Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

What time is the rally ? Will CNN be showing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So, why should a woman wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt be removed from the queue for the Trump rally in Tulsa? She had a ticket, she had every right to be there.

What's the rationale for her removal?

Are certain items of clothing banned now? Is expressing solidarity with the dead black victims of police brutality banned at Trump rallies? Is praying banned?

Looks like tyranny to me.

https://twitter.com/LacyLeighLove/status/1274382593677541376

Well he's got his "police will be tough on protestors" action. It's noticable that one of the cops pulled the woman's head-dress across her lower face to stop her talking to the media asking her questions, her !st amendment right blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Trump only wants smiling cheering zealots at his rally.

Here's a photo of the rally attendees at the entrance to the BOK Centre just now.. Covid-19 threat anyone?

We can certainly see the Herd.. The Immunity? Not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So, why should a woman wearing an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt be removed from the queue for the Trump rally in Tulsa? She had a ticket, she had every right to be there.

What's the rationale for her removal?

Are certain items of clothing banned now? Is expressing solidarity with the dead black victims of police brutality banned at Trump rallies? Is praying banned?

Looks like tyranny to me.

https://twitter.com/LacyLeighLove/status/1274382593677541376

Wonder how Trumpian zealots square removing someone with a ticket from an event for expressing her right to free speech?

With their expressed ire and anger when they feel their right to same is impeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

About as plausible as Trump's simultaneous claims of massive lies and falsehoods in the book that he also wants the author to pay for because he has published classified information.

Hint, things that are not true can not be classified information.

Edit: actually while on that book subject, surely the man is close to setting a record for the amount of times a presidential administration has lost in federal court, and seemingly mostly due to being unprepared and incompetent in their actions for that matter.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Wonder how Trumpian zealots square removing someone with a ticket from an event for expressing her right to free speech?

With their expressed ire and anger when they feel their right to same is impeded?

They don't really get hypocrisy tbh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So sky news and NBC news are reporting that six trump campaign staff have tested positive for covid-19 in Tulsa.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So sky news and NBC news are reporting that six trump campaign staff have tested positive for covid-19 in Tulsa.

Yep, in a pre rally screening.

I know it may sound cruel but I hope he gets it, and **** it for how complicit and dangerous he's been I hope pence gets a blast too.

Naturally I'd prefer both men to recover but if anyone deserves covid-19 you'll be hard pressed to find two more deserving nit wits

• Registered Users Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If trump did get it, no doubt he will direct the doctors on his treatment - no better man to advise medical professionals on what they are doing wrong -

Breaking now that according to Barr, President Trump has fired the US attorney Mr Berman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Breaking now that according to Barr, President Trump has fired the US attorney Mr Berman.

He gone.

https://twitter.com/XeroeKC/status/1274427927627694085

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Below standard posts deleted.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

listermint wrote: »
    I don't think that stat is remotely factual btw.

Whatsoever

Of course you don't.
    Because it does not fit your narrative.
    If you look at the election results for 2016 it shows 8% of votes were received by trump from African Americans. Now as most of those are known to be male it only stands to reason.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

I know it is hard to stomach for those who want to pedal the myth of Trump the racist 8% of Blacks voted for him and 29% of Hispanics voted for him.

Also 65% of white women voted for Trump the so called misogynist.

Why is detailed here:

I think the problem is many on this thread are viewing Trump through the prism of Irish politics. Or at best through late night talk shows from California. It is a different world in America.

In Trump's cabinet:
    The secretary of Housing and Urban Development is an African-American man Ben Carson.
    Alexander Acosta as labour secretary, a Hispanic man

Racist?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Methinks you never heard of the token, black/coloured/, man/woman?

I think Trump knows the game is, largely up. See self preservation now being the aim of all decisions between this and next Jan.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Trump has speech-writers at his beck and call. Arguing he just has a syntax problem doesn't cut the ice anymore so walking back his shortening of words and hyphenating is something I leave to him. Its as obvious as the long nose on his face that persons other than him are using Trump's twitter account to pour oil on troubled waters. BTW, it's long past the amusing stage for the persons in the U.S Trump is winding up and that's one thing that defines how much of a sh!tbag he is.

The hyperbolic reaction to all things Trump are a major factor in what got him elected in the first. People are just fanning the flames giving him oxygen and helping him. Any publicity good or bad means he is in the news. Those who despise Trump would be better of ignoring him. But they have not cottoned on to it they can't resist being sucked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Of course you don't.
    Because it does not fit your narrative.
    If you look at the election results for 2016 it shows 8% of votes were received by trump from African Americans. Now as most of those are known to be male it only stands to reason.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

I know it is hard to stomach for those who want to pedal the myth of Trump the racist 8% of Blacks voted for him and 29% of Hispanics voted for him.

Also 65% of white women voted for Trump the so called misogynist.

Why is detailed here:

I think the problem is many on this thread are viewing Trump through the prism of Irish politics. Or at best through late night talk shows from California. It is a different world in America.

In Trump's cabinet:
    The secretary of Housing and Urban Development is an African-American man Ben Carson.

Racist?
    That means 92 % of African Americans and 71 % of Hispanics didn't vote for him.

I don't think we are viewing in through the prism of Irish politics. I will speak for myself and say I'm viewing from a stand point of basic competency which Americans apparently expect of the president of the United States which they keep on about, yet have elected someone who makes George W bush and Richard Nixon look competent.

Because for all the things you can say about Nixon and bush, the one thing you can't is they weren't idiots. And when the moment called for they both could act Presidental even if they didn't mean what they said. They both also had government experience which trump doesn't have, so they had some knowledge of even the most basic things of being in public office.

In Trump's cabinet:

Racist?

Are you living in America or how is it that you have a better insight in to what sort of an individual he is than other people have?

I'm currently living there and, in my time here, I have not seen anything to make me view, or consider Trump differently to how I viewed him before I got here.

If you think the judgement on whether or not someone is racist is dependent on if they every give anyone of their colour a job or even praise then you do not understand the meaning of the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Again this is clearly the association fallacy in operation in full swing.
    Oh he said S.S he clearly must mean the Schutzstaffel! When in fact if you read the article it states:

"Trump was presumably referring to the US Secret Service, but his tweet quickly drew attention because the abbreviation is most commonly used to describe the Schutzstaffel, Adolf Hitler's notorious paramilitary force."

This is also an example of Reductio-ad-Hitlerum in an argument.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Reductio-ad-Hitlerum

Something as simple of the use of the abbreviation S.S can be jumped upon aha got him! It is like people reading Nostradamus. People can read things the way they wish to see it.

Oh, please! You must think we are all simpletons. Even I know that you don’t call the US Secret Service *SS*... it is officially abbreviated USSS for a reason! There is no way *SS* is a „simple abbreviation“ after WW2! As POTUS - as in the President of the United States - is is outrageous to post a tweet calling the US Secret Service *SS* - especially in a time of racial turmoil! So Trump is either historically completely illiterate (and doesn’t care), or he (or one of his „aides“) intended to dogwhistle to certain supporters. Although, I do remember that his Ex-wife talked about DJT *holding dear* a book about Adolf‘s propaganda speeches (he kept in on his nightstand). So, what would be the angle of excuse here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Here's a photo of the rally attendees at the entrance to the BOK Centre just now.. Covid-19 threat anyone?

We can certainly see the Herd.. The Immunity? Not so much!

The cultists simply do not care.

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1274355082402955269

I cannot fathom being this slow of thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Water John wrote: »
    Maybe as you recommend we ignore Trump, posters here should ignore you.

When I come across posts that I believe are designed to be inflammatory, written by someone who has stated that s/he believes most of us are suffering from big fallacies and giant hyperbolics, and s/he is only posting in here to enjoy the craic, I tend to ignore them myself. However, the continuous attempts at provocation do become tedious, and force endless scrolling on a small display that is very unhelpful. But that's just me- I guess I have a low tolerance of wittering and bull****, which may explain why I dislike Trump's method of communicating so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

banie01 wrote: »

Yes, but they only get their „right of free speech“ when they wear a MAGA/ KAG hat, or waving a flag with „Trump 2020“ ... or one with Trump depicted as Rambo or similar... nothing anti-Trump of course, b/c then they apparently are „Antifa“! Which implies that there must be a Fascist movement they are protesting against...
    Of course you can ask: „Where did we see this kind of selective freedom before?“ But Trump-supporters are blind on that particular eye and believe anything from their dear Leader, so they haven’t a clue.

