Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mick Mulvaney is out as Chief of Staff.

Here's his replacement...

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/status/1100881913756176386?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

everlast75 wrote: »

So, good ole boy Mark Meadows finally joins the ranks of "the very best people" to be hired by the Genius President... the 4th COS in as many years, with each one hired as "the best" before being fired as "the worst".. They dont really seem to retain Presidential confidence once hired into the role! I wonder why?

Scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    So, good ole boy Mark Meadows finally joins the ranks of "the very best people" to be hired by the Genius President... the 4th COS in as many years, with each one hired as "the best" before being fired as "the worst".. They dont really seem to retain Presidential confidence once hired into the role! I wonder why?

Scary!

There's always a tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/156829591267328000?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1236069667657089030?s=19

I genuinely have no clue how this guy can be viewed as anything other than a delusional clown. I know we are not to call people names and i get that, but on what planet does this pass for credible? He's not even "good" at bull****ing. It's embarrassingly bad

As he says "they should be given tremendous credit" he actually points both his thumbs at himself! A total embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donald Trump again there not supporting actual racists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

You know Trump is bad when Dubya can now portray himself as a good ol' boy who likes to paint pretty pictures and be best friends with Michelle Obama, with little to no comeback.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When it comes to Trump, to paraphrase a Simpsons quote, he might not be racist, but he's sure loved by racists.

It had been a while since the rotating door at the White House had a spin, forgot Trump was incapable of maintaining staff. And Mulvaney was a hold out, says a lot when even the remaining sycophants leave. Man, seems like aeons ago that the likes of Ryan, Tillerson and Preibus were part of the administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I wonder when Mulvaney's book is out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

briany wrote: »
    You know Trump is bad when Dubya can now portray himself as a good ol' boy who likes to paint pretty pictures and be best friends with Michelle Obama, with little to no comeback.

Sure the George W bush and Nixon presidential libraries must be loving the trump presidency because it's makes both of them look really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wonder when Mulvaney's book is out

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about the fact that this now means that Trump has a permanent presence interfering in Northern Ireland...

As if N.I. didn't have enough problems!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about the fact that this now means that Trump has a permanent presence interfering in Northern Ireland...

As if N.I. didn't have enough problems!!!
    I’m sure that the Unionists will be delighted to see a Catholic called Mick get the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

the 4th COS in as many years, with each one ...
    ... being more racist than the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump will be fine if Democrats are this dumb.

https://twitter.com/SamanthaQuek/status/1236045210045513733

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So how does that work when there's supposed to be a separation of Govt powers between the executive, congress and judiciary? He now has a person in his employ who's a sitting member of the House that has the duty to watch over him and rein him in when he goes outside the legitimate bounds of his job entitlement.

Edit: online check: Article 1, Section 6, Clause 2 of the US constitution. No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created.

Mark is not going for re-election according to his statement in the link below, though I'm not sure when the actual retirement from congress will take effect date-wise. Mark might yet be sitting in two houses of Govt at the same time. The statement is from Dec 2019.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/breaking-rep-mark-meadows-is-leaving-congress-will-take-on-new-role-helping-president-trump/

Trump will be fine if Democrats are this dumb.

https://twitter.com/SamanthaQuek/status/1236045210045513733

Want me to list all the times Trump got his numbers wrong?

It'll take a while...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It'll take a while...

At this stage, can we just accept that Trump exists outside the influence of the traditional black hole of political mistakes? That not every publicised foible of the Democrats is a tacit support of Trump's own? We know he has committed enough sins to have sunk 10 careers, yet here we are. If anything, the Democrats should know they need to be smarter and will be held to a higher level. Their continued self destruction during the Primaries shows a critical lack of self judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

It'll take a while...

Does it matter?

What do ye think Trump will do if one of his cabinet get Covid19.

He is so desperate to show that it's nothing to worry about i wouldn't be surprised if he sacked someone rather than it be known that he was ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He is so desperate to show that it's nothing to worry about i wouldn't be surprised if he sacked someone rather than it be known that he was ill.

He would probably claim that the person was a dem plant who was hired by the Clinton's and is secretly being paid by Bloomberg, all to make Trump look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Glad to see you're hoping one of his cabinet contracts a virus. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e63ca67c5b68d6164551e41

The content of this article, much of which has been discussed on these pages, is pretty despicable. However, this is especially abhorrent.
    “As of the time I left the plane with you we had 240 cases, that’s at least what was on a very fine network known as Fox News, don’t you love it?” he said to a Fox News reporter during his meeting with CDC officials. “That’s what I happened to be watching, and how was the show last night? Did it get good ratings by the way?”

“I don’t know,” the reporter responded.

“Oh, really, I heard it broke all ratings records, but maybe that’s wrong,” Trump said.

Lives are on the line. Americans are getting sick and some are dying. And the president continues to show that he just doesn’t really care.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He didn't say that. Do not misrepresent posters here please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Post deleted. No more insults or one-liners please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So that's quite the extrapolation and downright lying tbh.

Edit: apologies mods, didn't see the note till posted, delete as necessary

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Watching Dr Tony Fauci on Meet The Press recorded interview advising elderly [over 60's ] to avoid cruises and close meetings. I guess that advice will have an effect on any plans Don and others would fancy for "pressing the flesh" meet and greet occasions, without being given the option of reviewing the situation. Paddy's Day greeting Leo in the Oval Office will be a presentation of facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

aloyisious wrote: »
    Watching Dr Tony Fauci on Meet The Press recorded interview advising elderly [over 60's ] to avoid cruises and close meetings. I guess that advice will have an effect on any plans Don and others would fancy for "pressing the flesh" meet and greet occasions, without being given the option of reviewing the situation. Paddy's Day greeting Leo in the Oval Office will be a presentation of facts.

You look at congress, senate and the contenders for President and both sides big hitters are really really old. I hope nobody no matter their side contracts it, but I do fear someone in congress will.:(

I do wonder also when it comes to rallies of Biden and Trump will they continue as normal, hand shaking, huge groups many elderly, even if I was a supporter of either and was paid to go,,,I'd be very reluctant.

Each and every day this administration slips closer and closer towards a North Korea level of propaganda and obsequiousness....

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1236669894747398144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Each and every day this administration slips closer and closer towards a North Korea level of propaganda and obsequiousness....

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1236669894747398144?s=19

I’ve said this before but this is the stuff that really gets me, he’s an old man there would be absolutely nothing wrong with not being a healthy young buck. Its delusional to think that people believe he’s as healthy as claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    You look at congress, senate and the contenders for President and both sides big hitters are really really old. I hope nobody no matter their side contracts it, but I do fear someone in congress will.:(

I do wonder also when it comes to rallies of Biden and Trump will they continue as normal, hand shaking, huge groups many elderly, even if I was a supporter of either and was paid to go,,,I'd be very reluctant.

Well hopefully it doesn’t come to that RjD. I mean hopefully the US get a handle on it politics be damned.

• Advertisement

I honestly have no confidence in this current America. Departments seem underfunded, gutted or just poorly led, with the man at the top, the guy who should be directing the mood of the nation, a deeply unintelligent man contradicting both his own administrations pronouncements as well as the WHOs.

At a presser, Mike Pence wouldn't / couldn't even confirm if the uninsured could get free screenings, for whatever it's worth (I believe some cities and local authorities have themselves said uninsured folks can be checked). The combination of lower education standards and a lobsided health system feels like a poor combination. I don't wish problems upon the country but I'd maintain no faith.

I'm supposed to be heading out there in April for a business trip so I'm watching things carefully enough. May pull the ripcord if it goes ahead rather than take a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement