Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    If the poll correlation is right, then those who don't take it seriously are more in the GOP camp rather than the Dem camp, then it will have a knock-on effect when it comes to voting time. I'd imagine that the GOP survivors will also have cause to remember who fed them the line that it'll be all right on the night. If they don't, then they'll have been suckered twice by the same gent and party.

No, all evidence suggests they will simply blame DNC, MSM, Pelosi or some other nerdowell, lefty for getting in the way and asking too many questions thus not allowing Trump to get on with the job.

And of course Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Apparently Mar a Largo is now a hotbed of infection.

Good few people close to trump have tested positive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Leroy42 wrote: »
    No, all evidence suggests they will simply blame DNC, MSM, Pelosi or some other nerdowell, lefty for getting in the way and asking too many questions thus not allowing Trump to get on with the job.

And of course Obama.

Plus the one that he wanted locked up since 2016.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good few people close to trump have tested positive

Source on this? That's a pretty big ticket item; last I'd heard the hotbed for Corona in the US was NY & Washington State

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

pixelburp wrote: »
    Source on this? That's a pretty big ticket item; last I'd heard the hotbed for Corona in the US was NY & Washington State

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-mar-a-lago.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

peddlelies wrote: »
    He has no self awareness, I remember a Fox poll from last year only 17% of people said his tweeting was helpful. Serious issues he ends with exclamation points and they just come across insincere.

It's not the tweeting that's the problem, it's the content of the tweets. If he had stuck to just tweeting important info with a tweet writer his polling would be much better.

"Few voters approve of President Trump’s tweeting, and most agree it’s making his job harder.

Seventy-one percent say the president’s tweets are hurting his agenda, according to the latest Fox News Poll. Just 17 percent see the tweets as helpful."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/eastwood-backs-bloomberg-criticizes-trumps-tweets/2298397/

I thought the above from Clint Eastwood is exactly what you mean.

Clint a solid Republican and has spoken positively about Trump said he would vote Bloomberg last month as his twitter and name calling goes to far.

It's a huge issue for Trump v Biden, the boomers like Clint who are fed up with his tweeting will have no issue voting for Joe. You can't scream "commie " at Joe and he simply is not loathed like Clinton was by many Republicans.

I know Trump likes to distract his base with culture war ****e when worse is going on, but at the moment its not going to work as everyone is terrified ,,so he probably should ease up on twitter or let someone else do his tweets.

Better for everyone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My God he is just so repulsive its actually amazing, like literally no redeeming qualities whatsoever, he manages to be more disgusting than psychopaths like Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who has told Fox News viewers that Democrats are using the #coronavirus to "scare" the American people, is in quarantine, awaiting her test results for #COVID19

He has no self awareness, I remember a Fox poll from last year only 17% of people said his tweeting was helpful. Serious issues he ends with exclamation points and they just come across insincere.

It's not the tweeting that's the problem, it's the content of the tweets. If he had stuck to just tweeting important info with a tweet writer his polling would be much better.

"Few voters approve of President Trump’s tweeting, and most agree it’s making his job harder.

Seventy-one percent say the president’s tweets are hurting his agenda, according to the latest Fox News Poll. Just 17 percent see the tweets as helpful."

Don was approached at his 2nd last rally by a supporter who took him to task about the language and way he was talking at the rallies. Don was reported to be taken aback by what the supporter said to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

White house says Trump has tested negative for corona. Apparently his results were the best ever recorded, tremendous, believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

White house says Trump has tested negative for corona. Apparently his results were the best ever recorded, tremendous, believe me.

At this point, it is statistically highly unlikely that no-one on the WH team has become infected. The regimen of checking everyone for fever before today's presser says that they are actively checking for people who may have become symptomatic, by measurement of temperature.

The problem with that however, is that some experts are now concluding that the virus can be spread for some time after infection but before showing any symptoms. It seems that infected people can 'shed' virus even if they don't develop any symptoms at all.

Trump had a negative test result today. I'd imagine he will be tested every day, now that he has agreed to the first test being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    At this point, it is statistically highly unlikely that no-one on the WH team has become infected. The regimen of checking everyone for fever before today's presser says that they are actively checking for people who may have become symptomatic, by measurement of temperature.

The problem with that however, is that some experts are now concluding that the virus can be spread for some time after infection but before showing any symptoms. It seems that infected people can 'shed' virus even if they don't develop any symptoms at all.

Trump had a negative test result today. I'd imagine he will be tested every day, now that he has agreed to the first test being done.

If he took it and this isn't just more propaganda

Due to Don Trumps continual lying and fake statements, I no longer have any faith in anything he says and will want to see - Doubting Thomas fashion - Dr Anthony Fauci drawing blood and/or taking swabs samples from Don for testing, and see him declare that the tests are negative for signs of the virus. I have the same attitude to statements from others in the House who base theirs on what Don has told them.

Hopefully the regime you have in mind would be followed by him, even if only by daily nasal and mouth swabs and body temperature testing. If he had taken a simple swab-test on camera before even a Fox News crew and had it shown on TV, it would have shown to some degree that he is a leader and aware of the national crisis the US public is facing into. He took the road of denial and delay instead before bowing to the inevitable common sense action.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The Sunday papers and magazines are very downbeat in the US this morning as a result of the Coronavirus management by the Administration. Here's yet another well-presented analysis of what is going so badly wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/608023/

For any American who truly loves his country, this analysis must surely be very depressing indeed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thing is, many Americans know that their concept of Exceptionalism and Primacy in the world has been non existent for decades. Sure doesn't Trump's own slogan tip the hat towards that unspoken realisation? "Make America Great AGAIN": maybe there's more internalised meanings beyond ideas of lagging behind the rest of the developed world, but like Brexit you can sense a nostalgic yearning for those days of Primacy; be they the 1950s in the US, or days of Empire and Churchill for the UK. Either way, they know their country is suddenly far back in the queue, with many others frustrated how to actually catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What a man!!!

m1i2vcR.png

Trump repeatedly dismissed angst over the shuttering of the pandemic department with the glib assertion they could always be hired back. That any gaps in structures could be solved by fast hires.

With his administration reduced to toadies and sycophants (the Atlantic article suggesting his Health tsar delayed decisions for fear of annoying Trump), I fear for ordinary Americans now trapped in this infrastructural clusterf"*ck. They'll pay the price. Trump will die a rich, comfortable man and it honestly sickens me a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The Sunday papers and magazines are very downbeat in the US this morning as a result of the Coronavirus management by the Administration. Here's yet another well-presented analysis of what is going so badly wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/608023/

For any American who truly loves his country, this analysis must surely be very depressing indeed?

Just as an aside, that article stands as a second source to support Seth Abraham's tweet (about an NPR report) that Azar deliberately refused to increase testing as it would likely push the numbers up, contrary to Trump preference to keep them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That's been the case since long before the Coronavirus, to be fair!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

2 posts deleted. Serious contributions only please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So during this pandemic, i check to see what is on trump's mind.

Going after Schumer for his stupid comments and talking about pardoning Flynn.

Edit - and Hillary Clinton. JFC

Self isolation should involve someone removing his mobile......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭eire4

Billy Mays wrote: »
    What a man!!!

m1i2vcR.png

I just read an article on that at business insider that is sickening just sickening. We al and by that I mean all countries should all be helping and working with each other to develop a vaccine and share any other data and information that might help contain and mitigate the effects of this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tonight's press conf tells us the same as last night's one. They're rolling out a test.
    A country that should be going into shutdown. It will be a calamity.

everlast75 wrote: »
    So during this pandemic, i check to see what is on trump's mind.

Going after Schumer for his stupid comments and talking about pardoning Flynn.

Edit - and Hillary Clinton. JFC

Self isolation should involve someone removing his mobile......

He's pushing out BS tweets to distract:

1) his cult members from wondering about how their Granny down the road has become so ill from something that is a Hoax created by the Dems, and
    2) by getting everyone else to engage on his inane bull****tery so that they will take the focus off the appalling, incompetent, life-wasting way his Administration is dealing with Covid-19

Classic 'Look! Over There!' manipulation! Don't fall for it!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trump repeatedly dismissed angst over the shuttering of the pandemic department with the glib assertion they could always be hired back. That any gaps in structures could be solved by fast hires.

The mindset of a hotel manager who can employ cheap labour to hoover the floors and put fresh sheets & towels in rooms, no experience necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

From the Guardian live blog:

Trump repeats that he does not want Americans to hoard or panic-buy food supplies – they can afford to relax and have a nice dinner, he says.

As if anyone in their right mind can be able to relax while he is the person in charge of the debacle that is the US response to this crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Toeuptony wrote: »
    From the Guardian live blog:

Trump repeats that he does not want Americans to hoard or panic-buy food supplies – they can afford to relax and have a nice dinner, he says.

As if anyone in their right mind can be able to relax while he is the person in charge of the debacle that is the US response to this crisis.

Each state makes most of their own decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Imagine, just for one moment, that this stuff was the response of a Democrat president.

I actually think it would be the end of the United States. There would literally be widespread armed insurrection across the south and central belt, everyone from moderate gun clubbers to the Michigan Militia would besiege federal buildings and Republican governors would deploy their State's National Guard units to seal the borders from Washington interference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

Meanwhile on planet Nunes:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/devin-nunes-coronavirus-local-pub_n_5e6e5168c5b6bd8156f962de

Let’s not hurt the working people in this country that are relying on wages and tips to keep their small business going. Just don’t run to the grocery store and buy $4,000 of food. Go to your local pub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement