Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Upgrade Query - You Begin a New Contract on Your Existing Service

Options
  • 07-01-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

499329.JPG

I was looking at the Eir site to see about an upgrade. Put in my details and it came back with the above. Now my query is this, were I to click on view phone, does that mean I've entered into a new contract. It would seem very poor service to not let the customer get beyond the pop-up above without entering into a new contract.

I would have thought I had an option to see the phone, a potential payment and then what the monthly cost would be before entering into a new contract.

If the image is as literal as it would imply, not letting the customer get beyond the pop-up strikes me as very poor customer care.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No. It just implies that of you purchase a new phone it'll kick in a new contract

We had the same questions last year but browsing phones doesn't kick start a new contract

Advertisement