Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Also goes to prove nobody told trump this virus would hit his main demographic hardest. He’s not known for listening to anyone especially experts though is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Trump blaming the Obama era for the state's failings on the Coronavirus on Twitter. Some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,604 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Runaways wrote: »
    I’m not 100% but the guy Seth has been all over him and has a book covering the whole mueller thing as far as I know?

He has.

But he is also known for hyperbole.

I think the original source is NPR but as I said, if another course confirms it, there should be the most severe of consequences

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1237956243895042050?s=19

Hot on the heels of Jared solving the middle east crisis, he is now solving the Covid issue.

Hopefully, he's read more than 25 books on pandemics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Trump blaming the Obama era for the state's failings on the Coronavirus on Twitter. Some man.

The window to blame Obama for anything closed long ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »

Hot on the heels of Jared solving the middle east crisis, he is now solving the Covid issue.

New series of Dirty Money on Netflix has a whole episode on the business practices of Jared Kushner, worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I’m not 100% but the guy Seth has been all over him and has a book covering the whole mueller thing as far as I know?

He has, but as everlast says, he's not the most reliable. He over states things and finds connections that aren't really there. He's best ignored in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I’m not even remotely shocked to read this.
    There are no depths the man won’t sink to

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1238216578161926145?s=21

I sort of assumed that this was commonly understood to be the case. The fact that they were doing so few tests was always going to keep the positive detections low. I'm only surprised that this appears to be a "new" revelation.

Nody wrote: »
    Why? It's all fake news anyway; keep having them I say and show the world who you trust; Trump or the experts and let the Darwin awards flow.

Few choice parts for reference (and it is well worth a read):
    Well it's company wellfare so that's ok then.
    Were are our normal Trump fan boys proclaiming how the DOW keeps going up? What will be the word once it goes negative on Trumps watch?
    Yea; this will not cause any problems what so ever to not test people for the virus...

Off in another thread defending Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, AKA Tommy Robinson and a few other aliases. Some people just have a habit of defending known be artists I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nody wrote: »
    Why? It's all fake news anyway; keep having them I say and show the world who you trust; Trump or the experts and let the Darwin awards flow.

Few choice parts for reference (and it is well worth a read):
    Well it's company wellfare so that's ok then.
    Were are our normal Trump fan boys proclaiming how the DOW keeps going up? What will be the word once it goes negative on Trumps watch?
    Yea; this will not cause any problems what so ever to not test people for the virus...

It will never, ever be Trump's fault to them. His slow response, his lies about the impact, the deaths that will be caused by his inaction... It will never be Trump's fault. Not in the eyes of Trump, his followers or the non-'liberal media'.

It will be the Dems fault for not allowing Trump to fully close borders (even though that wouldn't have helped)
    It'll be the liberal media's fault for scaremongering (aka telling the truth)
    It will be Obama/Biden's fault for any change they made to the CDC (even though the changes Trump made to it were worse, more recent and he had the power to overturn any changes Obama/Biden made well before now if the changes were that bad)

Nothing will ever be Trump's fault to most of them, and even when some of his supporters' family members die because of his inaction and lies, they still won't think it's his fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

He has, but as everlast says, he's not the most reliable. He over states things and finds connections that aren't really there. He's best ignored in my opinion.

Seth Abraham? Can you cite something from his book that was so inaccurate that you believe he should be "ignored"? I have "Proof of Conspiracy" and it's an expansive study of corruption that goes well beyond Trump and can be used to paint a number of scenarios, but I dont doubt the veracity of any of it. Trump is a lying, corrupt amoral buffoon, and these books present a boatload of evidence to support that view.

His views should be read as part of a balanced news diet, no more, no less.

never fear folks - it appears Jared has things completely in hand... :confused:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1238454333370445826?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭amandstu

never fear folks - it appears Jared has things completely in hand... :confused:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1238454333370445826?s=20
    I hope there are no "never Trumpers" in that Facebook group.

Or maybe he is just going there for the purposes of confirmation bias.

Reminds me of when I worked on the motorway as part of a phantom workforce.

We were told just to keep moving and talk to no one since the foreman was getting a cut of our wages although there was no work for us to do.

We spent our time in the nearby pub joking to ourselves that we were physically unable to spend our money faster than we earned it.

They would have fitted right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I’m not even remotely shocked to read this.
    There are no depths the man won’t sink to

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1238216578161926145?s=21

I truly hope that this is not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

He's apparently doing another press conference in a few hours.

If he wasn't such a narcissist he would have realised that every time he opens his mouth he makes it worse on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He's apparently doing another press conference in a few hours.

If he wasn't such a narcissist he would have realised that every time he opens his mouth he makes it worse on himself.

I imagine what happens is someone tells him what’s being said after a presser and that the message wasn’t clear and he decides to do another and can’t be dissuaded.

Saw a link on Twitter that Trump and Miller apparently made last-minute changes to the previous speech, which is what caused confusion about some things. And they also removed the part of the speech where Trump was supposed to say he and Melania send their love and prayers to those affected.

While it certainly wouldn't surprise me if true, the link was to Bloomberg news so not sure how well it can be trusted given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Penn wrote: »
    And they also removed the part of the speech where Trump was supposed to say he and Melania send their love and prayers to those affected.
    The old "thoughts and prayers" are a very versatile substitute for inaction - from mass shootings to global pandemics, "thoughts and prayers" takes care of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Saw a link on Twitter that Trump and Miller apparently made last-minute changes to the previous speech, which is what caused confusion about some things. And they also removed the part of the speech where Trump was supposed to say he and Melania send their love and prayers to those affected.

While it certainly wouldn't surprise me if true, the link was to Bloomberg news so not sure how well it can be trusted given the circumstances.

I'm sure a last minute change could have an impact but that seems a bit like an excuse as Trump regularly gets confused and messes up prepared remarks.

Rather than pausing to get it right or correcting himself he just tries to power through hoping no one will notice his mistake. It is very similar to his overall approach to the presidency and his life before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Big Don to declare a national emergency later

An actual one this time

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'm sure a last minute change could have an impact but that seems a bit like an excuse as Trump regularly gets confused and messes up prepared remarks.

Rather than pausing to get it right or correcting himself he just tries to power through hoping no one will notice his mistake. It is very similar to his overall approach to the presidency and his life before it.

The link said that two of Trump's mistakes were due to changes by Miller/Trump, but then Trump himself caused a third mistake by misspeaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The link said that two of Trump's mistakes were due to changes by Miller/Trump, but then Trump himself caused a third mistake by misspeaking.

Hold on, are we supposed to believe that Trump did not have sight of these changes before he started he's speech? That he was prepared and practiced to say one thing, but the autocue had something different?

Because 'last minute' makes it sounds like all in a rush. Which of course begs the question why Trump planned a nationwide, public information speech, only the 2nd he has done, without first knowing what the actual plan was?

That or he was tricked into saying something he never agreed to by sly tricks by the likes of Miller. Which is not a great look that POTUS basically has no control.

It's pathetic. He is the POTUS, he is the best ever according to him. The blame lies squarely on him, regardless of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Billy Mays wrote: »

An actual one this time

It's 3.5 years too late.

Billy Mays wrote: »

An actual one this time

For a virus he said was a hoax

Then said it was created by the dems (panDEMic)

Then he said it wasn’t that bad and would just go away.

Then Said he was an expert in an had a natural ability for.

Now declaring a national emergency for.

At what point does his base wake up from this relentless BS and realise?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

His outright lies about the testing will be really bad long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

A fair few of his base won't wake up - having succumbed to the hoax/dem/not bad virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

It's really depressing when a football manager (Jurgen Klopp in this case), who probably left school at 14, would, I can with full confidence state, do a better job than Trump.

That statement above is exactly the kind of thing he could be saying (maybe with a little less self-deprecation, because people actually do expect a president to have some notion of what he's on about). But that's because Klopp is ultimately a normal functioning human, and actually saying the right things should be a bare minimum, and something even a massive dummy is capable of doing without totally making a balls of it, but apparently reading a teleprompter or hiring speech writers who aren't complete morons is too much to expect of the president of a country with a GDP of $20T.

Anyone know if this is true? Hopefully it is

https://twitter.com/carltonfwlarson/status/1238506586156351488?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Poldsgold

Gbear wrote: »
    It's really depressing when a football manager (Jurgen Klopp in this case), who probably left school at 14, would, I can with full confidence state, do a better job than Trump.
    He could have done a better job at 14 than Trump has, over this crisis.

That is not a joke either - your average 14 year old, without disability or mental health issues, would be able to do a better job on this than Trump.

It is quite arguable that literally having nobody in charge would have been better over the last few months - absolutely nothing would get done federally, but the public also wouldn't be getting lied to about it being a hoax, or claiming that it will be covered in their healthcare, and they wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t either:

Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid to respond to coronavirus crisis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Poldsgold

Oh I think we've gone from a 20% to about a 60-70% chance that Trump attempts to cancel the elections if the crisis deepens over the summer (and in the US, it is going to get pretty horrific over the next few months due to lack of testing and healthcare availability).

But, and this is a big but, they will absolutely make sure that the above situation (if correct) is not the case prior to any announcement, by forcing it through the courts that Trump remains in office. If this occurs, do not expect to see any future date on elections given in 2021.

If they are unable to do this, you can expect some extremely violent outbreaks across the US and even more open calls for terrorism and ignoring the rule of law from the Republican party (which they have already done on multiple occasions over the Trump presidency, the cover his incompetence gives them is absolutely invaluable).

The above scenario will also be the case if coronavirus is somehow completely wrapped up and gone by the summer, but the stock market remains through the floor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement