Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's actually incredible how there's always a tweet.

It's amazing how prescient he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's actually incredible how there's always a tweet.

It's amazing how prescient he is.

And not just for domestic events

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216356280933273600?s=19

Also incase the Friday night release was missed with other events,

“These track exactly with Flynn’s plea deal. He lied to the FBI about his sanctions discussions with Kislyak, and he lied about the discussion on the UN vote,” Moss wrote. “He lied. Repeatedly. These documents are not exculpatory for Flynn. They reiterate his guilt for violating 18 USC 1001.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/this-is-exactly-what-collusion-looks-like-attorneys-say-declassified-flynn-kislyak-transcript-confirm-flynns-guilt/

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

So now's the bit when the national leader comes out and appeals for calm, tries to bring people together.

Something like 'I know people are hurting, I know the black community is hurting but these actions don't help us. We' re in a time of unprecented catastrophe for the US, all of the US, and we need to act together' Then something about better tomorrow and he can segway into his economic recovery stuff.

Took me 3 mins. Let's see how the stable genius does.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

America is fair broken at the moment, it's been broken for some time but having Trump as their president is like putting gasoline onto the fire.

America desperately need Biden to win in November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Headshot wrote: »
    America is fair broken at the moment, it's been broken for some time but having Trump as their president is like putting gasoline onto the fire.

It's a barely functioning society at this stage. Totally and utterly divided. Another 4 years of this would finish them as a superpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Headshot wrote: »

Democrats need to take the Senate. After that, even if Trump is still President, just let him play golf and b*tch about them on Fox & Friends all he likes. But take the Senate, and bypass him to enact real change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's a barely functioning society at this stage. Totally and utterly divided. Another 4 years of this would finish them as a superpower.

Are they already though? Between the WHO decision, Paris Accord dropout, tearing up the Iran deal and countless other decisions such as the State Department being gutted during Tillersons reign, America's international clout can suggested as shot. Arguably moreso than post Iraq War II. Their fabled Soft Power feels lessened, especially with China ascendent and Russia flexing their own influence. The EU has its own muscle - CoVid fallout notwithstanding. Teddy Roosevelt must be spinning in his grave.

Militarily I couldn't guess where the US sits, there's no sense of much happening there. Hard to see how Biden restores that loss of face. The facade has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trumps latest tweets about hiding in the whitehouse are Quite a striking image.... it’s mad that he would think posting this would be a good idea.. makes him look very weak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Stone got his call to jail-date by 30 June, said he'll appeal it along with his conviction. However his appeal for a new trial was rejected a few weeks back.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/roger-stone-prison-date/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Gen Michael Flynn phone calls have been released. No wrong doing found within. No corruption and no collusion.

A democrat hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Took only a week for Trump himself to prove you wrong.

Erm no. I think you and most in this echo chamber don't have the slightest clue about the HK situation. He is supporting HK (as in the protestors, or 80% of those living in HK). He can't really hurt China without hurting HK. The protestors want recognition of what China is doing and pro-dems have stated themselves that this new security law ends one country two systems. Trump has supported that and is no longer going to allow the mainland to earn money by using the Economic advantages given to HK.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but happy to educate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Erm no. I think you and most in this echo chamber don't have the slightest clue about the HK situation. He is supporting HK (as in the protestors, or 80% of those living in HK). He can't really hurt China without hurting HK. The protestors want recognition of what China is doing and pro-dems have stated themselves that this new security law ends one country two systems. Trump has supported that and is no longer going to allow the mainland to earn money by using the Economic advantages given to HK.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but happy to educate you.

So he is standing up for them by refusing to stand up to China?

The British has extended visas for HK residents. Has Trump done the same? Has he announced a new embassy in HK like he did in Jerusalem?

He has done the very least he could have done. He is scared of China,

But he hasn't a leg to stand on. How can he face Xi and tell him to act better towards the protestors when he said he was happy to shot his own people?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump has a pandemic and a divided country to deal with. Protests about the treatment of blacks, the out of control police departments, riots and looting. So he turns his attention on China. Even Twitter has slipped down his list of grievances for the moment.

Is anyone is paying any attention to him at all at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Christy42 wrote: »
    That is a pretty horrific response. If they start shooting they will have riots across the full country a day later. And at that point I doubt too many people will care what they burn down. They will know what kicked it off.

Like I mean what the hell. You don't open fire on a crowd of civilians that is mind numbingly horrific. If that is a common desire there in the states. I just have no words for how little value they put on human life. And how little they understand the motivations of those on the streets.

I should also point out he is quoting someone who was using the saying to put down marches for the civil rights movement in the 60s.
    Looters are shot in US it has plenty of history in that regard... in fact a lot of illegal activity can get you shot in US.
    If someone is burning down shops buildings cars etc it's no more protest in USA than it is in Tallaght. Don't obey the cops, you might get shot.
    Even preventing illegal activity can get you shot.. If the police are busy killing a guy in the street you would likely be killed yourself for intervening.

I'm worried that a guy like chevaun can be an armed cop with so many complaints against him.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/chauvin-shootings-complaints-minneapolis-floyd

National guard will attempt to restore order.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-30/national-guard-summoned-to-aid-cities-amid-police-clashes

I don't want to get into a pointless and hollow discussion on the value of human life. The politicians, the media and most people really don't care about human life until it affects them. People are more concerned about bathrooms for non existent genders then ending wars, that's a fact. They happily go along with media lies justifying "freedom" wars in Libya, Syria etc. They were happy when Serbian towns had cluster bombs dropped on them, when a train was hit by cruise missiles, when a TV station was bombed. For America, if they wage enough war and become so immune to it, don't be surprised to see war like behaviour on the streets. Trump was the anti war candidate, Hilary was the get tough candidate who cheered on airstrikes, but no one cared because she had a vajay-jay and we had to have a woman president - yay! Meanwhile, Tulsi Gabbard has since got nowhere on the anti war ticket.
    Instead, a hair sniffing moron was found to run against Trump and once again the dysfunctional politics of US are laid bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

Looters are shot in US it has plenty of history in that regard... in fact a lot of illegal activity can get you shot in US.
    If someone is burning down shops buildings cars etc it's no more protest in USA than it is in Tallaght. Don't obey the cops, you might get shot.
    Even preventing illegal activity can get you shot.. If the police are busy killing a guy in the street you would likely be killed yourself for intervening.

I'm worried that a guy like chevaun can be an armed cop with so many complaints against him.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-29/chauvin-shootings-complaints-minneapolis-floyd

National guard will attempt to restore order.
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-30/national-guard-summoned-to-aid-cities-amid-police-clashes

I don't want to get into a pointless and hollow discussion on the value of human life. The politicians, the media and most people really don't care about human life until it affects them. People are more concerned about bathrooms for non existent genders then ending wars, that's a fact. They happily go along with media lies justifying "freedom" wars in Libya, Syria etc. They were happy when Serbian towns had cluster bombs dropped on them, when a train was hit by cruise missiles, when a TV station was bombed. For America, if they wage enough war and become so immune to it, don't be surprised to see war like behaviour on the streets. Trump was the anti war candidate, Hilary was the get tough candidate who cheered on airstrikes, but no one cared because she had a vajay-jay and we had to have a woman president - yay! Meanwhile, Tulsi Gabbard has since got nowhere on the anti war ticket.
    Instead, a hair sniffing moron was found to run against Trump and once again the dysfunctional politics of US are laid bare.

Trump was never the anti war candidate, that was a flat out lie that was called out at the time. He has massively increased drone strikes. All he had done is shove the reporting of the damage he has done under a carpet. I agree Republicans have gotten into a twist on occasion on who is in what bathroom but I am not sure that is what you meant.

Certainly the US has lowe price on life. When was the last time shooting looters was suggested in Ireland? Never mind done.

Whatever about the price of human life the fact remains opening fire wholesale will make things far far worse. I mean I wouldn't be surprised. Trump likes to look tough but it will makes things worse.

Hair sniffing? Is that really the worst you can get? Trump is quoting anti civil rights scum and that is what you have?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Gen Michael Flynn phone calls have been released. No wrong doing found within. No corruption and no collusion.

A democrat hoax.

You Read the previous article I just posted right?

There's an unhappy coincidence in that Chauvin worked, while off-duty as a cop, as outdoor door security at El Nuevo Rodeo Club in Minneapolis for nearly 17 years [incl 2019] while Floyd worked there last year as occasional security according to its former owner Maya Santamaria who sold it a few months ago, though she could not confirm if they knew each other.

Several U.S media outlets, CNN, Forbes, Snope, NYT, YouTube, WaPo reported on both men's employment coincidence.

aloyisious wrote: »
    There's an unhappy coincidence in that Chauvin worked, while off-duty as a cop, as outdoor door security at El Nuevo Rodeo Club in Minneapolis for nearly 17 years [incl 2019] while Floyd worked there last year as occasional security according to its former owner Maya Santamaria who sold it a few months ago, though she could not confirm if they knew each other.

Several U.S media outlets, CNN, Forbes, Snope, NYT, YouTube, WaPo reported on both men's employment coincidence.
    Yes I read that. There was some nonsensical conversation (I believe from one of the police officers or "police officers" ) telling Floyd to get up and go to his car?
    At the time I felt it was something about a previous encounter

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump was never the anti war candidate, that was a flat out lie that was called out at the time. He has massively increased drone strikes. All he had done is shove the reporting of the damage he has done under a carpet. I agree Republicans have gotten into a twist on occasion on who is in what bathroom but I am not sure that is what you meant.

Certainly the US has lowe price on life. When was the last time shooting looters was suggested in Ireland? Never mind done.

Whatever about the price of human life the fact remains opening fire wholesale will make things far far worse. I mean I wouldn't be surprised. Trump likes to look tough but it will makes things worse.

Hair sniffing? Is that really the worst you can get? Trump is quoting anti civil rights scum and that is what you have?
    hair sniffing and uncomfortable women are all I need. I mean uhh all I need on Biden. You are agreeing on the point that politics in US are completely dysfunctional though? All the people in US and that is the *best* they can get against Trunp? And Trump is the best Republicans can get?
    In reality both are terrible, and we are into lesser of two evils. If we are being honest, which I seriously doubt.

• Advertisement

A democrat hoax.

So why'd trump fire him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The transcripts show he lied and he admitted lying twice under oath.

He and kislyak did discuss sanctions.

The U.S. Supreme Court, on a 5/4 decision, is letting the Governor of California proceed with the covid-19 epidemic restrictions. Chief Justice Roberts included in his opinion-statement that there was no cure yet for Covid-19. The case was taken by a church which wanted no restrictions whatsoever on the numbers at any one prayer service.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/supreme-court-churches-coronavirus.html

In the meantime, Michigan real estate business's are taking court actions against the governor's restrictions to fight the outbreak, the governor saying the campaign is being directed from the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

hair sniffing and uncomfortable women are all I need. I mean uhh all I need on Biden. You are agreeing on the point that politics in US are completely dysfunctional though? All the people in US and that is the *best* they can get against Trunp? And Trump is the best Republicans can get?
    In reality both are terrible, and we are into lesser of two evils. If we are being honest, which I seriously doubt.
    Oh entirely. Both are terrible candidates, I don't know how it comes down to two conservatives really. I do think there is a gulf between the two of them though as Biden can hold a twitter conversation. Or hand a phone to someone else. Either way I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aloyisious wrote: »
    The U.S. Supreme Court, on a 5/4 decision, is letting the Governor of California proceed with the covid-19 epidemic restrictions. Chief Justice Roberts included in his opinion-statement that there was no cure yet for Covid-19. The case was taken by a church which wanted no restrictions whatsoever on the numbers at any one prayer service.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/supreme-court-churches-coronavirus.html

In the meantime, Michigan real estate business's are taking court actions against the governor's restrictions to fight the outbreak, the governor saying the campaign is being directed from the White House.

DoJ has backed the Michigan businesses' case by lodging a Statement of Interest with the court. The SCOTUS decision re California is going to play a big part in the Michigan case.

My sense of it is that the WH wants to be able to say to Michiganders "When that woman from Michigan stopped y'all from being free, and y'all lovely people were forced to protest so beautifully and peacefully by bringing yeer machine guns into the State parliament, dressed like Rambo, remember that The President had yeer back!" They don't give a fig about the actual outcome of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Penn wrote: »
    Democrats need to take the Senate. After that, even if Trump is still President, just let him play golf and b*tch about them on Fox & Friends all he likes. But take the Senate, and bypass him to enact real change.

Can't. He's President. He has enormous power to make things happen via executive order and through regulations implemented by agencies he controls. There will be SCOTUS openings, maybe without Senate control they can sit idle to 2024.

He has to go. Period. More important than the Senate or House, is the POTUS.

A democrat hoax.

So he lied twice under oath and discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador.

Are you saying this didn't happen or that doesn't count as wrong doing. Or did the Democrats make it up?

Can you maybe elaborate on your claim rather than just spouting catchphrases.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    DoJ has backed the Michigan businesses' case by lodging a Statement of Interest with the court. The SCOTUS decision re California is going to play a big part in the Michigan case.

My sense of it is that the WH wants to be able to say to Michiganders "When that woman from Michigan stopped y'all from being free, and y'all lovely people were forced to protest so beautifully and peacefully by bringing yeer machine guns into the State parliament, dressed like Rambo, remember that The President had yeer back!" They don't give a fig about the actual outcome of the case.

If U.S.S.C rules in Gretchen's favour, I cant wait for Trumps tweeted response, esp as his A.G would have failed in his perceived duty to him.

It might also be an indicator to whatever case the GOP members of congress take against the majority decision to hold sittings [incl voting] of the house via TV. The GOP will have to take a carefully worded case after looking at the ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

One is a terrible candidate who attacks the free press because they don't write positive things about him 24/7, ignores UN laws on asylum seekers, employs his family members in high ranking positions within the White House, doesn't divest himself from his main business, goes golfing and hosts lavish parties at his hotel on the tax-payers dime, sprouts outlandish conspiracy theories about his political opponents, has a sordid history prior to becoming president including multiple bankruptcies, marriages, sexual assault claims including his ex wife, sex with porn star while wife is pregnant and paying to cover it up, fraudulent university and foundation..

Not to mention he clearly isn't experienced in politics to be leading the nation. The past 3 months have shown us that

Its like putting a 5 year in the pilot seat and expecting him to land plane once automatic pilot is switched off!

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    One is a terrible candidate who attacks the free press because they don't write positive things about him 24/7, ignores UN laws on asylum seekers, employs his family members in high ranking positions within the White House, doesn't divest himself from his main business, goes golfing and hosts lavish parties at his hotel on the tax-payers dime, sprouts outlandish conspiracy theories about his political opponents, has a sordid history prior to becoming president including multiple bankruptcies, marriages, sexual assault claims including his ex wife, sex with porn star while wife is pregnant and paying to cover it up, fraudulent university and foundation..

Not to mention he clearly isn't experienced in politics to be leading the nation. The past 3 months have shown us that

Its like putting a 5 year in the pilot seat and expecting him to land plane once automatic pilot is switched off!

There'll be the added bonus that the next V/P will be some-one who'll likely recognize the worth of the 1st Amendment better than the current P & V/P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement