Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Penn wrote: »
    To register to attend Trumps rally next week, you have to agree that if you catch Covid-19 at it, you wont sue Trump or the stadium.
    TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Yep!

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury."

Im no scientist but...how exactly does one catch a hoax?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

frag420 wrote: »
    Placebo effect. Besides it's a Chinese plague and if you do catch it Trump recommends you can bleach it away anyway. So honestly; it's not really any issue here, you can trust us because we got the bestest smartest President in history of the USA and some people say they all agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's amazing that he's opening back up everything and holding rallies because the risk of getting C-19 is gone... but also don't sue me if you get it at my rally where I pack as many of you into small spaces as possible to fuel my ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »
    He should be concerned that someone could, reasonably, answer B to each and every one of those questions.

Already done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I see POTUS has opened another Twitter front against Washington Gov Jay Inslee and Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan in relation to the formation of a 6-block enclave in Downtown Seattle, known as CHAZ, the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone".

“Radical Left Governor @JayInslee and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before,” Trump tweeted. “Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!”

Apart from wondering how Anarchists might be 'stooped', his offer to 'take back' the city has been met with 'no thank you' responses from the Governor's and Mayor's offices.

I'm struck by his demand to local officials to 'take back' the CHAZ from demonstrators in Seattle, but he was all over Governor Whitmer to 'talk to' the 'fine people' who, while heavily armed and wearing SWAT gear, took over the State Capitol in Lansing, Michigan a few weeks ago. How is it that such a meek and forgiving attitude to protesters was OK then, but is not OK now? Like, he is basically threatening to send in the military to Seattle, against the wishes of local authorities!

Or, is it really a dog-whistle to the local Militias such as the 3% who previously acted as chaperones for the Oregon legislators who left the State en masse last year to foil Governor attempts to get them to do their jobs? If it is a dog-whistle, then the POTUS is basically inciting violence among civilians which is a crime!

Who needs the Boogaloo Bois to kick off another Civil War, when the Ultimate Divider is in the White House?

• Advertisement

I don't know, but sadly at least 116,063 souls have perished from it so far in the USA alone. This despite the wisdom of the great scientist, Dr Trump (he had an uncle at MIT, you know), who said on 26th February:

“You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero"...

WOW! Such prescience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Hopefully Milley retains his position until the end of the year as his statement yesterday signifies that, if/when Trump loses, the military won't be on his side to keep him 'in power'.
    Christ, how low the expectations have fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

It's hard not to see all of his recent attacks being a dry run for if/when he loses the election. The terminology he is riling up his base with, "radical left, Antifa, anarchists, terrorists" all targeted at largely peaceful, democratic protests.

This is his plan to discredit the result of the election if it does not go his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well Biden has come out and said he thinks the miltary will physically remove Trump from the White House if it becomes necessary. That I would pay to see.
    Water John wrote: »
    It's actually the way Gen Milley dresses every day at work.

Is it? Not familiar with the guy but in the photo op he was wearing army fatigues, like he was prepared for a battleground. Does he walk around the Oval Office like that? I would have thought his day to day uniform in the White House is his formal Generals blazer and not walking around dressed up like he is in a war zone.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well Biden has come out and said he thinks the miltary will physically remove Trump from the White House if it becomes necessary. That I would pay to see.

Is it? Not familiar with the guy but in the photo op he was wearing army fatigues, like he was prepared for a battleground. Does he walk around the Oval Office like that? I would have thought his day to day uniform in the White House is his formal Generals blazer and not walking around dressed up like he is in a war zone.

I saw an article explaining it - He was in his dress uniform (probably not the correct term) when he was in the WH/Pentagon for meetings earlier in the day , but he got into the fatigues as he was supposed to be going out to meet the troops that were stationed nearby .

He was then called to meet Trump and he along with Esper were brought for the walk to the Church - Both say that they did not know what was happening or where they were actually going initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I don't know, but sadly at least 116,063 souls have perished from it so far in the USA alone. This despite the wisdom of the great scientist, Dr Trump (he had an uncle at MIT, you know), who said on 26th February:

“You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero"...

WOW! Such prescience!

Saw a predictive model on CNN last night that is forecasting 170,000 deaths by October with the Presidential election happening early November. Thats a long way from the zero Trump predicted and would imagine the TV attack ads will be running that clip of Trump saying its nothing but a bad flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

The military is weird about these things. Anyone doing military funded phds had to come in in military clothes on Fridays when I was visiting a university for a week. We were doing maths and they were dressed up looking like they would take to a battlefield (well they weren't carrying weapons/armour) . No harm but just made them look out of place. Wasn't like the work was directly military related either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I have in my mind's eye something akin to a roaring Ben Dunne being hogtied and carried out of that Florida hotel on a stick all those year's ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Christy42 wrote: »
    The military is weird about these things. Anyone doing military funded phds had to come in in military clothes on Fridays when I was visiting a university for a week. We were doing maths and they were dressed up looking like they would take to a battlefield (well they weren't carrying weapons/armour) . No harm but just made them look out of place. Wasn't like the work was directly military related either.

Re the uniform, wearing formal uniform "Dress Uniform or the next one down, No 1's" is wearing for the person. The uniform worn by Gen Milley, while uniform, is a lot less formal, more relaxing. A similarity in civilian terms would be jeans day at work instead of suit, shirt and tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fantastic ad by a veterans group. Once again, such a stupid topic for Trump to take hits on for little to no benefit where it counts.

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/1271467300651241472?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Frankly I almost want real television again just to witness these ads that all 100% write themselves. He’s given these PACs y e a r s of free content to obliterate him with

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Most US Army 'office workers' are in camo these days, and they have been for over a decade since the old green uniform went away. You might see a 'dress-up Friday' in Blue Class Bs, but nobody particularly cares, and the camo uniform doesn't exactly require much maintenance to be presentable.

It's part of the reason that the US Army is currently introducing a new mid-level uniform in between the blue/white and the camo. The former is a bit too formal and difficult to take care of but there are times that one wants to present a more 'professional' or 'smarter' appearance, hence the Greens that Milley is normally seen wearing these days in press briefings and the like, but they are in the very early stages of introduction and most soldiers won't have them for a couple of years yet. I've only ever seen them once, on a visiting general. As a result, General Milley would be 'not like the others' around the office if he were not in camo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its weird how the right wing conspiracy folk that find connections in bloody everything in the world seems to not pick up on stuff like this.........

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1271521718813818880

Another way of looking at it though is that there's been so many racist and white supremacist attacks over the decades that there's hardly a single day in the year that is NOT an anniversary of some atrocity or other. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Saw a predictive model on CNN last night that is forecasting 170,000 deaths by October with the Presidential election happening early November. Thats a long way from the zero Trump predicted and would imagine the TV attack ads will be running that clip of Trump saying its nothing but a bad flu.

An effective ad would be the second Trump says "down to zero" a prominent counter displayed in the corner starts incrementing for the remainder of the ad until it hits the current total and ends with Biden saying "it's still going up, time for someone to take responsibility"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The trump administration have issued a rule to curtail health protections for transgender people. I mean why the hell is this happening ? It just seems unnecessarily spiteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,395 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Another way of looking at it though is that there's been so many racist and white supremacist attacks over the decades that there's hardly a single day in the year that is NOT an anniversary of some atrocity or other. :mad:

So Trump's rally diary is based on a list of historical race atrocities.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Water John wrote: »
    So Trump's rally diary is based on a list of historical race atrocities.

He’s 2/2 so far, any news on a 3rd rally site yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seen a few local news stories about a black man found hanging from a tree outside a courthouse in Palmdale California The biggest report I could find earlier was this: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-12/investigation-ongoing-after-young-black-man-found-hanging-from-tree-in-palmdale

I can see this being called a lynching regardless of what the investigation finds. It's already being called out as a racist attack on Reddit. This kind of thing needs to be managed right by the authorities or it could get out of hand really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its weird how the right wing conspiracy folk that find connections in bloody everything in the world seems to not pick up on stuff like this.........

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1271521718813818880

But the KKK are/were democrats, what would Trump, who really wants the Black vote associate with anything to do with that?

The Tulsa rally has now been moved from the 19th to the 20th, apparently in response to the outrage expressed over holding it on the Juneteenth anniversary.

Sensible move.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The trump administration have issued a rule to curtail health protections for transgender people. I mean why the hell is this happening ? It just seems unnecessarily spiteful.

It can't be a coincidence, I can't see Trump just getting lucky with the date.

https://twitter.com/alyandaj/status/1271603962727116800?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

robinph wrote: »
    It can't be a coincidence, I can't see Trump just getting lucky with the date.

https://twitter.com/alyandaj/status/1271603962727116800?s=19

Pandering to his conservative base with the latest in a series of steps to revoke newly won protections for LGBTQ people. Yet you had his supporters crowing about him signing legislation about China's abuses like he actually cares about the civil rights of minorities. His whole strategy now, if you could call it that, is so transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But the KKK are/were democrats, what would Trump, who really wants the Black vote associate with anything to do with that?

And you know these things how? The KKK started in the South. Do you know of a survey of their political affiliations? In fact, there was a Segregationist party for a long time in the South, independent of both Republican and Democratic parties (Strom Thurmond being one of their more notable candidates).

So, I submit to you that the KKK started in the South and didn't participate in either party. Have you proof otherwise?

tl;dr: You're full of it, regurgitating a tedious meme that the nitwits on 4chan like. Prove me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As they say, 'things that are too good to be true, usually are.' Although Paul Krugman wrote the other day that the BLS statistics are immune, more or less, to tampering, it might simply be the 'brave new world' of the US under Covid restrictions that's horked the unemployment numbers; the models the BLS relies on, might not work during the Pandemic. In summary, the unemployment rate is higher than it actually is, substantially so:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2020/06/08/theres-a-glaring-misleading-error-in-the-may-jobs-report-us-may-be-at-20-unemployment/#5fb6922060d3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement