Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No, narcissists don't have that kind of self reflection moment, it will not be anything to do with him in his mind. Others are to blame.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Inquitus wrote: »
    A deflated Trump returns from Tulsa on Airforce 2

https://twitter.com/SethN12/status/1274697079164743682

Ah. Remember when the GOP and its adjacents went absolutely NUTS because Obama had the audacity and disrespect to salute the marine one guard with a coffee in his hand? Or wear a tan suit? Or order a hotdog with slightly fancier mustard? Trump looks a genuinely disheveled mess but in fairly sure Tucker Carlson and co won't bat an eyelid.

I give him a pass on that one anyway, he's an old man and it's like 1am. He's tired, it's normal.

In news that did interest me more, Nadler announced they will be immediately looking into the circumstances around Berman being forced out as part of the wider investigation into William Barr's disgusting politicisation of the Justice Department, and Patrick Leahy reminded people of the last time they had an attorney general working with the white House like this for political reasons and how it ended for that attorney general

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He'll blame it on those 50 "nasty people outside" for stopping his 800,000 other fans getting inside the building. The building will probably have a name change to "The Covid 19 Conference Center".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I'd say the queue outside penny's last week was bigger :D

On a more serious note he looks terrible in that video, finally realising he isn't loved by all and his presidency is coming to an end.

He's spitting fire with anger and resentment, I'd say..

And it needn't have been this way. He could have surrounded himself with good people who had the country's interests at heart back in 2016/17, and listened to them. Instead....... Grifter City!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I give him a pass on that one anyway, he's an old man and it's like 1am. He's tired, it's normal.

In news that did interest me more, Nadler announced they will be immediately looking into the circumstances around Berman being forced out as part of the wider investigation into William Barr's disgusting politicisation of the Justice Department, and Patrick Leahy reminded people of the last time they had an attorney general working with the white House like this for political reasons and how it ended for that attorney general

He is officially at work! He only went to a rally, not a war meeting.

Whatever he was annoyed about, or even it was just tiredness (neither of which are a good luck), dust yourself down, smarten up and pretend you are in control and not deflated. It was only a 50 metre walk ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far, I think Covid and everything around it would have depressed the numbers.

It was the first one for ages, so many will have switched off politics. He disappeared from the press briefings so to many he had gone to ground.

I think his base is locked in, but you raise the very important question of whether they are still enthused enough to actual go out and vote for him. I don't know, but yesterday should be a serious concern.

And it might be me reading too much into it, or the fact that it was 1/2 empty, but I thought the crowd reaction was very subdued.

Its a reminder that Trump's base are treating the virus more seriously than Trump and his advisers. The Tik Tok thing is fun little story but even with that if the enthusiasm was their in the base it would have been packed.

Trump needs to try and juice the economy to have any chance in November but beginning to see Koch type Republicans growl about over the top spending.:rolleyes:

If he is forced to bend the knee then not only he will lose but it will be a massacre for the GOP across the board.

Trying to associate Biden with Antifa or any other culture war ****e isn't going to win anything with unemployment at such a high level and so many small businesses going under.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its a reminder that Trump's base are treating the virus more seriously than Trump and his advisers. The Tik Tok thing is fun little story but even with that if the enthusiasm was their in the base it would have been packed.

Trump needs to try and juice the economy to have any chance in November but beginning to see Koch type Republicans growl about over the top spending.:rolleyes:

If he is forced to bend the knee then not only he will lose but it will be a massacre for the GOP across the board.

Trying to associate Biden with Antifa or any other culture war ****e isn't going to win anything with unemployment at such a high level and so many small businesses going under.

With the economy tanked he doesn't have a narrative that brings him out on top.

He'd give anything to be able to change the topic but economy, covid and BLM protests are all losers for him.

I'm not into conspiracies but if there was every a government that would run a false flag operation its this government and now. They need a new narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I should point out that I don't think the above will happen.

Just observing that if anyone ever needed a war...

Edited to include: just saw he's planning on visiting the wall construction in arizona. Them immigrants are a useful enemy but don't think it'll be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

This was the real story of the weekend, hopefully Berman will be brought into testify and release some of the dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Midlife wrote: »
    I should point out that I don't think the above will happen.

Just observing that if anyone ever needed a war...

Edited to include: just saw he's planning on visiting the wall construction in arizona. Them immigrants are a useful enemy but don't think it'll be enough.

Okay I just need to get this Wall thing clear in my head. I was under the impression that the border fence work was renewal/repair of what was already there and not anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There is both, repair and replace along with some new build now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

All quiet on the Twitter front today. I've never seen him so defeated looking as he was last night. Maybe the penny is starting to drop for him, won't be holding my breath though.

How many times have his business gone tits up? He knows that losing feeling alright.
    Tuesday will be an effort to reclaim.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    All quiet on the Twitter front today. I've never seen him so defeated looking as he was last night. Maybe the penny is starting to drop for him, won't be holding my breath though.

Calm before the storm I'd say... Its beginning to look like Brad Parscale will be getting lots of free time to spend on the yacht and in the Florida mansion he has allegedly been able to buy from the millions he's been paid by the Trump re-election campaign...

Ah, poor Brad.... Talk about over-promising and under-delivering!! By all accounts, JaVanka are gunning for him! I expect a parting of the ways in the near future! Time for the tomb to be opened and Count Steve Bannon to be 're-introduced ' to the campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

The courts delivered their decision to not block the release of Boltons book around the same time? I think that's going to bother him.

I'd say knowing what's coming in the book, a much smaller rally crowd with protests drawing larger numbers are signs that he could well be done now. I think he looks completely defeated in that video.

I've been trying to figure out who they were all talking to at the rally in Tulsa when they kept saying "You are the Silent Majority"... I couldn't understand it, and then I saw this photo...

Now I know what the Silent Majority is: a great big waaaave of Blue Seats, and a lone Trump supporter.

Hopefully that's a portent of how the Congress will look after the election...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I saw one bit of the rally, spouting off about the radical left attacking and destroying their beautiful monuments.

Same **** different day so really by the sound of it, the man offers nothing, a tired parody of himself at this stage.

He doesn't have the energy he used to and his material is far from fresh.

At one point during the warm up last night Mike Pence told the crowd that they need to drain the swamp and they need four more years to do it. That sums up how Trump is offering absolutely nothing new with a further term.

I wonder where his next rally might be. After last nights poor attendance he will be wanting to avoid states where Covid numbers are on the rise but many of them seem like GOP states right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Muahahaha wrote: »
    At one point during the warm up last night Mike Pence told the crowd that they need to drain the swamp and they need four more years to do it. That sums up how Trump is offering absolutely nothing new
    God, that sounds like Alec Baldwin's version of Trump on SNL: 'I'll be doing "Build The Wall", "Lock Her Up" - all the hits!'

• Advertisement

FrostyJack wrote: »
    This was the real story of the weekend, hopefully Berman will be brought into testify and release some of the dirt.

Although this is a huge story in my opinion I actually think an even bigger one is the resignation of the head of the VOA agency and the subsequent firing of every single head of station from radio free Europe to radio free Asia and the replacement being a guy who has Steve Bannon as his idol.

The VOA and related agencies have always been non partisan and just reported news, this is actually a scary development and again further down that road toward autocracy. The fired heads of the network's have banded together to call on the new man to hold true to the values of the stations and the charters. Best of luck with that, I only heard it in a maddow clip so not sure it was covered elsewhere but if anyone is interested I'd recommend it. Very troubling development.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

At one point during the warm up last night Mike Pence told the crowd that they need to drain the swamp and they need four more years to do it. That sums up how Trump is offering absolutely nothing new with a further term.

I wonder where his next rally might be. After last nights poor attendance he will be wanting to avoid states where Covid numbers are on the rise but many of them seem like GOP states right now.

Arizona next week.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2020/06/19/trump-visit-yuma-phoenix-comes-amid-arizona-spike-covid-19/3222521001/

517348.PNG

I think Phoenix Arizona was mentioned last week. However, AZ cases are rising quite steeply, so the after-action analysis fo!losing Tulsa may change plans. See this from the WaPo just now:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On a more serious note he looks terrible in that video, finally realising he isn't loved by all and his presidency is coming to an end.

Its about as close to human as hes ever looked imo. I think that video will actually work for him.

In the sense that it wont work against him like most videos do.

Maybe, if he didnt spend the whole time going on about how old Biden is and calling him "sleepy joe". You cant have it both ways (as much as he tries and his lunatic base try)

Separately , couldnt find it again , but does anyone have the video of the people being interviewed outside beforehand and theyre talking to a guy that says about 2 of his family or friends died and other were in a bad way because of Covid, but then straight away goes to "but you dont know who to believe in all this" . ****ing hell, thats the delusion of these people.

Thats the cult mentality. For the umpteenth time, if he had won as a democrat and did everything the same, all these people would be proclaiming him the devil that is destroying the country.

Maybe, if he didnt spend the whole time going on about how old Biden is and calling him "sleepy joe". You cant have it both ways (as much as he tries and his lunatic base try)

Oh I know he wouldn't give another person a pass on that, but I will under the circumstances :) I'm not him thankfully and I absolutely agree that the paper tiger holds himself up to be so energetic and dominant and masculine that it was a poor look for him.

Its the very same as all the rubbish about all the Obama associates that are going to be locked up and the Q anon bull****. Its always "about to happen" and the idiots lap it up. Now we get to the stage where he needs another term to get it over the line, but sure enough, if hes re-elected, its gets quietly forgotten. its so transparent , imagine being stupid enough to believe this crap.

Just like the various conspiracy stuff and the likes of Gemma O doherty. Something is always "about" to happen, then they come up with another thing to wail about and the previous thing is pushed to the back until it fades and the gullible are now focused on the new thing that wont happen.

Separately , couldnt find it again , but does anyone have the video of the people being interviewed outside beforehand and theyre talking to a guy that says about 2 of his family or friends died and other were in a bad way because of Covid, but then straight away goes to "but you dont know who to believe in all this" . ****ing hell, thats the delusion of these people.

Thats the cult mentality. For the umpteenth time, if he had won as a democrat and did everything the same, all these people would be proclaiming him the devil that is destroying the country.

This one got a lot of people genuinely wondering about the US education system.

https://popculture.com/trending/news/watch-trump-supporter-refuses-wear-mask-despite-friend-dying-covid-19-coronavirus-tulsa-rally/

John Bolton is going to vote for Joe Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's been reported that John Bolton has said he will vote for joe Biden.

Maybe, it's been discussed previously in the thread but how can the trump administration claim that boltons book be both lies and classified information ? To me it can't be both. Either it's lies or it classified, it can't be both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement