Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's the end of that then really isn't it. When you still refer to the Russian interference as the Russian hoax you know there is no point continuing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

if this had been a Biden, Obama, Clinton rally the Trump zealots would be happily telling us what a terrible turnout it was. Because it was Trump talking to a 3/4 empty stadium they are coming up with every crazy excuse they can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jibber5000 wrote: »
    The same place the Russian hoax should be? Peddled for 3 years on the MSM who then reneged their claims under oath?

Changing the subject, that didn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Exactly. I made suggestions as to how last night could be construed as not being a bad night for Trump.

Any conclusions that it was a terrible night for him are thus wrong according to your criteria.

It was a terrible night for him. There's photographic evidence of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Changing the subject, that didn't take long.

It was in reply to the conspiracy theory comment.

• Advertisement

It was a terrible night for him. There's photographic evidence of that.

I agree on the rally optics being terrible. I've never said they weren't.

What I've said is that ordinary Americans are, in my opinion, more concerned with a lawless zone in one of their primary cities and the complete breakdown in law and order in the two most prominent cities, than Trumps rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I think this could be even more disastrous for Trump than it looks. He lives for his rallies, they are his safe space. If he can't rely on them, he has no refuge.

That's the end of that then really isn't it. When you still refer to the Russian interference as the Russian hoax you know there is no point continuing.

I'm calling it a hoax due to the statements made under oath which went against what those same people said on their TV appearances.
    I'm not trying to change the subject it was in reply to the conspiracy theory comment.

I agree on the rally optics being terrible. I've never said they weren't.

What I've said is that ordinary Americans are, in my opinion, more concerned with a lawless zone in one of their primary cities and the complete breakdown in law and order in the two most prominent cities, than Trumps rally.

And who do they blame for this? Here's an insight. Just 24% of Americans think the US is heading in the right direction.

And who do they blame for this? Here's an insight. Just 24% of Americans think the US is heading in the right direction.

Trump leads Biden still on the economy in polls.

I've never said Trump has done a brilliant job. I don't see Biden doing much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well if it was encouraged for example by a congresswoman to interfere with an election campaign by law it is. US section code 595.

To be honest I thought AOC was involved in this prior to the event happening. If so she would have been liable for prosecution under the above statue. Having looked back it's clear that she only tweeted post the event happening.

“Russia, if you’re listening"...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

frag420 wrote: »
    “Russia, if you’re listening"...

It’s a joke, every time he says something that’s picked up on its a joke. Always a joke. It’s a joke people he was joking. He was trolling the ‘MSM’ joke joke joke.

Trump leads Biden still on the economy in polls.

I've never said Trump has done a brilliant job. I don't see Biden doing much better.

Who cares really? Trump has done a terrible job. More and more people are realising that. So Biden will look good in contrast. Just keep the head down, make all the right noises and watch Trump take a shotgun to both feet on a daily basis.

Who cares really? Trump has done a terrible job. More and more people are realising that. So Biden will look good in contrast. Just keep the head down, make all the right noises and watch Trump take a shotgun to both feet on a daily basis.

But he's even struggling to do that.

Trump was strolling to re election, then he'd Covid and then George Floyd. Whatever your opinions on him he was incredibly unlucky. He'd done a good job with the economy. He was left with two incredibly difficult situations and admittedly did not do a great job.

I maintain it's unfair for him to be blamed for the systemic racism in America when Obama never really truly tried to address when he was in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trump was strolling to re election, then he'd Covid and then George Floyd. Whatever your opinions on him he was incredibly unlucky. He'd done a good job with the economy. He was left with two incredibly difficult situations and admittedly did not do a great job.

I maintain it's unfair for him to be blamed for the systemic racism in America when Obama never really truly tried to address when he was in office.

The majority of world leaders received a massive boost from covid. It gave them a crisis to rally people behind. Kind of like 9/11 for Bush.

Covid should have secured his reelection. All he had to do was listen to experts and not make a mess of it. He failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What trajectory was the federal deficit going before Covid hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, feel free to start a 'blame Obama to exonerate the #IMPOTUS' thread here. I mean, really, this is your best argument? That the #IMPOTUS is being cruelly maligned where his predecessor (and why not GWB? Clinton? All can be blamed) wasn't?

But this is the #IMPOTUS discussion thread. So, what's he doing about systemic racism in the US?

Christy42 wrote: »
    The majority of world leaders received a massive boost from covid. It gave them a crisis to rally people behind. Kind of like 9/11 for Bush.

Covid should have secured his reelection. All he had to do was listen to experts and not make a mess of it. He failed.

But he did listen to the experts. He went along with everything Fauci told him. At least give an honest assessment. He failed in communication. Like last night his biggest failure was not to address it in a proper way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-fauci.amp.html

duploelabs wrote: »
    What trajectory was the federal deficit going before Covid hit?

The same way it's gone for the last 20 years.

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, feel free to start a 'blame Obama to exonerate the #IMPOTUS' thread here. I mean, really, this is your best argument? That the #IMPOTUS is being cruelly maligned where his predecessor (and why not GWB? Clinton? All can be blamed) wasn't?

But this is the #IMPOTUS discussion thread. So, what's he doing about systemic racism in the US?

What's with the continuous hashtag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

But he did listen to the experts. He went along with everything Fauci told him. At least give an honest assessment. He failed in communication. Like last night his biggest failure was not to address it in a proper way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-fauci.amp.html
    Laura Ingraham isn't an expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

You have this backwards.Trump has been incredibly lucky through most of his presidency,he got away without a major crisis for over three years.

When a crisis did hit,it confirmed what so many of us knew:he is utterly incapable of fulfilling the role he was elected to.This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

The same way it's gone for the last 20 years.

But I thought you said Trump is good for the economy, surely if he was the case then the deficit would be reduced?

But I thought you said Trump is good for the economy, surely if he was the case then the deficit would be reduced?

You really don't understand economics. You expected him to stifle any hopes of growth to start paring back the deficit?

You really don't understand economics. You expected him to stifle any hopes of growth to start paring back the deficit?

I understand that borrowing more to pay for less is bad economics, which is exactly what Trump has done

I understand that borrowing more to pay for less is bad economics, which is exactly what Trump has done

To pay for less?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not only has Trump not addressed systemic racism in the US, He has actually fanned the flames with his comments/tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

More people working for less money while the Billionaires are making uhuge profits is not a strong economy and is part of the reason for the current situation. Trump and his buddies are literally looting the country, adding to the debt at an unprecedented rate, but the quality of most of the public's life is decreasing.

paddythere wrote: »
    More people working for less money while the Billionaires are making uhuge profits is not a strong economy and is part of the reason for the current situation. Trump and his buddies are literally looting the country, adding to the debt at an unprecedented rate, but the quality of most of the public's life is decreasing.

You think ordinary workers don't benefit when the company's they have shares in soar on the stock market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You think ordinary workers don't benefit when the company's they have shares in soar on the stock market?

How many low income workers have shares in the companies they work for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement