Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What evidence?

Many posters including yourself are wrapped in the fallacy of association, and looking to confirm thier own bias at every opportunity.

If Trump wrote exactly the same tweet as a Democrat (which is was at one point) and not a Republican. I suspect you would have zero issue with it and understand SS as Secret Service.

So the Nazi symbols combined with the 88 posts and 14 words in the same ad are purely coincidental?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump can say what he meant. Why does he always need translation. If this is all a 4 year run of misunderstandings he can learn how to say what he means. Otherwise I have no sympathy for him

Writing, syntax and abbreviations are not Trump's strong points at the best of times. Plus in twitter the chances are increased even more. It makes for plenty of amusement.

Who can forget:

Covfefe

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You can shout "fallacy" as much as you like but it still won't give your posts any credibility.

Why do online Trump supporters use the word "fallacy" so much, by the way?

I'm guessing its because they think it sounds vaguely like a word that their cosplay idea of a smart person might use?

They call it fallacy here, they call it TDS in the after hours. Still the tactic is the same, not discussing the points rather pointing the finger at some stereotype they think most of here have been 'afflicted' by

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It is not a defence merely fact. I know what Trump meant by SS (secret service) for example - you are merely using your own bias to jump to your own conclusions.
    For the record I am not a Trump supporter just an unbiased obverver of the hysterical reactions Trump causes among some people.

You know what he meant... So why would he deliberately use a Nazi term to describe the Secret Service? We know it's not because he didn't have the time to type out the two words, after all he seems to have time to be on Twitter posting s***e 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

duploelabs wrote: »
    So the Nazi symbols combined with the 88 posts and 14 words in the same ad are purely coincidental?

The denials of Trump's Nazi references and imagery are like Sideshow Bob claiming that "Die Bart, Die" was a German translation of "The Bart, The".

Or that "Boooooooooooooooo" was actually "Boooourns" - whichever you prefer, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Christy42

Writing, syntax and abbreviations are not Trump's strong points at the best of times. Plus in twitter the chances are increased even more. It makes for plenty of amusement.

Who can forget:

Covfefe
    His problem. Twitter allows for people to make multiple tweets. He has the option to correct it if he believes he messed it up.

You can shout "fallacy" as much as you like but it still won't give your posts any credibility.

Why do online Trump supporters use the word "fallacy" so much, by the way?

I'm guessing its because they think it sounds vaguely like a word that their cosplay idea of a smart person might use?

I suggest you look at the following when you have calmed down a bit and step back from things and look at it more rationally.
    Again I am not a Trump supporter nor do I know what cosplay is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rejected in the attempt to stop Bolton. If only he got some warning this book would be coming out and the contents, poor guy, never had s chance. Certainly not like he had already seen and forced some changes in the book already

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Christy42 wrote: »
    His problem. Twitter allows for people to make multiple tweets. He has the option to correct it if he believes he messed it up.

I find it amusing because it gas that a fella like that got the number one job in America. And people's reactions to him worldwide are even funnier. It is why I follow this thread it amuses me.

They call it fallacy here, they call it TDS in the after hours. Still the tactic is the same, not discussing the points rather pointing the finger at some stereotype they think most of here have been 'afflicted' by

I have already discussed points in detail so this is not true either.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113730884&postcount=9090

• Advertisement

I have already discussed points in detail so this is not true either.

Again ill repeat the point I made earlier, are the 88 posts with Nazi symbolism and 14 words purely a coincidence?
    Your thoughts on purely that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I suggest you look at the following when you have calmed down a bit and step back from things and look at it more rationally.
    Again I am not a Trump supporter nor do I know what cosplay is.

What's your point?

Again ill repeat the point I made earlier, are the 88 posts with Nazi symbolism and 14 words purely a coincidence?
    Your thoughts on purely that

A wind up playing up to a stereotype. I have already commented on that as well.
    I my opinion the use of the inverted political prisoners red triangle was funny.
    Because they knew it would get a reaction. Considering Trump is surrounded by Jews his daughter, son in law and Stephen Miller. I find it funny. I wouldn't worry about it no Jews are going to be exterminated under Trump's watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I my opinion the use of the inverted political prisoners red triangle was funny.
    Because they knew it would get a reaction. Considering Trump is surrounded by Jews his daughter, son in law and Stephen Miller. I find it funny. I wouldn't worry about it no Jews are going to be exterminated under Trump's watch.

Well plenty have died.

I suppose there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You find using Nazi symbols funny? Bizarre interpretation.

What's your point?

Trump and his supporters have long being compared to the Nazis/Hitler.

2016 SNL:

But it is a fallacy as what is done is merely looking for similarities between Trump and Hitler while ignoring all the substantive differences.

Anyone can be compared to Hitler if people only look for what they want to corroborate thier argument.

You find using Nazi symbols funny? Bizarre interpretation.

Yeah I found it funny because the political prisoners symbol was used very clever.
    Would always get a reaction against Antifa. People who are not racist would find it funny. Unless they have a preconceived notion of Trump.

Great marketing got people talking.

Trump and his supporters have long being compared to the Nazis/Hitler.

2016 SNL:

But it is a fallacy as what is done is merely looking for similarities between Trump and Hitler while ignoring all the substantive differences.

Anyone can be compared to Hitler if people only look for what they want to corroborate thier argument.

Not all Trump supporters are racist right wing fascists. But the vast majority of racist right wing fascists support Trump. Why is that?

Not all Trump supporters are racist right wing fascists. But the vast majority of racist right wing fascists support Trump. Why is that?

Ah they will always be a few of them hanging on. Nutjobs and so on - it's America after all.
    But the fact is one in ten African American males still voted Trump despite the minority of right wing head cases - for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ah they will always be a few of them hanging on. Nutjobs and so on - it's America after all.
    But the fact is one in ten African American males still voted Trump despite the minority of right wing head cases - for example.

I don't think that stat is remotely factual btw.

Whatsoever

• Advertisement

Ah yes, (and I've used this point many times) how could they be racist because they have black or Jewish friends is akin to a serial killer using the defence that they have living friends so how could they be a murderer?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭scuba8

Yeah I found it funny because the political prisoners symbol was used very clever.
    Would always get a reaction against Antifa. People who are not racist would find it funny. Unless they have a preconceived notion of Trump.

Great marketing got people talking.

You yourself might not think that trump is a racist, but racists think trump is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Over 120,000 dead in the middle of a pandemic and Trump decides to do a "wind up"? Do you thing that's behaviour fitting of the president of the United States?

That would be an ignoratio elenchi logical fallacy. Let us focus on the fact that the vast majority of racist fascists vote for Trump. Again, why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I find it amusing because it gas that a fella like that got the number one job in America. And people's reactions to him worldwide are even funnier. It is why I follow this thread it amuses me.

Nah. You like the man, or what he stands for. Or because he isn't someone or something you dislike. There's something there.

You don't just follow the thread, you contribute to it trying to explain/justify that what he is doing is not as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Most people would disagree with you, but, if you feel a particular way about him, why not own it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

So, why should a woman wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt be removed from the queue for the Trump rally in Tulsa? She had a ticket, she had every right to be there.

What's the rationale for her removal?

Are certain items of clothing banned now? Is expressing solidarity with the dead black victims of police brutality banned at Trump rallies? Is praying banned?

Looks like tyranny to me.

https://twitter.com/LacyLeighLove/status/1274382593677541376

Atrempt to ban Bolton's book has failed, someone say Streisand effect?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53118721

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So, why should a woman wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt be removed from the queue for the Trump rally in Tulsa? She had a ticket, she had every right to be there.

What's the rationale for her removal?

Are certain items of clothing banned now? Is expressing solidarity with the dead black victims of police brutality banned at Trump rallies? Is praying banned?

Looks like tyranny to me.

https://twitter.com/LacyLeighLove/status/1274382593677541376

Trump only wants smiling cheering zealots at his rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

"The truth is, whatever the media says, our whole-of-America approach [to COVID-19] has been a success...That's a cause for celebration, not the media's fear-mongering."
    -- VP Mike Pence

This would be one of the more terrifying quotes from all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Who can forget:

Covfefe

Trump has speech-writers at his beck and call. Arguing he just has a syntax problem doesn't cut the ice anymore so walking back his shortening of words and hyphenating is something I leave to him. Its as obvious as the long nose on his face that persons other than him are using Trump's twitter account to pour oil on troubled waters. BTW, it's long past the amusing stage for the persons in the U.S Trump is winding up and that's one thing that defines how much of a sh!tbag he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement