Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So trump is considering use of the insurrection act to send active duty soilders to US cities.

I had a look last night at how a president could use regular army troops inside the U.S and it referred to the Posse Comitatus Act and an ancillary part of law, the Enforcement Acts, which do allow him use said troops inside the U.S. I also found that 4 regular MP Units had been put on standby at bases around the U.S. The peculiarity of the enforcement laws is that they are intended for the enforcement of Black U.S citizens civil rights when the states are unable or unwilling to protect the rights.

Approx 1 hour ago, M.P's were trucked through the White House grounds unto Pennsylvania Avenue. This was where the Secret Service had personnel involved in face-off with protestors which Trump tweeted about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Overheal wrote: »
    That has my emotions all over the place. No words or justice here.

Fiancé says there IS bodycam footage but hasn’t been released.
    These protests started because of one spark and every hour that passes we get even more and more reasons to understand why they kneeled and I don’t have the conviction to tell anyone that protesting is a rubbish idea.

I want to memorize all their names, but there’s too many.

That’s a problem.

I really get why you would feel emotional about this. I feel that also. Time and again over the past few days, Ive felt anger and despair. And I'm in ****ing Ireland!!

Imagine if I was a 17 year old black man living with my single Mom and my three siblings, and she doing 3 **** paying gigs to supplement the food stamps that Trump is trying to take away from her, and THEN, some white cop down the street, with a bad history, KILLS one of us, and that cop is just one of the team that each used their single knee to prevent that man from taking another breath.... Chauvin had the head and neck, the others prevented the chest and diaphragm from sucking in precious oxygen and pushing the CO2 out... And he told them... repeadedly..... I. Can't. Breathe!..

Now, if you were that 17 year old, what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Trump was meant to speak at 18:15ET (23:15)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-national-address-race/index.html

So we'll see how this goes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Last minute decision that Trump will come out to speak in a few minutes. 9 National Guard trucks arrived into the White House recently. Photo op potential.

I hope this trends towards sniffling and struggling to read rather than 'good people on both sides' or full on murder citizens for property damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1267298344956833799

Really quite an extraordinary time.

America basically has no president right now, just a hollow man playing golf and blaming governors and other countries for the issue that America finds itself with. Imagine, when he was elected, did anyone think it would really get this bad? Even I couldn't picture the worst case scenario, but here we are.

Probably going to be another night of unrest in many cities across the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some ugly scenes across America at the moment, Trump will be putting gasoline on the fire tonight

Headshot wrote: »
    Some ugly scenes across America at the moment, Trump will be putting gasoline on the fire tonight

Isn't he due to speak soon?

I see the cops are trying to get rid of the protesters near the white house, protesters who seem to be peacefully protesting but Trump is going in hard.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He'll know he's a failure in the face of his own country as he delivers a speech to the sound of a riot.

Could be a tearful speech of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1267298344956833799

Really quite an extraordinary time.

America basically has no president right now, just a hollow man playing golf and blaming governors and other countries for the issue that America finds itself with. Imagine, when he was elected, did anyone think it would really get this bad? Even I couldn't picture the worst case scenario, but here we are.

Probably going to be another night of unrest in many cities across the country.

I was thinking about this earlier. We all knew his election would likely end in disaster but the scale of it is quite unbelievable. And just when you think it can't get any worse, it always does. And there's people who would vote him in again. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gintonious wrote: »
    Isn't he due to speak soon?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?472684-1/president-trump-delivers-remarks-protests-civil-unrest&live#

He was meant to start speaking 25min ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Headshot wrote: »
    I see the cops are trying to get rid of the protesters near the white house, protesters who seem to be peacefully protesting but Trump is going in hard.....

Yeah seen that. Shot a guy at very close range with a tear gas canister. There was no violence until the cops started shooting tear gas.

I'm amazed someone isn't flying drones over all this.

I was thinking about this earlier. We all knew his election would likely end in disaster but the scale of it is quite unbelievable. And just when you think it can't get any worse, it always does. And there's people who would vote him in again. The mind boggles.

I don't think there is a bottom to hit with how low he can go, so we should all be prepared for the worst still to come...what the hell will that even look like?

jebus the police are really going in hard outside the white house

such a ****ed up country

These protesters were peaceful until the police started going in hard

Here we are. Idiot in Chief.

What's noticeable is how this cannot be portrayed as black v white, the protesters are very mixed. It's D/democrats v Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

pixelburp wrote: »
    "We'll activate bill Barr, and activate him very strongly"

Dear god. Can we just step back for a moment and note how the most powerful man in the world has the vocabulary and diction of a primary schooler? But we're to even contemplate the man has hidden depths? Pffh.

Well, they certainly ‘activated’ Barr. He was just seen down in Lafayette park surrounded by security, and within 30 mins the troops are tear gassing and charging the peaceful protestors.

They just keep scraping that barrel.

Trump speaking from the WH while explosions of tear gas cannisters can be heard in the background. Surreal.

CNBC is much quieter.

He's looking to mobilise the military. This is despotic behaviour.

• Advertisement

Deploying the National Guard on a larger level, and if a state doesn't do that, then Trump will push in the military.

Holy...HELL!

USA turning into Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hes gone all out. wow. that's not something you see everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Activate Bill Barr? Is he some sort of terminator robot or something?

No questions. This is mental.

He is such a nasty piece of work

Just like that, he is gone. This is a really terrifying moment in history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Who he goin to pay his respects to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Who he goin to pay his respects to?

Mirror in the Oval Office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He is declaring war on his own people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement