Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seems like this Treasury nominee's loyalty might not have run deep enough -as US attorney for DC, she oversaw the (lest we forget) SUCCESSFUL prosecution of Ratf*cker Stone. So, Trump withdrew her nomination to Treasury...

https://www.axios.com/trump-jessie-liu-treasury-us-attorney-838d1a3b-1d4d-414c-ac7d-77a7ba6d4edb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

everlast75 wrote: »
    1 out of 10. Try harder.

Oh and btw, an inanimate carbon rod would be a better president than 45. Whoever the nominee is the entire Dem party will be 100% behind them.

Sanders takes new Hampshire, was hoping Bloomeberg would go for it (a real successful businessman). Can't see Sanders winning, Buiteberg, 2nd looks too young to me. Klobucher was a surprising 3rd. Warren and Biden, not looking good for them at all.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Not a chance he'll leave willingly if he's beaten in November. He's never accepted defeat before, he's not going to start now. He'll blame it on voter fraud or the like but no way he'll just put his hands up and accept he was defeated fairly and squarely.

The cultists will lap it up, still make excuses for him and somehow find a way to defend their daddy.
    If he refuses to leave, what would happen? Would McConnell and the senate back him and basically start a dictatorship or would they suddenly find some backbone and tell him to get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If he refuses to leave, what would happen? Would McConnell and the senate back him and basically start a dictatorship or would they suddenly find some backbone and tell him to get out?

It won’t happen anyway, he’d make a big deal etc but ultimately once the new president is sworn in he’s back to being a normal citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It won't be just him making a big deal, he literally has a cult of millions who hang on every word he says, many of them armed to the teeth. If Daddy tells them he was cheated out of victory and not to accept the election result you can be damn sure they won't.

As I heard someone say, Trump always considered himself a messiah, the problem is you now have literally millions of people who believe it aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It won't be just him making a big deal, he literally has a cult of millions who hang on every word he says, many of them armed to the teeth. If Daddy tells them he was cheated out of victory and not to accept the election result you can be damn sure they won't.

As I heard someone say, Trump always considered himself a messiah, the problem is you now have literally millions of people who believe it aswell

Look nobody thinks less of him than me but there is really nothing to suggest that apart from bluster he’d do anything really. I’d be very confident that whatever about how he operates he’s a physical coward and isn’t going to do anything that puts himself in the way of physical harm. I’m sure he’d grumble even not accept it as real but ultimately when it comes to it he won’t risk his backside physically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

salmocab wrote: »
    Look nobody thinks less of him than me but there is really nothing to suggest that apart from bluster he’d do anything really. I’d be very confident that whatever about how he operates he’s a physical coward and isn’t going to do anything that puts himself in the way of physical harm. I’m sure he’d grumble even not accept it as real but ultimately when it comes to it he won’t risk his backside physically.

Trump felt incensed enough about the loss of the Popular Vote that he put Kris Kobach in charge of that flimsy "voter fraud" investigation; and while it admittedly went nowhere when states politely told the commission to F Off, it still showed the deep insecurities of the man to leverage his executive power for personal satisfaction. Plus, there's enough of a Cult of Personality at this stage that if Trump made enough noise about conspiracy, there might be rioting on the streets; certainly the FBI would do well to keep an eye on certain groupings in the event of Trump publicly rejecting the legitimacy of the result - going double if it's a Sanders victory.

I suspect the reality is that, if Trump did make noises about discrediting the result, GOP leadership might step in and remind him where the skeletons are. But then the Republicans have shown no great precedent to step up and protect the country's institutional reputation when needed, so I'm not entirely convinced this would happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It's not ideal though is it? They shouldn't be simply trying to be less bad than Trump, surely they can find someone to bring the country forward.

And 2016 showed that DNC can indeed split itself. Many Dems didn't like HC and didn't vote for her.

Hopefully they learned their lesson but I wouldn't count on it

Anyone can argue about which medicare programme is best, or whether college should be free. The reality here is that in order to debate those subjects, you need to live in a democracy and so priority number one is beating Trump in 2020.

Thargor wrote: »
    The Democrats are doing themselves no favours right now either, how can 50% of a country like the US produce such useless candidates? I hope Bloomberg gets it just for the entertainment value, Trump probably has it won already.

I commented on your post and it has been removed by the mods, so I shall rephrase.

Please state why the candidates are "useless"? By what metric?

Secondly, do you think politics is just a game? You would prefer that a specific candidate wins so that you will derive entertainment from it? Do you think that is its purpose?

Thirdly, by what metric do you think "Trump" already has it won?

Finally - in my opinion, ANY candidate put forward against Trump should win, and it should be zero contest.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Not a chance he'll leave willingly if he's beaten in November. He's never accepted defeat before, he's not going to start now. He'll blame it on voter fraud or the like but no way he'll just put his hands up and accept he was defeated fairly and squarely.

The cultists will lap it up, still make excuses for him and somehow find a way to defend their daddy.

The key question is not how Trump reacts , it's how everyone else reacts that will matter.

He can have his twitter melt downs etc. but none of that will matter unless the Senate or the judiciary back him up.

What happens if he loses AND the Dems take the Senate? - Are all the losses going to be frauds?

• Advertisement

Out. In. The. Open.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1227561237782855680?s=20

Is there any line between the presidency and the judiciary anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Out. In. The. Open.

No. Collins was right, Trump has definitely learned a lesson from the Impeachment.

Not only will the GOP stand behind him, they don't even wait to hear what he may or may not have done prior to letting him off.

He has total free reign over whatever he wants to do. He has a national broadcaster (Fox) willing to spin on his behalf. And supporters who will accept everything because they think 'they' are winning, when in reality it is just him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Out. In. The. Open.

Out in the open ? That’s being overly kind everlast. It’s like a bad mob film.

I’ll say it again but the Richard Nixon presidential library must be secretly happy because even though Nixon’s image was changing to a more favourable one since he died Trump makes him look like George Washington.

There was an incident where Nixon made comments about a case which he then scrambled to make it clear that was not the case. My point is Richard Nixon went out of his way to make sure there wasn’t even an appearance of him unduly influencing an ongoing trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Out. In. The. Open.

Nice one Don. Bob testified before the Intelligence committee in July. If it was under oath and Don cant prove Bob perjured himself [lied], then I hope Bob takes him to the cleaners in a defamation suit. Don was windy enough to put a "perhaps" into his tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The key question is not how Trump reacts , it's how everyone else reacts that will matter.

He can have his twitter melt downs etc. but none of that will matter unless the Senate or the judiciary back him up.

What happens if he loses AND the Dems take the Senate? - Are all the losses going to be frauds?

I'm not sure if she's still going ahead with her plans but retired Lt Col & Marine Corp pilot Amy McGrath announced in July last that she was going to run against Mitch McConnell for his seat in Kentucky in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

In his latest tweets he is openly congratulating Barr for his corruption, if this happened in an African or Asian country the US in particular would be scoffing at them as a corrupt country.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭FreeThePants

There's a strong likelihood that none of these come to pass, as the US is more likely to have a Putin style election than an a trial one in November. And after the last few weeks, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see whomever the democrat nominee is locked up on fake charges a few weeks before the election date. This is where the US is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

It largely goes unreported but today the senate republicans have blocked bills to report foreign interference in their election and an increase in security in the voting machines.

These guys have no shame

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭FreeThePants

kilns wrote: »
    It largely goes unreported but today the senate republicans have blocked bills to report foreign interference in their election and an increase in security in the voting machines.

These guys have no shame
    They've been doing it for a while now, not only blocking but actively defunding them too.

Perhaps even more worrying is that they did a test run of sorts of this a year or so ago in Georgia, with clear and undeniable election fraud, and yet nothing has been done - https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/11/30/18118264/georgia-election-lawsuit-voter-suppression-abrams-kemp-race

What's more is we also know that republican voters like this. After all their moose of voter fraud worries over the decade previous, they immediately stopped caring on e this came out. They do not want a democracy, and it's clear as day from certain Trump supporters here that if he just flat out cancelled the election and declared himself winner by default, they would be giddy with excitement about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

kilns wrote: »

These guys have no shame

Saw someone tweet about it however just checked CNN and couldn't see anything. All Stone stuff.

The real important stuff been buried in the never ending cycle of Trump [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

aloyisious wrote: »
    If ... Don cant prove Bob perjured himself [lied], then I hope Bob takes him to the cleaners in a defamation suit.
    It doesn't get any clearer than openly stating "Bob Mueller lied to Congress".

If Mueller doesn't take a defamation suit against him after that, I'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trump beats the muller case then straight away tries to blackmail the Ukraine president. Beats the Ukraine and then straight away interferes with a criminal case to get his friend off. Bit of a pattern emerging.,,,,
    I wonder if Stone has dirt on Trump ???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

His usual "supporters" are very quiet today I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

At this stage you have to wonder who has what on all these guys, morals, patriotism, honesty, duty, all notable by their absence. The kowtowing from previous staunch critics is unbelievable.

They must all be terrified of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Trump beats the muller case then straight away tries to blackmail the Ukraine president.

No he did not. Liberal narratives are not evidence. Hence the acquittal.
    then straight away interferes with a criminal case to get his friend off.

Trump interfered with a criminal case? It is illegal from him to do so. You have proof he did this?
    Bit of a pattern emerging.,,,,

There is indeed a bit of pattern emerging, as that is precisely what the consensus on here were doing two years ago, only then it wasn't Stone that apparently had this elusive "dirt", t'was Putin.

No he did not. Liberal narratives are not evidence. Hence the acquittal.

Another flat earther type logic answer. He was acquitted as he blocked all witnesses from attending the senate trial and would not admit new evidence.
    Trump interfered with a criminal case? It is illegal from him to do so. You have proof he did this?

"there is none so blind as he who will not see"
    There is indeed a bit of pattern emerging, as that is precisely what the consensus on here were doing two years ago, only then it wasn't Stone that apparently had this elusive "dirt", t'was Putin.

Where are Trump's bank records?

Why did Trump destroy records of his meetings with Putin?

Why did Trump tell his own aids to get out of the room when talking to Putin?

Why did Trump believe Putin as opposed to his own intelligence agencies?

Any chance you could apply yourself to answering those questions in good faith?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Out. In. The. Open.

I think its important that people look at this tweet and comprehend how disgraceful it is. Mueller should litigate the crap out of him. This stuff cannot become normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I think its important that people look at this tweet and comprehend how disgraceful it is. Mueller should litigate the crap out of him. This stuff cannot become normal.

Why bother? Mueller will not want the hassle of death threats from some and constant abuse from Trump on twitter. And for what? To prove he didn't lie? Say he wins, so what?

First off, Trump and his GOP will ensure he won't get near court for years. Even if it does, Trump will drag it out and then make a settlement,

All reasonable people, and even those in the GOP, know that Trump is lying so from his POV what does he gain? No matter what Trump supporters, such as Pete on here, will never believe anything bad against Trump.

I would wager that for many of them it is water of a ducks back. It creates noise for the base, but it makes no practicable difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trump basically just confirmed a pardon for Stone... and also looking like he will try to lock up Comey... he seems more unhinged then unusual... he just talks in full in conspiracies now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He was acquitted as he blocked all witnesses from attending the senate trial and would not admit new evidence.

No, he was acquitted as there was insufficient evidence to prove that he had done what he was accused of doing. All these people had was a narrative and one which even they knew they hadn't proven, hence their efforts to get Bolton to testify in the hope that maybe he would have evidence that would show that what they alleged was true.

Funny how even though this "new evidence" was not admitted, all the democrats in the Senate still found Trump guilty anyway. So the evidence they had was good enough to prove Trump's guilt to themselves, just not other people I guess. Well, apart from the democrat in the republican seat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement