Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

C-SPAN kept rolling and you could hear the guidance issued to the reporters there to get moving to the briefing room for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Where did he say he was going at the end? Pay respect or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    He is declaring war on his own people.

I didn't listen or watch him speak but that sounds extreme even for trump. I've seen that the national guard is on the White House grounds. That's not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I reckon, after his mention of God in his speech, the special place he is going to will be the church close to the W/House hit by an arson attempt. That is why Barr went over to Lafayette Park, take a look at the peaceful protest people gathered there before he authorised the use of force to clear the U.S citizenry from the park. It'd be the perfect backdrop to use in a P.R exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sending in the tanks/APC's is rarely a wise move. China must be quietly laughing up it's sleeve at all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

'CNM' Inciting violence all week. Hack that bloody News Channel of the air. Trump Rocks.

Spamming the same nonsense all over place are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭uptherebels

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Where did he say he was going at the end? Pay respect or something?

He said he is going to pay his respects to a very very special place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He's using an 1807 Insurrection Act to put troops on the streets of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

aloyisious wrote: »
    I reckon, after his mention of God in his speech, the special place he is going to will be the church close to the W/House hit by an arson attempt. That is why Barr went over to Lafayette Park, take a look at the peaceful protest people gathered there before he authorised the use of force to clear the U.S citizenry from the park. It'd be the perfect backdrop to use in a P.R exercise.
    He's gonna start humping the statue of Jesus for the cameras

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

That 2nd amendment thingy could cause problems now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Headshot wrote: »
    USA turning into Russia

I'm reminded of the Reichstag Fire of 1933...

Next step? Leverage the Antifa 'conspiracy' as the bad actors in USA 2020, and extend that into a de-legitimization of liberal politics that have been loosely vested in the Democratic Party for generations.

Election 2020? MMMM? Lots of reasons being generated for suspending the process. Just take a look at Germany 1931-1938, focusing on 1932-1934, and tell me no-one needs fear parallels....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He's using an 1807 Insurrection Act to put troops on the streets of the country.

Last invoked in 1992 during the LA riots I think

• Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Would be interesting to know would that hold up when taken to court

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Well it was a threat?

I suspect had these types of protests going on here, many Irish would be upset about it as well. He's reflecting a section of the public there that don't tolerate protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Syria 2011

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

He said he is going to pay his respects to a very very special place.

KFC bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1267537669086752770

Lord have mercy. Look at this monkey, he is one of these clowns that you see walking around with arms in the states. Untrained, overweight and self-indulgent. Probably couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo if he tried and would **** all over himself the minute fire is returned.

This is Trumps base.

8-10 wrote: »
    Last invoked in 1992 during the LA riots I think

The army ended the riots then as far as I remember. 54 people died during that.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'm reminded of the Reichstag Fire of 1933...

Next step? Leverage the Antifa 'conspiracy' as the bad actors in USA 2020, and extend that into a de-legitimization of liberal politics that have been loosely vested in the Democratic Party for generations.

Election 2020? MMMM? Lots of reasons being generated for suspending the process. Just take a look at Germany 1931-1938, focusing on 1932-1934, and tell me no-one needs fear parallels....

Or the Spanish Civil War between fascists and republicans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Riots in over 35 cities. Police overran in some.

National guard to restore law and order for the tens of millions who are not out rioting is the next step. His words come across too aggressive though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Penny for Mr. Chauvin's thoughts right now. I'm guessing he had no idea of the absolute sh1tstorm he was about to inflict on America when he got up for work that morning.

I thought Trump spoke quite well there, very defiant. It's going to be an interesting few days ahead.

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1267537669086752770

Lord have mercy. Look at this monkey, he is one of these clowns that you see walking around with arms in the states. Untrained, overweight and self-indulgent. Probably couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo if he tried and would **** all over himself the minute fire is returned.

This is Trumps base.

That is one extremely irritating voice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump has made a poor call, but he would always go for division rather than healing.
    BTW the use of the 1807 Act is bluster as each state have to ask for it. He lied again as he can't send in troops without each Governer requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

aloyisious wrote: »

PR of a coward trying to make up for hiding in his bunker.

It'll likely make it worse tough, bigger protests down the line

Waving around a bible as a prop.

Now bringing in his stooges for a photo.

Trump has made a poor call, but he would always go for division rather than healing.
    BTW the use of the 1807 Act is bluster as each state have to ask for it. He lied again as he can't send in troops without each Governer requesting it.

Well according to some here, it was a call of war?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That is one extremely irritating voice

There was a twitter thread a while back about those all dressed up like a militia, and how they were dressed and set up etc. In a nutshell, they would all be screwed in a proper fire fight due to being poorly prepared, let alone poorly trained.

This moron would struggle with pushups, never mind fighting a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well according to some here, it was a call of war?

Pretty much is.

This is the republican parties doing. All of it.

Erdogan

Gintonious wrote: »
    There was a twitter thread a while back about those all dressed up like a militia, and how they were dressed and set up etc. In a nutshell, they would all be screwed in a proper fire fight due to being poorly prepared, let alone poorly trained.

This moron would struggle with pushups, never mind fighting a war.

Many would have grown up around guns and have been handling them and shooting from a young age. They wouldn't be organised but very dangerous due to firearms experience all the same

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    PR of a coward trying to make up for hiding in his bunker.

It'll likely make it worse tough, bigger protests down the line

Media already turning on it. Last 2 days has all been about damage and looting and then they do this to peaceful protesters for a photo op.

Purple state/district republicans must be losing their mind at the stupidity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement