Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man arrested over attempted abduction

Options
  • 07-01-2020 3:17pm
    Site Banned Posts: 29

Breaking news this afternoon, a man has been arrested for the attempted abduction of a woman in her 60s yesterday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Brilliant news this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jamie X

She probably knows him. The media never tell half the story in cases like this, let alone the whole story.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Fair play to the woman for fighting her attacker. Could have been a very different outcome otherwise.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 The 2020s

The guy was 30 years old, very strange for him to try and abduct a woman twice his age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The 2020s wrote: »
    The guy was 30 years old, very strange for him to try and abduct a woman twice his age.

I think the strange part is that a guy tried to stick a woman into his boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think the strange part is that a guy tried to stick a woman into his boot.

Yeah, I think looking for logical thinking here may be wishful thinking. Probably just saw an opportunity went for it, didn't have any specific type/target in mind besides being a woman. Lets hope he's not another of these sob stories that gets a suspended sentence after agreeing to go see a councillor or some similar scutter.

Wow that was quick, must of been car registered to him and someone got the plate number, fair play to passers-by who came to the rescue as I’d say this would of had a bad ending, some sick twisted people among us and I’d dare say this animal has previously been involved in other sinister things which hopefully he can now be linked to and then given a substantial sentence which is not done in Arbour Hill with the rest of our twisted vile predators we’re they get to swap ideas and do easy time with no consequences if they don’t do programmes to make them understand the damage they do to victims, we need to change the legislation to ensure they partake or get indefinite sentences if they don’t.

The thread will probably be locked again if we find out he’s a migrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

If he wasn't there more be a more detailed description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I don't know about the particulars of this story obviously but I'm aware of a similar case and it was a feud situation. It was a teenager into the back of the van rather than a woman into the boot story but basically a member of family A runs into an unaccompanied smaller or weaker member of family B so they try to take them because I don't know... feuds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

The 2020s wrote:
    Wow that was quick, must of been car registered to him and someone got the plate number, fair play to passers-by who came to the rescue as I’d say this would of had a bad ending, some sick twisted people among us and I’d dare say this animal has previously been involved in other sinister things which hopefully he can now be linked to and then given a substantial sentence which is not done in Arbour Hill with the rest of our twisted vile predators we’re they get to swap ideas and do easy time with no consequences if they don’t do programmes to make them understand the damage they do to victims, we need to change the legislation to ensure they partake or get indefinite sentences if they don’t.

Wow, that's some sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Was there a news blackout on reporting since it happened yesterday morning and was only reported on media this afternoon ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

....t.

I'd say only if people make it more about him being a migrant than a potential kidnapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Was there a news blackout on reporting since it happened yesterday morning and was only reported on media this afternoon ?

It was widely reported yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Let’s just assume he is because the media haven’t said he’s not, just to be sure.

Apparently the woman was a Hutch and the guy trying to kidnap her was a Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

He was only 20 apparently, just a kid, which is even more strange. Some weird cuùnts out there.

dobman88 wrote: »
    He was only 20 apparently, just a kid, which is even more strange. Some weird cuùnts out there.

According to some sources this is related to the Hutch-Kinahan feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Apparently the woman was a Hutch and the guy trying to kidnap her was a Kinahan.

I was thinking it was a known perpetrator. It was a bizarre location to abduct someone from.

They described him only by his clothes which points towards him being of the ‘New Irish’.

Either that or he was a known target for the Gardaí. Speculation of Hutch-Kinahan links are ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't get the Hutch-Kinahan jokes, or is there an actual link?

They described him only by his clothes which points towards him being of the ‘New Irish’.

No it's does not.
    Where has this ridiculous notion that Gardai don't give out descriptions of foreign suspects?
    Gardai give out the details they need to. Nothing more. It was always clear in this case there was more to the story.

vriesmays wrote: »
    If he wasn't there more be a more detailed description.

Yeah?
    Why do you think this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Mohamed Kinahan was it?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Mohamed Kinahan was it?

???

bubblypop wrote: »
    ???

The poster seems to have a horn for “non white” I was trying to make him feel better as he has discovered it may have been connected to the old gangland malarkey.

The motivation is unclear although there are suggestions of Hutch-Kinahan relations online.

It’s very queer to target a woman in her 60s. I would’ve imagined a sex fiend would’ve targeted a teenage girl or woman in her early 20s rather than an elderly lady.

This makes it sound like there was an ulterior motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The poster seems to have a horn for “non white” I was trying to make him feel better as he has discovered it may have been connected to the old gangland malarkey.

Tbf hes covering gangland AND race simultaneously. Covering all the bases.

The motivation is unclear although there are suggestions of Hutch-Kinahan relations online.

It’s very queer to target a woman in her 60s. I would’ve imagined a sex fiend would’ve targeted a teenage girl or woman in her early 20s rather than an elderly lady.

This makes it sound like there was an ulterior motive.

Are you an expert on the inner thoughts and motivations of a sex fiend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This is the third time you've said this and it's a bit weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement