poor joke Biden made and now Trump is out there saying black protesters should be shot.

https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/1266240283068362752?s=20
    How do you know which is which / black or white?
    Is he not saying looters should be shot - which is a fairly common response in US tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

Is he not saying looters should be shot - which is a fairly common response in US tbh

That is a pretty horrific response. If they start shooting they will have riots across the full country a day later. And at that point I doubt too many people will care what they burn down. They will know what kicked it off.

Like I mean what the hell. You don't open fire on a crowd of civilians that is mind numbingly horrific. If that is a common desire there in the states. I just have no words for how little value they put on human life. And how little they understand the motivations of those on the streets.

I should also point out he is quoting someone who was using the saying to put down marches for the civil rights movement in the 60s.

Very simple really.. He opened his comment by referring to protesters as 'thugs'. In his parlance, therefore he was clearly referring to non- white peop!e.

If he had been referring to gun-toting, meth-smoking, hog- riding white folks, or any combination thereof, he would have referred to them as 'fine people', 'patriots', 'my people' and such other epithets that he regularly uses to excuse/explain/exonerate the actions of his far-right, white supremacist legions.

Simple really.. It's all in the language...

Gintonious wrote: »
    This is the most Irish analogy I have ever seen in my life. 2020.

It's not wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Be interesting to see the effect of his recent behaviour on his polling with African Americans over the next few weeks, it should be a total wipeout for him, they're raging over the last few deaths (rightfully).

Thargor wrote: »
    Be interesting to see the effect of his recent behaviour on his polling with African Americans over the next few weeks, it should be a total wipeout for him, they're raging over the last few deaths (rightfully).

I don't believe the vast bulk of African Americans have been supporting Trump at all. Any ones who have supported hIm up to last week, despite his record over the last 3 years, won't care tuppence about what's happening in Minneapolis. They're totally committed to him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I think he has rowed back on that now. He doesn't think they SHOULD be shot, he thinks they end up getting shot like on Wed night.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266434153932894208

and it was a fact not a statement :confused: just to clear things up

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266434155543506945

And only "haters" would have a problem with “When the looting starts, the shooting starts”.

Ugh such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What happened to Obama's popularity among black Americans when no police officers were prosecuted during his time in office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I don't believe the vast bulk of African Americans have been supporting Trump at all. Any ones who have supported hIm up to last week, despite his record over the last 3 years, won't care tuppence about what's happening in Minneapolis. They're totally committed to him at this stage.

I read that one of the reasons that Trump won ultimately is that democrat voters didnt turn out in large enough numbers and republicans did as always so he won because the democrat vote from which a sizable number would be minorities didnt come out to negate the republicans advantage in the key states in the national collage.

Something like this along with the piss poor responce to covid and god knows what else happens between now and November could be enough to either supress republican voters this time or mobilise the dem base in such numbers as to give Biden the landslide win, he only needs the key battleground states to vote for him to Banish this twat for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What happened to Obama's popularity among black Americans when no police officers were prosecuted during his time in office?
    Dont recall Obama siding with Nazis or calling for any shootings on Twitter during his term but Im sure you see things differently through your usual unique viewpoint.

WTF?

Obama?? We're discussing 2020, Sunshine! Pre-2017 is of little interest when over 103,000 US folks have died so far IN 2020 ALONE, while a narcissistic fool ignored updates, intelligence and advice FOR WEEKS, which, had it been acted upon, could have saved MANY THOUSANDS of lives!

Keep up, and please stop trying to deflect from the total **** show that is Trump in America!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What has that got to do with anything going on right now? Whataboutery if ever I saw it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This thread is about the current presidency. Don't derail it please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I saw this synopsis of the Trump v Twitter saga.
    Succinct but detailed and informative from a youtuber called 'tldr news'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

MadYaker wrote: »
    To be fair to the white supremacists in Michigan, their protest while armed was peaceful, they didn’t do any looting or rioting.

Oh yeah. A great bunch of lads. When did armed civilians last take over streets and public places? Germany 1936 or so?

New video taken from across the street shows 3 police officers knelt on Floyd during the arrest, not just Chauvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Or it could cause them to just say "**** it!" to voting at all. 2 white guys bickering over who gets to wear the big boy pants wont hold much sway if they feel neither really gives a damn about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ykLfm2e.jpg

I particularly liked the comments for this: 'Nostradumbass strikes again!'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement