Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I live locally & trying to figure out exactly where it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

"Pensioner in a critical condition after collision with a cyclist in Tipperary"

"Garda hit and dragged by car while on patrol"

**** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I came upon what was presumably this accident last night travelling along the Clonmel bypass. The ambulance was just leaving as I passed and I couldn't figure out why there were two fire service vehicles in off the road (on what is clearly a bike path). Without speculating on who did what, though the paths are well segregated from cars on the road itself, it looks like there is some level of shared cycle/pedestrian access or at least poor separation between a good looking cycle path and the footpath.

Hopefully the injured will make a full and swift recovery...

499386.jpg

It seems it happened on the shared cycle & footpath. That area isn't lit at all when darkness falls so visibility is minimal, the cyclist had some form of lights on his bike while using the cycle/shared footpath but the pedestrian was walking with no form of lights etc.

I'm trying to be careful here as it looks like this will have the worst outcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

unfortunately the pedestrian has passed away. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

That's the 4th fatal accident in the 10km section of N24 from Condon's Cross on Cahir side of N24 to Kilheffernan Cross in less than 9 months

That's the 4th fatal accident in the 10km section of N24 from Condon's Cross on Cahir side of N24 to Kilheffernan Cross in less than 9 months

Not sure it happened on the road.

Advertisement