Are you living in America or how is it that you have a better insight in to what sort of an individual he is than other people have?

I'm currently living there and, in my time here, I have not seen anything to make me view, or consider Trump differently to how I viewed him before I got here.

If you think the judgement on whether or not someone is racist is dependent on if they every give anyone of their colour a job or even praise then you do not understand the meaning of the term.

Well how do you explain the fact Trump has Jews in his family (daughter/son in law) and advisors? Surely every self-respecting racist would not countenance it?

There was a news item two days ago where a known Trump fan and self-publicist created an event by refusing to wear a mask on a flight to Tulsa and got himself removed from the flight. It's what is going to happen after the rally that might be interesting when it comes to those out-of-towners who didn't drive to Tulsa but flew there by civil airlines queue up to fly home.

The Governor may have been unable to insist on attendees wearing masks, as per the health ordinance introduced by him, but after the rally is over and Trump has got his dollars-worth from them, will he stand by them and insist that the state government do zilch again about his fans breaking state ordinances and the airlines fly them home without masks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Raise the standard and refrain from sniping please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

The hyperbolic reaction to all things Trump are a major factor in what got him elected in the first. People are just fanning the flames giving him oxygen and helping him. Any publicity good or bad means he is in the news. Those who despise Trump would be better of ignoring him. But they have not cottoned on to it they can't resist being sucked in.

As I am not one of the many people who have more to lose due to Trump's management and leadership of their country than I, I just state how much Trump fits into the low estimate I have of him. As for what got him elected in the first place, Trump himself would differ with your estimate there. Taking note of ancapailldorcha's note above. I've deleted my original sentence about usage of the words hyperbole and hysteria.

aloyisious wrote: »
    I find it amusing that you retreat to using words like hyperbolic and hysterical to describe people reacting to Trump when you yourself do not have much faith in him. As I am not one of the many people who have more to lose due to Trump's management and leadership of their country than I, I just state how much Trump fits into the low estimate I have of him. As for what got him elected in the first place, Trump himself would differ with your estimate there.

Of course Trump would because he views himself as the best President since Lincoln (with black Americans). Even his own black cabinet member does not agree with this. But I believe Trump will be one of the most famous and memorable American presidents in history world wide - in decades to come.

People will use the term Trumpium politics to describe him. The Democrats now just have to play catch up and eventually create thier own version.
    If Biden gets in he will be just a stop gap (3 years older than The Donald)

Of course Trump would because he views himself as the best President since Lincoln (with black Americans). Even his own black cabinet member does not agree with this. But I believe Trump will be one of the most famous and memorable American presidents in history world wide - in decades to come.

People will use the term Trumpium politics to describe him.
    The Democrats now just have to play catch up and eventually create thier own version.

You are right there, but it will be because of his divisiveness, his ineptitude, his attack on the media, his propensity for lying and the amount of investigations he was under during his time in office.

The question will rightly be asked how could someone so incapable of doing such a job have convinced enough of the country to vote for him.

You maybe would rate the above as equal to the way in which some other presidents are remembered fondly, it absolutely is not. In fact, one of the most consistent things Trump has done has been to grow appreciation for Obama and that would make Donald's blood boil if he realised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

People will use the term Trumpium politics to describe him. The Democrats now just have to play catch up and eventually create thier own version.

Plus at least you are living in America - people whining about Trump in other countries is a bit like people from Australia whinging about Danny Healy Rae imo

Oh he’ll be one of the most famous and memorable American presidents alright, because everything he does is an absolute ****ing shambles.

Your point about Healy Rae is completely ridiculous, but sure you knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

On this we can agree, I would say the Nixon family are loving every minute of Trumps presidency simply because they know their ancestor will no longer be considered the worst president in history.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Except he probably isn't.

He can only be fired by Trump who when asked a little earlier said " I had nothing to do with it, it's down to Bill Barr"

So,

If Berman is fired then Trump is a liar ,or an Idiot.
    If Berman isn't fired, then Barr is a liar ,or an Idiot

Just another glorious day in the Trump administration.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement