Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

8k3ad641xof41.jpg

Behold, the Commander in Chief.

It might seem petty, but this should absolutely be an element of the anti-Trump messaging between now and the election.

He has always presented a sense of strength to his worshippers and with visceral examples like this, there might be a better chance of breaking through to them than with words alone.

It's not that he just looks ludicrous. If you were to tell someone who didn't know who Trump was in 1990, that the man pictured above would be President of the US within 30 years they'd think you were braindead, because he looks a mess.

But more than that, it genuinely reflects a degree of mental unsuitability, in the same way a President festooned with coat hangers, or dressed up as a clown, or with a boot on his head would. That is not the face of a person with a sense of self-reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Gbear wrote: »
    8k3ad641xof41.jpg

Did the White House actually put this 'Sun-God' picture out? WTF were they thinking?

Reminds me so much of the Teletubbies Baby. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Did the White House actually put this 'Sun-God' picture out? WTF were they thinking?

Reminds me so much of the Teletubbies Baby. .

What’s so ridiculous about this picture ? By his standards it’s not that bad ?

Fake tan ? Wig ?

Fake tan ? Wig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭briany

8k3ad641xof41.jpg

It might seem petty, but this should absolutely be an element of the anti-Trump messaging between now and the election.

He has always presented a sense of strength to his worshippers and with visceral examples like this, there might be a better chance of breaking through to them than with words alone.

It's not that he just looks ludicrous. If you were to tell someone who didn't know who Trump was in 1990, that the man pictured above would be President of the US within 30 years they'd think you were braindead, because he looks a mess.

But more than that, it genuinely reflects a degree of mental unsuitability, in the same way a President festooned with coat hangers, or dressed up as a clown, or with a boot on his head would. That is not the face of a person with a sense of self-reflection.

The idea that Trump looks ridiculous is not new. It's part of the package when you think about him. Trump's very used to being attacked on his looks, and although I very much doubt he enjoys being lampooned, he tends to roll with it. He knows how to play that game. Therefore when you talk about those already predisposed to vote for the man, I don't looking at a comical tan job is going to make a difference.

There are many American voters, I'd say, who would vote for a man wearing a boot on his head if that man said he'd deport Mexicans, bring back blue-collar jobs and utterly repudiated the previous policies of the Democrats. Mental stability doesn't even come into it. A lot of these people could be a little mentally-suspect themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is something very strange about that pic, I would love it to be genuine but there's some odd pixels around the hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

looksee wrote: »
    There is something very strange about that pic, I would love it to be genuine but there's some odd pixels around the hair.

True, but its probably just his misshapen head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

looksee wrote: »

It was confirmed as real.

Trump making fun of a grieving widow on Twitter... I will never understand how this is real/acceptable/defendable ?

• Advertisement

Trump making fun of a grieving widow on Twitter... I will never understand how this is real/acceptable/defendable ?

I don't have Twitter, what did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

@RepDebDingell, who called me, tears flowing, to thank me for rolling out the maximum “Red Carpet” for the funeral of her husband, then voted against me on the partisan Impeachmen Hoax,
    replies to the tweet pointed out that -

as a vet he was entitled to the funeral and it was nothing to do with Trump,

and that Trump was looking for a quid pro quo on the funeral he did not arrange

and she was perfectly entitled to vote with her conscience - he had not bought her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I don't have Twitter, what did he say?

You don't need to have an account, just google "realdonaldtrump".

On the topic of twitter, Pelosi tried to get a video of her ripping up the SOTU pages removed from Trump's account and they refused, hasn't been a bad couple of weeks for Donald, polling 50% nationally. Whatever Dem wins the nomination it's gonna go down to the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's been a great couple of weeks for the Don, but there's no way he's at 50% nationally, unless your looking at some (very) right wing source.

I'd expect it to revert back to his usual % soon anyway, was always gonna be a bounce once the vote was over. I do wonder what the after effects of the 70/80% of Americans who wanted witnesses and evidence etc will be on the senate.

Plenty of campaign ammunition for both sides from that charade.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, here's a fun fact :

Netanyahu is planning annexation of further Palestinian territory on foot of Trump's so called peace plan for the Middle East....

Any parallels with Hitler's move into Sudetenland, Austria, Bohemia even before he took Poland, anyone?

https://news.yahoo.com/israel-drawing-map-west-bank-203515540.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Wish I could say I'm surprised to read such utter nonsense but at this stage the hatred of Donald Trump, and what people will resort to in an effort to malign him, truly knows no bounds. That the image was (clearly) altered makes the views all the more pathetic.

tr88.jpg

trf2.jpg

Last sentence about sums it up:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226222654019035142

No doubt in reply we'll have some saying: "Ah he's wrong, he said it was photoshopped but the image could have altered with an app, what an idiot!!" but as ever those ridiculing Trump in such petty ways just reveal more about themselves and what it is that has been driving their seemingly never ending nitpicking for closing on four years, as it ain't based on outcome, that's for damn sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wish I could say I'm surprised to read such utter nonsense but at this stage the hatred of Donald Trump, and what people will resort to in an effort to malign him, truly knows no bounds. That the image has (clearly) been altered makes the views all the more pathetic.

tr88.jpg

trf2.jpg

last sentence about sums it up:

No doubt now we'll have some saying: "Ah he's wrong, he said it was photoshopped but the image could have altered with an app, what an idiot!!" but as ever those ridiculing Trump in such petty ways just reveal more about themselves and what it is that has been driving their seemingly never ending nitpicking for closing on four years, as it ain't based on outcome, that's for damn sure.

Are you trying to be the worst wind up merchant here, or are you just completely oblivious to reality?

Trump has ridiculed people's looks for years.

People wouldn't give a sh1t what he looks like if he didn't insult everyone else about their appearance. They are only pointing it out purely because of the hypocrisy.

And that photo was real. He looks like a piece of tupperware which once had spaghetti bolognese in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wish I could say I'm surprised to read such utter nonsense but at this stage the hatred of Donald Trump, and what people will resort to in an effort to malign him, truly knows no bounds. That the image was (clearly) altered makes the views all the more pathetic.

tr88.jpg

trf2.jpg

No doubt in reply we'll have some saying: "Ah he's wrong, he said it was photoshopped but the image could have altered with an app, what an idiot!!" but as ever those ridiculing Trump in such petty ways just reveal more about themselves and what it is that has been driving their seemingly never ending nitpicking for closing on four years, as it ain't based on outcome, that's for damn sure.

So Pete, seeing as how you're here commenting on his looks, again (for the 4th time) what do you think his flaws are? Both as a president and as a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

tr88.jpg

trf2.jpg

Shifty Schiff, Small Mike, Pochahantas etc....

Shifty Schiff, Small Mike, Pochahantas etc....
    'I don't know, I can't remember'
    _makes jerky body movements_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

He looks ridiculous in all three of those photos lol. Those 'unedited' photos still have the same weird blending issues

But sure everything is fake news isn't it

He looks ridiculous in all three of those photos lol. Those 'unedited' photos still have the same weird blending issues

Only if its something that is critical of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

tr88.jpg

trf2.jpg

Can't handle any criticism of your dear leader really.

Being so vitriolic about stuff like this but ignoring trump style lies about people standing on boxes basically means one thing.

Your blatent partisanship and clear hipocrasy means that we actually can' t logically take you seriously.

I hope you understand this.

You have created a situation where both you and the words you type deserve no respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Fake news only arrived with this fake President.

I'll never stop being amused by how the likes of Outlaw Pete will cry about things like these pictures, but yet are happy to defend a guy that's lied over 16,000 times since he took office.

Such is the world in which we live, it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll never stop being amused by how the likes of Outlaw Pete will cry about things like these pictures, but yet are happy to defend a guy that's lied over 16,000 times since he took office.

Such is the world in which we live, it seems.
    But remember it's only lefties that are snowflakes; the right wing side only cry manly tears of an alpha leader.

So Trump is now tweeting that Romney and Hunter Biden are somehow connected to each other and are involved in the Ukraine conspiracy.... since congress told him he is above the law he seems to be getting crazier..... I think his enemies better watch out...Trump is out for vengeance

So Trump is now tweeting that Romney and Hunter Biden are somehow connected to each other and are involved in the Ukraine conspiracy.... since congress told him he is above the law he seems to be getting crazier..... I think his enemies better watch out...Trump is out for vengeance

Are you kidding? :D

Any chance you could share? I try to avoid Twitter as best I can.

Are you kidding? :D

Any chance you could share? I try to avoid Twitter as best I can.

He is retweeting a load of garbage/conspiracies.... sorry don’t actually know how to share/post that stuff from my phone.... but yeah Trump is out to get Romney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He is retweeting a load of garbage/conspiracies.... sorry don’t actually know how to share/post that stuff from my phone.... but yeah Trump is out to get Romney

Share button (like a fork in the road with a o on each end) and copy link to tweet. Paste here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement