Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut card use in the US

Options
  • 07-01-2020 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Is there any particular benefit in transferring funds to a revolut card for use in the US as opposed to just using your normal visa debit or credit cards?

Friends suggested better exchange rates and that you may incur less transaction charges.

Thanks for any guidance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Those are the benefits, better exchange rates and no transactional fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Worked perfect everywhere i used it in New York - just make sure you have your location on and the settings as to how to use the card (i.e. swipe, pin) set up correctly and you'll have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Just FYI, if you are using an ATM, some banks in the US will hit you with a "non network charge" regardless of whether you use Revolut or not, its on average 2 dollars. Some banks dont hit you with this charge (Citi and Santander if i remember) but the likes of Chase\ Wells Fargo etc do. It will warn you about the charge before you withdraw money, so if you get the message at that ATM, take your card out and try another bank. Unfortunately, cash is still king in the states (tips) so you will probably want to carry some dollars on you

more info here

https://www.gobankingrates.com/banking/banks/atm-fees-list/

Advertisement