Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It is really something that we are now supposed to believe the security services, which only recently Trump was claiming the FBI were actively out to get him and that he believed Putin over them.

But now we are supposed to accept that not only are they people Trump trusts, but people we should all trust without any actual evidence.

And it is something that I have personally picked up on recently. Americans have no understanding of how they are viewed in areas like the ME. Many of them seem to have swallowed the line that they are delivering democracy to the world and that their bombs and drone strikes are welcomed by those in the area, well those not killed!

So they have every right to be upset and want retribution for any lost citizens, but any killings they are involved in are simply the costs of democracy. Why can they not see that they way they feel when their soldiers are killed, is the same way that say the Iraqis feel when a drone strike takes out a wedding party.

Who's side are you on? The guys a killer the world's better off without him. Let's say Leo ordered it, would it be ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Who's side are you on? The guys a killer the world's better off without him. Let's say Leo ordered it, would it be ok then.

Sides.... This is hilarious. Come on its not school fella

So you have no actual numbers? You are sending me to an opinion piece?

I'll try again. How many billions did Obama send to Iran and when?

1.3 billion and 25cent, how would I have an exact number. It was over a billion in cash and 100 million odd in aid. Are you disputing he supported the Iranians with any money?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I am the side of legality and truth, because that is what democracy is supposed to be built on.

If Leo ordered it I would expect Leo to have provided evidence at this point, not to leave the reason up to changing stories and some people on the interweb to 'interpret' it based on no actual information of what happened.

Whose side on you on? You prefer that laws can simply be broken because it suits your goals?

I would like the US to be the leader in the world, both in terms of economy and also in values. A nation that can drive human kind forward by using it vast resources and ideas to makes things better. I don't expect the US to feel they are above the law and can simply assignate people because they can't be bothered with diplomacy.

listermint wrote: »
    Sides.... This is hilarious. Come on its not school fella

He seems to be anti this guy been taken out. So he's on the do nothing side. I'm happy he's gone as I believe it's good for Iran and the middle east.

• Advertisement

1.3 billion and 25cent, how would I have an exact number. It was over a billion in cash and 100 million odd in aid. Are you disputing he supported the Iranians with any money?

I would just like to know. You stated it so I assume you have some facts to back it up. The fact that you are know coming back with playground backchat would lead me to think that you read it or heard it somewhere and simply accepted it as the truth without checking for yourself.

He seems to be anti this guy been taken out. So he's on the do nothing side. I'm happy he's gone as I believe it's good for Iran and the middle east.

I'm sorry but you've a juvenile understanding of the middle East.

It's high time the US started acting like the adult in the room. I suppose we shall leave that to the EU where we stop fighting with each other and start participating in the world on which we reside.

Can you imagine the advances in space energy and environmental technologies if we put half the money you are war mongering into young minds.

We can only hope..

He seems? So you are just making stuff up at this point.

It isn't anti to ask questions. Do you accept anything that happens by people you support?

We are back to GWB's line of 'with us or against us' and we all know how that turned out. WMD was a massive lie and there was far too many simply willing to accept the US word at the time. Lesson learned and now we have a clear liar in charge it makes it even more important to question authority.

It is the very essence of a functioning democracy.

I am the side of legality and truth, because that is what democracy is supposed to be built on.

Whose side on you on? You prefer that laws can simply be broken because it suits your goals?

So you believe in democracy and the Democratically elected president. Good.

In relation to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Soleimani, who cares about checks and balances just kill these guys. No permission needed. There lawless men.

So you believe in democracy and the Democratically elected president. Good.

In relation to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Soleimani, who cares about checks and balances just kill these guys. No permission needed. There lawless men.

Fine. Where is the line then? Who gets to decide when law should be followed and when it shouldn't?

You do realise that that is exactly the way they think? But they are terrorists and you are what exactly?

• Advertisement

He seems? So you are just making stuff up at this point.
    It isn't anti to ask questions. Do you accept anything that happens by people you support?

You seem upset that Soleimani was taken out, maybe your happy, it's not coming across like that. Or is it he didn't get due process and a fair trail you take issue with. He's not the type of guy you can arrest.

No harm in asking questions. I'm not sure who I support. I support trump in this move regardless of motive it's a good thing.

You seem upset that Soleimani was taken out, maybe your happy, it's not coming across like that. Or is it he didn't get due process and a fair trail you take issue with. He's not the type of guy you can arrest.

No harm in asking questions. I'm not sure who I support. I support trump in this move regardless of motive it's a good thing.

I'd imagine you'd support trump in any move frankly.

It wouldn't matter what it was. That much is evident

Fine. Where is the line then? Who gets to decide when law should be followed and when it shouldn't?

You do realise that that is exactly the way they think? But they are terrorists and you are what exactly?

The line is killing, your open to retribution from that moment on. The law isn't fit for purpose in a lot of ways, especially when it comes to justice. There was no way to take this man to task.

So there Terrorists and as we in the west want them dead were Terrorists too, I don't agree with that logic, Trump, Leo, Justin, Angela, Putin, Boris are not killing their own people.

I only seem upset that he was taken out because you are not reading what I am saying. Nearly ever person that speaks on this topic, make it clear that him being dead is not something to be sad about.

How can you support Trump on this when it is clear he had no basis for what he did? It had nothing to do with what he did on the past. Why? Because didn't claim it was. It was about future threats. But they do not appear to exist, so the story has changed to him being evil. And you seem to accept that without question despite him being caught in another lie. And this can only be based on security services that Trump and the right wing media has spent the last 3 years telling us is out to get him and actively working against the will of the US people.

Do you have an answer to where the new line will drawn. According to you, POTUS is free to make whatever rules he wants, when he wants.

I'd imagine you'd support trump in any move frankly.

It wouldn't matter what it was. That much is evident

Not necessarily, I just couldn't support anyone on the left, same as I couldn't the last time. At least American is lucky to have two polar opposites.
    As for here I don't know what way to vote, FG probably as I'm not homeless and don't need a hospital bed. I feel a bit guilty though as feel like a FF supporter back in the tiger days, I know I'm doing wrong but the other side is an unknown and doesn't look any different.

The line is killing, your open to retribution from that moment on. The law isn't fit for purpose in a lot of ways, especially when it comes to justice. There was no way to take this man to task.

So on that logic, Trump is a legitimate target for Iran? You would be perfectly understanding if that happened?

And killing who? Why did Trump not kill MLB after the murder of the journalist. Why no KJU after the death of Otto?
    So there Terrorists and as we in the west want them dead were Terrorists too, I don't agree with that logic, Trump, Leo, Justin, Angela, Putin, Boris are not killing their own people.

No I never said they were. I simply said that that as we think of them as terrorists, they think of the likes of the US as terrorists.

I note as well that you have given up to try give any facts about the billions that Obama gave to Iran.

I only seem upset that he was taken out because you are not reading what I am saying. Nearly ever person that speaks on this topic, make it clear that him being dead is not something to be sad about.

How can you support Trump on this when it is clear he had no basis for what he did?

So your happy he's gone because he was a killer but your not happy as there was no basis for killing him.

So your happy he's gone because he was a killer but your not happy as there was no basis for killing him.

I would like to see at least the basis for evidence, hell even a consistent story would be a start. There was no legal basis for killing him. There was plenty of reason to what him dead, from what I can gather, but I am lucky that I live in a country that respects the rule of law (or at least pretends to).

You seem more than happy to forego that to feel safer, and I am merely asking at what point does it stop.

I also do not believe an adminstration that has lied multiple times and told us all not to believe the US security services.

Not necessarily, I just couldn't support anyone on the left, same as I couldn't the last time. At least American is lucky to have two polar opposites.
    As for here I don't know what way to vote, FG probably as I'm not homeless and don't need a hospital bed. I feel a bit guilty though as feel like a FF supporter back in the tiger days, I know I'm doing wrong but the other side is an unknown and doesn't look any different.

Is this a spoof ?

You don't have a vote in America your Irish. What vote are you talking about. There is no left in America. Zero none zilch.

Folks support trump not because of policy because it's grand for Winding people up on the internet and they feel much more comfortable in the other opposing category. Doesn't matter what the category is.

So on that logic, Trump is a legitimate target for Iran? You would be perfectly understanding if that happened?

And killing who? Why did Trump not kill MLB after the murder of the journalist. Why no KJU after the death of Otto?

No I never said they were. I simply said that that as we think of them as terrorists, they think of the likes of the US as terrorists.

I note as well that you have given up to try give any facts about the billions that Obama gave to Iran.

He's a Target for a lot of people all US presidents are, I wouldn't like if it happened, I'd like to see him continue as president and maybe Don Jnr when he retires.

I don't know why he didn't wipe out the other guys, there all tricky situation that could result in a lot of deaths, I'd be hoping Korea would be United peacefully in my time.

As for the money, neither of us were there, I'll believe my sources and you can believe yours. I believe he supported the Iranium regieme.

• Advertisement

Is this a spoof ?

You don't have a vote in America your Irish. What vote are you talking about. There is no left in America. Zero none zilch.

Folks support trump not because of policy because it's grand for Winding people up on the internet and they feel much more comfortable in the other opposing category. Doesn't matter what the category is.

I mean the Democrats when I say the left. Trump would get my vote as he's a businessman rather than a career politician and I think he's doing a good job, the word just feels safer with him at the helm.

I mean the Democrats when I say the left. Trump would get my vote as he's a businessman rather than a career politician and I think he's doing a good job, the word just feels safer with him at the helm.

You can spin it as much a you like but when you said in your last post Don Jr for president I know what your on about.

I'm out. Waste of time.

Wind up merchant enjoy the Saturday drinks.

He's a Target for a lot of people all US presidents are, I wouldn't like if it happened, I'd like to see him continue as president and maybe Don Jnr when he retires.

I don't know why he didn't wipe out the other guys, there all tricky situation that could result in a lot of deaths, I'd be hoping Korea would be United peacefully in my time.

As for the money, neither of us were there, I'll believe my sources and you can believe yours. I believe he supported the Iranium regieme.

You lef tout the word legitimate. Do you believe that if Iran took Trump out you would be acting the same way as you are now?

I know you are messing about Don Jr, as nobody in any seriousness can make that remark at this time. Not that he couldn't be great, but we simply have nothing, apart from his name of course. So I am going to give you the benefit that you are joking.

But you know why he killed Soleimani, and that Obama paid billions to Iran. Yet you simply shrug your shoulders when asked why about others. Even you can see that there is no consistency in his reason, so why do you accept it without question.

Money? I don't have any sources and all I am asking if that you provide yours. Are they whilsteblowers or something that you can't divulge? Why make a statement like that and then refuse to provide any backup?

It almost as if you don't have any.

You can spin it as much a you like but when you said in your last post Don Jr for president I know what your on about.

There's talks of which one will take over. I'd prefer him over Ivanka. There's a real possibility of a dynasty. It's all a media circus and the Trump's are playing a blinder, they know this business.

You lef tout the word legitimate. Do you believe that if Iran took Trump out you would be acting the same way as you are now?

I know you are messing about Don Jr, as nobody in any seriousness can make that remark at this time. Not that he couldn't be great, but we simply have nothing, apart from his name of course. So I am going to give you the benefit that you are joking.

But you know why he killed Soleimani, and that Obama paid billions to Iran. Yet you simply shrug your shoulders when asked why about others. Even you can see that there is no consistency in his reason, so why do you accept it without question.

Money? I don't have any sources and all I am asking if that you provide yours. Are they whilsteblowers or something that you can't divulge? Why make a statement like that and then refuse to provide any backup?

It almost as if you don't have any.

It was in the paper the other day about how their already squaring up (Don and Ivanka). Ivanka is probably the more steady hand though, Don is wind up merchant, wouldn't mind a few beers with him. This should give you a giggle https://www.surveymonkey.com/curiosity/axiossurveymonkey-2024-presidential-vote-poll-gop/

I don't care who killed him, could be you for all I care, you'd have my backing.

As for the money, what are you looking for, transfer receipts, I don't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

volchitsa wrote: »
    You realise they were doing this already and Soleimani's murder initially united them?

They are doing so now in a much different context given that the regime is weakened, something which they can hopefully exploit.

The people of Iran have never had the level of support they have tonight (and hopefully will continue to have).

And that's thanks to Pres. Donald Trump ...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216130169477439488
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216114167108849665

In contrast the left have tried to make a victim of Soleimani. It's disgusting, but not in the least surprising. Always been clear where their allegiances have been.

https://www.hudson.org/research/11436-obama-strikes-a-deal-with-qassem-suleimani
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/obama-administration-stopped-israel-from-assassinating-soleimani-in-2015-report-says/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭eire4

In terms of the history of US-Iran relations, Iran has been the more sinned against party, and it isn't remotely close, it's pretty much all one way.

There is absolute no question about that. From the corruption of their puppet government under the Shah to arming Iraq against them in that way etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

Trump doesn't give two hoots about the Iranians. Trump doesn't give two hoots about anyone but himself( and perhaps his family). This has always been the case throughout his life. He is completely unfit to serve any public service role. This is a man that now isn't allowed run a charity in the state of new York.

Nobody wants to be like Donald Trump In terms of personality. Now one would want to raise their children to be like him. It's cringeworthy to hear him speak on any topic. It's scary to see Ignorance he portrays daily.

A few days ago he was threatening to blow up fifty plus Iranian heritage spots(a war crime by the way Pete).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭eire4

I would just like to know. You stated it so I assume you have some facts to back it up. The fact that you are know coming back with playground backchat would lead me to think that you read it or heard it somewhere and simply accepted it as the truth without checking for yourself.

I don't know the exact numbers but my understanding is that Iran did get a large sum of money as part of the nuclear deal. However it was simply a case of the US unfreezing money that was Iranian money to begin with that the US had frozen as part of US economic sanctions against Iran. So it was simply a case of giving Iran back what was their's to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The money had been frozen for years and years and apparently, I think John Kerry said this, they were going to get it back anyway through some court case...more I think he may have said, the bottom line is the Iran nuclear deal wasn't perfect, because no deal is, but it was infinitely better than no deal and what we have today.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement