Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Great headline to wake up to, trump sows division and promises greatness at Tulsa rally flop.

Beautiful.

Going from a couple of the recent posts in this thread his loyal internet fanboys are also butthurt which is an excellent bonus. I have heard of tears of the libs and sticking it to the libs and all that, not sure what you'd use in response because them lads surely aren't conservatives in the real sense of the word.

Would suck it up buttercup suffice?

Your boys ego certainly took one hell of a beating, I can tell you that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Using new software to make up tens of thousands of fake identity's. Easy knowing why Democrats are pushing so hard for mail in voting.

And yet you've to forge 'tens of thousands' of state ids to register those ballots which are then tied to social security numbers and individual addresses. So rather than regurgitate the lines, explain how its done

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A wind up playing up to a stereotype. I have already commented on that as well.
    I my opinion the use of the inverted political prisoners red triangle was funny.
    Because they knew it would get a reaction. Considering Trump is surrounded by Jews his daughter, son in law and Stephen Miller. I find it funny. I wouldn't worry about it no Jews are going to be exterminated under Trump's watch.

That's really one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read on boards.

Promotion of nazi symbolism, and everything that it historically represents, by the sitting POTUS should never be considered "funny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

duploelabs wrote: »
    And yet you've to forge 'tens of thousands' of state ids to register those ballots which are then tied to social security numbers and individual addresses. So rather than regurgitate the lines, explain how its done

You're missing the point. It shows how easy it is to manipulate the technology. If they've everything tied down with the ids and social security numbers explain how hundreds of ex J1ers living in Ireland received the 1200 dollars Covid payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

You're missing the point. It shows how easy it is to manipulate the technology. If they've everything tied down with the ids and social security numbers explain how hundreds of ex J1ers living in Ireland received the 1200 dollars Covid payment?

Really? Do you have a link to that?

• Advertisement

Midlife wrote: »
    Really? Do you have a link to that?

"Covid 19 payment to former j1 students may affect ability to return to US"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-payment-to-former-j1-students-may-affect-ability-to-return-to-us-1.4245643%3fmode=amp

No, I'll ask again. If you say it happens, and can happen with complex software, explain the process. How does one engineer falsification of thousands of ballots as you claim? Perhaps if you demonstrated the process you might get people to understand your situation better

No, I'll ask again. If you say it happens, and can happen with complex software, explain the process. How does one engineer falsification of thousands of ballots as you claim? Perhaps if you demonstrated the process you might get people to understand your situation better

You are trying to say there's no chance that this could happen.

We observed last night manipulation of software to create tens of thousands of identity's. And you're too blind to even see the corollary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

As some have pointed out, it not the size of the crowd itself that is the issue, it is the hype and the lies and the inevitable claims of suppression, misreporting, fake news etc that will follow.

We will then be forced to wade through countless baseless and irrelevant theories and claims about left wing bias.

But whatever way one looks at it, this is a disappointing event for Trump. He has been itching to get back out on the rally circuit, for a few weeks using the Press briefings as a surrogate before that fell apart, but he is faced with a distinct lack of enthusiasm.

There are many probable reasons but the issue for Trump is how to generate enthusiasm over the next few months. I watched some of it and the crowd seemed subdued. He didn't have much talking points.

His No 1 achievement, according to him as it is the 1st one he mentioned, as 300 judges. Around 300, 300+, then roughly 300! But whilst there are if course some that focus on judges, I would guess that for many judges are not No 1.

He can't mention the economy or jobs without drawing attention to Covid. He can't mention Covid because it is such a disaster and he has shown to be totally useless on it.

As far as I saw yesterday he offered nothing. No plans, no ideas. Of course 1st rally and 5 months so don't expect it normally to be a big announcement, but then this was effectively a launch of his reelection campaign. This was the start of the fight back to the polls.

It ended up as a nothing burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

We observed last night manipulation of software to create tens of thousands of identity's. And you're too blind to even see the corollary.

Did we really?

It was a free ticket with the most basic info required. There is a massive difference between people created a script to gets lots of tickets - is this actually the case or did people book and not bother? - and creating millions of fake identities.

• Advertisement

The burden is on you to back up your claims, not on me to disprove them.

So far you've provided zero evidence of a mechanism to falsify 'thousands of identities' to commit voter fraud, so please aid my 'blindness' as I fail to see the steps you took to get you to this assertion

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The IRS screwed up and probably didn't account for J1 holders when rushing to release checks delayed by the #IMPOTUS insisting his signature be on them later to learn he couldn't and settling for his name only.

Obviously these aren't 'fake ID's' as per your article, real people are receiving the checks and raised the concern.

What's your explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I saw one bit of the rally, spouting off about the radical left attacking and destroying their beautiful monuments.

Same **** different day so really by the sound of it, the man offers nothing, a tired parody of himself at this stage.

He doesn't have the energy he used to and his material is far from fresh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Huh? There was a viral campaign to apply for tickets and not show up. Where was the software manipulation

Huh? There was a viral campaign to apply for tickets and not show up. Where was the software manipulation

No, you're wrong. It's intricate software developed to create tens of thousands of identities to commit voter fraud. Do keep up

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That article is a guess with no actual figures supplied.
    Indeed the sub headline confirms it's unknown how many people are affected.

Further to that, those who may be affected are those who filed their US tax return as residents.

So not a flaw with the tax system, rather a flaw with people not actually submitting their return correctly.

Even at that, there is no number showing how many are affected by this.

No, you're wrong. It's intricate software developed to create tens of thousands of identities to commit voter fraud. Do keep up

/s

Where did I ever say it was designed to commit voter fraud? I said it opened the gates to potential manipulation. You're whole argument is based on optics. The optics of this look good for Trump.

The same way the events in Seattle last night are a boon for him. How does it look when New York and Chicago both democrat run cities trying to defend the police witnessed their worst nights of gun violence in the last 40 years over the weekend?

The burden is on you to back up your claims, not on me to disprove them.

So far you've provided zero evidence of a mechanism to falsify 'thousands of identities' to commit voter fraud, so please aid my 'blindness' as I fail to see the steps you took to get you to this assertion

Ive said that it wasn't a bad night for Trump as manipulation, especially from a Chinese owned company, makes potential voter irregularities easier to claim.

Please provide my quote where I once claimed that there would definitely be voter fraud?

Using new software to make up tens of thousands of fake identity's. Easy knowing why Democrats are pushing so hard for mail in voting.

Here

Ive said that it wasn't a bad night for Trump as manipulation, especially from a Chinese owned company, makes potential voter irregularities easier to claim.

Please provide my quote where I once claimed that there would definitely be voter fraud?

How is a viral campaign manipulation? I'm stuck on this point

• Advertisement

Where did I ever say it was designed to commit voter fraud? I said it opened the gates to potential manipulation. You're whole argument is based on optics. The optics of this look good for Trump.

The same way the events in Seattle last night are a boon for him. How does it look when New York and Chicago both democrat run cities trying to defend the police witnessed their worst nights of gun violence in the last 40 years over the weekend?

My argument isn't based on optics, I'm making no argument, I'm just asking how you came to your conclusions

Here

Where is that saying there would be voter fraud? I've consistently said it raises the possibility.

My argument isn't based on optics, I'm making no argument, I'm just asking how you came to your conclusions

Sorry what conclusion? I've made no conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It was a viral campaign where people signed up to attend but didn't go. It's a simple as that. You'd fit in over in the conspiracy theory forum.

Where is that saying there would be voter fraud? I've consistently said it raises the possibility.

Jigging a free ticket event is not the same as committing voter fraud, that's where your 'possibility' falls flat on its face

Your possibilities belong in the conspiracy forum where no proof is required, the standard is somewhere higher here

How is a viral campaign manipulation? I'm stuck on this point

Well if it was encouraged for example by a congresswoman to interfere with an election campaign by law it is. US section code 595.

To be honest I thought AOC was involved in this prior to the event happening. If so she would have been liable for prosecution under the above statue. Having looked back it's clear that she only tweeted post the event happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Agreed. You have made no conclusions in any post.

Agreed. You have made no conclusions in any post.

Exactly. I made suggestions as to how last night could be construed as not being a bad night for Trump.

Any conclusions that it was a terrible night for him are thus wrong according to your criteria.

• Advertisement

It was a viral campaign where people signed up to attend but didn't go. It's a simple as that. You'd fit in over in the conspiracy theory forum.

I read an article this morning claiming that the numbers were doctored by fake applications.
    It appears this was mistaken and that the tickets were booked legitimately en masse. I concede I was wrong on this front.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement