Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I had to turn it off!

https://youtu.be/Xhkouev0cp8

His take on whats happening sounds like someone with a few drinks onboard telling you what he saw on TV .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"We'll activate bill Barr, and activate him very strongly"

Dear god. Can we just step back for a moment and note how the most powerful man in the world has the vocabulary and diction of a primary schooler? But we're to even contemplate the man has hidden depths? Pffh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,555 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

pixelburp wrote: »

Dear god. Can we just step back for a moment and note how the most powerful man in the world has the vocabulary and diction of a primary schooler? But we're to even contemplate the man has hidden depths? Pffh.

Or his commentary on what has happened.

'I saw it on one of the networks'
    'I was talking to a friend in Los Angeles'
    'They showed it on television in slow motion'.

He sounds like a bar room expert.

Edit: 'He knows Maryland is doing well because he hasn't seen it on television' He is using TV for his intelligence briefings. It couldn't be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

His sole rival for the presidency is the guy who rejoiced in his Super Tuesday win by saying this is the best Thursday of my life.

Trump rang one of the Floyd family regarding the killing biut Trump wouldn't let him speak. (Was there a bitter taste in Bernie Sanders' mouth when he said 'I'm backing Joe Biden' and had to host a fund raising dinner?

God bless democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Diairist wrote: »
    His sole rival for the presidency is the guy who rejoiced in his Super Tuesday win by saying this is the best Thursday of my life.

Trump rang one of the Floyd family regarding the killing biut Trump wouldn't let him speak. (Was there a bitter taste in Bernie Sanders' mouth when he said 'I'm backing Joe Biden' and had to host a fund raising dinner?

God bless democracy.

America isn't a democracy, it is a corporate oligarchy with a dysfunctional 19th-century political system that desperately needs reform.

• Advertisement

He is advocating nationwide armed action against citizens of the US.
    I'm genuinely concerned about what some groups who are 2nd amendment activists are thinking of when listening to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

He is advocating nationwide armed action against citizens of the US.
    I'm genuinely concerned about what some groups who are 2nd amendment activists are thinking of when listening to this.

There are many 2nd amendment activists who are serious about protecting America's Bill of Rights and are allying themselves with the protestors as they could see what the police and the federal government are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Incoherent nonsense like this surely has to be a catalyst for someone in the cabinet to invoke the 25th!

Not that having Pence to see out the term will be much of an improvement.

The sheer audacity of trying to meet protests with more violence, weeks after advising Xi to meet with the HK protesters to strike a deal...
    Is shocking.

A major issue with the US political system is writ large by Trump.
    Allowing people with no political or public service experience, and deep shady pockets to buy their way to executive power.

The US prided itself as an opponent of tyranny.
    It threw off monarchy to descend in 200yrs to this?

A state that saw Cincinnatus as a model and the Roman Republic as an aim.
    Needs a return to the cursus honorum or some similar system that holds a higher qualification for office than natural born citizenship and age.

It's a broken, and irredeemable political system.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

9Ehz1Y5.jpg
    Its the Blue Dem controlled cities that are burning
    Dems now coning out to defend Antifa.
    Placing themselves on the side of the looters and thugs.
    Trump just has to let the Dems do what they are doing and he will win in a landslide.
    No red areas will vote Dem and plenty of Blue areas will now be voting Trump once the dust has settled from the riots.
    I be putting a double bet on for Tump to win and win the popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

banie01 wrote: »
    More violence, weeks after advising Xi to meet with the HK protesters to strike a deal...
    Is shocking.

Worse when he credited himself as the greatest dealmaker in the history of USA/humanity, that can get what he wants from anyone no matter what.

So when what is now the greatest test of his term in office arises, what does this paragon of negotiating wit and nuance doing? Hiding in a bunker, telling the police/army/whoever to start gunning down US citizens.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

da_miser wrote: »
    9Ehz1Y5.jpg
    Trump just has to let the Dems do what they are doing and he will win in a landslide.
    No red areas will vote Dem and plenty of Blue areas will now be voting Trump once the dust has settled from the riots.

It seems to be most cities at this stage and most states.
    The leader of the USA is a Republican, he's supposed to be in charge.
    He was hiding in a bunker at the weekend.

Everything else you posted, was nonsense.

Still listening to the conference call. Was this leaked or released officially? If there is a widespread instigating organisation, they are listening to this with a pen and notepad and can hear exactly what the strategy is. Bizarre.

Just finished it. Final statement by the coordinator. 'This call is not intended for press purposes and is off the record'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'm sure you found your meme from a very reputable source but below is the actual map of areas with protests.

https://twitter.com/MarkWeisbrot/status/1267336073006452736?s=20

No Dems are coming out to defend Antifa. Thanks to Trump's incredibly ability to shoot himself in the foot Dems can stay in the middle ground where most of the population are - supporting protesters and rejecting looters - while Trump is out proposing bringing in the military to attack civilians because they made him hide in his bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭eire4

I would say kindergarten school teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I had to turn it off!

https://youtu.be/Xhkouev0cp8

Good Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

These type of posts always make me think.....
    'and yet Trump got the top job in the USA out of over 320m other people, what does that say about the rest of them?'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

These type of posts always make me think.....
    'and yet Trump got the top job in the USA out of over 320m other people, what does that say about the rest of them?'

That the electoral college is a sham?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So trump is considering use of the insurrection act to send active duty soilders to US cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That the electoral college is a sham?

It is a mad system in fairness. But the rules of the game are known going into it. Trump played it well and won.

All those anti-Trump people in a America need to take a long hard look at themselves in my opinion. Trump got the Republican nomination it was said he was a joke. He ran against Hillary it was said he was a joke.
    But 'the joke' won. Who's fault is that?
    No one is laughing any more at the punchline.

I don't blame Trump, I blame the American political establishment that created the conditions to let him win.
    Even Danny Healy-Rae would defeat Trump in a debate imo.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This will likely snowball into more protests.

Police and/or National Guard shot and killed a local restaurant owner during the protest last night. The mayor has just fired the police chief because coincidentally none of the cops involved had their body cameras on.

The more Trump gets his way and the military are involved, the more this kind of thing is likely. We've seen numerous incidents of police hitting innocent bystanders and now they are escalating things with live rounds.

https://twitter.com/KenidraRWoods_/status/1267508669652127745?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So trump is considering use of the insurrection act to send active duty soilders to US cities.

If regular cops and SWAT teams can't seem to tell the difference between rioters and protesters, I doubt these will. It'll be martial law and everyone confined to their homes. Which according to the right and their memes is called "tyranny."

I have the call on here.

"I blame the mayor..." Was he talking about Philly?

Then goes on to say - after one of the governors suggested that they are tentative and nervous to call up the Guard because the people don't really understand who they are and the worry is that they appear to be an occupying force when on the ground - that they "should have had an occupying force on the ground".

He's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But he’s the encyclopedia Brittanica of dog whistle quotes and code terms from historical fascist figures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If you watch interviews with Trump from even ten years ago, he's a lot more coherent in what he's trying to say. He's clearly in quite severe mental decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

9Ehz1Y5.jpg

I will take your bet and match whatever odds you can get from the bookies Happy to release personal details to a 3rd party or someone on boards. They can hold the money.

More than happy to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Foxtrol wrote: »
    This will likely snowball into more protests.

Police and/or National Guard shot and killed a local restaurant owner during the protest last night. The mayor has just fired the police chief because coincidentally none of the cops involved had their body cameras on.

The more Trump gets his way and the military are involved, the more this kind of thing is likely. We've seen numerous incidents of police hitting innocent bystanders and now they are escalating things with live rounds.

https://twitter.com/KenidraRWoods_/status/1267508669652127745?s=20

That has my emotions all over the place. No words or justice here.

Fiancé says there IS bodycam footage but hasn’t been released.
    These protests started because of one spark and every hour that passes we get even more and more reasons to understand why they kneeled and I don’t have the conviction to tell anyone that protesting is a rubbish idea.

I want to memorize all their names, but there’s too many.

That’s a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Diairist wrote: »

God bless democracy.

The Democratic Party contest to select a candidate is over.. Barring some unforeseen event, there will be an election contest between Biden for the Dems and Trump for the GOP.

I fail to see the relevance of even referring to Bernie in relation to current events, as some kind of 'might have been'...

Two candidates now.. How each perform over the next few months to create a degree of confidence as to how they will perform as President for 4 years is the binary contest by which the electorate will judge them.

In relation to Covid, Trump has been a confusion and a danger. His response in that domain has been chaotic.

In relation to the protests, he is totally focused on having cops beat the living **** out of looters, crack skulls to create order out of chaos that is, partly, worsened by the type of Rambo tactics that he is extolling, as someone with zero understanding of the consequences, having bought a convenient 'bonespurs' exemption from ever having to understand any human consequences of military action. He has given zero indication that he has any empathy for the protestors, and only sees them as 'far-left' 'do-nothing Democrats' which is ludicrous. He does nothing of use to defuse the generations-old racial tensions, but instead, presents a 2020 'Bull Connors' persona that is simply disgusting!

So, the question is becoming very clear: Elect

a)that steaming pile of selfish, unhelpful, out-of-touch, crooked, criminal, dangerous, racist, de- stabilising, seriously mentally unstable waste of space inhabiting a morbidly obese sack of soon to be putrescent cells (on the law of averages. and having regard to the urgent and unscheduled flit to hospital in November last year, coupled with the waay overdue medical )

or

b) anyone else...

In respect of b), Biden is the only piece on the Board...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Or his commentary on what has happened.

'I saw it on one of the networks'
    'I was talking to a friend in Los Angeles'
    'They showed it on television in slow motion'.

He sounds like a bar room expert.

Edit: 'He knows Maryland is doing well because he hasn't seen it on television' He is using TV for his intelligence briefings. It couldn't be clearer.

He is a sham and quickly unraveling. Everything is done on the fly, typically depending on what he has watched on TV as you say.

His response to the riots is completely aligned to his response to the covid crisis. Abdicate all responsibility to the state governors whilst at the same time undermining them via his unhinged tweets.

He's going on about flag burning now and the SC needs to look at it again.

He's asking the governors to legislate against flag burning and he will support them all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So the President of the United States is now condoning action calling for the US military to use force on its own citizens. This is where we are in 2020. Nobody but nobody can defend this. He is utterly unhinged. Where are the Constitution loving Republicans now?? Bunch of cowards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement